The Stone Master, and The Bli...

By iheartMCentities

This is a legend from long ago, a tale about two beings of great power. One was a great creator, beloved by a... More

The Legend
The Ruins
Old Friends
A Shocking Discovery
The True Dungeon
Monster
Aftermaths, and Into The Past
Starting over
The Club House
Trouble At The Archives
Aftermath

The Scroll

33 1 0
By iheartMCentities

Sharks pov: Nathan and I had been walking for hours, currently we were eating some lunch under a maple tree. I was eating a PB and J sandwich while Nathan ate a ham sandwich.

“Hey Shark, how much farther do we have to travel until we get there?” Nathan asked with his mouth full of ham.

“First off, don’t speak with your mouth full, “I chidded. “Second, we still have a days worth of traveling left.”

“You’re kidding right?! A DAYS worth of travel! Why are we wasting time here!” Nathan yelled. I shook my head a little, but then realized something.

“Wait Nathan can’t you just teleport us there?”

“Oooooooohhhhhhhh yeeeeaaaahhhh… O forgot about that, hehe” He said, very much embarrassed. “Wait, where is the council room?”

“Well it keeps moving, so only my dad knows,” I said while facepalming. “So just teleport to my house, my dad will be able to set up a meeting and get us there likity split.”

“Ok, finish your food and let's go!” He replied cheerfully, excited to not have to be walking all day. After inhaling the rest of my sandwich, I stood up and felt the familiar sensation of being moved as my vision was flooded with purple particles. Once they cleared up I saw my living room and a very surprised God Steve.

“Hey dad, sorry for the unannounced visit, it’s kinda urgent.” I said, rubbing the back of my head nervously.

“Andrew? Is it really you?” He asked in disbelief. I nodded my head ‘yes,’ if im being honest I expected a scolding or a some other negative reaction. Instead he came over and enveloped me in a hug. “It’s good to see you son, I wish you’d visit more often, or al all! But you said your here on urgent buisness, what is it? And who’s your friend?” He asked. 

“Right dad, this is Nathan, he’s one of my best friends, along with Moose.” I introduced him and Nathan offered out his hand.

“It’s a pleasure and an honor to meet you sir.” He said. My dad shook Nathan hand and said,

“Green and Purple Steve kid right?” And Nathan nodded his head. “I know Steves are few and far between, but I’m glad to see their still happy and prospering.”

“As for that business, you might want to sit down for this dad.” I said, he looked confused, but took a seat anyway, and so did Nathan and I. “So myself, Nathan here, and Moose may or may not have discovered some ancient ruins that turned out to be a dungeon, which turned out to be the current ‘resting place’ so to speak of a certain Dungeon Master.” He stared at me with wide eyes, good thing I told him to sit down. And if he’s shocked by that piece of news, oh gosh he’s gonna have a heart attack after I tell him about this next part. “That’s not all,” I said. “You see, we didn’t go in at first because I wanted to get Granny to translate the writing on the ruins, she didn't want to come, but she volunteered someone who was at her house for some reason. He could easily read the writings, and um, is a member of the Circle of Creation.” My poor dad was white as a ghost, which is amazing considering his blue body.

“W-which one?” He stuttered, almost as if he were scared. Something was off, and I remembered what happened at the ruins, so I chose my next words carefully.

“The one who was best friends with The Dungeon Master.” No traps, no guards, nothing. I let out a mental sigh, but my father was shocked still and speechless. It looked as though he were trying to piece together what I said, turning over each word with careful deliberation. Finally he said, 

“So this urgent business, is it related to him, or The Dungeon Master?”

“The dungeon Master, sir,” Nathan replied. “We wish to free him from his petrified state, and the reason myself and Shark have come is to request access to the completed list of forbidden spells and magic.”

“And why is that?” My dad asked.

“So we can see if the spell The Dungeon Master used is on there, and hopefully find information to reverse the damage done to him.” Nathan explained, and very professionally might I add.

“And what if the spell isn’t on that list?” My dad asked.

