Lost in the Cruel World (Mika...

By EreMikaheart

Spoiler Alert! What if in an alternative universe, after the battle of Heaven and Earth, Mikasa gets another... More

1. Back to Where Everything Started
2. The Warmth of His Scarf
3. Trapped in a Small Cage
4. Indebted
5. To You, In 2,000 Years
6. That Day
7. A Dim Light Amid Despair
8. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
9. First Battle
10. Small Blade
11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
13. Response
14. Idol
15. Primal Desire
16. Can't Look into His Eyes Yet
17. Special Operations Squad
18. Needed to be Done
19. Female Titan
20. Forest of Giant Trees
21. Defeated
22. Memories of That Day
23. The Attacking Titan
24. End Result
25. Mere Threat
26. Beast Titan
27. Soilder
28. The Fallen Warriors
29. Blessing
30. Ruler of the Walls
31. Memories of the Future
32. Inevitable
33. The Other Side of the Walls
34. Love Against Time
35. Grow Old Together
36. Lost In the Cruel World (Final Chapter)

12. Whereabouts of His Left Arm

1.2K 29 1
By EreMikaheart

AUTHOR'S POV:

"Eren!" Armin said and moved forward, arm outstretched. "Hurry!"

Then the titan chomped down, sending Eren's arm flying out.

Armin screamed, crying, as the titan swallowed Eren.
.
.

Then darkness engulfed Eren. Then he found himself inside the titan's stomach.

Half his body was under the red sludge.

Looking around, he saw corpses of soilders as well as several different body parts from multiple people floating in blood.

Eren gasped, backing away. 'This... this can't be happening... We're nothing like we were five years ago... We trained so hard.. to beat these things...' He got teary eyed.

"It's hot..." A feminine soilder said before drowning. "Help me, Mom..."

'Mom...' Eren's mind flashed to her smiling face, putting a white bed sheet on the line to dry. Little Eren snuck from the other side, making a goofy face and causing her to start laughing. He beamed with pride, watching her laugh.

'Why must this happen?' The destruction of their home came to his mind. 'Our lives... Our dreams...' He remembered Armin was excitedly showing Eren his grandfather's book.

'Why?' Tears began pouring from his eyes. 'Damn it! Damn it!' He began to sink.

"No! I can't die! I promised Mom!" Eren said as only his head remained afloat. "I promised Mikasa! I refuse to give up!" He raised his stump of a left arm. "I'll kill them! I won't spare a single one of them!"
.

Then blue lightning struck and the bearded titan exploded and then the Attacking Titan appeared.

He threw his head back and roared.

Noticing a Titan down the street, he scowled, moving toward it.

'I'll exterminate you all!' Eren's voice rang through the Titan's mind. 'I won't spare a single one of you!'

A 3-meter lunged at him.

The Attacking Titan threw a punch, fist going through the smaller Titan's mouth and destroying its nape.

'More!' He began stomping on the Titan. 'More! Kill more!' He continued stomping. 'I want to kill!' Finally, the Attacking Titan stopped stood straight.
.
.

"I'll kill you!" Eren said, barely lucid.

Armin gaped at his best friend, supporting him. "Eren?"

The last of the fog disappeared and he finally came to his senses.

Mikasa looked over her shoulder. "Eren!"
.

Around them, all eyes of the Garrisons were on the trio.
.

"Eren! Can you move on your own?" Armin asked. "Are you yourself again? Tell them everything you know! I'm sure they'll understand!"

Eren turned to him. "Armin?"
.

"Did you hear him? He said he's gonna kill us!" A soilder shouted.

"Yeah, I heard it, too."

"He's planning on eating us!"
.

"What're they talking about?" Eren said, eying the blades. 'Why're they pointing those swords at us? They're meant for killing Titans. Why are they glowering at me like that?'
.

Weilman, in particular, was looking very terrified.
.

'What's going on here?' Eren wondered.
.
.

On the other side of Wall Rose, Connie was explaining everything to his friends.

"...and that's how we got ahold of some gas and got out of Trost."

"You went through all that? I'm sorry..." Christa said sympathetically. "We kept volunteering to help supply you guys, but." Her shoulders slumped.

"We'd even managed to secure some gas, too." Ymir said.

"D-Does that mean everyone who isn't here is...?" Christa trailed off.

