Husk & mask

By Rileyceith

*It's a crime and action trilogy full of interesting mazes to be put together* Who wants to leave the stones... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 9

67 7 9
By Rileyceith

The rescue ever after

Firstly, in the off road way, were a bunch of small overlapping tree branches on the roadsides hitting the review mirrors and the lights, followed by the loamy dust, then the bumbs resonating the whole of the black Jeep. All of this was a flywheel with jingles to every passanger.

Two merceneries holding what looked like X95-rifles with erased serial numbers, yet to be pointed around like toys had this rare climate printed all bad all over their faces. It's like they were listening to some heart break tracks. I have no idea how much Mark paid them to portrait those creepy faces.

This was the off-road way going across acres of ivy lands of Milnkah Forest. Trees partly scattered, here and there, star and Rhodes grass waving at them, winds blowing westwards and a grey texture in the sky surely was a work of a great artist.

"Drive faster!" shouted Mark.

The whole abduction situation was fiddling with him in a very sensitive way. He didn't want anything to get out of hand. He knew if they'd broken their way into me, it was going to be nutshell for him too. Due to these drives, the gun he held was pressed even more harder between one of Jeffrey's sore ribs. Yes Jeffrey was on board. You might be wondering why and how? That's not important, for now. We will get to that later.

He gulped a balloon of air into his tiny lungs, tried to look pissed. It was almost like silence took him to its heaven where he would be convinced its a good act, but the cold shot Sigsauer P320 gun made him yell like an infant.

It rendered him to utter almost pulling his King Kong giant fingers off the steering. "Okay! Are you going to keep that thing on my belly. You are hurting me.". He said, unhappily.

Mark stared at him trying one of those pantomimes of showing adamancy. He felt more stressed, heart rate increasing, hands sweating and drove him to cross over the gear box without moving a muscle on his face. He forced his divided mind trying his way to invest fear in Jeffrey's heart. He went close to him, stopped when he sensed Jeffrey's odour getting stronger. He was tripping pretty hard, but I'm sure what he did was enough to put a guy like Jeffrey in the right track.

The back seaters maintained their posture pretending to be unaware of the drama played in front of them. The bumbs on the road were the only thing keeping their bodies mobile, otherwise never.

"Come on man, I can barely fight you. So cut it off and let me drive nicely," Jeffrey said, completely taking his hands off the steering.

The car roved few degrees sideways, taking Jeffrey half a second to put back his paws on the steering. What was he trying to do?

Anyways, it got Mark to consider the feeble driver's plea. He slowly pulled his gun off, following a stealthily backing down of his rigid body to his sit. Still and still, the gut was pointing to Jeffrey.

Jeffrey involuntarily went back to all what he surely didn't pick for a great advice coming out of his wife's mouth. He didn't want to think of it, but with regard to the conditions and circumstances of what he might had gotten himself into, he had to swallow it, like it or not.

By the time they passed two farms, the car reduced its speed, clichéd close to the left side and braked under an enormous shadowy tree.

"You can't handcuff me!" Jeffrey yelled.

Mark took a glance into Jeffrey's pupils, maintained an eye contact, not like he was about to kiss him good bie, but just making sure his hostage wasn't going to slip away. Well, he was convinced enough.

He pulled himself out of the car, fast, ignoring Jeffrey's blubber.

He said, confidently, "Okay ladies, let's bound our asses off the seats and get the 'hell yeah' out of ourselves." He wanted to smile on that he enjoyed ambushes, but it wasn't the right episode of the whole mission. Instead he put out that authoritarian look while he gave commands.
Guns in hands and nice dull vests which were almost admired by Jeffrey gave them an average rating. Thick trees blocking their view, were a bit of an obstacle, as soon as they discovered it might be their cover, they corrected their mindset.

Mark said, "Like a baby's smoother, we are going to roll in nice and sneaky. We are going to split, go trio, and spread out a little.

"Oprah! Such a wonderful taste you got." I said, picking up the pawn. "May I remind you that I'm a big fan of the game." I twisted my neck trying to harness that comfort. "Everytime I play this game, it gives that anxiety to my opponents. That which makes them think their world is crumbling into cheff and duff... Chaos!" I could feel my cheeks in pain when I gave that mad man smile. It was worth it, a sure footing stunt that made it to her nerves.

