Time To Hunt

By Don_Hoodini

In a world where superpowers called "Quirks" pop out around the globe. These quirks cover 80% of the populati... More

Ch. 1- The Beginning - part 1
Chapter 2 - The Beginning - Part II
Chapter 3 - Sharpening The Senses -
Chapter 4 - U.A Trial of the Hunt -
Chapter 5 - Meeting The Pack -
Chapter 6 - A Hobo Tests a Beast -
Chapter 7 - Battle Trial! - Part I
Chapter 8 - Battle Trial! - Part II
Chapter 9 - Battle Trial - Part III
Chapter 10 - The Hunt For A Class Rep! -
Chapter 11 - U.S.J Rumble - Part I
Chapter 12 -U.S.J Rumble- Part II
Chapter 13 -U.S.J Rumble- Part III
[S2] Ch. 14: Back for Blood
[S2] Chapter 15 - Ready, Set, SURGE!
[S2] Chapter: 16 - In Their Own Quirky & Chaotic Ways!
[S2] Chapter:17 - Cavalry Battle!
[S2] Chapter 18 - Fight On!
[S2] Chapter 19 - Only The Strongest Thrive....
[S2] Chapter 20 - And The Fight Continues!
[S2] Chapter 21 - Not Bad, Gravity Gal!
[S2] Chapter 22 - U.A Sports Festival - Mid Fight Masses
Chapter 23 - A Shocking Performance
Chapter 24 - (Y/N) (L/N): The Evolved
Chapter 25 - U.A Sports Festival - Final Match
Chapter 26 - Awards Ceremony
Chapter 28 - An Odd Prey
Chapter 29 - Know Thy Place
Chapter 30 - Stage 2 Evolution
Ch 31 - Stay Sharp For The Final
Ch. 32 - Practical Exam Sneaky Wraith
Ch. 33 - New Usurpers
Ch. 33.5 - A Friendly Match
Ch. 34 - On the Prowl! The Training Camp Begins!
Chapter 35 - Those Who Lurks in The Shadows Fear The Horror Within
Ch. 37 - What A Chaotic Mind You Have!
Chapter 38 - Death Itself
Chapter 39 - The Symbol Of Peace

Chapter 27 - Time To Claim Our Names

422 17 11
By Don_Hoodini

____________________________________________________________________

Two days of school passed by in a flash. It was finally time to get back to work. The day was rainy and moody, the grayish skies give off a strange vibe. As always, Midoriya and (L/N) walked together to school, both equipped with an umbrella to protect themselves from the weather.

"The skies... The atmosphere... It's great." (Y/N) mumbled as he felt the cool breeze on his face. "So how was your two days of rest, Zuzu?"

"I was barely able to sleep at all." Izuku replied truthfully.

"I understand... Iida, right?" (Y/N) said as Izuku nodded.

"How'd you know?" Izuku asked the teen who was steaming his clothes off.

"His brother was all over the news, it's kinda obvious. I was worried too. I hope this doesn't mess with Iida or else it may cost someone's life." (Y/N) replied cooly.

"Yeah. This Hero Killer, is he with the league?" Midoriya questioned himself..

"Those clowns from the USJ attack? Who knows? They were a bunch of pushovers, this guy killed a bunch of pros."

"*Sigh* just thinking about it makes my head hurt. I feel like I'm barely awake."

"Good morning! Midoriya, (L/N)!" A voice behind them suddenly spoke up.

"Hm?"

"Huh?" The two turned around and saw Iida running. However, he was donning a green raincoat.

"Oh, it's you!" Midoriya exclaimed waving his arms around.

"Why on earth are you two walking so slowly? You'll be late!" Iida told them as he speed walked in front of them.

"Now hold on, there's still five minutes tops before the first bell." (Y/N) said as they followed behind Iida.

"U.A students should always arrive ten minutes early don't you think?" Iida said before he dashed off.

"Uh...." Midoriya turned to (Y/N) with a confused look. He just replied with a shrug.

They entered the school, Iida was leaving his rain gear in his locker.

"You should talk with him." (Y/N) suggested, as he fixed himself.