"Yeah." Connie said.

"Even Mikasa?" Ymir asked, surprised.

"No." Connie said, "I'm pretty sure she came after us, with Jean and the rest."

"Jean." Ymir called out, looking at Jean who was sitting at a table with Annie, Reiner, and Bert. "Don't tell me Mikasa got hurt or something?"

"Hey, what's wrong?" Connie asked, looking at Jean.

Jean took large sips from the waterskin and wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his arm. "I can't tell you. We've been slapped with a confidentiality order."

"A confidentiality order?"

"What the hell?"

"There's no way it's staying under wraps though." Jean said, recalling the lift ride down the Wall, finding Garrison soldiers everywhere. "The news is gonna spread across humanity like wildfire. Assuming humanity lasts long enough, anyway."
.
.

Atop the Wall, Hannes looked down.

A metal gate covered the hole, blocking the Titans' way.

A large group had piled up against it.
.

"That's pretty smart of the Corps of Engineers, using the Titans themselves as a defensive wall of flesh. But we can't afford to let our guard down."

"After all, this is the front line between humanity and the Titans. We're at the edge of a cliff." Hannes said and then noticed his comrade's odd expression. "What's the matter?"

"Oh, no... Nothing's wrong with our mission. I'm just worried about my friends assigned to the vanguard. I just saw a messenger headed for HQ with a pale look on his face." His comrade replied.

"Yeah, but our only focus should be on fending them off, just as we were originally trained." Hannes replied.

"I heard those kid friends of yours are trainees now."

"Were they part of the vanguard, too?"

"Yes..." Hannes said.

"I apologize, sir. I shouldn't have brought it up."

"They're fine. They're tough kids," Hannes said, convinced. "They each have what it takes to survive. One's a proficient fighter, another one has immense inner strength, the other is extremely intelligent. I know they're alright. They're alive for sure."
.
.

"Trainees Yeager, Ackerman, and Arlert!" Weilman yelled. "Your present behavior is an act of high treason! "What do you have to say in defense? Should you try anything funny or attempt to move from where you are, we'll blast you to bits immediately and without hesitation! This is a direct question! What are you really?! Human?! Or Titan?!"
.

'What kind of question is that? What's with that look?! It's almost like they're looking at some kind of monster. Is that what they think of me?' Eren thought.

"I...I don't understand the question, sir!" Eren replied, a bit unsure.
.

"Playing innocent, huh?! Just try that again, monster!" Weilman pointed angrily. "We'll blast you into pieces in the blink of an eye before you can reveal your true form!"
.

"True form?" Eren asked, confused.
.

"Everyone saw it! You emerged from the carcass of a Titan!" Weilman yelled. "We've allowed an unknown being-you-to infiltrate Wall Rose! Even if you are a member of the Training Corps as sanctioned by the king, it is well within reason for me to eliminate any risk as quickly as possible! I'm not wrong!"

"The Armored Titan that took down Wall Maria could appear at any moment now!" A soilder shouted.

"As we speak, the very survival of humanity is at stake! Understand?! We can't afford to waste any further manpower or time on you! I will bombard you with high explosives if I have to!" Weilman yelled, trying to being tough.

Rico stood behind him, calm. "Indeed, their defiance is obvious."

"It's unlikely we'll get any beneficial information from them. As you said, this is a waste of time and resources."

"Sir! Now is our best chance!"

"We should destroy him while he's still in human form!"
.

Mikasa stepped forward, swords at the ready. "My specialty is slicing up flesh. I'll gladly demonstrate it, if need be." She glared with a murderous look on her face. "If anyone wants to experience my technique then please, by all means, step this way."
.

"Sir, Mikasa Ackerman was assigned to escort duty with us elite soldiers." Ian said, looking at Weilman. "Her prowess is equal to that of a hundred ordinary soldiers. Losing her would be a great setback for humanity."
.

Eren turned to his friends. "Hey, Mikasa! Armin! What is all this?!"

"You don't remember anything?" Armin asked.

Eren just shook his head, looking at Armin.

"Mikasa, Attacking people won't help! There's nowhere to run inside these cramped Walls!" Armin said, looking at Mikasa.

"I don't care who my opponents are. I won't let anyone kill Eren." Mikasa said. "I couldn't care less about anything else."

