Apricity {Jasper CullenxMale...

EmeraldLuna14 tarafından

Apricity (N.) the warmth of a winter sun. When his mother dies suddenly, Kova Beckett finds himself being ta... Daha Fazla

Character Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 9

2.6K 126 5
EmeraldLuna14 tarafından

"Volturi?" Kova asked, swallowing nervously.

"They're a sort of... unofficial royalty," Jasper explained. "Self appointed leaders... and executioners." His face was set grimly, Kova got the idea he didn't like them much.

"Judge, jury and executioner all rolled into one hardly seems like a proper justice system," the werewolf muttered, and Jasper couldn't argue with that.

"Are you immortal?" Kova questioned, and Jasper nodded. "How old are you?"

"160," the vampire responded casually, and Kova's jaw dropped. "I was 19 when I was bitten."

The werewolf tried to let that settle in his mind, but it just bounced around in there instead. The gorgeous, young looking man in front of him had seen over a century and a half of life on this planet. Stuck at 19. It was utterly insane. Stiles was going to love this.

"So you have to be bitten, to become like you," Kova observed, and Jasper nodded again. "What happens? How do you change?"

The werewolf thought back to his own change. There were two types of werewolves that he was aware of... the ones that were born, like the Hales. And the ones that were bitten, like him, Scott, and Liam. Bitten wolves didn't know the bite was effective until the first full moon, and their first transformation. Although, if they were bitten and didn't die, it was glaringly obvious that it had obviously worked.

"To become a vampire, you must be bitten by one," Jasper started, "then the venom spreads. It's excruciating, and usually takes a few days. But once complete, you're frozen at the age you were bitten."

"Does everyone survive the bite?" Kova asked, thinking of the risk of a werewolf bite.

He considered the pain of the vampire transformation. The first change hurt like a bitch, for a werewolf, but every one after that was painless. And the bite... the bite didn't hurt more than any other would.

"No," Jasper answered gravely. "The older you are, the less likely you are to survive it. But there's always a risk."

"The same as a wolf bite," Kova muttered under his breath.

"Interesting," Jasper observed, his eyes firmly on Kova. Gauging his every reaction through his gift. All he sensed now was that ever constant curiosity. "Are you immortal?" Jasper repeated Kova's earlier question.

"No," he answered, and Jasper's heart sank a little at the news. "What is the extent of your... powers?" He asked in return.

"Speed, strength... all of our senses are heightened," Jasper ticked the list off with his fingers, "Smell, sight, hearing."

"And your weaknesses? How are you killed?" Kova asked, knowing it was a morbid question- but an important one. And then something else popped into his mind. "What about what you did to me today?"

Jaspers eyes seemed to darken, and his face turned grave once more. Several images of the vampires he'd killed in the war with his own bare hands flashed through his mind.

"The only way to kill our kind is to tear us apart and burn the pieces," he said flatly, "otherwise, we have no weaknesses besides the Quileute wolves' teeth."

Kova's head snapped up at the mention of wolves. There was a niggle of familiarity in the word 'Quileute', and Kova filed that away for later.

"There are wolves here?" He asked, instantly on alert.

"They're not like you though," Jasper said, his head tilting as he surveyed Kova. "You're different. We've never encountered your kind before."

"You mean they're born?" Kova stood up now, "We have born and bitten wolves."

His brain was going into overdrive. If there was a local pack, he needed to meet them. Needed to make sure they knew he wasn't a threat, that he wasn't encroaching on their territory. Everything Derek had ever taught him about pack relations flashed through his mind. Would they let him stay without joining them? He couldn't bear to join any pack other than his own. He just couldn't. He may have moved away from Beacon Hills, but they're still his pack, still his family.

"They're born, yes... but they're not like you," Jasper repeated, eyes searching the others face. Kova let the wolf surface for a moment, his eyes glowing yellow, his fangs elongating, and Jasper's eyes sparked with fascination. "Incredible," he breathed, breath hitching momentarily. "The Quileutes are native to forks, they've been here for generations. They're more... shapeshifters than werewolves I suppose."

