The Alpha's Little Runner

By ComposedMayhem

Madelyn Rivera was kidnapped by rogues when she was only 15 years old. Her pack was attacked and everyone was... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Authors Note
Chapter 11
Author Note's
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Author's Note
Chapter 32
Authors Note
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW STORY!
NEW STORY NOW UP!!!!

Chapter 33

18.1K 452 56
By ComposedMayhem

Marcus POV

I was still on the phone when I heard Maddy cry out in pain. "Bryan! What's happening?" I shouted through the phone. Everett made his way to my side quickly as he realized how serious it was. I couldn't make anything out. I stayed on the phone as I spoke to Everett, "Get someone on the phone and find out what is happening now!"

I was panicked because I wasn't there. I had to come to this meeting with other Alphas to discuss land and a bunch of bs. I wanted to stay with Maddy and the baby, but she convinced me to come and that she would be fine. "Marcus, Clover said they think Maddy is in labor." Everett came over after a few minutes. I quickly hung up the phone and made my way back into the meeting room, "Tell Clover we are on the way and that we will be there soon."

Everett nodded before going back to the phone. "I apologize for this, but I must be leaving now. My mate is in labor, and I must leave immediately." I announced to the room. All the Alpha's understood the circumstance and nodded their heads. "We will email over everything for you to look over when you are able to," Alpha Max said as I was heading toward the door. I nodded a thanks before taking off down the stairs.

Everett was already at the door waiting for me. He handed me the phone, "It's Dr. Lacy."

I took the phone quickly and started to run out the door. "Hello."

"Alpha, the Luna is doing fine right now. She still has some time before she will need to push. I would say you have about an hour and half to get here before it's go time." Dr. Lacy spoke fast but clear. I understood I need to hurry. "Thank you, Dr. Lacy. Please tell Maddy I am on my way." With that I hung up and tossed Everett his phone back.

"Let's go." I called to Everett before shifting and taking off into the woods.

I am coming Maddy. Just hold on.

***

I wasn't sure how much time had passed when I came running. I had made it to the tree line by the clinic where Bryan was waiting with clothes for Everett and I. "How is she? She hasn't had the baby yet has she?" I was so worried I missed it all.

"She is doing alright just in pain and very mad at you so be prepared for that. And no, she hasn't had the baby yet. You go here with about 20 minutes before she is supposed to be ready." Bryan said while we walked inside. Everyone bowed their heads as we walked past them.

I was breathing heavy, but I think it was from my nerves. Bryan took us down the hall before stopping outside of a room. I pushed the door open and found Clover hold Maddy's hand as laid in the bed. I rushed over and took Clover's spot. "Where have you been?! Never mind you're here now and that's what matter." Maddy grabbed my hand and squeezed it as she breathed through the pain.

"I am so sorry. I ran as fast as I could. I will make it up to you I promise." I reached forward and kiss her forehead. I looked over and Bryan and my sister. "Thank you for helping her."

"Of course! She did the same for me when I needed her. We will be waiting outside. I am sure mom and dad are worried sick as much as everyone else." Clover came and gave me and Maddy quick hugs before leaving the room.

She did have a point. You could tell the pack was bussing knowing their Luna was going to be giving birth to the heir of the pack.

"How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" I wasn't sure what I should be doing. I just hated seeing her in pain.

"I am alright just ready to have this baby. You know I was worried you weren't going to make it. I was willing to hold on until the very last second waiting for you. I am just glad you made it." Maddy had tears in her eyes as she spoke. It broke my heart that I caused her pain and worry.

"I am glad I made it too. I would have beat myself up if I missed this." I gave her a gentle squeeze as Dr. Lacy came into the room.

"Hello Alpha. No one notified me of your arrival, or I would have been in here sooner to get you caught up with everything." Dr. lacy seemed ready to deliver the baby. She was just waiting on Maddy's body to be ready.

"That's alright. I am here now and won't be leaving anytime soon." I said never taking my eyes off Maddy.

"Well, we should be getting closer to having this baby. I am just going to check to see how far dilated you are Maddy," Dr. Lacy said while getting what she needed. Maddy only nodded as she tried to relax.

