Daylight // minayeon

By minguinny

One wedding will change both Nayeon and Mina's lives, as they unintentionally crossed lines they shouldn't ha... More

i.
I: it was enchanting to meet you
II: never thought that I'd be hit by a toy
III: can I call you again?
IV: I'll grow tall, you'll see
V: you make me feel something that I'm forbidden to feel
VI: make sure no one will know, let's just cherish what we have in secrecy
VII: I hear the sound of my own voice, asking you to stay
VIII: let's accept the truth, but please don't forget me
IX: I can feel you over here
X: 'cause forgiveness is a nice thing to do
XI: it was months and months of back and forth; you're still all over me
XII: let me take care of you
XIII: and I couldn't get away from ya, in my feelings more than Drake, so yeah
XV: that's the kind of heartbreak time could 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 mend

XIV: who was she?

290 21 19
By minguinny

The more words that come out of Wendy's mouth, the more they won't notice the time that they are spending now.

The sky is already dark when the cousins ran into Mina a while ago, and now, the dark sky earlier is shaded with a much darker tone. It doesn't matter to Mina, though.

She never notices the time. She also doesn't have the appetite to go home yet, knowing that the feud between her and Sana is still in its place.

If you can picture this current situation, you will think that the three girls are having a good time catching up for updates about their own lives, well, not for Nayeon.

She appears fine on the surface, but the inside is much different. It's hard to stay still while facing her unwanted past that she just bumped into in the street. But she wonders why is Mina not showing any hatred for every feeling she's releasing to her right now. Is it because Wendy is here? Or what?

"Actually, there's nothing new with Nayeon's life right now. It's still the same even when it comes to her love life. It's so boring." Wendy scoffs and sticks out her tongue.

Nayeon furrowed upon hearing that from her annoying cousin. Her head urgently turned sideways when she heard that familiar soft giggle of the younger one. Oh, how she missed that giggle.

"I think there's something new about her, though." Then Mina also turns her sight to Nayeon. It's been a while since Nayeon look intently at Mina's warm orbs like this, this feeling came back again.

But, when will she going to get the answer to her question, asking what is this unfathomable sensation inside her that keeps on pushing her heart to skip a beat?

"Really? I don't see any changes to her." The squirrel-like girl asked back to Mina.

Wait, Mina... what are you trying to say, huh?

Inside Nayeon's mind, she wonders what Mina means when she said that there's something new about her.

"She's quiet, I see." With a deep and cool tone in Mina's voice, sounds like her English speaking is more eloquent and somehow, Nayeon feels impressed with that.

"Yeah... maybe thinking of something else? Like work, office stuff." The oldest shrugs as she sips her drink.

Mina's eyes kept its track of Nayeon's irresistible aura that is just beside her, so as Nayeon too.

She doesn't know if the reason of her heart skipping a beat is because of the coffee she's drinking right now or because of Mina's extreme gazing.

The two girls' eye contact takes too long to be ripped off of each other, it became intense that Nayeon can't even handle it anymore. There's this urge inside her that wants to just drag Mina outside this café and kiss her to vent this overly inexplicable feeling inside her.

But that idea is clearly a wrong thing. She keeps repeating to herself to control herself and just endure this for the meantime, this moment won't last, anyway.

"By the way, the two of you happened to meet me there a while ago. I assumed that you should be in the office or work?"

"Well, yes. We got off of work earlier today than expected. It should be 9 pm, but we decided to get home early," answered Wendy.

"Why is that?"

"Some stuff. Personal stuff." Nayeon suddenly said after like an eternity of being mute.

For some reason, Wendy and Mina were surprised and confused at the same time. Because first, this kind of side of Nayeon is really different from what they knew. Second, she's acting weird from what Wendy is seeing right now.

Talking about Nayeon being weird in front of them, Mina wasn't surprised by that. She knows that as long as she's there with the cousins, it'll be just a pain in Nayeon's ass. She knows that this situation of them will make Nayeon uncomfortable in her seat like there are some ants crawling through her legs and trying to take a bite.

I think... you deserve to feel like that.

The Japanese girl internally smirks at her thought.

The torturous reunion of the girls finally comes to a halt that Nayeon has been waiting for. She badly wants to put the stop sign in front of them and will be unhesitant to beg for Wendy to come home because this scenario is so uncanny for her.

Saying goodbye is something that Nayeon isn't good at, and she thinks that she won't ever be good at it. For all the goodbye she gave before, why does giving this farewell to the Japanese girl feel so light.

Everything that happened this night is something that can fuel the uncomfortableness inside her. She thought that why out of all the things that could happen to her, why does it have to be meeting Mina?

Life can be some kind of a player sometimes and that's making Nayeon sick to the stomach. Why does out of all the girls in this damn sphere that can get played, why does it have to be her?

She badly wants to forget, but if what is happening to them right now is some kind of joke, well, it's not funny. And it can never help to finally erase everything and made their lives return to the usual canvas.

It's just making her brain's screws loose and with that, she can go mad.

***

A pleasant Sunday morning welcomes Nayeon's freshly opened eyes from her previous asleep state. The day today has something to do with her alarm being quiet all day. Meaning that her alarm is on-mute every Sunday because that is the only day when she can pay her body an immense amount of peace when it comes to sleeping.

Her body itched to wake up and she did. It's already 8 in the morning, time for her to cook food for the two of them.

This is Nayeon and Tzuyu's third Sunday together, for being at work every weekday and even Saturday, the older one doesn't have the time to spare some moments for Tzuyu, time to cook for the young lady.

Cooking for the younger one is one of her favorite hobbies now and she's happy to do that for as long as it can last. Somehow, living alone for how many years finally pulls up the barrier to it now. Putting an end to the lonely years of her life. She's happy about the joyful feedback of the younger one every time she's providing some self-made foods for Tzuyu. Feels like her hard work had been paid just to see that smile that is triggering the pair of little dimples on Tzuyu's cheeks.