"I need to meet them," Kova said seriously, and then something occurred to him. "You never answered my question. What did you do to me earlier?"

Something flickered in Jaspers eyes, but he hid it well.

"Our kind, some of us- we have extra... abilities," he explained wearily, as if expecting a negative reaction. "Edward can read thoughts," Kova's jaw dropped at that. "Alice, my sister, she can see the future," if his mouth wasn't already open, it certainly would have dropped open then.

"And you?" Kova inquired when he didn't continue.

"I can both sense and manipulate emotions," he said slowly, cautiously.

Kova sat back down, that made so much sense. The soothing feeling he felt in class when Jasper touched his hand, the comfort he felt. The calming sensation in the woods at lunch. How... interesting. The werewolf once again found his eyes drawn to the southern vampire in front of him. He'd stayed still as a statue throughout their discussion, his hands clasped behind his back. It struck Kova then that he looked military in his stance. In fact, he'd looked like a soldier more than once today. In the hard set of his gaze when he'd been explaining difficult truths, in the ready way he held his hands, as if always prepared to strike. In the way he could fade into the background despite possessing beauty that made him stand out.

"You're military," Kova observed, and a ripple of shock passed over the vampires face. And then a small, crooked smile grew on his lips.

"And you're very observant," Jasper accused, and his eyes sparkled. "I was once," he admitted.

He sucked in a breath, prepared to relay the story of his change, how he became what stood in front of Kova now. But the wolf held up a hand as he stood, halting him.

"You can tell me when you're ready," he said, as if sensing Jaspers reluctance. "We should probably get to know each other like normal people before we get to the deep stuff," Kova smirked lightly.

Jasper rose a brow, his crooked grin still in place, "Oh, so you want to get to know me, do you?"

Kova bit his lip, tilting his head and shrugging in an attempt to hide that he absolutely wanted to get to know the vampire. But seeing as Jasper could read emotions as well as Kova could sense them on the air, he knew it was pointless. There was a whoosh and then the vampire was only an inch away from him.

"I'll tell you whatever you want to hear, darlin'," He murmured, his voice hot and low.

Kova shivered and smirked, meeting his scorching gaze head on. "I'm not sure why, but I believe that."

Jasper's smiled widened, and it was downright dazzling.

"Definitely trouble," Kova murmured, licking his lips. He couldn't help glancing down at Jasper's mouth for a moment, and asked in a soft voice, "do you have any questions for me?" He flashed his yellow eyes at the vampire for emphasis, and he was sure he saw heat flash in his eyes.

"How long have you been a wolf if you were bitten?" He asked, his sweet breath invading Kova's senses.

"Two years now," Kova responded, his tone low.

"What are your abilities?" He asked just as quietly, and Kova knew the weakness in his knees was because of the beautiful vampire's close proximity.

"Speed... strength, rapid healing... enhanced senses," Kova listed, his eyes flickering down to the others lips once more. "And... we can scent emotions," he bit his lip, "but I can't scent yours."

Jasper's eyes searched Kova's, his smirk at the knowledge evident.

"It's rather frustrating," The werewolf admitted, biting that plump bottom lip of his again.

"Is it?" Jasper wondered, leaning a little closer unconsciously. His hands itched to reach forward and grab Kova's waist to pull him in.

"I don't like being at a disadvantage," Kova's voice came out in a purr, lashes fluttering.

"I knew you were smart," Jasper whispered, his smile widening.

"Yeah?" Kova breathed, swallowing thickly.

The two of them were being drawn together like magnets. The air felt charged, electrical between them. If either one of them leaned forward even half an inch, their lips would meet. The prospect was nearly intoxicating to them both.

They sprung apart as Kova's ringtone blared from his pocket, loud and insistent.