"It seems you are 9 ½ centimeters, so it won't be too much longer. I am going to go and get the nurses and everything and will be back shortly. If you feel like you need to push, then just push this button." Dr. Lacy pointed to a button on the bed before exiting the room.

"I can't believe we are about to have baby," Maddy looked over to me. I smiled and ran my hand over her hair.

"I can't believe it either. I know you can do this. You will be absolutely amazing as a mother. You have made my life a hundred times better since you have entered it. And I can't wait to see you continue to grow with me as we take this new step at being parents," I reached over and gave her a quick kiss before wiping a stray tear from her eye.

"I love you, Maddy."

"I love you too."

Dr. Lacy entered the room a few short minutes later. "Alright, let's have this baby."

****

"Come on, baby, you can do it," I tried to help Maddy as much as I could. I felt awful that I couldn't take her pain away. "Aaaahhhh. That's easy for you to say. You aren't having to push a baby out of you." I hide my pain as she squeezed my hand tighter. I just nodded and wiped the hair from her forehead.

"You're doing great Luna. A few more pushes the baby should be out." Dr. Lacy coached Maddy along great. I was proud to have her as the pack doctor.

"I don't know if I can do it." Maddy was getting tired after all the pushing. "The baby is almost out. Come on Luna, just one more real good push."

Maddy breathed in and pushed down, "Aaaahhhhh!"

We heard a cry shortly after, "Congratulations! You did great." Dr. Lacy said while wrapping the baby in a blanket.

"Is it a boy or girl." Maddy didn't seem to care about any pain she might have been in. She was focused on the baby. "I thought you two would like to have the first look." Dr. Lacy handed the baby over the Maddy.

She looked up at me with tears running down her face. I smiled and kissed her forehead. I wiped over my own eyes to prevent the tears from falling. "Hey little one. Let's see what you are." Maddy uncovered the baby. "Looks like we have a little boy, my love."

I don't know if my smile could get any bigger. "I am so proud of you! You did amazing."

Maddy smiled down at our baby boy with so much love. "What do you think we should name him?" We hadn't really talked about names before.

I looked down at our new son. He had cute pink cheeks with light brown hair. He didn't have much, but it was still there. I reached my hand out to hold his. He wrapped his hand around my finger and held on. I knew he would make a great Alpha one day. "How about Zander?"

Maddy seemed to think about it, "What about William Zander and he could go by his middle name?" I smiled realizing that was her father's name. "That sounds wonderful. William Zander Blackwell welcome to the world little man." I smiled as little Zander yawned.

"Do you want to hold him?" I nodded as Maddy handed him to me. I would have been scared to hold him but after getting practice in with Luka it wasn't so bad.

"Hey little man. I know you will do great things as you grow up. You will love and be loved by this pack and your parents. You mean so much to us. We love you so much already." I looked over to see Maddy staring at us.

I looked back down to Zander as he started to stir. I handed him back over to Maddy. She rocked him for a few minutes before he fell back to sleep. "There are some people who want to come and check on you and meet our son."

I could feel the presences of our family and friends trying to link with me. I have blocked them out this whole time. "I figured they were driving you nuts. I can feel the excitement from the pack." Maddy got more comfortable and feed Zander before we let anyone in.

Bryan, Clover, and my parents came in first. "I am so proud of you. It seems like you did wonderful." Bryan was hugging Maddy softly. Next Clover and then my parents gave her hug and congrats.

"So do we have a little boy or girl." My mother asked. I knew she was excited to know. "We would like you all to meet William Zander Blackwell." Maddy said with so much love in her voice. "It's a boy!" Everyone was so excited. Bryan had tears in his eyes when he realized we had used their father's name.

Maddy passed Zander over to my mother who was just smitten with him. She always talked about having grandchildren one day. "He is just absolutely perfect." My mom then passed him over to my dad.

Eventually, Everett and Millie came by to meet Zander. Those two were doing so much better from where they started. I was happy for both of them. I remember when Maddy and I were like that. Sam and Polly came a little while later.

I could tell that Maddy was starting to get overwhelmed with everyone in the room. I knew she wouldn't say anything to anyone, so I knew I had to.

