๐—›๐—˜๐—”๐—ฅ๐—ง๐—ฆ ๐—–๐—ข๐—ก๐—ง๐—˜๐—ก๐—ง โ–ท...

By -evnstarr

๐—›๐—˜๐—”๐—ฅ๐—ง๐—ฆ ๐—–๐—ข๐—ก๐—ง๐—˜๐—ก๐—ง|โI'll dance till my legs fall off.โž โThat's a terrible way to die.โž Join Cordelia... More

๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“๐’ ๐‚๐Ž๐๐“๐„๐๐“
ยฒAPOLOGIES ALL AROUND
ยณBYE BYE BREAKFAST
โดTHE LETTER
โตPAS DE DEUX
โถPURPLE RIBBON
โทTHE AFFAIR
โธLIA AND LAURIE
โนINSUFFERABLE FOOL
ยนโฐ JO'S CONFUSING NATURE
ยนยนCHARLES MILLER
ยนยฒI KNOW THOSE GLOVES
ยนยณDANCES AND GAMES

ยนCORDELIA MARCH

871 18 0
By -evnstarr

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓
Chapter One||Cordelia March
"No marriage to men!"

  "𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐒!" 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐊𝐄. "Oh no dear I cannot do that, you've got smaller feet than me, and I'm afraid if I wear them they would simply get ruined and tattered and wouldn't fit you after that," Meg the oldest sister sighed in disappointment.

     "Just wear your regular shoes!" Jo spoke, collapsing into one of the couches. "These fit last winter!" Meg exclaimed, still trying to fit her shoes on. "That was last winter, Meg," Beth told her eldest sister softly. "My feet should not have grown that much in a span of a year, Beth."

     "My nose grew a bit more over this year, so I think it's clear your feet have grown bigger, Meg," Amy spoke looking at her nose in the mirror. Cora gasped and threw a pillow at her youngest sister. "Amy! You can't say that!"

     "But it's true! What is the point in Meg trying to fit her feet into shoes that clearly do not fit her anymore!"

     The five March sisters. Margaret, Josephine, Cordelia, Elizabeth and Amy. The latter of the four going by the nicknames, Meg, Jo, Cora and Beth. Meg, the eldest of the five, was a very pretty young lady with brown hair and white hands, of which she was quite vain. Jo, the second oldest, was very tall, thin and had a decided mouth, and possessed many unladylike qualities.

     Cora, the third oldest, had long brown hair and hazel eyes. She had the aspirations of becoming a famous ballet dancer in Paris and always dreamed she lived in Paris with her sisters. 

     Beth, the second youngest, was a rosy, smooth haired, bright-eyed girl who had a shy manner, timid voice and a peaceful expression. Lastly, was Amy, the youngest sister. She had beautiful yellow hair that curled on her shoulders and she was pale and slender and always carried herself with dignity and a young lady. However, out of the five sisters, Amy was the most spoilt and conceited one, always bothering her sister Jo about her 'unladylike' manners.

     "Don't mind Amy, Meg, but I do partially agree with her-" Jo started before getting interrupted by Cora. "Why can we not all go?" She sighed unhappily. It had been one of Cora's many dreams, to go to a party where they could all dress up and dance to their hearts content.

  "Believe me Cora, if I had a choice I would not go," Jo said rolling her eyes at the prospect of spending most of her night in an uncomfortable tight dress, surrounded by snobbish men and boys alike.

     "We'll tell you all about it when we get back," Meg promised, "I'm sure it will be absolutely delightful."

     "Don't make false things up Meg, it isn't ladylike."

     "Just because you won't have fun doesn't mean I can't."

     Cora spoke up before Jo could say another word and an argument would break out. Ever the peacemaker. "I'm sure both of you will have your fun. Meg in making friends with boys and dancing, and Jo in making friends with her shadow and sitting in one spot looking out of place."

    Scowling Jo shot Cora a glare, "I'd rather look out of place than indulge in the company of men."

    Smiling back Cora shook her head in amusement. "I think you'll find a wonderful company while you're there Jo. Maybe even make friends with a boy-"

     "I can't hear you!" Jo exclaimed putting her hands on her ears. 

     "What's so bad with the prospect of making a friend," Cora asked raising her eyebrows. "Be it a boy or not."