Inspite of her attitude and a tasty spice towards me, she tied her hardcore bad ass claws in loops, tried to act like my date, smiled from inside, vigorously and phrased, "Swing, swing and swing down with the chewed bones and brocken Jaws. I didn't want to hurt you my love. It's just that you're keeping things from me."

"You're so romantic!" Did I say that? I was so pathetic and I loved it.

"Stop you're making me flutter," she said meekly. This time she performed quite so well. I almost believed her. You want know what she really looked like? Well, at first site, you might not assume she could hold big guns and knives.

I know what you are thinking; something going in the lines of playing chess with the enemy. For the record, I didn't go rogue and I wasn't drugged. None of those staff. In fact, I was in my best mood. Of course the turture and goosebumps were a bit threshing, but what doesn't kill me makes me what? If I did utter anything, would be betraying myself for chess's sack. If you haven't heard the word 'stalling' I feel pity for you.

Here is a little tip, the King is a slow piece that can move only one step in every direction, so don't judge me.

It's pretty clear that you already have that 'I can't wait' face of seeing dead bodies all over the holy basement of Dhalom only because you know Mark and his crew are already across the woods to my rescue. Do you think Mark did this out of love? Let's just say that. Princess to the rescue as you wish.

Meanwhile, I had to deal with my squiffy Queen Dhalom. Well, she ruled all over the place. She got a couple of nails from me, each from each thump. It was amazing and fun.

When I picked the pieces, blood dripped onto the chess table. There, also was blood all over the murky rough floor, not so sure if it was mine because it was quite plenty. Some of it was already dry and platy showing signs that there was a hell of another talent show held before.

I said, lastly, before what you all have been longing to witness, "I think we are making history around here."

I saw her lips. She wanted to say something, but the hook kind of a trauma had ripped her voice. I was certainly sure of that.

I couldn't count the bullets out there because the guns my fellows were using were a bit Morden. All I knew was that some random bad guys you wouldn't feel pity about were dying.

Here, where I was seated tied up, being watched all in my pants was my lunatic showing no signs of panic. It surprised me a lot. Despite of that, I ignorantly embraced my grace. Shaft mode! I breathed to that foretold victory.

I asked, "Are you having a stage fright?"

"Shut up!" she hosed her voice to my face. She out on her bullet proof vest.

I smiled with excitement. I raised my eyebrows up out of regression.
In a moment, the air stood, rhythms of heart beats took over and sneaky footsteps above us made that deep long squeak. It repeated twice, while two men infront of me help their guns up.

Before they opened their fire, I louded, "Your twelve o'clock!!"

Bullets rained up perforating the whole wooden surface. They did it until they took a break to listen again. No sound at this time.

Dhalom stood there holding her gun, looking all around. I studied her and I knew she had an escape plan.

The next moment, I saw one of the two men falling to the ground, following the other and the sounds of gunshots came in to my ears a split second after. The next thing I remember was Dhalom pointing a gun to my head. I could feel her pounding breath.

She said, vaguely "I will shoot him!"

For a moment Mark stood there quiet. He had thoughts running in his mind.

"I will just walk out of here and you can have him." She said dragging me to the door.

Before I could get hold of what was about to happen, I felt the bullet going through my chest.

I felt Dhalom letting me go while she rushed up the stairs. Mark's man followed her and he stopped him.

The energy flitted out of my body with a sad sigh coming out low. I took it hard to bend my head slowly to Mark and I saw him moving sharply towards me.  He held my head up.

He said looking tense, "This had to end man. We both how much risk you been waging upon both of us."

He let go off my head and I just went lights out. Shallow waters flowing out a smooth tub stream, the life in me becoming an hour glass was what began to take place. I told you, Mark is not a sweetheart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

670 64 15
JUST A HEADS UP: This is the screen write of TAOTD (2020/2021) BEFORE editing it recently. The book version is the up to date one and once I figure o...
7.8K 257 43
Mr.Hayes was that one literature teacher who had won the hearts of all students at Markins High while Mikaela was the newcomer who preferred to stay...
Slick By Bandor Tyrell

Mystery / Thriller

439 3 18
Her yoga instructor thought he could have any woman he wanted. When he wanted the one woman he couldn't have, her husband, the cop, takes the law int...
3.2K 140 9
Again, I don't own the names or the characters. I just own the story. It is another fanfiction (We all know that when Henry goes to the studio and g...