"As much as I would love you all to stick around, Maddy and little man need their rest." Everyone said their goodbyes before leaving the room. "Thank you for that. I was getting tired and hungry."

"I'll get us some food and then you can get some rest. I will be back in a few minutes. If you need me just let me know." I went out the door in a hurry. I didn't want to stay away from Maddy and Zander for long.

Madelyn's POV

I sat in the bed looking down at Zander. I was happy to have a few minutes alone with him. He looked just like Marcus but with lighter hair. "I know you are going to be just like your dad in more ways than just looks. You will be strong and brave. You will protect everyone just like he does. When you find your mate, you will love and protect her just like he does for me." Zander cooed at me as I continued to talk to him.

I sat there for a while just telling about all the things we will do when he gets older and what his pack lands look like. I knew it was pointless to tell him because he wouldn't remember, but I still did it anyway.

I hadn't realized that Marcus had come back with food until he cleared his throat to get my attention. "You two seemed to be enjoying your conversation," Marcus came and sat beside me. I laughed as I adjusted myself to sit up better.

"I was just telling our son about his land and what it looks like. I thought he might enjoy it." I said while reaching over to grab a chip. Marcus had brought chips and sandwiches for us to eat. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until I smiled the sandwich.

"I can hold him while you eat." Marcus was already reaching over to pick Zander up. I smiled and handed him over before grabbing my plate. He took Zander over to the window and rocked him. "This is what your mother was telling you about. This is our home and you will get to soon run around and play with all the other kids and explore the land for yourself."

It warmed my heart to see Marcus take so quickly to being a dad. I knew he was nervous, but he never talked about it. There was a knock on the door before Dr. Lacy walked into the room.

"I came by to check on you two and see how everything was. Oh, I am glad to see you are eating. I was about to come and see if I needed to bring you anything." She smiled when she looked over and saw Marcus holding Zander.

"I also see he is doing wonderful. I do need to grab him from you to get all his measurements if you don't mind." I growled lightly before I could stop myself. Willow had been happy dancing around until she asked if she could take the baby. Dr. Lacy bowed her head slightly to show she meant no harm.

"She can't have him! He is our baby not hers." Willow barked at me loudly.

"Dr. Lacy isn't trying to take our baby. She just needs to get his measurements to make sure he is healthy." I tried to reason with Willow, but she wasn't having it.

"She can do it in this room, or we are going wherever she is taking him." Willow calmed down some, but she was still on edge.

I looked over to Dr. Lacy, "I apologize Willow did not like the idea of you taking Zander out of the room Could you take his measurements in here or we come with you?"

She seemed to understand, "Of course Luna, I will go get what I need and be back in a few moments."

After she left the room, Marcus came and put Zander, "Are you alright?" I nodded my head and held Zander close to try and calm Willow down. Marcus sat down beside me and rubbed my back which seemed to help.

After a few minutes, Dr. Lacy came back into the room with a cart. "Alright we are just going to get his weight and take some measurements. I will also need his full name for his birth certificate."

It took a few minutes to get everything done, and I had Marcus hover over her. Dr. Lacy left after she finished everything. She said that I we were good to go home, but that I need to rest and stay off my feet as much as possible.

I just finished getting myself dressed after getting Zander changed. "Come on my love. Lets go home."

****

*2 weeks later*

"Madelyn I don't know why he won't stop crying," Marcus said while walking into the bathroom. I had just gotten out the shower because I heard Zander crying. I finally had a few minutes to myself to get ready for tonight. We are planning to introduce the pack to Zander. "Have you tried to change and feed?"

"Yes, and neither of those worked." Marcus has been able to adapt to fatherhood quickly. He still gets flustered when he doesn't know what to do for Zander. "Give me just a moment." Marcus took Zander back into our room while I quickly finished getting ready.

I left the bathroom to find Marcus rocking Zander. "Come here sweet boy." I reached over and got Zander. I rocked him slowly and hummed which quickly quieted him down. "You never cease to amaze me." Marcus came and gave me a quick kiss before going and getting ready himself.