"Wha- me?" Midoriya looks at him shocked.

"Yep you... I'll see you in class." (Y/N) walked off, steam emitting from his uniform.

He arrived to class, everyone was talking about the festival, and how their participation affected them. Most, if not all, were already being recognized. I guess that's U.A for you.

"It's so weird that people recognized us from the T.V." Mina spoke up, "Everyone wanted to talk to me on my way here."

"Yeah, me too!" Kirishima joined.

"Well, they're excited." (Y/N) chuckled as he walked to his desk.

"Yo." He greeted them nonchalantly.

"Heyyy~." Jiro replied flirtatiously, she realized what she's done she corrected herself. "I-i mean, s-sup, (L/N)." She blushed when (Y/N) smiled at her.

"You wouldn't believe what a bunch of school brats yelled at me." Sero frowned.

"Nice try?" (Y/N) said as he sat down.

"ARGHHHH! Not you too!" Sero replied crestfallen.

"Hey, (L/N). How is being a champion suit ya?" Kirishima asked.

"Eh, you know. Nothing changed too much, I was already too awesome before that." (Y/N) replied jokingly.

"Ha! Come on!"

"Laaammmeee!!!"

"Heh, fine they kept trying to make me transform in one of my forms and take a pic." (Y/N) dismissed it.

"But seriously, all it took was one sports festival, and suddenly we're celebrities." Kaminari comments.

"This school really is amazing." Mineta added.

The classroom door opened, everyone sat down.

"Morning..." Aizawa entered.

"Good morning, Mr. Aizawa." The class replied together.

"Mr. Aizawa. You don't have bandages anymore. That's good news. *Ribbit*" Tsu commented

"The old lady went a little bit overboard in her treatment. But anyway, we have a big class today, our Hero Informatics." Aizawa put something in the board.

The class seemed tense. Aizawa continued.

"You'll need codenames. Time to pick your hero identities." Aizawa finished.

"This is gonna be awesome!" The class perked up. Aizawa glared menacingly... And place a finger to his mouth for more effect. "Shhhh~" they quickly quiet down.

"This will be related to the pro hero draft picks that I mentioned the last time we were in class together. Normally, students don't have to worry about draft picks yet, not until they're second or third year actually. But your class is different. In fact by extending offers to first years like you, pros are essentially investing in your potential. Any offers can be rescinded if their interest dies down before graduation though." Aizawa informed everyone.

"Stupid selfish adults." Mineta was upset, punching the table in frustration.

"So what you're saying is that we still have to prove ourselves after we get recruited?" Hagakure wondered.

"Correct. Now, here are the totals for those of you who've got offers."

Shoto Todoroki - 4552
(Y/N) (L/N) - 4207
Katsuki Bakugo - 3553
Fumikage Tokoyami - 360
Tenya Iida - 301
Momo Yaoyorozu - 108
Ejiro Kirishima - 69
Ochako Uraraka - 20
Hanta Sero - 14

"In the past years we've been more spread out, but there's one pretty big gap this time." Aizawa said after finishing displaying the charts.

"Gah! That's not fair." Kaminari groaned, leaning back on his chair.

"What about the real star? Moi?"

"You're not even close to a superstar." (Y/N) mumbled under his breath.

"Huh, Todoroki got more than (L/N)?" Jiro was surprised.

"Yeah, that's the opposite of how they placed in the festival." Kirishima pointed out.

"They probably don't know how to synergies with someone who can yield both lightning and flames with such precision." Sero pointed out.

(Y/N) just sighed and looked up.

"I mean. Not bad, I guess. But you would think there'd be more interest in everyone." (Y/N) thought.

"But despite the results, you all be interning with pros. Got it? Even those of you who didn't get any offers." Aizawa assured them.

"Oh, so we're all interning?" Midoriya asked.

"Yes, you already got to experience combat with real villains during the attack at USJ facility. But it's still be helpful to see pros at work. Up close and personal, in the field, at first hand."

"And for that we need hero names." Sato spoke up.

"Things are certainly getting a lot more fun." Uraraka was hyped.

"These hero names will likely be temporary, but take them seriously, or..."