    Amy nodded her head agreeing with her sister, "Some boys are cute. Like that L-"

    Jo gasped and hurriedly took Meg's arm and started dragging her to the door. "We must rush on Meg, before these lunatics spout more nonsense about men and their cuteness."

     Cora let a laugh and stood up from her place on the couch ready to go practice ballet in her room. "It was actually boys, Jo."

     And with that she left the room.

    It had been about ten minutes since the two March sisters had left the house to attend wherever they were going. And in that time Cora had gotten on her pointe shoes that Marmee had gifted her the last Christmas and started dancing.

     Twirling around gracefully she was so focused on her dancing, that she didn't notice both Beth and Amy climbing up the stairs and opening the door to the room both her and Amy shared and watching her dance. In her honest opinion, if she could choose to room with someone, she would choose Beth. She got on the best with her as they had similar aspirations. She had always wanted to share a room with her, but Jo ended up sharing with Beth, which left Cora to share with Amy.

     Meg had got her own room as she was the eldest and there wasn't enough space for Jo to have a room of her own, so she had to choose someone to share with. For obvious reasons she chose Beth, Amy got on her nerves sometimes with her conceited personality. And she didn't want to deal with a dancing Cora in her room.

     As Cora continuously twirled round the room, not once did she knock anything over. Dancing was her passion, and she only wished her family were rich enough to send her to the Paris Opera Ballet School.

     A few minutes after Amy let out a big sneeze which disrupted Cora's dancing and surprised her immensely which resulted in her falling onto the ground knocking her books on dance over.

     Aware of the two eyes on her, Cora quickly got up and put her books back on her desk. "How long have you two been there for?" She asked, brushing her dress off and hurriedly taking off her pointe shoes.

     "Long enough to see you fall," Amy smiled, "I wish I could dance like that!"

     "I would offer to teach you, but after last time I don't think I want to," Cora laughed, remembering the time Amy asked her to teach her to dance. It ended up with Amy spraining her ankle and Cora having to wait on her for two weeks for compensation.

     Cora's aunt March paid for her to attend ballet lessons. She always said that at least someone in the family had a talent. Cora had performed in multiple small shows and her aunt was proud of her, although she wouldn't admit it.

     "Those two weeks were the best weeks of my life!" Amy exclaimed, jumping off the floor to go sit next to her sister. "Beth, would you like to learn how to dance?" Cora asked, turning round and looking at Beth, beckoning her to come join her and Amy.

     "I don't think I'd be any good at it," Beth responded, joining her two sisters and placing her head on Cora's shoulder while she wrapped an arm around her. Amy did the same exact thing, and they sat there for many minutes talking about what they wanted to do when they grew older, what their favourite memory was and so on.

     "Remember that time that Laurence boy came to one of your performances, and you refused to perform because of him?" Amy mentioned, a small grin creeping onto her face. Only herself and Beth knew about Cora's enormous crush on the Laurence boy. They had both sworn to never tell Jo or Meg, as Cora would be the subject of endless teasing by mostly Jo.

     "And then you told Marmee and dad you were wounded, and they took you back home to check your 'wound'," Beth added on with a smile. "They never did find the wound."

     Cora let out a laugh, reminiscing that performance and how nervous she was because of the Laurence boy. "And all they found was a part of my skin coloured purple."

     "Aunt March was so mad at you after that," Amy said. "She refused to speak to me for weeks until I ended up apologising to her with a special dance just for her eyes," Cora chuckled.

     "It wasn't really just for her eyes, since you let me see it," Beth spoke with a huge grin. "And you didn't let me see it?!" Amy gasped offended. "I am hurt by your actions, Cordelia March! And I propose you wait on me for two weeks to make up for your actions!"

     "I'm older than you Amy," Cora sighed ruffling her sister's hair, "Indeed I did let Beth see this so called 'special dance' but I couldn't not seeing as she played such a big part in it."

     Amy looked at Cora and then at Beth, confused. "What?"

     "I played the piano while Cora danced to it," Beth explained. "I need to hear and see this dance one day," Amy stated. "Maybe one day," Cora said.

     "Did that Laurence boy ever see you perform again?" Beth asked, looking at her sister curiously. "No," Cora responded, shaking her head. "Although I must say if he does end up coming to another one of my performances, I shall perform no matter if he is there!"

     "Do you still have a crush on him?" Beth asked again. "Oh heavens no! That was an old crush from when I was much younger and less mature!"