I went and picked clothes out for Zander and changed him. After a few minutes, we were all ready to go. We were having a dinner with the pack, and you could feel the excitement through the pack link. They have all been anxious to get a look at him but have kept their distance.

We made our way down to the dinning hall. "Are you sure you feel up to it? I don't want to stress either one of you out." Marcus stopped us right outside the room. I smiled, "We will be fine. I know the pack has been wanting to see him. If either one of us get overwhelmed, then we can leave." He nodded before opening the door for us.

The room fell silent as we made our way to the front of the room. All eyes were on us. I quickly sat down while Marcus stayed standing. The pack was waiting for us to start dinner. "I know you all have been waiting patiently to meet our son, your future Alpha. We appreciate you all for giving your Luna and the baby space as they rest. We are having this dinner tonight to celebrate our news arrival." I stood as Marcus motioned for me. "Your Luna and I would like to introduce you all to Williams Zander Blackwell, your future Alpha."

The pack clapped softly to not disturbed Zander. You could feel the love the pack already has for him. I sat down along with Marcus. Some pack members brought some dinner to our table so we could serve ourselves. They gave us both quick congratulations before going to serve other tables.

I smiled as I looked out to the pack. I knew they were excited to get a closer look at the precious baby in my arms. "I can hold him while you eat Maddy," Marissa came over beside me. "Thank you, mom that would be great." Marcus spoke before I could. He knew I would decline to not inconvenience anyone. I handed him off to Marissa before making my plate.

She took him over to her end of the table where some of her friends were sitting. They were just smitten with him. I kept my eye on them even though I knew nothing would happen. "Relax he is alright." Marcus put his hand on my leg and started to draw small circles with his thumb. I felt myself relax by his touch.

"Thank you," I continued to eat while looking out over the room. I was proud of how far I have come. I was able to find my mate, my brother, and a pack that loves me. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't have ran onto pack land.

I leaned over to Marcus, "Do you want to go for a run?" Marcus seemed shocked. I haven't spent longer than I need to away from Zander. "Are you sure?" I nodded before standing and going over to Marissa. "Hey, we will be back in a little while. Marcus and I are going to go for a quick run."

"Take your time. He is perfectly safe here," Marissa said while rocking Zander. I gave him a quick kiss on the forehead before turning and going over to Marcus who was waiting by the door.

"What made you want to go for a run?" Marcus said as we stepped down from the porch. "I realized it has been months since I let Willow out, and I figured we could use a few minutes away." We got to the edge of the woods, and Willow was getting excited.

"I know you have thanked me, but I never thanked you. You have showed me how much I could love someone else. You gave me another purpose to try my hardest every day and to protect you with everything in me. I thought it couldn't get any better and just 2 short weeks ago you gave me the greatest thing, a son. I couldn't be more proud of how far you have come since the first day we met. I loved you sense the first time I laid eyes on you, and it continues to grow." I had tears running down my face at Marcus' words. I was at a lose for words. I reached up and pulled him toward me to give him a kiss.

I pulled away and rested my forehead against his, "I love you so much."

I grinned up to him before pulling away, "Now catch me if you can." I took off into the woods knowing he would run after me like he always does. He always loves the chase.

**********

I want to thank all of you for following along this story. I know it is not the best thing out there and needs a lot of work. I hope to one day come back and edit this story.

I will see about putting up an epilogue sometime in the future. I am happy to finally have this finished for all of you. I am not sure if it was the ending, you were thinking, and it definitely wasn't what I first had in mind.

Again, thank you all so much for reading this story of mine! It means a lot to me!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 37.5K 25
Brooklyn is a sweet and caring nineteen year old werewolf. Her dad is the alpha of the Blue Shadow pack. Brooklyn is his baby and he wants her to be...
503K 18K 53
There are 12 werewolf packs in the United States: six of them are called peaceful and the other six are called bloodthirsty. In the six bloodthirsty...
531K 13.7K 33
Aubree Bradford has just been moved across the country with her pack, the Silver Moon Pack. She's the daughter of the Alpha of their pack. Aubree enr...
55.1K 2.1K 37
Alpha, Luna and every mateless wolves that stood in the hierarchy waited impatiently for their mates. However young alpha female to be Angel Bluebird...