New Love

By Cole_Hazel

We all remember that first love. The one who we fell head over heels in love with who also destroyed us. When... More

Chapter 1: Emily
Chapter 2: Jay
Chapter 3: Emily
Chapter 5: Jay
Chapter 6: Emily
Chapter 7: Emily
Chapter 8: Jay
Chapter 9: Emily
Chapter 10: Jay
Chapter 11: Emily
Chapter 12: Jay
Chapter 13: Emily
Chapter 14: Emily
Chapter 15: Emily
Chapter 16: Emily
Chapter 17: Jay
Chapter 18: Emily
Chapter 19: Jay
Chapter 20: Emily
Chapter 21: Jay
Chapter 22: Emily
Chapter 23: Jay
Chapter 24: Emily
Chapter 25: Jay
Chapter 26: Emily
Chapter 27: Emily
Chapter 28: Jay
Chapter 29: Emily
Chapter 30: Emily
Chapter 31: Emily
Chapter 32: Emily
Chapter 33: Jay
Chapter 34: Emily
Chapter 35: Jay
Chapter 36: Jay
Chapter 37: Emily
Chapter 38: Jay
Chapter 39: Emily
Chapter 40: Emily
Chapter 41: Emily
Chapter 42: Jay
Chapter 43: Emily
Chapter 44: Jay
Chapter 45: Emily
Chapter 46: Emily
Chapter 47: Emily
Chapter 48: Jay
Chapter 49: Emily
Chapter 50:Jay
Playlist

Chapter 4: Emily

214 9 3
By Cole_Hazel

After class, I pulled my cell phone out of my bag and was surprised to see Jay's name on my screen.

Jay: For the record, the best doctor is Eccleston.

Part of me had feared that he had given me a fake number. So I was pleasantly surprised to see his name on my screen. I quickly typed out a response.

Emily: The only thing good about Eccleston was Rose Tyler.

Jay: Knife in my heart...but I do like a bad wolf.

A grin spread across my face.

Emily: hmmm.. good to know.

Jay: :o)

Jay: I'm still waiting for that address.

Emily: It's 705 S 17th. The Standard Apts.

Jay: No shit. The other party is in Standard as well.

Emily: Well, then you have no excuse not to stop by.

Jay: I don't need an excuse to see you.

I was beaming like an idiot as I made my way across the street, back towards the apartment.

Emily: Well, then. I will look forward to seeing you there.

Jay: Me too.

"You seem awfully happy," Mia said when I entered the apartment. "And you're blushing."

"I may have met this really hot guy and invited him to the party on Friday."

"Oh, do tell." Mia squealed. I quickly filled her in on how I had met Jay and instantly fallen for him.

"I guess you don't need me to set you up with Scott's roommate after all."

I knew that Scott was her boyfriend, but knew nothing about this roommate.

"What? No. I think I am good." I waved my hand in dismissal.

Mia shrugged. "Scott just thought it might be a good idea to introduce the two of you. Abe is cute in his own way."

"As promising as that seems, I will pass."

"Either way, you can meet him tonight and see if you change your mind. Scott said they would stop by later."

"I'll meet him, but I assure you, I'm not interested." I had my mind set on Jay.

"Oh, and Lucy has promised to hang out with us tonight along with Casey."

I had yet to properly meet Lucy. She seemed to always be on her way out or locked in her room and I knew Casey Smith from high school.

"Okay, I just hope Casey doesn't have a problem with me."

"Why would she?" Mia asked

"We didn't get along that great in high school and I kind of started dating Alex Parker after she did."

"Oh, that was ages ago. I'm sure she will be perfectly happy to see you."

I wasn't so optimistic. "I hope so.

"I can't wait for you to meet everyone on Friday. It's going to be so much fun."

I smiled and nodded. I couldn't wait to spend some time with Jay.

Later that night, I sat around the living room with Mia, Lucy, and Casey. Soft music played in the background as we sipped on our drinks and got acquainted. Lucy was a short Latina girl with curly black hair that she had pulled up into a messy bun. Casey had her long brownish blonde hair pulled back in a low ponytail and looked the same as I remembered. Lucy had been nice enough when Mia first officially introduced her to me, but she didn't really open up until Casey arrived. Apparently the two of them had become pretty good friends.

I sat on the loveseat, sipping on a beer, listening to the others reminiscing about previous parties.

"Remember the last party we had?" Lucy was saying.

