His Angel

Galing kay BigBballBoy

Starts off from the Quidditch world cup, Harry finds a more important reason to fight for and that sometimes... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

chapter 30

1.7K 36 20
Galing kay BigBballBoy

"Black, I swear if you move again I'm making you bald."

"Then watch where you're cutting woman! You're being way too liberal with my hair!"

"Your hair's rough, dirty, ugly, and it smells." Tonks said flatly. "You're lucky I even agreed to come more than a few feet near it let alone cut it. Now shut up."

"They're showing no signs of stopping are they?" Harry asked in amusement as they watched the two cousins continue their argument which had been raging on for the past half hour.

"Is there snow on the North pole?" Remus asked in a resigned voice, glancing at his watch for the umpteenth time.

"Think we should go stop it?" He asked doubtfully.

"No…" Remus sighed, the tone of his voice never changing. "Just give it a few more minutes. Either Tonks has her way and cuts it the way she wants or she curses Sirius and then cuts it the way she wants."

"I think I see her hair turning red…" He muttered apprehensively, slowly edging away from the door just as Remus did the same right next to him. Sure…they may be outside the room where this increasingly ugly situation was happening but;

This is Nymphadora Tonks.

Sirius was doing all in his power to anger her.

Why did his godfather have to be so stupid?

Just when they thought Sirius couldn't get any dumber; "Yeah well we can't change our hair at will if we don't like it Nymphadora."

"Collorportus." Remus sighed again, pointing his wand at the door making it swing shut just as Tonk's voice started becoming a few pitches higher.

"Yeah he's dead." Harry said indifferently, starting towards the staircase. Sure enough the muffled cries for help started.

"We need to leave soon." Remus called after him. "Make sure you're dressed!" Raising his hand in acknowledgement he continued on his way.

Today was the day that would determine if Sirius would become a free man or not. The trial he should've been given 16 years ago was finally going to be underway within a few hours.

From what he'd heard of the new Minister the man was not a bumbling old fool and was willing to do whatever was necessary. Plus…he knew his godfather. Even if Sirus acted the fool most of the time he was not going to play around with his chance at being free. So he really didn't have much to worry about.

Or so he hoped.

Shaking his head slightly he trudged up the stairs towards the room he and Fleur shared, his mind trailing back to the graveyard yesterday.

To say a huge weight he hadn't even known he'd been carrying was off his shoulders would be an understatement. While he may not have gotten the answers he wanted, it had given him exactly what he'd needed.

His parents had reminded him exactly why he needed to keep going. It was something he'd come close to forgetting.

Plus, they had kicked some of the courage back into him.

Knocking on the door at the end of the hallway twice before opening it, a smile crept up his face as he gazed at his 'reason' who was standing with her back to him, frowning down at a wide assortment of clothes placed neatly around the bed. "Ready yet?"

"Non…'elp me will you?" Fleur murmured as he closed the door behind him.

"Erm-I just reme-" He started hurriedly, turning right around to open the door when he heard the lock click making him groan.

"Not zis time monsieur." She smirked over her shoulder at him before turning back, putting her wand away. "You really zink I wasn't ready for zat?"

"But I don't know how to pick out clothes." He whined as he trudged over to her.

"Just point at ze one you like and I'll wear eet."

"Okay, that one."

"You didn't even look." She deadpanned, slapping his arm lightly.

"I don't know! You look pretty in anything you wear."

"Flattery will not 'elp you 'ere."

"It's not flattery it's true!" He was rewarded with a smile before she resumed her stoic expression.

"Zat may be but…" She firmly intertwined her arm around his. "You aren't going anywhere until you pick me somezing. 'Ere, I've narrowed down ze choices to zese. Just pick one."

"Haaah…." He shook his head in frustration before peering at the dresses she'd set aside. It was true what he'd said, she did look good in almost anything. Settling on just going by color he pointed at the one on the middle.

"Hmm…you really like zat one non?" She asked, picking up the black dress before flicking her wand at the rest making them fold themselves before zooming into an open bag lying on the floor.

"I do?" She chuckled at his bemused expression.

"Out of all ze times I've made you pick me somezing eet's always been zis."

"No."

"Yes. And why are you being defensive?"

"Am not."

"I know you are. Eet doesn't 'urt if you can admit zat you like seeing me in somezing."

"Fine, you look beautiful in black, can we drop it now?" He asked flatly making her chuckle before nodding, the smile never leaving her face. "And let's get the next part over with."

"What?" She asked innocently.

"Aren't you going to force me into wearing something I don't want to now?"

"'Ow dare you accuse me of zat!" She exclaimed, her eyes wide.

"Oh so you weren't planning on using the whole 'you picked mine so I get to pick yours routine'?"

"Non." She grinned at his raised eyebrow. "Zat comes only if you start protesting." He sighed dejectedly before dropping onto the bed. "Come on 'Arry, eet isn't zat bad. I promise." He grunted but closed his eyes. "Get up. Come on we're going to be late!"

"Don't wanna."

"You…" She leaned down trying to poke him but yelped when she immediately found herself getting dragged down on top of him, his arms locked firmly around her. "I'm serious! We don't 'ave time to fool arou-mmph!" Her eyes widened when he suddenly kissed her, silencing her completely before they fluttered shut after a few moments.

It was after several more did they finally open again when she felt him draw away. "Not zat I'm complaining but…what brought zat on?"

"Just...wanted to…" He murmured a small smile on his face which proved infectious as she nuzzled into the crook of his neck.

"You know I'm still going to make you wear what I want…" She said in a muffled voice making him laugh.

"Ah…foiled again." She turned slightly so she was using his arm as a pillow, allowing her to gaze at him from the side. A comfortable silence settled as they reveled in the familiar feeling of being with each other. Given the events that had transpired it was something they had both sorely missed.

"I know I have a pretty face but Sirius was right, I'm not the Veela in this relationship you know…" He muttered after a while making them both chuckle.

"Such cockiness…"

"Seriously though, not that I don't like it but I feel like there's something on my face every time you stare at me." She giggled before bringing her hand up to his cheek, tracing it lightly.

"Eet's just been a while since I've seen you so carefree." She confessed. "Looks like visiting Godric's 'Ollow was ze right zing to do."

