Messing with the Middle

By _KingWolfie_

Sasuke is back and boy does he have a long list of issues that need to be solved. Itachi needs to be saved, M... More

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
First things First
To Itachi
Dealing With Isobu
Improvement
The Jinchuriki's
Jinchuriki Hunting
Happy accident
Hunting the Team
Meeting the Traitor
Preparing
The battle
Long awaited meeting
Off to Suna
The Sweet Lie
Lapse of Anger
Close Call
One Promise Kept
One step closer
A cry for help
Battle of Konoha
Merry Christmas
What could've been?
The Calm
The Peace
The Storm
Wins, Ties and Loss
Hell hath no Fury
Team 7 Reunited
All wars end
A Day

The bitter truth

2.2K 146 158
By _KingWolfie_

Sakura walked between the group with a blank look on her face. Many dark thoughts ran through her head as she planned the many ways she can kill Hinata. It's not like it would be easy, but it's far from impossible.

She's not stupid, insane maybe, but never stupid. She knew doing this would confirm Sasuke's hatred for her. She knew that she could never show her face to him if she went through with this.

Sadly?

She was insane. If she couldn't have Sasuke, why should Hinata? It didn't make sense. She's the one who knew what Sasuke was really like. Who cares if she didn't know his favourite colour? Who cares if she doesn't know his favourite food? Who cares about what he likes and hates?

She, had, his, child.

Sasuke was hers! Hers Dammit. She'll be dammed if she let Hinata steal him from her. Sakura worked too damn hard for them to get together in the first place. So her goal was simple, violent and animalistic.

If she couldn't have Sasuke, no one could.

Now obviously, she can't kill Sasuke, not because she loves him too much or anything along those lines. No, She is aware there is no time along the timeliness where Sakura has enough power, and Sasuke is weak enough that she could kill him.

Again, insane not Stupid.

She knew that she would never get a chance to kill him. His crush however... now that tells a different tale. It was a simple concept.

If Sasuke wouldn't choose Sakura, then anyone one he would choose, ends up dead. The purpose of this? The result? The reason?

Simple. To make Sasuke miserable. Well as miserable as she was in those years she chased after him. Those years where she gave him her heart and watched as he tore it up over and over. All to watch him love Hinata? To love someone other than her?

No. She won't allow it. Inner won't allow it.

"Ugly, I have a question?" Sai's voice cut off her thoughts.

Sakura blinked and looked around for a moment before realising that he was addressing her. Her eyes grew a dangerous gleam, before she hid it with a strained smile.

Fake it till you make it.

"Um.. Sai right? Heh, my name is Sakura..." She replied.

"I'm aware. However, I've Learned through Dickless and Moon that being honest can make me a better person. Thus you are ugly." He replied with his usual blank smile.

Naruto flinched in his spot at the front, and reached back to grab Sakura's fist before it hit Sai. Hinata and Yamato watched the three with a sigh.

"Sakura calm down!"

"I'll show you ugly!"

Sai just smiled at the chaos. When they had finally calmed down, Sakura glared at Sai.

"What did you want to ask?" She asked.

"Oh right. Sasuke has mastered the Flying Raijin correct?" Sai asked.

"Yeah, why?" Sakura asked once more.

"If Sasuke truly did attack you, wouldn't he have marked you? And if so, then wh-"

"Why did he let you escape...." Hinata finished. The group looked over to her and watched as she looked from the sky to Sakura with an interesting look on her face.

"If, Sasuke marked you, and wanted you dead... how did you escape him?" Hinata continued. Her eyes narrowed at the pinkette.

"Oi, Hinata, maybe Sasuke forgot?" Naruto stepped in with a sweatdrop. He didn't want to belive that Sakura had done something wrong. Then again, Sasuke wasn't the type to go after someone for no reason.

So the real question is.... What did Sakura do? Naruto looked at Sakura with an unreadable expression. There was a period of time when she was announced MIA after they chased Sasuke.