Even though she doesn't have any siblings, in some strange ways, she found herself being fond of the idea of having Tzuyu as her little sister.

Speaking of the young lady living with her in this apartment, Nayeon decided to take the path leading to the bedroom of her 'little sister' to check if she was awake. Knowing Tzuyu's condition, Nayeon wasn't in the side of expecting some yawning sound or any noise, indicating that Tzuyu is already awake.

Before stepping inside the room, Nayeon knocks in a happy patterned way. After a while of no response, she called for the younger one's name.

Still no answer.

"That's strange." She mutters while frowning.

Usually, with just a knock or two, Tzuyu will bring her feet to the floor and walk in front of the door to open it for the older one. But this time right now, the antithesis took place. She then called once again for the younger one with a hope inside her that Tzuyu just overslept and didn't feel that Nayeon is just outside waking her up.

The same outcome happens again, with the absence of hesitation in Nayeon's body, she opens the door and sees no one nor nothing, even the younger one's silhouette was nowhere to be found.

She continues calling for Tzuyu's name and rummaging the room, flipping anything that she sees, hoping that maybe the maiden is just trying to play with her or trying to pull up some pranks.

But, the last thirty minutes were just spent upending any possible hiding spot not only in Tzuyu's room but also in the whole apartment.

She even went to the other rooms of her neighbors beside her, but unfortunately, she never found the girl that she's been looking for.

Then the thought of calling her cousin came to her mind because she can't endure the anxiousness inside her, the reason for her to can't stand still with a pair of weak knees.

But before she can dial that particular number, there's a tall figure walking towards her spot from the hallway. She then tried to squint her eyes a little for a clearer look.

"Tzuyu? Tzuyu-ah!"

The tall girl that is approaching, brought her sight in front where Nayeon is standing. It's Tzuyu indeed.

Without any hesitation, Nayeon embraced the younger one while fighting over the tears that are daring to fall from her eyes. She could feel that the heavy heart of her is now pumping lightly.

"I could curse at you right now, you know? Where the hell have you been, Tzuyu-ah?" It's fascinating to think how could frustration, anxiousness, and happiness made a great combination that made a hilarious expression on Nayeon's face. When Tzuyu saw that expression of the older one, she then have to deal with it and eventually fight the urge to laugh. If she doesn't hold it, she knows damn well that she's going to hear an unpleasant lecturing from Nayeon for the first time living with her.

Knowing that she had caused such a terrible burden to the bunny teeth girl, she needs to be more careful now. Although she didn't get the chance to see how distressed Nayeon was, the agony from a while ago is still reflecting on Nayeon's facade right now.

She felt sorry for everything.

"I... saw her outside. She seems lost."

While her head is still in its lower state, Nayeon slowly lifts her head just to make sure if her recognition of that voice was right.

The moment of truth came and all that Nayeon can whisper inside her head is,

Holy shit.

"Oh... how did the two of you...?"

Nayeon asked while her eyes barely can't take off of Mina in front of her, then Tzuyu looks so happy when she turn around and also see the Japanese girl. The older one was confused about that.

"I just saw her outside. I don't have any idea that she's related to you?" Mina shrugs.

"Uhm... sort of? It's kinda complicated to explain." With a nervous chuckle, Mina understands that if she continues questioning about this young lady and Nayeon's relationship, it'll be some kind of overstepping of the boundary.

Mina just nods while flashing her forced smile to the older one. The next thing that happened is, well, what we expected to happen.

It's the silence again that is being an irksome present between them. Even though Tzuyu is there who is another person who can also produce some noise just to slice off this deafening silence, it's just bad that she can't do it because of the fact that she's 'mute'.

Instead of keeping and playing the title role that was given to Tzuyu as 'a girl without any words', the younger one lightly and constantly pulls Nayeon's arm, trying to get her attention. As soon as she gets Nayeon's sight, she gestures her hand to the door.

On the other side, Tzuyu's actions added to Nayeon's confusion a while ago. She tries to understand what is the young lady implying to her right now.

When the realization hits her, she's now being hesitant to ask the younger one if her assumption is right.

"You want her to come? Inside?" Asked Nayeon quiet enough to not be heard by the Japanese girl.

Please, I hope my guess is not right.

Just split seconds passed, and the younger one gave her an answer that Nayeon surely doesn't want to get as a response.

Rather than choosing the option where she will show how perturbed she was, Nayeon remains calm and cool as she faced the Japanese girl and invited her inside.

Mina gladly accepted the invite and follow the other two girls.

If we're going to hear Tzuyu's side, she also can't stand this situation where a single sound is smart enough to ditch them. And there's also a question that she's seeking some answer to.

How does Nayeon unnie know this girl?

וו×

hey guys! I know this is a super late update... I've been really busy these past weeks because of school so I barely can write.

So, please expect that I'll update slower and later than before, also because I'm going to school through Face-to-Face this coming November. But! I'll make sure to finish this story, guys!

I hope y'all understand and your patience and support will always be appreciated by yours truly!

Thank you so much and as always, love y'all and take care! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 1.1K 18
Yoo jeongyeon will get married to Hirai momo a rape victim from his 3 friends, she still belive that he also raped her since he was present but he wi...
588 55 2
Nayeon, grappling with her unexpressed feelings for Mina, finds herself traversing multiple universes just as Mina's wedding approaches.
71.2K 3.4K 61
Im Nayeon and Yoo Jeongyeon loved each other too much they've lost control.
63K 2.6K 26
Afraid of love Can't confess her feelings What's going to happen if they both don't want to confess their feelings towards each other? Highest rankin...