"It helped." He said softly.

"If you want to go back again-" He shook his head with a smile, leaning into her hand.

"Don't need to. I have everything I need here…right in front of me."

She couldn't explain why those simple words meant so much to her at that moment. But all she knew was that it was enough to make her speechless as an overwhelming feeling of happiness took over.

"I-" She was cut off when he leaned forwards, pressing a kiss on her brow before pulling her closer to him to which she responded all too willingly, melding their bodies as close as humanly possible together.

"Sorry if you felt like I was going back to my old ways." She heard him mumble to which she smiled, hugging him tighter.

It was after a long time that she reluctantly pulled away, kissing his cheek as she did. "Come on…we should dress up."

"Yeah." His face fell a bit at the word 'dress'.

"Trust me okay? I know you 'ate zis sort of zing but just bear wiz eet for now. And besides…" She smiled mischievously. "If you're good now maybe later we'll…"

"I'm up…I'm up."

"You look great Sirius." Remus said, slapping his shoulder encouragingly. "You should have more faith in Tonks."

"Yeah? Fine, but only if you do Tonks." He deadpanned.

Truth be told, she had made him look a lot like he did back in his twenties. His rugged handsome looks (no one ever denied he had an ego) were almost back at a hundred percent. But, he was still sore over the treatment he'd been subjected to over the past hour.

"For the 67th time, no. I will not 'do' your cousin."

"But Mooooooonyyyyy, she likes you…"

"She's just got a crush on me. Crushes wear off."

"It's not like that!"

"…and not to mention I am nearly twice as old as her." Remus continued as if he hadn't heard him.

"But…"

"Why are we talking about this now for Merlin's sake? It's your trial in an hour…look, keep your head down, get through this thing and once we're back I'll listen to whatever you have to say."

"Fine." The smile slid off his face. "What's taking those two so long?"

"They should be down any moment now..." Remus muttered, glancing at his watch. "Nervous?"

"My chance at finally being a free man? 'Course not! Whatever in the world gave you that idea?"

"Sarcasm eh?" Remus smiled. "Yeah, you're a wreck."

He sighed before dropping into a chair. "Guess I am a little…I mean I know the odds are not so stacked against me this time but I just…I just can't go back in there."

"That won't happen." Remus said firmly. "Do you think me, Harry, Dumbledore…anyone of us would just let that happen? We have every bit of proof on our side and we have every reason to get you declared a free man."

"I guess. Ugh…I just want this to be over with already."

"It'll be fine." Remus said reassuringly. "While we're on that, you sure you've thought through that other grand scheme of yours?"

"Yep. And no Moony, you will not dissuade me from that one."

"I wasn't going to! But don't you think you should give him a little heads up before doing that kind of thing?"

"If I do he's going to refuse. You know him as well as I do." Sirius deadpanned.

"Which is precisely why I'm unsure." Remus said dryly.

"Have I ever told you you worry too much?"

"I think I don't worry enough." Glancing at his watch again Remus tapped his foot impatiently. "Please don't tell me I have to go up there and force them to stop whatever it is they're doing instead of getting dressed."

"I 'eard zat." A familiar voice sounded behind them. Sirius grinned as he rounded on his godson and Fleur, the latter who seemed to be directing the smallest of glares at the old wolf.

"Well…what else were you two doing?" Remus asked pointedly, chuckling at the matching blushes that appeared on the couple's faces. "How difficult was it to get him into one of those?"

"Just a leetle bit of bargaining." Fleur said brightly while Harry mumbled something that sounded a lot like 'trickery'.

The source of Harry's discomfort seemed to be the rather formal looking coat he was wearing if the way he was standing so stiffly was anything to go by.

Still, it was amusing seeing Fleur poking him everytime he did it before forcing it back to the way she seemed to prefer it.

"Was there a point to making me dress like someone from colonial times?" Harry grumbled.

"Don't know why you're complaining really, you look good." Sirius said in an offhand voice, ruffling his godson's hair to which he received a death glare in return making the rest of the occupants laugh at his expense. "It's a bloody military coat! I'd be wearing it if I could still fit into it."

It was true though, both Harry and Fleur looked fitting for their parts. Harry as the heir to one of the oldest pureblood families of Britain and Fleur as the daughter of one of the most prominent families of France as well as the fiancé of the aforementioned.

Whatever the outcome was of today's trial, it was marking the beginning of the political warfare that had been brewing for years. Since Harry is now considered to be officially of age despite being sixteen thanks to his N.E.W.T certification, he would now be able to take the seat reserved for the Potters in the wizengamot.

Not to mention his appearance would mean the seat of the Blacks would now be back in play as well.

Impressions were everything and it would do them well if they made a…formidable one.

"Well, now that we're all set, shall we?" Remus asked, getting to his feet.

"What about the others?" Harry asked, putting his arm around Fleur as they headed back, towards the fireplace.

"They're all probably there already." Sirius answered. "Arthur can't really be seen with us and by that extension, the rest of the redheads so I guess they'll be attending under Dumbledore's wing. As for your parents…" He nodded towards Fleur. "…they sent me a message a bit earlier. They're waiting for us."

He let out a long, drawn out sigh as they each took a fistful of the floo powder making the three look at him in concern. "I'm just..." He shook his head. "It's nothing. Was just thinking of how it was the last time."

"It will not be like the last time." Harry muttered. "Besides, if they make the wrong decision we'll just break you out. Not like I give a dam about becoming a criminal here anyway."

He didn't know whether to laugh or be a little afraid at the calm delivery of this statement.

"I'll 'elp in any way zat I can as well." Fleur said softly, hugging him for a few moments. "'Arry's right. We're all 'ere."

He caught Remus's eye, the smile on his face mirroring his. Yeah, he was being stupid. What was he doing acting like a nervous wreck?

Besides, If things do go wrong, who can say they've broken out of Azkaban twice? He mused silently as he threw the powder into the flames, watching them turn emerald green.

"Ministry of Magic, the Atrium."

It was a rather quick affair. Almost as soon as Sirius had tumbled out of the fireplace his arms had been placed in chains and was led away by four Aurors. Remus had looked like he wanted to say something but seemed to think better of it, choosing instead to follow after them at a respectable pace while the Delacours and a couple of Aurors who seemed to be with Dominique joined Harry and Fleur.

