Losing Hope | {BOOK 4}

By DeanmonLover67

-BOOK 4 IN THE DAWSON'S DAUGHTER SERIES- ___ A new side of Ellie has come out to play, and the boys have to w... More

CAST
PART I
MOOD BOARD
1| Howling at the Moon
2| Lester
3| It's Over
4| Demon Cure
5| Human Again
6| Supernatural: The Musical
7| Fanfiction
8| Act One
9| Act Two
10| The LaCroix Family
11| Shapeshifter
12| Past Saving
13| Cass Has an Emergency
14| Saving Claire
15| The Massacre and Metadouche
16| Torturing Metatron
17| Charlie's Back
18| Dark Charlie
19| Charlie's Whole Again
20| The Dive Bar
21| 13-Year-Old Ellie
22| Hansel
23| Back to Normal
24| Cain's Back
26| Rowena
27| The Book of the Damned
28| Jacob Styne
29| House of Frankenstein
30| Charlie's Dead
31| Murdering the Stynes
32| Won't Miss
33| Making a Plan
34| A Date with Death
35| The Darkness is Free
PART II
MOOD BOARD
36| Saved by the Darkness
37| Defcon Screwed
38| Amos
39| Amos is the Darkness
40| Cursed Cass
41| Curing Cass
42| The Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast and Museum
43| Len
44| Sydney the Killer Babysitter
45| The Darkness is Coming
46| Crowley and Amos
47| God's Freaking Brother
48| Sam's Plan
49| The Darkness's True Intentions
50| Going to Hell
51| Lucifer's Back
52| Hard Conversations
53| Ironic Werewolf... or Not
54| The Kiss of Death
55| Deepest, Darkest Desire
56| Hand of God
57| Cat's Out of the Bag
58| Meeting with Crowley
59| Trapping Lucifer
60| Return of the Fog
61| Turns Out, Chuck Shurley is God
62| Force Beyond Human Comprehension
63| A New Prophet
64| Team Amos
65| God's Plan
66| The Sun is Dying
67| Plan B
68| Walking Ticking Time Bomb
69| Saving the Sun
PART III
MOOD BOARD
70| The Return of Mommy Dearest
71| Saving People, Hunting Things
72| Mother/Daughter Road Trip
73| Torture
74| Hide-and-Seek
75| Nazi Nutjobs
76| Hitler's Soul
77| Dean Killed Hitler
78| The Magic Word
79| Sweet, Sweet Alone Time
80| Supernatural Lockdown
81| Lucifer is the President
82| Arthur Ketch. British Men of Letters.
83| Sam and Dean Get Arrested
84| The Deal
85| Stubborn Ellie
86| Rough Morning
87| Memory Loss
88| The Spell Progresses
89| I Don't Know
90| Remembering Again
91| Emilie and the British Men of Letters
92| Tracking Down Kelly
93| Working with the Brits
94| Attempting to Save Kelly
95| Family Time
96| The Plan
97| The Future
98| Dead Hunters
99| Emilie's Brainwashed
100| Escaping Lockdown
101| Preparing to Fight
102| Inside Emilie's Head
103| Lucifer's Back... Again
104| Mother/Daughter Road Trip Part Two
105| Fight the Devil
106| Losing Everything

25| Killing Cain

73 6 0
By DeanmonLover67

Dean peaked into the barn at Austin playing basketball, then turned back to me.

"So... if this works and we capture Cain, then what?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we co... if we come to it," I swallowed. "You know last week, when I said that I would go down swinging when the time came? I meant that I was at peace with that. I just didn't realize the time would come so soon, you know, like right now. I'm scared, Dean."

He grabbed my hand, pulling me against his chest and holding me there. I closed my eyes, clenching my jaw to combat the tremor that had started up as tears threatened to fall.

"Come on," he whispered after a few minutes, guiding me away from the barn.

Sam, Dean, Cass and Crowley worked together to get Cain in position in the Devil's Trap we'd put in the barn while I hung back.

"Cass, hey, you okay?" Dean asked him.

"I'm fine," the angel replied. "It worked?"

"Yeah," Sam nodded.

"My turn," I said.

"Ellie, look, we want to help," Sam piped up.

"No. No, with you in the ring, it'd just be a liability."

"Eleanor?" Cass pressed.

"I'd be too worried about what he could do to you... or what I could. Plus, I need you four out here to take care of whatever comes out of there. And I'm serious. I mean whatever comes out."

"Happily," Crowley said, holding out the First Blade. "What guarantee do I have that you'll give it back when you're done?"

"If I survive and I come out of there and I don't give it back, you'll have a much bigger problem on your hands," I admitted.

I took the Blade from Crowley, looking at it intently as red tendrils spread up my hand toward the Mark.

"Ellie?" Dean asked.

"I'm good," I nodded.

Walking up the stairs, I turned back to look down at the four men. Taking a deep breath, I opened the barn door and walked inside.

"Hello, Eleanor," Cain greeted me. "At a loss for words, my daughter. Allow me."

He started pacing, kicking away straw to reveal more and more of the Devil's Trap.

"This is the part where you tell me it's not too late and I can lay down arms, abandon my mission. 'We don't have to fight'."

