A Helping Hand

By RayquazaKing04

The leaves waving in the wind, birds singing their beautiful songs, the distant sound of water running throug... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Shot That Counts
Chapter 2 - Proposition
Chapter 3 - First Hunt Memories
Chapter 4 - Post-Winter Hunt
Chapter 5 - The F*ck Just Happened?
1000 Reads!?
Chapter 7 - Christmas Special
Character Name Change
2000 Views!!??
Chapter 8 - The Ceremony
Chapter 9 - Finally Happy
Chapter 10 - I Love You
Chapter 11 - Meet The Family (Part 1)
Thank You, Guys, SO MUCH!
Chapter 12 - Meet The Family (Part 2)
Chapter 13 - Alaskan Hike
Chapter 14 - The Long Trek
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!
Chapter 15 - The Meet
Chapter 16 - Get Back Home!

Chapter 6 - Finally, Some Good F*cking Food

722 19 34
By RayquazaKing04

Jason and Kaya are outside cutting the deer into smaller pieces for cooking. Jason was playing music on his phone, playing some chillhop music. Kaya's family is inside watching a movie, something about a goofy guy is hired as a spy. Jason put it on while he and Kaya cut up the deer. Jason is wanting to prepare a nice dinner for Kaya and her family. He wants to prepare a special dish he remembers his mother making when his dad brought home deer meat. Deer steak is what he decided to prepare, as well as make deer jerky he remembered his father made when he was younger. Jason is cutting up the meat and handing it off to Kaya to place in a bowl to prepare in. Once he is finished with the cutting, he and Kaya reentered the house and greeted her family again, they were enjoying the movie due to the laughter coming from the house. Jason went to the kitchen to start preparing the food. While he was getting the stuff out so the meat can marinate, Kaya was with him watching him prepare it.

Kaya: Lots of odd liquids you are using.

She said while leaning her head on his shoulder.

Jason: These were specifically made to add more flavor to the meat. Adding these will really make your tastebuds dance!

He said with enthusiasm. Kaya smiled and hugged him while he prepared.

Jason: Careful! don't want to get your fur on the meat!

He said while stepping away from the prep area so he can also hug her but with his hands away from her to not dirty her fur.

Kaya: Need me to do anything?

She asks while looking into his eyes. Jason shakes his head

Jason: Nah I'm alright, this is a difficult recipe to do and it will take a while, which is why I set up that movie anyways. Just marinating the meat would take a few hours so once I'm finished here, I'll put it into the fridge and let it marinate, I'll then join you guys with the movie.

He said while putting plastic wrap around the bowl and placing it into the fridge, he then washed his hands and left the room with Kaya beside him. Entering the living room, Rofl noticed the two enter.

Rofl: If I may ask, how is it coming along? The venison I mean.

She asked while looking at the two as they both sit on a chair together.

Jason: It's going good, just need to let the meat marinate for a few hours, which is why I put on this movie for us, to give it time. Likely after these movies, is when dinner will be finished.

He said with a smile as Kaya curled up onto Jason's lap, nuzzling his neck which in return, is making him blush.

Rofl: Thank you, Jason, and it's good to know she enjoys your company.

She said with a smile. She then leaned her head on Aponivi's shoulder which he returned by leaning his head on her head. Kotori is just watching the movie, not even paying attention to the two couples next to him. The family and Jason continue to watch the movie(s), Jason then returned to the kitchen with Kaya to finish making dinner, Jason got the grill pan ready and started to get the wood fire stove ready, he could have used his electric stove but wanted the satisfaction of using a wood fire stove to cook a special meal for special guests. Plus, he just likes the taste of wood-cooked meals.

Kaya: So all that's left is to just cook it?

Kaya asks as she stands on the other side of the stove.

Jason: Yup! After that, dinner will be ready! While you were watching the movie, I also made some jerky for a small snack.

He says while walking up to the dehydrator containing some deer meat.

Jason: Here, have a taste.

He says while getting a piece and presenting it to her, he holds it out for her to eat out of her hand, she gets the gesture and moves along with it, eating the piece from his hand like a real couple...With the couple being from two separate intelligent species.

Kaya's eyes light up from the jerky.

Kaya: This is so delicious! A bit tough but still delicious!

She comments as she chows down on the jerky in his hand more, like a puppy eating a hotdog given to them by its owner.