But of course they won't leave us alone Harry mused silently as he, Fleur and the rest of the Delacours, Gabrielle included who'd immediately jumped into his arms upon arrival much to their amusement and in Fleur's case, slight irritation ("But she's supposed to be my sister!") were surrounded by reporters. It was only thanks to the two stern faced Aurors who immediately casted a warding charm around the group that they were saved from being overrun.

Thankfully they added a privacy charm too, muffling out the constant barrage of questions.

It was amusing how despite having a mass murderer (although wrongfully convicted of course) being dropped right in front of them, their greatest news of the day still seemed to be him.

"I can't believe these people." Apolline murmured in disdain as the flashes kept going off around them without any discretion.

"As long as you're all with me here…well…" Harry trailed off with a pained grimace before smiling when he felt Gabrielle murmur something in his ear.

"What did she say?" Fleur asked curiously, pressing herself closer to his side so she could be heard over the din of the reporters.

"No!" Gabrielle yelped, glaring at her sister who smirked back. "Don't tell." She huffed under her breath at Harry who nodded.

"My lips are sealed." Fleur mock glared at the two of them while Apolline and Dominique watched the proceedings in amusement.

When they reached the main elevator however, the wards slipped for a bit and they caught hint of one question from a particularly loud reporter which froze Harry in place.

"Is that your daughter in your arms Mr. Potter?!" That question seemed to drive the rest of the reporters nuts but he elevator doors closed thankfully, sparing him from answering.

For a moment none of them said anything but Fleur's silent giggles seemed to set both her parents off while he was still standing there motionless with Gabrielle in his arms, looking around in confusion.

"Guess you're a father now." Apolline said, her eyes twinkling.

"They can't really be that stupid right?" Harry asked uncertainly, looking around at them.

"These are the same people who think you're a madman." Dominique supplied helpfully.

"Ah whatever…." He sighed before smiling at Gabrielle. "You don't mind do you?"

"No."

"Then it's settled." Fleur chimed in, taking Gabrielle from him. "She's ours now." She grinned, tickling her under her neck making the little girl laugh as she squirmed, straining to get back to Harry.

"No." Dominique said shortly, stepping in and grabbing Gabrielle from a pouting Fleur. "Harry, you've already taken one of my daughters. That's enough."

"But I wasn't going to!" He yelped in alarm setting the Delacours off laughing again. Even the two Aurors who looked like they didn't understand what humor was seemed to be having trouble concealing their grins.

All smiles were gone however when they doors opened showing a long, dark corridor.

Courtrooms 10-19 The cool female voice over the elevator announced.

Without a word the two Aurors set off with them following in their wake.

"You okay?" Fleur asked quietly as they walked behind her parents and Gabrielle, her hand entwining itself around his again to which he was grateful. Giving her a relieved smile he returned the pressure, unconsciously moving closer to her as she automatically did the same.

There was an unnatural cold permeating throughout the corridor, and it was a cold he was unwillingly familiar with. The faint screaming, something he hadn't heard in ages was in his head again, getting uncomfortably louder with every step they took down the darkened corridor. It was only thanks to Fleur he was able to keep it at bay, not allowing it full reign.

Sure enough, when the Aurors opened the doors to courtroom 17, the source of this unpleasantness was clear in the form of two Dementors hovering silently at a corner alongside a dozen or so Aurors.

Dominique scowled at the sight of them, conjuring a silent patronous charm which took the form of a raven. "Do not allow any of those men approach me or my family." He muttered under his breath to one of his men who nodded sharply, heading towards the band of aurors who'd started towards them.

The room was huge. At the far end, away from the Dementors, the table with the ministry officials and jury were rows and rows of seats full of people who burst into renewed mutterings as they each took their seats in the second row to the right.

The raven patronous was silently hovering over them, more so over Gabrielle who, understandably, had been a bit affected by the Dementors and was now cuddled up with Apolline who was whispering soothingly in her ear.

A quick glance around revealed the Weasleys, Tonks and Dumbledore who were sitting in the front row to the left, the latter of who nodded at Harry reassuringly when he caught his eye.

Turning his attention to the front his eyes widened slightly as his attention was drawn to the cold metal chair at the center of the room with chains around it. Surely Sirius wasn't going to be strapped to that? With Dementors in the vicinity as well?

"Eet's just zem being paranoid." Fleur whispered in his ear, her lips brushing his ear as she spoke making him shiver. "Papa and Remus won't let anyzing 'appen to 'im."

"He looks ticked off." He murmured softly. Sure enough, Dominique was whispering furiously about something with Remus who was crouched beside Gabrielle.

"Probably because of zose zings." Fleur sighed. "Gabrielle..." She trailed off but he understood. He himself was bothered by the fact the girl had to be near those foul creatures, no wonder her father would be furious.

"Yeah…although…" He smiled slightly, watching as Remus broke off a piece of chocolate, handing it to Gabrielle who grinned after taking a bite. "Super uncle Moony to the rescue." Fleur stifled a giggle although Apolline heard his comment making her chuckle while Remus merely chucked the empty wrapper at him.

"Wish I had some to be honest." He sighed as he leaned back, watching as more people entered the room, rushing to take their seats.

"Chocolate?" She asked.

"Mhmm…" No sooner had he said it she kissed his cheek.

"Still need some?" She asked mischievously, watching him as he did his best to control the warmth that was spreading across his face unsuccessfully.

"N-no. Oh for…don't look so smug." He grumbled half heartedly as she laughed, leaning her head against his shoulder as they returned to watching the room steadily fill with people.

Some more familiar faces made appearences as well; For one, he could easily recognize Neville's grandmother. Professor McGonagall and Snape both walked in as well, both of who recognized him and, to his surprise, even came up to him to greet him. What completely threw him off was when Snape actually acknowledged him with a slight nod which could only be described as…cordial...given all of their past interactions.

Of course, Lucius Malfoy and the rest of his brood walked in as well. It did make him smile when Draco did a double take when their eyes met. It didn't seem like he'd recognized him right away but as soon as his eyes slid to Fleur who was sitting right next to him he seemed to put two and two together.