"You mean the one where Ashley and Will broke the table by dancing on it?" Mia giggled.

"Then there was the one where Lucy almost cut that girl because she thought Jason was flirting with her." Casey added. I looked over at Lucy and my eyes widened.

"He most definitely was flirting and she was a slut." Lucy tried to defend herself.

"Not helping, Luce." Casey patted her arm and shot a nervous glance towards me.

"Wow, these parties sound intense." I hoped they were joking about Lucy cutting someone.

"They can get a little out of control sometimes," Casey said

"So, Lucy, how are things in the boyfriend department?" Mia changed the subject.

Lucy rolled her eyes. "Okay, I guess. I mean we haven't screamed at each other this week. But he has been so distant lately."

"Does the screaming happen before or after you threaten to cut him?" I asked.

She glared at me. "It wasn't him I threatened to cut. It was that slut who was flirting with him."

Okay, so she was serious. Note to self, don't talk to Lucy's boyfriend.

"Luce, no more cutting." Casey frowned at her.

"I won't be cutting anyone as long as they leave my man alone," Lucy said matter of factly.

I was starting to think that there was something off about Lucy.

Just then there was a knock on the door.

"That would be Scott and his roommates." Mia bounced over to swing open the door. Her boyfriend, Scott walked in followed by a guy with jet black hair and a guy with a shaved head. The guy with the shaved head brushed past the others and headed straight to Casey. He lifted her up and spun her around before kissing her soundly on the lips.

"Em, this is Abe and that is Seth, Casey's boyfriend." Mia introduced me.

"Hi." I smiled and waved.

"Hey there." Abe greeted me. He headed over and sat down on the couch beside me, tossing his arm over the back.

"Scott, you didn't tell me that Mia's new roommate was absolutely beautiful." He smiled.

"Um...Thanks." I said. Mia was right. He was cute in his own way. His black hair fell slightly in his face and his eyes were deep chocolate. He had a dimple in his left cheek when he smiled.

"Must have forgotten to mention it," Scott said, sitting on the couch with Mia.

"We were just catching Emily up on some of the epic parties she has missed." Mia leaned into Scott's embrace

"Oh, yeah?" Scott chortled. "Did you tell her about the karaoke battle night between Will and Abe?"

Mia laughed. "Oh man. That was so funny."

"Hey, I killed it." Abe popped his collar. I had to try my hardest not to roll my eyes at that action.

"Will would disagree." Casey chimed in.

"Maybe we should bust out the karaoke machine this Friday." Scott suggested.

"No way in hell will I sing any karaoke." I proclaimed.

"Why not? It's so much fun." Mia said

"I would have to be pretty wasted to sing anything." I was already overwhelmed in my new surroundings and I had no intention of embarrassing myself in front of so many people, hopefully including Jay.

"That settles it then," Scott said. "The karaoke machine has to make an appearance and we get to see how drunk we can get Emily."

"I am not okay with this." I shook my head.

Abe smiled at me. "I am up for it. What do you say?"

I glared over at him. He had somehow creeped closer to me on the couch. "There is no way I will sing."

"Guess we will have to wait and see." Abe winked at her.

Thursday morning I woke to a text message pinging on my phone. I reached for it with a groan. However, a smile broke across my face when I saw who it was from.

Jay: So that other party on Friday night is really starting to shape up. I may need a little extra incentive to drop by yours.

I smiled and bit my bottom lip.

Emily: What kind of incentives are you looking for? ;o)

Jay: Maybe the kind where you let me kiss you.

I re-read his text. Holy shit! How did I respond to that?

I knew I had to come up with something flirty to keep his interest. I wanted more than anything to know what his lips would feel like against mine.

Emily: Guess you won't know unless you show up.

Emily: Plus it will be my first real college party. You wouldn't want to miss that would you? I've heard these things become pretty epic.

Jay: First college party, huh... damn, yeah I can't really miss that, can I?

Emily: So I guess I will see you here.

Jay: Looks like it. ;o)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.9K 3.2K 30
Cadence leaves an abusive boyfriend after years of abuse. She wants to find love, true love, can't live without you love! Can she make it through the...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
10.9M 241K 66
#2 In Romance |May 1,2019| #1 In Teen Fiction |May 18,2019| ONLY AND ORIGINAL BOOK!!!! "What are we going to tell your brother?" He says, his breath...
2.1M 56.4K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...