     "It was a year ago," Amy remarked, raising her eyebrows. "Nonetheless, my crush has disappeared and will never see the light of day again!" Cora announced, ignoring Amy's remark.

     "I must say, he is quite dreamy," Amy said, thinking about the Laurence boy. "Did you know he's half Italian? Oh! The thought of that makes my heart flutter! He must be so romantic and loving and-"

     "We get it Amy, you have a big crush on him too," Cora interrupted, shushing her sister. "I do not!" Amy defended, "I just think he's dreamy, that's all! And I do think I look too pretty for him!"

      "In your dreams, Amy," Cora said, elbowing her sister's arm. "Look, Beth, she's standing up for him!" Amy exclaimed, speaking to Beth. "First sign of true love-"

     "There is not going to be any true love nonsense here! My crush on the Laurence boy is gone and that's it!" Cora defended getting a bit annoyed at her youngest sister.

     "Boy's are weird anyway," She added on as a second thought. "I would rather stay single all my life and-"

     "Dance until your legs fall off," Beth and Amy say in sync, repeating the same phrase they had heard a million times.

     Cora just laughed and nodded her head, "Do either of you want to get married?"

     "Maybe if I find the right man," Beth shrugged, "But I'd be far more content with spending my time and life with my sisters enjoying music."

     "Well said Beth!" Amy grinned, "I think personally I would want to get married, I mean, if I get married to a rich man I can provide for our family and Beth could get a piano you could get to go to the Paris Opera Ballet thing and I could go to Paris too and learn how to paint!"

     Amy, although sometimes self centred, always cared about her family and will continue too. "And what about you, Cora?" Beth asked softly.

     "I propose we all forget marriage and live our lives to the fullest, just us sisters," Cora stated with a smile.

      Amy looked at Beth, and Beth looked back. "I think that's a great idea," Beth smiled, hugging her sister.

     "Well said Cora! No marriage to men!" Amy cheered, high-fiving her sister.

     "No marriage to men!" They all chorused before falling into a fit of laughter.

     A few hours later, Jo and Meg returned from the party with an unfamiliar gentleman. Amy and Beth rushed down to go greet their sisters and ask how the party was, but Cora decided she was too exhausted to get up out of bed.

     A few minutes later, Cora heard Marmee calling for her, and it sounded urgent. So, despite her desire to continue to lay in her bed, she rushed down the stairs to get to the living room.

     "Cora!" Marmee shouted, "Can you come down quickly!"

     "Coming Marmee!" Cora replied, making sure to not knock anything over on her way downstairs.

     However, she wasn't really paying attention to her surroundings and when she reached the landing of the stairs she bumped into a person and crashed into one of the paintings as a result.

     "Oh, for heaven's sake!"

Authors note!

Due to my new obsession with Little Women I decided to make a book. I wanted to give Cora a fatal flaw but couldn't think of a good one that would fit in so I decided to make hers similar/the same as Jo's. Enjoy!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.6K 31
In a homely house in Massachusetts lived 5 little women. The oldest at 16, Margaret "Meg" March, was a budding actress with dreams of an elegant warm...
257K 4.1K 26
ษขแดกแด‡ษด แดกแด€๊œฑ สœษช๊œฑ ๊œฐแดส€ส™ษชแด…แด…แด‡ษด ๊œฐส€แดœษชแด› แดส€ ษชษด แดแด›สœแด‡ส€ แดกแดส€แด…๊œฑ, สœษช๊œฑ ษขษชส€สŸ๊œฐส€ษชแด‡ษดแด…๊œฑ แดสŸแด…แด‡ส€ ๊œฑษช๊œฑแด›แด‡ส€. แด›ษชแดแดแด›สœร‰แด‡ แด„สœแด€สŸแด€แดแด‡แด› x สŸษชสŸส'๊œฑ แดสŸแด…แด‡ส€ ๊œฑษช๊œฑแด›แด‡ส€ (แด.แด„) แดกแด€ส€ษดษชษดษข!! แด แด‡ส€ส ๊œฑแด‡xแดœแด€สŸ แด„แด...
105K 2.6K 24
'๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘œ ๐™„๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™Ž๐™ฃ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ' 'Well ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ง๐™š ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜๐™–๐™ก ' โ™ก๏ธŽ Theodore Laurence...