"You'll have hell to pay later!" Midnight entered the class. All the boys approved her presence. "What you pick today could only be your codename for life. You better be careful, or you'll end up with something utterly indecent." Midnight added as she stood in the middle.

"Hmmm, makes sense. You just know some poor sap out there that named himselfc 'Biodigest', and now he regrets everytime someone utters his name." (Y/N) thought to himself.

"Midnight is going to be the final approval over your names. It's just not my forte." Aizawa added before grabbing his famous sleeping bag and curled up inside it

"I wonder why..."

"The name you give yourself is important. It helps to reinforce your image and shows what kind of hero you want to be in the future. A codename tells people exactly what you represent. Take All Might for example."

The class was then handed what I can only describe as some type of board to write their codenames. (Y/N) got his and passed the last to Sato. He stared at the whiteboard, thinking his name already. Midnight gave them a few minutes to think.

"Hmm, this is serious. Gotta think hard... Pfft who am I kidding? There's basically a single name to choose from, this is no brainer." He wrote it down.

_______________Flashback______________________________________________

"I want to become a hero like All Might. The thing is..." Young (Y/N) looked at his hands, smoke was already emitting from it. "I can't be the kind of hero he is with this quirk. I don't even have a name..."

"Then you just need a cool hero name and become more than what All Might is!" Midoriya exclaimed cheerfully.

"A cool hero name?"

"Something that represents who you are!" Young Midoriya had a heroic pose.

"But... What kind of name would it be?"

"Hmmm... What do you want, (L/N)? Like... What emotion you want your hero name to carry."

"Hmmmm... I want to carry a name that brings hope for those with weaker quirks and quirkless... I want to carry my quirk in my name, as a way of assuring people that no matter what their quirk is, they can be a hero and I will fight for justice as long as I stand! And besides my quirk is still in its base form.... I think it's growing."

Midoriya gleamed...

"Then what about.... hmmm I dunno yet! But your name must have something that relates to evolution!"

"Evolution huh?"

It was the first time he heard that word. Later that day, (L/N) would look more into it.... He fell in love with the whole concept. A whole tree in evolution he found, who would've thought his quirk would be so cool and even more powerful than the angry Pomeranian's quirk? His eyes gleamed as he saw the incredible ways he can adapt and evolve into, he tried to evolve time and time again but he always adapted to everything life has thrown at him and that leads him to evolution.

Now his once hated quirk has become the foundation for something greater than All Might or much worse.

____________________________________________________________________

"Yeah... Yeah, it has to be this." He wrote it down.

"Now students, who among you is ready to share?" Midnight questioned.

"Oh? We're presenting this?"

The class was visibly nervous, except for a couple of students. Aoyama stood up and proudly walked to the front of the class. They murmured as he walked.

"Hold your breath..." Aoyama held his white board above his head. "My name is 'I cannot stop twinkling! Mon Ami, you can't deny my sparkle!"

"BRUH GOD DAMN THATS A WHOLE ASS PHRASE... WHAT?"

Visible confusion is present with the class.

"It'll be better this way..." Midnight began making alterations. "Take out the 'I' and shorten the 'cannot' to 'can't'."

"It's stunning. Mademoiselle." Aoyama replied.

"She likes it?" The class thought simultaneously.

"Your hero name is a phrase?" Kirishima questioned the decision.

"Also, you're not actually french are you? That's just a facade!" (Y/N) added.

"Okie dokie, let me go next!" Ashido happily hopped to the podium. "My codename, Alien Queen!"

"Hold on! Like that horrible alien with the acidic blood? I don't think so!" Midnight voiced her disapproval.

"That one wasn't ok? Since the first two were so weird, I feel like I have to come up with something clever now!" The Class is now a hive mind.

"I think I've got one. Is it ok if I go next? *Ribbit*"

"Come on up!"

"I've had this in my mind since grade school. Rainy Season Hero: Froppy! *Ribbit*"

"That's delightful! Makes you sound approachable, what a great example of a name everyone will love." Midnight approved.

"Froppy! Froppy! Froppy! Froppy!" The hive mind class chanted. They look a lot more comfortable.