"I'll spare us the formalities," I replied, walking toward the Trap. "You're past talking down. Cain, you're fully mental."

"Oh, I prefer to think I've finally gotten clear. When I made my bargain with Lucifer, killed Abel, I released a stain upon the earth, a stain deeper and far more lasting than mere precedence."

"Your bloodline's tainted, so you say."

"So I know," Cain stopped pacing. "Not all killers are my descendants, and not all my descendants are killers, but enough are, enough that I know that extinguishing them is the least I owe this world. Can you honestly tell me that humanity's not better off with fewer Tommy's and fewer Leon's... fewer you's."

"And the kid?" I quirked a brow.

"He could go either way. I prefer to be thorough."

I was standing at the very edge of the Devil's Trap as we stared at each other.

"How's it feel, Eleanor, to be holding the Blade again?"

I raised the Blade from my side, looking down at it.

"It feels like a means to an end."

"Then do it," Cain told me.

Stepping into the Trap, I made several attempts to stab Cain with the Blade. Cain evaded them all, throwing me to the ground. Getting to my feet, I tried once more with the same result. Punching Cain, I swung at him with the Blade, and he grabbed my wrist, both of us grappling for control of the Blade.

"That seems a bit weaker than I would expect from you with the Blade," Cain locked eyes with me. "I think you can do better."

I threw another punch, hitting him in the face.

"Unless..." Cain continued as I punched him again. "You're holding back."

I lunged at him, and he grabbed both my hands. We remained like that, struggling for the Blade.

"What is it, Eleanor? Do you think if you hold back just enough, you won't succumb? That you'll leave this fight the same as you entered?!"

With a shove, I was sent sprawling to the ground once more.

"Look to my example, girl! There is no resisting the Mark or the Blade. There is only remission and relapse!"

He punched me savagely, turning and walking a little ways away. I coughed before slowly rising to my feet.

"You told me this day would come," I said. "You told me that I would have to kill you."

"Is that so?" Cain smirked.

Holding out a hand, he flung me across the barn through a window.

"I'm afraid you misunderstood my intentions here, Eleanor. When your pet angel found my burial site, I thought about ending him and swatting him like a fly."

I got up, looking around the barn.

"But then I thought about you," Cain continued. "Your biggest weakness, the thing I noticed the moment I met you, your courage, your reckless bravado."

Finally, I spotted the Blade lying on the edge of the Devil's Trap.

"I let him go, knowing he would report back to you, knowing you would bring into battle the one thing that can kill me, the one thing I truly want."

We were both looking at the Blade then. I dove forward, trying to get to it, but Cain raised his hand, causing it to slide along the ground toward him. He stopped it with his boot, picking it up. The familiar red tendrils ran up his wrist as he held up the Blade.

"Oh, it's been too long," he inhaled. "That old feeling makes me wonder how I ever had the strength to resist."

I ran to attack him, and he grabbed me by the throat.

"This may be hard to believe, in light of what I'm about to do, but I care about you, Eleanor. I truly do. But I know I'm doing you a favor. I'm saving you."

"Saving me from what?" I choked out.

"From your fate."

Cain threw me across the room then.

"Has it never occurred to you?" he asked, kicking me onto my back. "Have you never mused upon the fact your living my life in reverse? My story began when I killed my brother, and that's where your story inevitably will end."

"No," I shook my head. "Never."

I groaned as he put a foot on my chest.

"It's called the Mark of Cain for a reason. First... first, you'd kill Crowley. There'd be some strange, mixed feelings on that one, but you'd have your reason. You'd get it done, no remorse. And then you'd kill your husband, Dean. Now that one... that I suspect would hurt something awful. And then!"

Cain lunged to the ground, kneeling over me and pressing the First Blade to my throat. As he continued, I noticed a knife tucked under his coat.

"Then would come the murder you'd never survive, the one that would finally turn you into as much as a savage as it did me."

"No."

"Your brother, Sam. The only thing standing between you and that destiny is this Blade. You're welcome, my daughter."

As he raised his hand to plunge the Blade into me, I grabbed the knife from his belt and cut off his hand at the wrist. He fell over, grabbing his wrist and blood spurted on the ground. Getting up, I grabbed the First Blade as Cain got to his knees.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"Tell me I don't have to do this," I said, tears in my eyes. "Tell me that you'll stop. Tell me that you can stop!"

"I will never stop."

I felt a tear roll down my cheek as Cain lowered his head. Raising my arm, I plunged the First Blade into Cain. Outside, thunder rolled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

710 59 13
Jovi Winchester never had a easy life, especially being born into a world of hunting. But her life got flipped upside down when her dad dies once aga...
395K 9.6K 37
(SLOW BURN) - ❝I've done things. Things I can't forgive myself for. And I don't want to tell you guys, because I'm afraid you won't be able to forgiv...
39.2K 974 17
"Your precious princess is dead. Long live the queen." ~Β°~ To save the world from the literal Biblical Apocalypse, Hunters Dean and Sam Winchester ha...
11.7K 686 23
Sam and Dean Winchester. Two of the most feared hunters on the planet. Castiel Novak. The most bad-assiest angel in Heaven. Together their team is c...