The Capitol's Darling - The H...

By rasodazzle

[DISCONTINUED FOR TIME BEING] "Katia Odair. District 4." "The winner of the 68th Annual Hunger Games at only... More

introduction
one: home sweet home
two: the third quarter quell
three: the reaping
four: district 12's biggest threats
five: stylists
six: the tribute parade
seven: haymitch abernathy
eight: allies and missions
nine: axes
ten: no fighting
eleven: spectating
twelve: big arguments
thirteen: disasters
fourteen: backstage bonding
fifteen: the interviews
sixteen: late night thinking
seventeen: the big day
nineteen: day one down
twenty: the fallen tributes
twenty-one: katia, no
twenty-two: blood rain
twenty-three: betrayal
twenty-four: legacy upheld
twenty-five: sponsors
twenty-six: sector 6 horror
twenty-seven: what did you do to my sister
twenty-eight: a plan
twenty-nine: the trident
thirty: cornucopia
update
thirty-one: alone with the memories
thirty-two: the past
thirty-three: haunting you in your nightmares
thirty-four: preparing for the finale
update-dont skip!!

eighteen: this is it

2.8K 63 3
By rasodazzle

THIRD PERSON POV

"Let the 75th Hunger Games begin." Claudius spoke.

"May the odds be ever in your favour."

Katia closed her eyes as she tuned out her surroundings to focus on turning off her emotions. This was the hunger games after all, there was no room for feelings was what she grew up believing.

Seven

Six

The boy from district 8 stared at the women beside him in pure fear. How unlucky could he get to be placed beside the most dangerous tribute.

Four

Three

He discarded his thoughts and focused on the water in front of him that he had to swim through. All he had to worry about was getting out of the water as quick as possible and he would be ok.

One

The sound of the canon firing rung through his ear as he wasted no time diving into the water.

He swum for a few metres when he already felt tired. His district after all specialised in textiles, so he had little to no experience with swimming.

He stopped for a moment to look behind him to see where the District 4 tribute he was so afraid of were, when his eyes landed on no one.

She probably swum over the other side to Peeta, he thought.

But suddenly his head was pushed down underwater by a hard grip.

The movement caught him off guard as he opened his mouth to scream, resulting in salt water entering his mouth.

He tried his hardest to escape whoever was attempting to drown him but the person had one of their foot pushing on his back as his hands were being grabbed harshly behind his back while his hair was being gripped on.

He started choking badly as the life started to leave his eyes.

His head was then turned around to meet his killer's eyes underwater when it landed on the one and only,

Katia Odair.

Katia Odair was the one drowning him. The person he had hoped he had escaped from. She was about to earn the first kill of the game.

Her smirk was the last thing Sean saw before his whole body gave up.

BOOM!

There it was.

Not even 2 minutes into the game and Katia Odair had earned the title once again of being the first to kill.

She let go of his body and made her way up to the surface to catch her breath. Although she was underwater for a long period of time, she was trained and used to it unlike the man she had just drowned.

Katia began swimming to the cornucopia as fast as she could, wanting to get her hands on a trident before they were all gone.

There were only two tridents that was placed in the game and even though she doubted anyone other than Finnick would take one, she couldn't risk it.

The trident was like apart of her. To Katia, using a trident was like walking, you don't have to think about it, you just do it.

Once she finally got out of the water and in the centre, she could spot Katniss Everdeen following behind her brother Finnick.

This would've been a great opportunity to throw something at her, killing her immediately but she was currently unarmed.

With realising that, she immediately started grabbing a couple throwing knives to defend herself as she looked around for the remaining trident.

Once her eyes landed on the weapon, she wasted no time grabbing it and swinging it around. It had been a few days since she had touched a weapon, so she needed to take a moment to remember everything.

"Odair!" A voice nearby called out to her.

Out of pure instinct, she grabbed one of the throwing knives she had on her and threw it in the direction of the voice.

"Woah! You almost hit me with that!" They spoke again.

Once Katia got a good look at the person, she recognised it as no other than Gloss. He had a sword with him that he used to block the knife from Katia's deadly throw.

"Let's go, we're the only ones left on the cornucopia." He spoke again before turning back around and running around the corner. Katia followed behind as he led her to where Brutus, Enobaria and Cashmere were.

"Tia!" Brutus announced as he turned to face her.

"Hey." She replied dryly as she looked over at her right spotting three tributes running away.

"Is that... No fucking way" She spoke to herself, beginning to run after spotting one of them to be Katniss Everdeen. Unfortunately for her, Brutus' grip on her wrist stopped her movement as she turned to face him while trying to remove herself from his grip. Lucky for him, Katia's strength was nothing compared to Brutus'.

"What are you doing Brutus we need to go after them!" She yelled at him.

Brutus just shook his head while keeping his grip on her. "No Katia. It's not worth it we'll have plenty of time to kill them later. Plus your brother is one of them three and if you missed by just an inch, you would kill him." He explained.