Lucius's wife was a different story though. Watching Draco and his father's antics had given him a rather low opinion of that whole family so he was surprised when he saw a tall, regal looking woman with the same dirty blonde hair as Draco who could only be his mother greet Dumbledore pleasantly. Neither Lucius nor Draco even took the time, instead going on to take their seats towards the back. In fact, if the three had not walked in together he would not have placed this woman with the Malfoys.

The last two faces he recognized was not without an unpleasant stab of pain. He had seen Daphne's parents before. He'd even talked to them for a bit at the end of their third year. It was clear she'd inherited everything from her mother who looked like an older version of the blonde haired Slytherin he used to call a friend.

Used to being the keyword. Ever since he'd left Hogwarts he had tried to stay in touch with her but after a few initial letters it became clear to him that she was not at all that keen on staying that way. The last time he'd sent a letter Hedwig had come back with his letter still unopened. From that day onwards he'd simply stopped trying.

Still, he would be lying if he said he didn't miss his only real friend he'd had left in Hogwarts.

All the same, now was not the time to allow himself to be distracted for an unnatural hush settled over the court when his godfather walked in, still bound in those ungodly chains although…he had to rub his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things. Were those…pink?

Yes.

His godfather was bound in lurid pink chains.

Fleur started giggling next to him. Remus and Dumbledore were both looking on resignedly while the rest of the courtroom erupted into utter chaos, screaming bloody murder while the cause of all this was just standing there with an easy going grin surveying the proceedings while flanked between two utterly furious Aurors.

"SILENCE!" A voice roared directing everyone's attention towards the high table towards the front. Scimgeour…the new Minister. He was easily recognizable…Remus hadn't been lying when he'd said the new Minister looked like an old lion.

A battle scarred lion more like Harry mused silently as he gazed at the man. This was a definite improvement over Fudge.

"Mr. Black…" A female voice floated over the silence. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Long time no see Amelia." Sirius said casually, blatantly ignoring the rest of the high table and directing his attention at the rather stern looking redhead. "And these? I dunno, these were looking a bit too dull in my opinion, you don't mind do you?" He asked, rattling the chains.

He could see Remus pinching the bridge of his nose in front of him.

The woman, Amelia, nodded at the Aurors who made Sirius sit down in the chair at the middle. They also took the ridiculous looking pink chains off, hurriedly vanishing them into thin air before the chains attached to the chair sprang to life, binding him tightly.

"Are you Sirius Black, the last son of Walburga Black?" Scrimgeour asked.

"Seems so."

"Convicted of the murder of no less than 13 muggles over 16 years ago?"

"Yep."

"And how do you plead?" Scrimgeour asked, his hands clasped in front of him as he leaned forward.

"Not guilty." Sirius answered in a bored tone.

"Did you or did you not betray the Potters to he who must not be named?"

"I did not betray my friends to Voldemort." Several loud gasps could be heard from all around the courtroom.

"Records say that you were their secret Keeper."

"On the books, yes. But I convinced them to change after it was made official."

"Who was it then?"

"Peter Pettigrew. Thought it would be a good idea."

"Why?"

"Because I knew. I knew that I would be the first person Voldemort would go after to get to the Potters. No one would dream that we'd use Peter as the Secret Keeper. It seemed simple and effective at the time. We never knew he was Voldemort's spy all along."

"Pettigrew is dead." Scrimgeour said in a monotone. "You killed him."

"He's not." Sirius muttered, anger finding its way into his voice. "Pettigrew never died that night. He still lives to this day, serving his master."

"And how is that possible?" Scrimgeour asked, raising his voice over the loud mutterings of the crowd. "We have recovered the only bit of Pettigrew we could find."

"His finger." Sirius shrugged. "Peter was an Animagus. An unregistered one. That night on Halloween when I tracked him down he got the best of me. He cornered me in the corner of that street. Yelled for everyone to hear that I betrayed the Potters before casting a blasting curse at a nearby pipeline, causing the explosion that dragged those muggles in. He then bit off his own finger before escaping by turning himself into a rat."

"I have several eye-witness accounts that you never resisted arrest." Scrimgeour remarked pointedly. "You never told them any of this. In fact, some were saying you were laughing fit to burst when they apprehended you."

"Even if I said anything, who would've listened?" Sirius's voice broke slightly. "I could only remember the anger from that day…anger and loss. I had lost Lily and James. I had lost Harry by trying to avenge his parents. I let Peter get away. What did I have left? I was worth nothing…by that point I'd had enough. Azkaban…to be honest I thought I deserved it. To pay for what I've done. I may not have betrayed my friends willingly but in the end I played a large role in exposing them to Voldemort. That is something I was going to have to live with for the rest of my life."

"Sirius…" Harry whispered silently, a weight settling in his heart.

He never knew, he never questioned his godfather about that day.

The entire courtroom was silent after Sirius's words. It was clear no one was expecting to see this side of the notorious Sirius Black.

Scrimgeour cleared his throat. "If that is so…what made you break out?"

Sirius smiled humorlessly. "Peter. I had been keeping track of Harry's life as much as I could. Through the papers…by chance…a paper that I managed to get from Fudge three years ago showed the Weasleys on the front page. And there…I saw him. I saw Peter…or more specifically, the rat on the youngest son's shoulder. I couldn't stand letting Peter be around Harry and I wasn't going to let that piece of vermin do anything to harm him."

The courtroom fell silent again for a few moments before Scrimgeour stood up.

"Are you willing to be questioned under Veritaserum?"

"I am." Sirius's voice rose slightly. "However I have one condition." At Scrimgeour's nod he continued; "You cannot ask me anything more than what is needed to prove I never betrayed the Potters or committed those murders."

"That can be problematic Mr. Black…" Scrimgeour began. "Since your escape-"

"-I have been watching over my godson and spending time with his family in France where people don't get chucked into prison without trail." He snapped. "If you want to hear about the adventures we had there you'll have to wait for the book."

"B-"

"It is a request that Black is well within his rights to request Minister." Dumbledore's voice cut in making everyone turn towards him as he stood up. "If upon questioning Black turns out to be guilty I'm sure circumstances could change. But right now he is innocent until proven guilty…am I right Ms. Bones?"