They were still standing closely, and the heat buzzing beneath Kova's skin hadn't dissipated with their minor separation. The werewolf fumbled for his phone, clicking the answer button without checking to see who was calling.

"KOVA!" His name was shouted instantly, and the werewolf flinched. His his best friend was loud.

"Stiles," he answered between his teeth. "You know I hate it when you do that."

"It's vampires man!" He insisted, and Kova could practically see the boys hands twitching with pent up energy. "You weren't answering your phone! We thought-," but his voice cut off there.

"Kova," Derek's serious voice echoed down the line, and Kova's eyes closed briefly. The voice of the alpha was gruff, but he could hear the worry beneath the surface.

"I'm okay Derek," Kova said instantly, knowing he needed to hear it.

"Do you need us? We can be there in a few hours at most," he responded, and Kova could picture him pacing away from the rest of the pack as he spoke, his eyes searching for an answer that he couldn't see.

"I'm not in any danger," Kova said, glancing up at Jasper's honey eyes. "I promise."

As soon as he said the words, he knew it was true. If it wasn't, Kova's wolf would be on high alert. But his wolf, god, his simping wolf had never been more content than it was in the vampires presence right now. Jasper jerked his head to indicate the path back, and started walking as Kova trailed after him. And if the werewolf's eyes were on Jasper's perfect ass... that was his business.

There was a long pause on the other end of the line, and Kova could hear Stiles' voice asking what was going on in the background.

"Kova, I'm going to need to hear you say it," Derek's voice was hard, lethal. As it always was when he thought one of his pack members was in danger.

Kova sighed, knowing Stiles was just going to love this, but hating having to use it anyway.

"Oh my god- Code Ewok," Kova said in a resigned voice.

Jasper looked back and rose a brow, biting his lip to stifle a laugh at the look on Kova's face.

Derek's dramatic sigh spoke volumes down the line, as did Stiles' outburst of triumph. They all regretted letting Stiles pick their code words, for this reason exactly.

"I knew we'd regret it," Derek grumbled, and Kova snorted.

"We all knew we'd regret it," Kova agreed, and Stiles made an affronted noise in the background.

"And the vampires?" Derek questioned.

Kova's eyes were immediately drawn to the one walking in front of him. Jasper's face was carefully neutral and impossible to read, but he was watching Kova carefully as they reached the bike.

"Can I... call you back about that?" Kova asked through a put upon smile.

"You're with one right now, aren't you?" Derek asked in that flat way he was so good at.

"Uh huh," Kova responded, pursing his lips.

Derek sighed and the sound very much spoke the words "why do I surround myself with teenage morons?"

"Call me later," he breathed, and Kova chuckled.

"Will do Der, I actually really need to talk to you about... something," Kova smiled. "And thank you."

"You're still pack," Derek said simply, and every word rained true.

The alpha hung up, and Kova checked the time before sliding his phone back into his pocket. When he looked up, the gorgeous vampire was back on his bike, legs spread wide to accommodate the motorcycle between his thighs. His pants were pulled tight, clearly accentuating the muscles caged beneath.

"Fuck," Kova cursed under his breath, before remembering Jasper would be able to hear it.

"Ready to go home?" Jasper asked, the smirk in his voice not showing on his lips.

"Lord help me," Kova muttered as he approached the gorgeous vampire on the motorcycle for a second time today.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

56.2K 878 32
Eilijah is Carlisle's daughter from before he was turned. She went looking and got bitten too. She's been looking for him for years, what happens whe...
15.4K 243 23
After the death of her father, Laura and her family move to Forks, Washington so her widowed mother can be closer to her family the Uleys, members of...
753K 23.9K 60
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀01. she felt herself fall, fall, fall, into it's lovely embrace, night holding her hand. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀02. in which tomi dwyer, the girl allerg...
274K 8.4K 23
A boy who would live forever fell in love with a girl who wouldn't last the year. "if i loved you less, i might be able to talk about it more." --- ...