Katia turned around to watch them as they got out of the water and started running into the forrest. She groaned and shook her hand off of Brutus' grip that loosened after he saw that she wasn't going to go after them.

Katia walked past them to sit behind them as she placed her trident down beside her and buried her face in her hands as she took a second to think.

"What's up with you? Mad you didn't beat your high score of 11 kills during the bloodbath?" Gloss joked as he stood to her left, standing up and leaning on his sword.

Not in the mood for his jokes, Katia huffed and turned around and grabbed one of the knives sitting on top of a crate and slashed Gloss' right leg with it.

He yelped as the other three quickly got up to face them. "You bitch!" Gloss yelled as he clung onto his sword and tried to hit Katia with it.

Unfortunately for him, she was faster and stood up to move away from him as Cashmere quickly got infront of him and to calm him down. "Brother what are you doing!? You can't kill Katia!" She yelled at him.

Katia scoffed as she listened to them a few metres away. "Like he can do any damage to me."

That seemed to piss him off even more as he started to walk towards her again with his sword ready to swing at her but Cashmere quickly stopped him again and pushed him back.

Enobaria also walked in front of Katia as Brutus just stood and watched the scene unfold.

"Katia I don't know what he said to you and why you cut him but he's a fucking career! He's one of us and you can't just hurt one of our allies!" Enobaria lectured as she stood tall infront of Katia.

While on the other half, Cashmere was busy lecturing her own brother while also calming him down. "She's one of us and she's the fucking Capitol's favourite so we need her. I can't have you ruining our alliance with her by saying some dumb shit that passes her off!"

Gloss rolled his eyes at his sister as he glared over at Katia who was busy listening to Enobaria. "She's not a fucking career so I wouldn't be breaking any rules. Plus all I said was a little joke to lighten up the mood, it's not my fault she took it personally." He defended himself.

"Look E, I'm not used to having allies and I am definitely not in the mood for Gloss' jokes. Now let's just move on and talk about who we're gonna kill next yea?" Katia announced out loud for everyone to hear.

Gloss looked at his sister one more time before sighing and sitting down. "Yea yea i'll back off from her now will you help me with my damn leg?" He told her. Cashmere rolled her eyes with a smile as she kneeled infront of him to take a good look at the scar Katia had given him.

Katia, Brutus and Enobaria walked up to gather around the siblings as Katia and Gloss looked at each other and nodded as a sign that they were good with one another.

"We need to talk about our game plan n-" Enobaria spoke before she was interrupted by Katia who placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Someone's here on the beach. I can hear water splashing." She said quietly. "Stay here, i'll get them and if you here me yell then come and save me."

Katia gripped her trident tightly as she quietly walked around the cornucopia.

She stopped when she could faintly hear voices. "Just hurry up and take everything you can, we need to get out of the cornucopia before the careers see us." One of them spoke.

Katia didn't know how many of them were here or who they were but she didn't have much time to think about it before she ran towards them while they were caught off guard.

She stabbed one of them with her trident as he was trying to pick up a spear.

BOOM!

With her trident still stuck on the tribute's body, she used one of her knives that she kept from before to slit the other ones throat as they tried to run up and stab her with a spear.

BOOM!

She calculated that there were three of them in total and when she couldn't see the third one around, she used this time to remove her trident from the body it was still impaled in.

BOOM!

That had made Katia flinch as she quickly turned around to see Cashmere with a bow in her hands, aimed at a now lifeless body floating in the water.

"They were trying to swim away." She told Katia.

"I didn't yell, I had them all on my own." She huffed as they walked back to the rest of the group.

"I know you've never had allies before Katia but you don't have to do everything by yourself. And you clearly didn't, seeing as you didn't see one of them trying to swim away, you're lucky whoever that was, was a slow swimmer so it was an easy aim for me." Cashmere explained.

"She's right Tia, we have to work together and we can't do that if you're always wanting to do everything on your own." Enobaria added.

Katia groaned as she sat down and leaned on one of the crates.

"Fine."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~••~•~•~•

1786 words!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 74.8K 63
"ATHENA GREY, WAS FOURTEEN WHEN SHE WON HER GAMES.." "FOURTEEN? IS SHE DANGEROUS?" "EXTREMELY..SHE RAN INTO THE CORNUCOPIA AND TOOK OUT TEN...
357K 7.5K 57
"we were the first." "when people thought we won... we had actually lost." "and i lost a lot." Corde...
12.4K 637 41
ᴛᴏ ʜɪᴍ, ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴇᴛʜᴇʀᴇᴀʟ - Hunger Games - Finnick Odair & FMC - Catching Fire, Mockingjay, Part 1 & Mockingjay, Part 2 [extended summary inside]
20.6K 424 47
Katniss Everdeen, Victor of 66th Annual Hunger Games at the age of 12, meets Finnick Odair, The 15 year-old Capitol Heartthrob. Katniss has trouble a...