The woman coughed before answering; "Correct." Scrimgeour looked like he'd just swallowed something extremely bitter but gave a curt nod before sitting back down.

"Very well then…administer the potion."

"All those in favor of clearing Mr. Sirius Black of all charges?" Harry couldn't stop the smile that was spreading across his face as he watched the jury. Almost all hands were up.

Sirius was making no effort to hide his triumphant smirk either.

"Very well. Sirius Black, cleared of all charges and as such his lordship reinstated." Scrimgeour said tiredly before getting to his feet. "On behalf of the Ministry we extend a formal apology and a compensation of-"

"Yeaaah…no thanks." Sirius waved his hand dismisively, getting up and stretching widely. "I'm done here. Now…" His smile became warmer as he turned towards the group of people approaching behind him. "Where's my cute godson?"

"Shut up." Harry muttered halfheartedly as he allowed himself to be scooped into a tight hug. Sirius merely laughed, lifting him up off his feet much to his chagrin while Fleur and the rest of the Delacours watched in amusement.

"The dog's on the loose again eh?" Remus commented idly before he too embraced the ex-convict when he'd put Harry down.

"I'm going to miss having to be a dog most of the time now." Sirius returned, his eyes twinkling merrily as he waved at the Dementors that were silently gliding away flanked by Aurors. Behind them the crowd was thinning out except for a few people who were sticking around.

One of the first to leave were the Malfoys although to Harry's surprise, Mrs Malfoy again surprised him by coming to congratulate Sirius. Of couse, both father and son had disappeared with the crowd.

For the briefest moments their eyes met when the woman turned away from his godfather. He was met with a calculating stare, as if she was sizing him up. Then without a word she was gone, blending in with the crowd.

"Looks like 'e's enjoying ze attention." Fleur murmured as she joined him a little ways away from the crowd that was gathered around his godfather, leaning against the wall next to him. For once the two of them were out of the 'big picture' so to speak. It was actually nice to watch someone else get harassed…well, Sirius did seem to be enjoying it.

"Of course he is." He snorted before his lips curved into a smile. "Although he deserves it. It must feel nice to finally be a free man….well, here at least."

"You sound as if you don't know what eet's like."

"But I'm not a free man am I?" She tilted her head in confusion, a gesture that she seemed to have picked up from him.

"Why not?"

"I am shackled to a rather pretty Veela." He grinned when she poked him playfully, giggling when he retaliated by pulling her to him, tickling her neck.

"Zat one was 'orrible." She chided before sighing softly as she leaned back against him, allowing him to wrap his arms around her waist from the back as they fell silent, watching the proceedings.

He had to admire his godfather though. Dealing with people was never his forte, something which had become even more reinforced over the past couple of years. If he'd been forced to deal with the crowd Sirius was right now, he'd be in panic.

"Huh…" He murmured after a while, watching as the crowd of people around Sirius never seemed to get thinner. It was one thing to congratulate a man of proving his innocence but from what he could see, the people talking to Sirius seemed to have a lot more to say."I didn't know he was that popular."

"'E is ze last Black non?" Fleur asked thoughtfully.

"Yeah?"

"And zey are one of ze oldest purebloods in zis country…" Fleur trailed off, giving him a meaningful look.

"Oh…" He muttered, his eyes narrowing with distaste. Why wouldn't these people try to curry favor with the man who they'd, just hours ago, tried to condemn to a Dementor's kiss? "Well…hope he knows what he's doing."

"'E does." She said lightly before gasping and covering her mouth for a split second.

"Oh…and how do you know that?" He asked with a smirk, twirling her around so he could face her. His smirk grew wider when he saw her determined face as she stared stonily back.

"I don't." Her eyebrow twitched slightly making his smirk grow even wider if possible.

"What are you hiding?"

"Nozzing." The way her eyes avoided his gave him all the confirmation he needed.

"You're in cohorts with Sirius about something aren't you?" He asked in an accusing voice. He knew it was a shot in the dark but was immensely pleased with the lovely red tint that she got on her face.

"N-no. Stop."

"What're you two scheming?" He asked without missing a beat. She glared at him which only served to increase his amusement.

"Nozzing! I don't know anyzing! I-" He couldn't help it as he started chuckling. She always said he was the worst liar alive but she was giving him some strong competition. "I said stooooop." She whined, burying her head in his chest. "I don't want to say, eet's somezing Sirius wanted to tell you 'imself."

"You don't have to." He'd finally managed to stop laughing, his smile becoming gentle when she peeked up at him. "I trust you two…well, you more than him." He added with a small shake of his head.

She merely went back to his chest. "You'd better." Came her muffled voice. He chuckled in response before they both relapse to their earlier state, quietly watching the proceedings.

"Is there a time when you two are more than arm's length away?" A familiar voice made them both look up.

"'Cause it sure doesn't seem like it." A second, identical one joined in.

"Not that we blame you in the slightest mate…I mean if I had one of her I'd never want to let go..."

"And if I had one of him." Harry did not like the look one of the twins shot him. "Oh sweet Merlin I would hold him so close that-"

"I'll take zat as a compliment monsieur Weasley." Fleur cut in as she smiled at the twins, resuming her earlier position as she leaned back into him.

"Yeah…no, I'd rather you never...ever…say that again." Harry growled making them laugh. "And for the love of Merlin George stop looking at me like that."

"But I'm just trying to imagine what you're like naked." George said innocently, increasing the hilarity while he groaned, hiding his face on her shoulder.

"But anyway, long time no see dear partner…"

"Our brother in arms-"

"One of the last few remaining warriors that fights the good fight!" Fred finished with a flourish leaving the couple grinning at the twin's antics.

"Partner?" Fleur asked curiously.

"Err…" Harry looked questioningly at the twins.

"Our shop mate!" George said happily.

"Weasleys Wizard Wheezes!" Fred added.

"Oh! It's finally open?" Harry asked to which the twins nodded enthusiastically. "Congratulations!" Fleur echoed the same to which they bowed deeply.

"You honor us milady."

"And you too dear sir."

"Can we visit sometime?" Fleur asked to which the twins suddenly looked offended.

"Well you two bloody well should!" Fred said indignantly.

"You two do own part of it so it's your duty!" George added.