Jason: It's dehydrated for a reason. It prevents the meat from spoiling. But people still like it, even with the flavors added.

Kaya just nods and continues to eat from his hand.

Timeskip is brought to you by my cat Pepper

Finally, the food is done. He and Kaya set the table as well as more of the lemonade. After setting the table, Kaya gets her family from the living room, the smell is causing all the wolves to drool.

Rofl: Oh God's the smell is amazing!

Rofl comments, Jason just smiles as they all sit down, he stays standing to deliver the food to them, and he also requested Kaya to sit as well, he wanted to give the food to every single member of the family. Jason then starts to hand out pieces of meat to the family members, Kotori first, then Rofl, Aponivi, then Kaya. Even though they are wolves with their instincts, they are still well-mannered and each thanks Jason for giving them their share, they also wait for Jason to sit down. After Jason gets his serving and sits down, Aponivi was the first to speak up.

Aponivi: Before we start enjoying this meal you gave us Jason, I'd like to personally and from the bottom of my heart, give you a sincere thank you Jason. From the first time we met, you were nothing but nice to us, even though we basically forced you to come to our den, you still gave us a peace offering. And now you treat my family and me to a special meal. You help my pack in gathering food and even saved my two pups from a bear. And let's not forget that you protected my daughter when Nukpana and his pals tried to kill you and my daughter. Made friends with the leader of the Sioux tribe and even offered to give him some of your cooking even though you both don't know much about each other. You are truly a great friend and perfect for my daughter. I again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Jason.

Jason just sits back with a wide smile on his face taking in all that he said before he spoke up as well.

Jason: God knows that I would do anything to protect your family and your pack. Sorry for involving my own beliefs, I know we may not believe in the same beliefs but that is the same with other humans, not everyone believes in the same deity or deities as everyone else but they still get along, even loving each other as Kaya and I are. I moved out here because I wanted to get away from the boring lifestyle I lived through when I was younger, Don't get me wrong, I loved the place I grew up in, but slowly, I realized that I wanted to be somewhere I would enjoy and be comfortable, and now that I live out here, I get to experience more of what nature has to show, and hell, it brought me to you guys, I am truly thankful to my God that I have met your family, if it wasn't for me going out hunting, I wouldn't have met Kaya, and I wouldn't have had this experience of connecting with nature, God knows I would do anything in my power to protect the things I love, from being my family or the new family I have bonded to.

He says with a sincere smile.

Jason: I hope that we stay as we are now or become closer as a family in the future, and someday even introduce Kaya and you to my family, It may be weird for them to experience seeing you guys but I again will do anything in my power to protect you guys, even if it means disowning my family. This is my life to live so I will live however I want and God knows that I will protect you guys.

Aponivi was smiling the entire time at him, he knew that he trusted Jason even tearing up at the comment that he was like family to him, he knows it must be hard living far away from his real family and he worries about his future interaction with them but he is hopeful that it will end peacefully with no negatives.

Kaya just got out of her seat and kissed Jason passionately while hugging him tightly. Her love for him grew deeper as he spoke. After Jason had to gently push her away so they could breathe, she sat back down next to him. Kotori then spoke up.

Kotori: Although we don't go out hunting as often anymore, I still treat you as a dear friend, a best friend even. I hope in the future we can hang out as friends more often, I'd like to learn more about your lifestyle and how you grew up. It would be interesting to learn about that 'gun' of yours.

Although it was shorter than his and Aponivi's, Kotori's words were still touching, he knew Kotori didn't trust him in the beginning but slowly gained his trust throughout their time together, and he will make sure to show him more about his lifestyle and more of society as a whole. After the thought, Rofl then spoke up.

Rofl: Although we don't talk often, I still treat you as a son to me, you have been nothing but kind to me and my family, Aponivi mostly took the words right out of my mouth. I myself want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a kind soul. It's understandable that we don't believe in the same beliefs as you but God's know that won't stop me from loving you as a son and treating you as another family member. So again, thank you Jason.

Jason's heart was warm now thanks to Rofl's sincere words about being a part of the family, he will hold dear to the memories he makes with this new family he formed. Aponivi then spoke up again to say one more thing.

