Chapter 19

You alright?"

"Hm? I…yes." Harry muttered, pulling himself back with great difficulty from his thoughts as he fixed his eyes on Dominique who was frowning at him from his seat.

"I'm sorry you have to wait Harry, I'm sure today must have been a very tiring day for you but this…"

"It's alright sir, I like getting the look around." He said with a smile. Dominique grinned back.

"Of course. And if you're interested…of course my wife and daughter will want my head for this because they'll think I'm trying to make you an Auror…" He chuckled while Harry shook his head in amusement. "We'll be on our way just as soon I get these papers sorted out."

He nodded before walking up to the wanted poster at the back of Dominique's personal office which had different pictures of wizarding criminals with rewards underneath. Some of them were downright creepy, one even had a mask although it wasn't the same as the one used by Death Eaters. This one looked like he was wearing a mask straight out of a muggle horror movie.

It had been exactly 15 minutes since his exams had ended. Dominique had been waiting outside for him but just as they'd reached the ground floor he'd remembered that he had forgotten to do something and Harry thought he'd just tag along with Dominique to get a good look around the Auror department. They were going to be heading home soon and besides, Fleur wasn't expecting him to be done so soon, neither had counted on him being called up first for the Defense Against the Dark Arts practical.

"4 million galleons…" He muttered under his breath, reading the reward under the masked man and Dominique looked up just in time to see which face Harry had been staring at.

"4 million galleons if it's his dead body." Harry turned to him in surprise. Dominique got up, a stack of papers under his arm and crossed the room to where he was standing and stuffed the papers in between some books on the shelf nearby before coming to stand next to him. "7 million galleons if he's caught alive. We've had this place crawling with bounty hunters ever since last Wednesday. Normally I don't like involving them on this but with scum like this on the loose, I'm willing to use any help we can get."

Harry just stared in disbelief, such a huge amount. Not even Sirius was wanted for that much back in Britain and his 'crime' was supposed to be one of the worst. "What has he done?" He asked as Dominique went back behind his desk to pick up his briefcase. Dominique didn't answer immediately as he first opened the door and ushered Harry outside before closing and locking it. The offices outside were half empty and they were among the last to leave.

He sighed as they started down the darkened corridor towards the lift. "The worst of the worst…rape, murder, a tendency to take trophies of his victims. He makes the Death Eaters seem tame. Oh yes, he's not a Death Eater." He added at Harry's startled expression. "You don't honestly think the world is divided between the light and Death Eaters do you?"

"No…no of course not." Harry replied, slightly ashamed because he had initially thought this was a Death Eater.

"There are worse, much worse groups than the Death Eaters Harry. In fact, there are some who make Voldemort and his supporters look like misguided vandals by the atrocities they commit. This man is a prime example…only targets young women and children. The scale is huge, this man has never been caught and he has been the cause of the deaths of 7 of our finest Aurors." Closing his eyes he let out a deep breath before sighing. "Let's not talk about this…" He muttered before asking, "How were your exams?"