"Unless of course Harry isn't the sharing type in which case sorry love." Fred added with a sympathetic smile at Fleur.

"Wait, what? I don't…own…no…" He shook his head. "I can't own any part of your shop!"

"Harry, mate…" Fred started. "It's only thanks to you that we even got to this point."

"What? The Triwizard money? I just gave it to you to help you two out!"

"That's right." George nodded sagely. "And we do not forget."

"So this is our turn to give back." Fred said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "But…"

"We're not giving back because we have to." George smiled. "We want to. Really mate, you put your faith in us when no one else would. This is the least we could do."

"Think of it this way, you invested your money. This is just the return!"

"But…" Harry couldn't get another word out before he was cut off by George.

"No buts. You own 20% of all profits. We've set up a separate vault for you at Gringotts under your name. There's nothing you can do to change it."

He was going to open his mouth to protest but he received a mental nudge from Fleur making him stop in his tracks. With a sigh he nodded.

"I appreciate it." He said in a resigned tone.

"Cheers." Fred said with a grin. "Right, so now that's out of the way we have a bone to pick with you two…"

"…why were we never invited to the engagement party?" George asked in an accusing voice.

"Fleur didn't let me." He responded without missing a beat to which she hit his arm.

"Fleur…whyyyyy, I thought we were friends…." Fred whined.

"Zere was no party. 'E's lying…tell zem you're lying!" She turned to him making them laugh.

"But anyways, I believe well wishes are in order." George said importantly.

"Too right." Fred added. "So, here's hoping you two will have a long and happy life together."

"One without too much trouble." The couple stared expectantly at the twins who merely blinked back at them. That had been too…normal. It was actually quite nice.

"Th-" Harry began before he was stopped short by Fred who raised his hand silencing him as he turned to his brother.

"We forgot one last thing didn't we?"

"Oh my…we did."

"Many long nights of carnal pleasure." The two spoke in unison before bowing.

Yep…there it was.

"Erm…" Both of them had matching blushes on their faces as they looked at each other for a brief moment. Fleur cleared her throat before hesitantly saying; "Zank you…I zink."

"Our pleasure."

As time passed, the couple were growing to enjoy talking with the twins. It was hard not to…even for Harry who was now notorious for being rather unsociable unless with a select few. They were simply just so lively.

Fleur was smiling as she listened to him talking animatedly about Quidditch and new ideas for pranks with the twins. It had been too long since she'd seen him acting his age. While his refreshing maturity was one of the things she loved about him, it were the moments where he acted like this that she cherished the most. The moments where he displayed the innocence he'd lost.

She couldn't help noticing the wistful glances cast their way by the Granger girl and the redhead next to her. She could easily recognize the look on the little bint's face…something which was mirrored although in a much lesser intensity on the bushy haired girl's face as their eyes met for a few moments.

Those two seemed to resent her. She could feel her lips curving upwards as she leaned her head back into the crook of Harry's neck who absentmindedly tightened his hold around her prompting a rather alien surge of contentment to ignite within her. It was a very selfish form of contentment but her message to them was clear enough that they turned away as if burnt.

She was not one for gloating but certain things seemed to draw out the immature side of her…Harry being one of them.

Just when they were beginning to tire of the rather uneventful scenery it seemed Sirius had finally decided to step away from the limelight. Or rather dragged away by a very annoyed looking werewolf.

"If you're going to be an attention seeking prat from now on I'd rather you go back to being a wanted man." Harry drawled when his godfather finally reached the wide berth they'd been given from the rest of the party. The twins had finally excused themselves and left after making him and Fleur swear they'd come visit the shop before going back and since then the two of them had mostly been left to their own devices…which was a surprising yet welcome relief.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry for making you two wait." Sirius smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. "You know, I was talking to Remus…why don't we go out to celebrate? I've been dying to have to a sundae from Fortescue's."

"Well…" Harry trailed off looking at Fleur who was nodding excitedly. "Fine…"

"Oh come on…it's like my birthday today! You should be happy for me!" Harry merely rolled his eyes.

"You planning on using that the whole day eh?"

"As long as I can milk it." Sirius smirked. "And I know she likes the place."

"Don't you drag me into zis Black…" Fleur started when he immediately cut in;

"We could just go to the leaky cauldron if you don't like it."

"No!" Fleur almost shouted. "I mean…" she cleared her throat. "Florean's is nice." She continued in a quieter voice, her cheeks flushed.

"There we go! Now what kind of an unfeeling person would deprive a young woman like this her needs." He commented triumphantly, grinning at the resigned expression on Harry's face.

"Yeah shut it…you made your point." Harry sighed.

"What about my parents?" Fleur asked, glancing over at them who were off in a corner talking to Dumbledore and Minerva.

"I asked but I can't change Dominique's bloody mind." Sirius grumbled. "And Apolline's still a bit worried about Gabrielle and wants to take her home. I dunno…see if you two can talk some sense into them and meet back here, I gotta find Moony. Come find us when you're done yeah?"

"Alright." With that he disappeared back into the crowd.

"Ready to say hello to your former teachers?" Fleur asked teasingly as they slowly started towards her parents.

"Well…" Harry swallowed nervously. "I did do well in my N.E.W.T's…didn't I?"

Needless to say, his nervousness was unfounded.

To say he wasn't shocked when he was hugged in greeting by the stern Gryffindor Head would be an understatement.

"Careful now Minerva…" Dumbledore murmured, his eyes twinkling as bright as ever. "The lad's not used to this side of you."

"Be quiet Albus!" Professor? (it didn't feel right to think of her as just 'McGonagall'…or Merlin forbid, 'Minerva') McGonagall chided. "It's not always I get to congratulate my former students on their union. Now…Miss Delacour?" Fleur raised her eyebrow at her. "I know Potter here is a handful. You certain you're up to the task?"

"Oui Madame." She fired back almost immediately. Professor McGonagall surveyed the young woman for a few moments as she held her gaze before smiling thinly which made Harry breathe an internal sigh of relief.

He knew that smile. It was one of approval.

"Very good. Now…Mr. Potter." He immediately stood up straight which made her smile grow while Dumbledore coughed quietly…although he was quite certain it was a disguised chuckle. "Make sure you treat her well. You're far more lucky than you realize."