If it was Orochimaru, then surely someone else from Konoha would have spotted her a while ago. There were always reports of Orochimaru and a cloaked figure, was that Sakura?

But the reports said they were willing,  there was never an ounce of hesitation... how... odd...

"I don't think he f-forgot... but maybe he had something e-else on his mind..." Hinata replied.

Sakura looked around at the team. They were getting too close to the answer for her liking. She may have to move faster than she thought. She was looking for the opportune moment to strike, but she may just have to rush her plans.

How annoying.

"Oi, we need to keep moving" Yamato said.

And so The team was off once more, only now they had their Suspicions. It was a quiet walk before Sai walked next to Sakura.

"Get in my way ugly... and I'll kill you" Sai then gave his usual smile and went to catch up with Hinata and Naruto.

Sakura blinked at the threat before giving an airy laugh. As if he could, no it was he who needed to stay out of her way.

Don't worry Sai, stay to the side and they'll both get what they want.

****
****

Sasuke and Haku walked through Orochimaru's base. It looked exactly like all the others. Plain, with a million turns.

They were simply walking with no real caution or destination. They weren't scared, they were too strong to be. Haku had Isobu with him, and the tailed beast had already become family.

Sasuke had already set up his inferno Seal. It was the set of seals that allowed him to light the previous bases on fire in a massive explosion. He was hoping to catch Orochimaru in it, but with how quick that snake was, he seriously doubted it.

Haku took a glance at Sasuke, there was a dark gleam in his eyes. He was ready to kill. Someone was going to suffer.

Whether it was Sakura or Orochimaru had yet to be seen.

"This place feels empty," Haku muttered. The only noise they could hear was the off noise from the wind.

"Hn... too empty..." Sasuke agreed. He narrowed his eyes at the endless twists and turns. They had almost no problem getting into the base. Even now, nothing. It was almost...

"...too easy," Haku muttered, he had unconsciously finished Sasuke's thoughts. "This situation feels too easy,"

They continued walking with caution. If they both thought it was too easy, then it was.

BOOOOM!

Sasuke and Haku looked at eachother before sprinting off to the explosion. It took seconds before they found themselves at a massive opening.

In the middle stood Naruto, Sai and Yamato. Standing at the top of the opening was Sakura and Hinata, both ready to fight.

<<<<

Sai went with Orochimaru.

His mission was simple. He was just here to learn everything he could about Orochimaru, his plans and anything else on the snake. It was his redemption mission since Danzo is no more and he needs to earn his trust with Tsunade.

They had acted as Sasori and met the snake on the bridge. Things turned hectic when he annoyed Naruto and used the distraction to escape. Sai went with him.

Team 7 and Sakura were now strolling through Orochimaru's base. Naruto being the idiot he is, accidentally set off a trap that separated the small group.

The two girls, and the two boys...

Sakura looked at Hinata's back with a dark smirk. This was perfect, absolutely perfect. This was it, the moment to strike.

Pulling back her fist to hit Hinata from behined, she had failed to notice that the second they had separated, Hinata had activated her Byakugan.

Hinata ducked under the sudden attack. She grabbed the arm above her and immediately shut off any Chakra running through it. She spun to close all her Chakra points, but a Kunai with some black substance dripping off it flew two close to comfort.

Swinging her own fist, their fists collided, creating a small wind barrier between the two. It was powerful enough to sound like a bomb went off.

BOOOOM!

The explosion opened up a hole in the cave, with Hinata and Sakura at the top. Naruto, Yamato and Sai ran to the explosion. Sasuke and Haku not too far behind them.

"Alright... I'll admit. I'm impressed," Sakura said. She had a dark grin on her face, she looked crazy as her eyes shook while staring at Hinata.

"T-that would be good if I w-was trying to impress you." Hinata replied. She glared at the pinkette.

"Yes I'm aware... don't worry, the plan has been ruined now..." Sakura said as she stood straight.