"I've got mine too!" Kirishima jumped in. "The Sturdy Hero, My name is Red Riot!"

"The Red Riot? Interesting... You're paying homage to the chivalrous hero: Crimson Riot, yes?" Midnight got the reference.

"That's right! He may be kind of old school, but someday I wanna be just like he was, crimson is my idol!"

"Hmmm, if you're bearing the name of someone you admire, you've that much more to live up to."

"I accept the challenge."

Kirishima returned to his desk.

"Yo! That was great, man!" (Y/N) complimented.

"Thanks!" They did a fist bump.

Jiro was up next.

"The Hearing Hero, I'm Earphone Jack!"
"Now that's a good one!" Midnight approved, as did (Y/N), he gave her a smile and a thumbs up.

Shoji was the next one to take the stand after.

"The Tentacle Hero: Tentacole."

"Oh, I like what you're doing with that. A nice portamento." Midnight approved.

Sero jumped in next.
"The Taping Hero: Cellophane!"
"That's on the nose! Good work!" Midnight approved.

Ojiro stepped up.
"Martial Arts Hero: Tailman!"
"No surprise with that one I guess!" Midnight approved.

Next up, Sato.
"The Sweets Hero: Sugarman!"
"Perfecto!" Midnight approved.

"Pinky!" Ashido returned.
"Make those looks worth for you girl!" Now Midnight approved her.

Kaminari walked up.
"Stun Gun Hero: Chargebolt! Electric, don't ya think?"
"Makes me all tingly!" Midnight approved.

Hagakure is next.
"The Stealth Hero: Invisible Girl!"
"I did not see that coming!" (Y/N) joked but he can see her outline for some reason.
"It really suits you!" Midnight approved, "Now, come on! Who's gonna step up next?"

A light thud was heard and Yaoyorozu stood up and walked to the podium.
"I hope that I can live up to this name. The Everything Hero: Creati."
"Creative." Midnight approved.

Todoroki followed.
"Shoto..."
"Just your name, is that it?" Midnight was confused.
"Uh huh..."

Tokoyami stepped up next.
"Jet-Black Hero: Tsukuyomi."
"Ahh~ God of the Night!" Midnight approved.

Mineta stepped up after.
"I'm the Fresh Picked Hero: Grape Juice!"
"Very Catchy!"

It was finally time, everyone felt a chill rolling down their backs. It woke up, the sleeping Aizawa in the corner. They all looked at the cause of the sudden chill. They saw (Y/N) slowly standing up.

"Well, now..." (Y/N) walked up to the front, as he passed his classmates they saw two silhouettes following behind him. He stopped at the podium the two silhouettes by his side.

"You all must remember.... I'm the Evolving Kaiju Hero...." He then smiled at everyone, "XENO'TERAS!!" As he revealed his codename the silhouettes fully manifested, it was his transformation staring at the class and just standing there menacingly!

The class noticed something on him, a shroud covering his face.

"It's... It's perfect." Midnight spoke up, once she said that everything dispersed the warmth came back and the shroud covering (Y/N)'s face disappeared.

"What was that?" The class questioned.

Midoriya was both excited and scared at his childhood bestfriend. He noticed (Y/N) was worriedly staring at him. Midoriya shook his head, smiled and gave a thumbs up at him.

Not only Midoriya approved, so did Jiro.

"Xeno'teras huh?... I like it." She thought to herself, she noticed him now staring at her a hint of worry in his eyes. She smiled and waved at him. He relaxed and smiled at the group.

The Pomeranian glared, of course (Y/N) had to show off and that ticked him off.

After that, Bakugo stepped up.

"King Explosion Murder..." Sero and (Y/N) looked at each other, barely containing their laugh.

"I'm gonna say that one is a little... Too violent." Midnight voiced her disapproval.

"Why don't you be 'Explosion Boy'?" Kirishima suggested. The boys bursted out laughing.

"No, no, no! I got one! How about, Short Fuze?" Sero laughed.

"No, no! Even better, Na-Palm!" (Y/N), "Or, or... Dyna-Might!"