"I know." He said softly, his head bowed slightly as he felt Fleur's hand squeeze his gently.

"I was very pleased with your Transfiguration results as well." He looked up to see her surveying him with pride. "Self taught I presume?"

"Well…I had help from Fleur…" He muttered embarrassedly.

"Still…there's no doubt you've inherited your father's flair for the subject." She shook her head exasperatedly. "Thankfully without the dose of arrogance."

He didn't know how to respond to that, choosing instead to smile uncertainly. Thankfully Dumbledore seemed to notice his discomfort as he cleared his throat; "Well Monsieur and Madame Delacour, it would appear that we have taken up enough of your time. If I could-"

"Yes." Dominique cut in shortly although not unpleasantly. "We can discuss further about it at your leisure. Feel free to send me an owl." Dumbledore bowed his head in affirmation, the familiar twinkle back in his eyes as he moved to bid his farewell to Apolline and Gabrielle who'd awoken and was watching the old wizard shyly.

It seemed not even the supreme Mugwump was immune to the little girl's charms as when he'd turned away, Gabrielle was holding a chocolate frog which she was unwrapping eagerly.

"Professor Sinistra and Hagrid sends their regards." Professor McGonagall smiled at Harry after she too had said her goodbyes to the Delacours. "I daresay she missed having you in her classes more than I did."

"That hurts professor." He quipped, grinning as her smile widened, making a mental note to send his ex-professor a letter. To be honest professor Sinistra one of the things he missed most about Hogwarts as well. She'd always looked out for him, what with the tutoring she gave him to catch up and especially during his final year at Hogwarts when there weren't many people he was talking to.

He did notice how Fleur's smile became rather fixed at the mention of her.

It was the same smile she'd started having recently whenever the topic of Daphne was brought up as well.

Something told him this was not something he could confront her directly about. Perhaps Aurélie or Caroline could shed some light. It had been a while since he'd last written to them.

"Well Harry? I did promise you I will personally see to your godfather's release." Dumbledore said jovially, finally turning to him after offering his congratulations to Fleur who was now conversing with professor McGonagall and her parents quietly a bit off to the side.

"Thank you." He said gratefully to which Dumbledore waved his hand airily, his eyes softening as he gazed at him.

"I hope you found what you were looking for in Godric's Hollow."

"I did." A moment of silence passed between them.

"Were you satisfied?"

"No." He said with a rueful smile. "But I've realized I will not gain anything by dwelling in the past." He chuckled when his eyes caught Fleur's who was watching them curiously before blushing and looking away when she realized she'd been caught. "Besides, I have a future I'd like to see unfold."

"Good." Dumbledore smiled. "Good! That is how it should be. And…" He grasped his shoulder reassuringly. "When you feel up to it…when you are ready to begin the path we were both set on…I will be here, waiting."

"Thank you sir." Harry muttered quietly.

"Hogwarts will always be open to you and your family." Dumbledore said softly before straightening up. With a final wave he and professor McGonagall had gone, blending into the crowd that was slowly filing out of the courtroom.

"That man always speaks in riddles doesn't he?" Dominique murmured softly, putting his arm around his wife just as Harry did the same unconsciously with Fleur who'd sided up beside him.

"What was all that about? Before?" Harry asked curiously as they started walking towards Sirius and Remus who were still milling around at the center with the Weasleys and some Order members.

"As far as I can tell he's doing what everyone else in this room were doing with Sirius." Dominique said with a smirk. "Making friends….forming connections." He clarified at the puzzled look from Harry "Only he was being a lot more subtle. The man's too cunning for one his age. And that damned twinkle! Is he using a spell or something?" He suddenly growled indignantly causing them to burst out laughing.

"What're you lot giggling about?" Came Sirius's annoyed voice as they drew nearer. Harry couldn't help smirking at the less than pleased look Mrs. Weasley shot at them, him in particular. He'd long since stopped being bothered by the actions of the Weasley matriarch, instead finding them rather funny to be honest. Beside him he felt more than saw Fleur grinning telling him that she'd noticed the same thing.

"Your track record with women." Dominique deadpanned.

"Oh ha ha…" Sirius said moodily, elbowing Remus who was smirking beside him. The Weasleys and the rest of the Order had started to make their way towards the doors. "So? You reconsidered?"

"I can't." Dominique said regretfully. "I have to get back to work Sirius…I had to send back my Aurors as well, apparently there's a few things that need my attention."

"Fine." Sirius grumbled. "And I don't suppose you're going to come?" He asked, looking at Apolline who grinned.

"What? Leave my children alone wiz you two?" She asked, ignoring the indignant 'What have I done' from Remus. "Plus…" She ruffled Harry's hair with her free hand who immediately started trying to tame it with a low growl making the onlookers chuckle. "I'm not letting zis one out of my sight for as long as I can 'elp eet."

"Can I at least change-" Harry began to ask before being cut off by a stern 'no' from both Fleur and Apolline.

The whole way from the Ministry to Diagon Alley Harry refused to loosen his stony face.

Hermione sighed miserably, gazing at the clock for the umpteenth time as the rain continued on outside.

When were they going to come back? Are they going to come back? He wouldn't leave today would he? Not right after his godfather's trial? There was going to be a dinner later in celebration so he should come for that at least right?

"Read a book or something will you?" An annoyed voice came from the corner of the dark room making her glance over.

"Weren't you just complaining a few weeks ago that we hardly ever talk anymore? That I have my nose buried in one book or another." She asked with a smirk.

"Rather have that than this." Ron muttered darkly, never taking his eyes off the chessboard.

"For once I'll agree with my brother." Ginny who was sitting across from him chimed in as she moved her pawn forward. "You're acting worse than me."

"I'm not!"

"He'll be back when he's back." Ginny muttered. "And besides…" Her tone grew icy. "I doubt you'd be able to get him away from Phlegm long enough to actually talk so I don't know why you're even trying."

"Ginny…" She sighed softly, rubbing her temples. "For the love of Merlin will you let it go about that girl…"

"She's a Veela Hermione!" Ginny snapped. "And don't tell me you didn't notice that smug look on her face when she saw us that time. If I get my arms on that woman I'd-" She shook her head in disgust.