Hinata refused to leave her Kata. If Sakura tried anything, she would attack. Not that she wanted to.

"S-sakura?" Naruto hesitated.

Before Sakura even had a chance to reply a Kunai was thrown at her. She dodged it, but wasn't quick enough to dodge the attack of Sasuke. He spun and kicked her into the wall so hard she dented it.

Sasuke glared at her, his spinning red eyes, we're angry, very much so.

"Sakura Haruno." He said. The chirping noise of the Chidori filled the air. "Die,"

Before he got close, he clashed with Naruto's Rasengan. The attack created a small shockwave which knocked everyone back.

"Hold on! This isn't right believe it!" Naruto yelled.

"Move Dobe! You're really screwing this up right now!" Sasuke replied.

An ice Senbon flew in and almost hit Sakura had Yamato not protected her.

"I understand you're to incompetent to realise this. But she is not your ally," Haku's voice rung as he walked into view.

"Huh?" Naruto muttered.

"Catch up Dickless. She was acting," Sai pointed out.

Boom!

Sakura had hit Naruto in the back. He was sent across the room and flying into the wall. She charged to hit him again, but Sasuke interfered.

Ducking under her swing, he swung a right hook, Sakura leaned back and spun to kick him. Sasuke lifted his right arm and blocked it, before grabbing her shirt with his left. Yanking her close he headbutted her knocking her on her ass.

Pulling out his sword he swung it straight down to hit her, but Sakura slammed her fist into the ground, causing it to crack and open up into more caves.

Sasuke fell through, but Naruto slid on the ground and caught him before he could get too far.

Hinata, sent a fireball towards Sakura, who jumped back to dodge, only slam her back into an ice mirror. Turning around she punched and broke it, but Hinata was right behind her.

The two exchanged attacks, with their fight creating a wind barrier that kept the others out. Sai was off by Naruto helping him pull Sasuke up, and Yamato was with Haku trying to get to the girls.

Dodging a punch, Hinata, spun and slammed her palm into Sakura's chest, sending her flying and knocking the wind out of her. Sakura jumped up and pulled out a knuckle duster that was coated in poison.

Hinata lowered her stance. "Why are you doing this?" She asked. She was preparing to use her 64 Palms.

"To kill you," Sakura replied.

Just as she finished, Sasuke suddenly appeared behind her, and aimed to slash her with his sword. Sakura's eyes widened and spun to face him right as he swung. His sword slammed her across the chest, causing her to cry out in pain.

Before he could stab her again, she was pulled away from the danger by Orochimaru, who was looking weak. He was now above them all with Sakura by his side. He gave them all a dark smirk.

"If you're quite finished. I had hoped you would stop destroying my bases Sasuke," Orochimaru said.

"Hn, when your dead," Sasuke replied. Teleporting to Sakura, Sasuke appeared behind Orochimaru with his Chidori powered. Naruto had jumped and readied his Rasengan to attack from the front.

Dissapearing in a burst of snakes, Sasuke and Naruto clashed once more, creating a huge gust of wind that made everyone cover their eyes from the dirt it blew up.

When they opened their eyes...

.

.

Sakura and Orochimaru were gone.

______________________________________

I was in the mood, so now you guys have a new Chapter.

Hope you enjoyed, I've wanted to write this scene for a while now.

Ja ne!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 5.4K 54
After Naruto dies while defending the village from the newfound enemies, he travels back to the time when he in the academy but he isn't the only one...
182K 8.3K 34
It's been two years since the Danzo incident. Two whole years since the members of Team 7 have had any interaction with one another. But when an emer...
1.2M 31.5K 83
Two and a half years have passed since Team 7 was torn apart. Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and Mariah have all studied under masters. What will happen whe...
21.5K 599 20
Kabuto foresaw the Izanami. He knew this would happen. But he did not like to lose. That is why, he had a backup. A plan to destroy everything. Now...