"We need to talk with them, Mikasa!" Armin said. "None of them understand the situation! That's why they are afraid!"

'Am I the only one who doesn't think I'm a Titan?' Eren gritted his teeth, eyes closed. 'Damn! I have no memory of how I got here! I'm too weak to stand, and I could end up dead if I say the wrong thing.'

Mikasa let out a sigh. 'We have to deal with this fool until Commander Pixis arrives. Before that, I have to do something that'll remind Eren to use his titan power.'
.

A cannon was pointed straight at them.

Soldiers on the ground held up their blades, glaring.
.

'Being killed by humans?' Eren thought. 'That's absurd! What is this about me coming out of a Titan's body, anyway?! What the hell are they talking about?! How is that possible?!... Does that mean that wasn't a dream?!' A memory of him losing his arm came back to him. 'If that's the case that means I grew an arm...' He stared at his hand. 'That makes me practically like a Titan! That's impossible. How could I? How...?'
.

"I'll ask one more time! What are you really?!" Weilman screamed.
.

Armin looked back at the Garrison captain, scared.
.

The silence was thick in the air.

Everyone stood still, waiting for Eren's answer.
.

'I can't answer this wrong. I won't be the only one who'll die...'  Eren thought.

"I'm human!" Eren answered.

Silence fell upon them for a moment.
.

"I see. Don't take this personally." Weilman said and his hand began to rise. "This is just how it has to be. Because no one can prove that they aren't a monster." He held his arm up high. On the Wall, a soldier raised her hand in reply.
.

"Eren! Armin!" Mikasa yelled and ran back, abandoning her swords. "We're going up the Wall!" She picked Eren up on her shoulder.

"Wait!" Eren said.

The bronze key then appeared infront of him, triggering memories.
.

"Eren, when I get back, I'll show you the basement that I've kept secret all this time. Keep this key on you at all times." Grisha said, standing at the doorway.
.

"And every time you see it, remember. Remember that you must visit that basement!" Grisha said as a young Eren stared at the metal object in his hands.
.

Eren grunted at the onslaught of images.

"This injection will make you forget all of this." Grisha said with tears running down his cheeks, "So there's no use explaining now. Just remember this. You must retake Wall Maria and reach the basement!"

Little Eren backed up, nervous and scared, holding his hand.

"I'm certain this ability will help when that time comes! Their memories will tell you how to use it!" Grisha said.
.

"Eren!" Grisha yelled. "You'll understand the truth someday if you visit the basement!"
.

Eren struggled, throwing off Mikasa's balance, dragging her by the arm back toward Armin, a look of pure determination on his face.
.

Weilman's arm began to rise.
.

Memories were keep flooding in Eren's mind.
.

"It will be a harsh, painful journey but you must reach it!" Grisha said.
.

Weilman's hand came down.

Fire flashed around the cannon as it was fired.

A charcoal, iron sphere raced toward the them.
.

"If you want to save Carla, Mikasa, Armin and everyone else..."
.

Eren had an arm wrapped around his two friends.
.

"...you must learn to control this ability!"
.

Eren then bit his hand.

A blue coloured sphere encircled them and lightning flashed.

Eren partially transformed and blocked the cannon.
.

The explosion caught the attention of Hannes and his fellow soldiers on the Wall.
.

On the other side of it, Jean and the rest were watching the smoke rise in shock.
.

Weilman gazed at the steam and smoke clearing up. "Did we get him?"
.

Armin were staring in pure shock and fear at Eren's partial transformation while Mikasa had a serious expression.
.

Rico's eyes widened in horror.

Weilman was frozen, unable to wrap his head around the sight before him. "It's not possible..."

The soldiers cried out in panic and fear at the half-skeletal half-muscular Titan that had appeared before them.

"What just happened...?"

________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 6 17
after Eren dies Ymir gives him a second chance to restart life and be with Mikasa
28.4K 581 60
Spoiler alert! What if in an alternative universe, after Mikasa frees Ymir from her pain of love, Ymir decided to do the world a favour, as well as g...
88.5K 2K 11
When Levi takes a particular disliking to a new Cadet... What could be his reason? Book 2 now out - "Dont you want me?"
44.3K 1.2K 48
An arrangement between a gay and his best friend? _______ Mikasa had been in love with Eren ever since they were kids but when she found out that he...