It had been like this ever since yesterday. Ginny seemed to consider every moment she didn't insult Fleur Delacour a waste. "Don't be so petty."

"And you don't act so high and mighty!" The redhead growled, jerking the chessboard so violently that Ron let out an indignant 'hey!'. "You hate her as much as I do but you act like you don't just so you can crawl back to him. You're as bad as she is!" She yelled the last part before capsizing the board and storming out, slamming the door shut behind her.

Silence reigned for a few moments before Ron cleared his throat. "Well…that escalated quickly."

"Oh well spotted." Hermione said sarcastically.

"Seriously though…you two have been snapping at each other without warning a lot. What the bloody hell's going on?"

"She thinks I'm taking Delacour's side over hers." She sighed, lying back down on the bed.

"Are you?"

"No." She sighed again. "I don't know. All I'm saying is we have to accept the fact that she's going to be there with Harry always…even if I still don't understand how or what happened between those two to get to that point. Ginny seems to think it can be changed."

Ron laughed. "I can't believe she still hasn't given up. What about Corner and Boot? Or Dean? I thought she was finally over it."

"Seeing him again probably made them pale in comparison." She said quietly, remembering the Harry she'd seen today compared to the one she remembered long ago.

Every time she caught sight of him her breath would quicken, a fluttering would arise in her stomach whenever she saw his unnaturally bright green eyes.

She'd never even thought to call a boy anything more than a simple 'attractive'. But for Harry it felt like there was just an unearthly beauty about him. He looked so different now…delicate yet rugged, also there was an almost predatory grace about him that made her see him in a rather impure light

It certainly didn't help that he'd picked up a slight lilting accent.

Who was she kidding; she envied Fleur Delacour from the bottom of her heart. It was such a foreign emotion that she really wanted to get rid of.

"Oi…Hermione!" Ron snapped his fingers loudly. "You just started staring off into the distance…"

"Oh!" She blushed slightly, glad that the room was dark enough to hide it. "I was just err-remembering something from a book I read."

It was at time like this that she praised whatever deity had blessed(?) Ron with his episodes of cluelessness as he took her explanation without complaint.

After that the two fell silent. Her watching the window while he set up the chessboard again and started playing with the pieces.

She'd only just started beginning to doze off when the familiar shrieking started, announcing new arrivals. Neither of the two tried to move until they heard Sirius's voice over the din. Exchanging a quick glance the two bolted outside.

"I'M FREE YOU CRAZY OLD BAT!" Sirius's gleeful yelling was louder than his mother's by a mile. "AND GUESS WHAT?! I'M GIVING AWAY EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING DOWN TO THE LAST DIRTY KNUT IN THIS HOUSE AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME."

This was followed by a resounding bang and a flash of light as Mrs. Back's shrieks immediately cut out, what was left behind was Sirius's laughter echoing through the house.

"Is Harry with them?" Ron asked doubtfully, peering over the railing as they tried to catch a glimpse of the group in the hallway.

"Yeah." She muttered, ignoring the sudden nervousness that washed over her. From where she was watching she could see his back turned, his shoulders shaking in what seemed to be silent laughter at his godfather's antics.

How would they convince him to talk to them? Especially now? There was next to no familiarity there anymore. What reason would he have to talk to them?

"Let's go?" Ron asked making her look at him. "Look, just like you said, we may not get a chance again…and I'd rather get it over with."

"Lead the way then." She said with a grin watching him splutter.

"You're the one who suggested this in the first place."

"Coward."

"know-it-all." She shook her head exasperatedly before sighing for what felt like the umpteenth time of the day.

"Fine."

They had not even reached the foot of the stairs when they ran right into him and Fleur who seemed to have just started up the stairs.

She immediately froze when she found herself looking back at him, whatever she had planned to say to him on the way down vanishing without a trace from her mind.

Ron was no help of course. His eyes had glazed over. Thankfully she had the presence of mind to reflexively elbow him eliciting a sharp 'ow'! that made the couple in front of them chuckle softly, effectively diffusing the somewhat uncomfortable situation.

Okay, so maybe Ron wasn't so useless after all.

"Excuse us." Harry murmured softy as he started moving up, Fleur closely following behind him.

They'd already passed her and Ron who were still standing there frozen when she quickly blurted out "Stop!" She immediately blushed when she saw the couple looking back at them. "I mean….Harry, could we talk for a bit?"

"About what?" He asked curiously.

"I-we, just wanted to…you know…" She glanced helplessly at Ron who swallowed.

"Catch up." He muttered lamely. An uncomfortable couple of seconds passed as they looked at each other, Harry's eyes shifting from Ron who squirmed to her.

He doesn't want to do anything with us. She thought sadly the second when her eyes met his. It was that same look he'd given her back at Hogwarts whenever she'd tried to make eye contact with him.

Then she saw Fleur lean closer to him, whispering something in his ear. She saw a slight twinge of annoyance in his face before it was gone as he sighed before murmuring something back in French which seemed to make her happy.

A slight pang of jealousy was immediately squashed when she saw Fleur give him a quick peck on the lips before continuing up alone leaving him behind.

"Alright I guess." He said quietly, leaning the wall with his arms folded. "Anything in particular you two wanted to ask me or…?"

"You mind if we go to our room? Ron's room I mean." She added quickly when she saw his raised eyebrow. "It's right there behind you."

He took a few steps back before opening the door.

"After you then."

Exchanging a quick glance with Ron she followed him inside, although the earlier nervousness was now back in full effect.

How does one mend a friendship when the person they used to call a friend was all but gone?

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

6.9K 242 25
Raven puts the vision he had last year in the back of his mind, hopeful towards the future. The Quidditch World Cup, and the Tri-Wizard tournament ar...
846 131 29
Vélane » Veela » French »»» Elize (E-LEES) Delacour, sister of Fleur Delacour, attends Hogwarts for her fourth year, attending at the school of Hogwa...
539 44 22
In his 4th year, Harry feels like he has lost everything while also fighting for his life in the Triwizard Tournament. However, he may find that, per...
54.9K 760 5
A Short little story involving Fleur and a Gryffindor Male Reader in his Fifth Year. The Golden Trio are in Fourth Year, so yes this is a Triwizard T...