Aponivi: Stemming from that, I'd also like to add one more thing, as well as treating you as another family member, I'd also like to fully have you as a pack member. Like said before, you have helped us in many ways than one, you are just a kind soul that either of our deities would appreciate. It doesn't matter who we believe in, all that matters is who we love and appreciate, Kaya loves you for who you are. And our pack shouldn't be on just who is born in it, from this point onward, I now fully accept you into our pack. I know that you will do great things for my pack. I again thank you, Jason.

Jason was left speechless, he never really expected to be accepted as an outsider to the pack but was still accepted nevertheless. Kotori also wasn't surprised, with the help Jason has provided, it was inevitable that he would be an official member of the pack. Kaya had a suspicion that he would accept Jason into the pack but was still surprised, but she then got up again and basically jumped onto Jason and just latched onto him, hugging him tightly.

After she calmed down, Jason then said to start eating, he was worried after all the talking that the meat would be cold but surprisingly enough, it was still hot, Kaya was first to take a bite of it, and her eyes lit up like lights on a Christmas tree. The taste was immeasurable and left her speechless, causing her to keep gobbling more and more of it, taking some time to sip at her lemonade between a few of her bites. Seeing her daughter enjoy the meal, Rofl went next on trying the food, after taking a bite and tasting it, her eyes too lit up, the flavor was causing her to be speechless and making her want to eat more, so she continued to chow down on the venison. After seeing his mother and sister eat, he bit into his venison as well, he was just as speechless as the others that he didn't do anything else, he just kept chowing down on the meat, nearly choking on the food but the help of his beverage, he safely scarfed it all down. Finally, Aponivi tried Jason's cooking, and with the reactions his family expressed, he had to try it himself, a single bite made him tear up, he never tried anything this spectacular before. more and more bites came after, basically scarfing the entire deer down. Jason knew this would happen which is why he made a whole lot of deer for the family, Kaya was first to finish and asked for more, he happily obliged and put more on her plate, Rofl and Aponivi then finished and also asked. Jason said they are more than welcome to help themselves to more, which they obliged by getting a lot more, Kotori was more than happy to get more. Jason just sat back and enjoyed his serving of venison as the group of anthro wolves chowed down on his cooking, it's nice to know that another species can enjoy some good cooking. Aponivi was the first to comment on his cooking.

Aponivi: Jason...this is truly fantastic. I have never tried anything this flavorful in my life before.

He said while taking more bites.

Rofl: I agree, this is even better than what I can cook!

She said with a slight chuckle.

Kotori: This is so fucking good, sorry for the language but shit this is so good.

Jason just laughed slightly at his comment.

Kaya: Jason...everything you make is delicious, you said your mom taught you how to cook?

He nods.

Kaya: Well I hope there is a time when we can try her cooking as well.

All agree with her comment.

Timeskip brought to you by Gordan Ramsey (not really)

Basically, everyone is on the couch passed out. Kotori was on the floor asleep with the provided blanket and pillow, and Aponivi and Rofl were on the couch cuddling with a blanket and pillow together. In another room, Jason and Kaya were fast asleep on Jason's bed together, both cuddling and sharing their love for each other. Both were covered by a blanket with their heads on the same pillow, and the house was quiet besides the rustling fire from the fireplace, (yea the house has electrical heating but nothing beats the feeling of a fireplace). Everything in the house was asleep and quiet.

----

I'm back! Sorry for the long wait, I wanted to focus more on college so I stopped writing for a while, plus writer's block really took it out of me, I really wanted to write but I had no creativity in mind and was burned off from trying to go by a schedule. I want to come back strong so I plan to release another chapter of Shifting Gears soon so look out for that! As always, please vote for this as it shows that people actually like what I write. Leave a comment if you enjoyed the chapter! I have more ideas for this story in the future so stay tuned as well! Thank you for reading and I hope to see you in the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 66 7
My 3rd Anthro x Human Book. 1945 and the second world war is nearly over in Europe. With the fuher himself dead and the allies on the verge of winni...
76.9K 3.7K 55
The Hookhill Chronicles, p:1 You know when people say how it's like love at first sight when seeing their love for the first time? You look him in th...
5.2K 78 17
In the year 2025, 30% of all animals had evolved into anthropomorphic beings after a series of experiments. Due to having mostly humanoid features as...
33.8K 426 11
(Basically. I know the movie hasn't come out yet but I just felt like publishing this. This is because SOMEONE apparently tried to take the idea whic...