"Grrrr! Why don't we go outside and I'll show you why murder should be on my name!" Bakugo barked at him.

"Oh for sure! C'mon I'll also show you why I called myself the Evolving Beast!" (Y/N) retorted excitedly, as he exhaled smoke.

"Calm down you two." Midnight told them, who backed off and relaxed.

Uraraka was the next one.

"Here's the name that I thought of, Uravity!"
"I just love that!" Midnight approved, and the class did too.

"To be honest, choosing names is going faster than I thought it would. All we have left is young Bakugo, who need to rethink his, and Iida. Oh yes, and Midoriya too."

"Hey, Iida." (Y/N) noticed that Iida seemed nervous. "You alright? Need some help?"

"Uh, oh! Ah, no, I was just... Distracted, thinking. That's all." Iida started writing. After he was done, he walked up front. And displayed his hero name.

"You're using your real name too?"

"Well, Midoriya. Are you ready?"

"Oh, yes." Midoriya stepped up, he had a determined look. He revealed his name and (Y/N) let out a soft chuckle. Not a mocking one, more like a 'well if you insist.'

"Really Midoriya?" Mineta questioned.

"You sure about that?" Kaminari was equally confused.

"Yeah man. Remember, that can be your real name forever." Kaminari warned.

"It's alright.. he's sure." (Y/N) nodded to Zuzu, he replied with a smile.

"Right I used to hate it, but then something changed I guess... I guess someone taught me that it could have a different meaning, and that made a huge impact in how felt. So now I really like it. Deku, that has to be my codename." Midoriya explained.

"Well... I approved." Midnight smile at him. Midoriya walked back.

"LORD EXPLOSION MURDER!" Bakugo jumped up.

"That's basically the same thing..."

____________________________________________________________________

"Now that everyone's decided on their hero names, we can get back to talk about your upcoming internships." Aizawa returned.

"They'll last for one week. As for who you'll be interning with, those of you who were on the board will choose from among your offers, everyone else will have a different list. You have a lot to think about, there are around 48 agencies from across the country who've agreed to take interns from your class. Each agency has a specialty that it's heroes focus on, keep that in mind."

"Imagine that you were thirteen, you'd want to choose a place that focus on rescue people, not fighting villains." Midnight gave an example.

"Think carefully before you decide."

"Yes, sir!"

The bell rang, signalling the end of the period.

"Turn your choices before weekends."

"We've only got two days?"

"Yes, so you should start now. You're dismissed."

"I wanna fight with bad guys in a big city." Kirishima spoke up.

"That's the idea, my red haired brother." (Y/N) took a good look at his offers. Some were pretty spicy. "Gotta think this through, you got someone already?"

"Well, I think I'll go with Fourth Kinds Agency."

"Fourth Kind? Solid choice."

"What about you?"

"I need someone that I can learn superspeed from as y'all know I'm all power and a little speed.... There's a lot of them but I just can't decide." (Y/N) replied truthfully.

"I'll follow the number one's counseling, and work on my close quarters combat, to fight different kinds of villains." Tokoyami commented, "We have to make the best of this opportunity."

"The best huh?"

"Uraraka seems pumped up."

"With reasons, this will be one helluva week. Can't wait to see what I gain after this." (Y/N) said, "To gain superspeed, I need a speedy prey... Alright it has to be him."

[HAWKS HERO AGENCY]

"Let's see if I can catch him." (Y/N) smirked, he enjoys a good chase.

____________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427 37 19
You just entered your first year at the most prestigious upcoming Pro-Hero school in all of Japan. Somewhere you've dreamed of attending as a child...
16.4K 613 23
I grew up wanting to be a hero... A hero that could save everyone. A hero, smiling to reassure others, like All-Might! The greatest hero! This world...
10.9K 284 23
Heroes. It's an old fashioned notion. Symbols to look up to as a sign of peace and hope. This a world that is filled people that are born with superp...
206K 5.9K 28
FIRST WATTPAD. Izuku Midoriya lives in a society where quirks (powers) exist, 80% of the population has quirks! 20% though... doesn't have a quirk. T...