“Well that’s why we have Moose and a new friend checking out the archives, to see if it’s listed among black magic.” I answered, being careful not to mention Sabre’s name.

“I see so you’ve thought this through have you?” Both Nathan and I nodded in confirmation to my dads statement. “Hmm, well the two of you are in luck, I was recently charged with watching over the scroll.” 

“Seriously dad?!” I shouted. If we didn’t have to face the counsel we could get the info easier now. I looked over to Nathan, and he’s just as happy and excited as I am. “HOWEVER!” My dad said, raising his voice. “The scroll can not leave my house.”

“What? Why would they give it to you if they dont trust you to leave your house!” I asked.

“Because times are different, the coincil and the circle are under different, stricker management. So you can look, take notes, copy the spell if you need to, but the scroll remains in my home ok boys?”

“Understood sir,” Nathan said.

“Andrew?”

“Yeah dad, I get it.” I said more angry at this new ‘leader’ than at my dad.

“Thank you, you're lucky I’m even letting you see this, be quick, and through, I have to return it in 2 days.” My dad said.

“Oh good, that's when we have to meet back up, we’ll be ready by then, don’t worry dad.” I said, giving my dad a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

”Well we have a lot of work to do, let’s get started!” Nathan said with stars in his eyes. And so our two days of rigorous study began.

(Time skip by clock boi)

Nathan’s pov: Myself and Shark were able to find 3 spells that we think are the one The dungeon Master used, or are close to it. Of course we wouldn’t even be able to read half of it if it wasn’t for Shark’s dad God Steve acting as our translator. We pretty much had all the info we needed, I was just jotting down side notes for each spell, hoping to find any clues.

“Hey man, how’s it coming?” Shark asked. I looked up and smiled at my friend and replied by saying,

“I’m doing good thanks. Just jotting down some final notes before we leave.”

“Ok, think we can leave after lunch?”

“Sure, as long as we get back sometime today we’re good.” I said, immediately after Shark mentioned food, my stomach let out a loud growl. I blushed in embarrassment as Shark laughed at the timing. Just then Shark’s dad called us into the kitchen for lunch. He had made grilled cheese sandwiches, Sabre would go nuts if he saw this. I don’t get his love of cheese, I mean yeah it’s good, but like I’m not obsessed with it. I swear he’s just like Moose and his moose milk when it comes to cheese.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

A set of loud knocking sounds were heard on the front door. Startled Shark and I crouched down, while God Steve went to look out the window. He turned stock still, and when he turned to us his eyes were wide with panic.

“Dad, what’s wrong?” Shark whisper shouted.

“You need to leave, NOW!” He answered, and pushed us into the other room where the scroll was.

“Wh-what’s happening?” I asked, growing more and more panicked and scared.

“HE found out you’re here, and he knows you're looking at this scroll and is NOT happy about it!>” God Steve quickly explained.

“Dad, what’s gonna happen to you?” SHark asked, concerned for his father.

“I’ll be fine, they can’t, won’t kill me.” He said in a calm manner. “I am the last member of the circle left alive. ” He said, putting air quotes around the word ‘alive.’ He took his finger and drew a circle around me and Shark, a teleportation ring. “Where to boys?” He said with tears pricking the corners of his eyes.

“The clearing where The Dungeon Master was found.” I said slowly, with tears also in my eyes.

“But-!” Shark wanted to protest, but his father hushed him with a hug.

“Shark, be strong my son. And please pass on a message to Elan for me. …” Shark nodded, tears streaming freely down his face. I couldn’t hear what God Steve was saying, but I could tell it was important. 2 more loud knocks sounded on the door, we were out of time. God Steve let go of his son and stood up walking out of the room, closing the door behind him.

“DAD!” Shark said, right before the door was fully closed. God Steve turned and looked at us, a single tear escaped his eye and flowed down his face.

“Thank you…” I said, he smiled, nodded and closed the door. The magic circle was ready, and the floor beneath us disappeared. We landed on our butts in a grass circle, surrounded by trees. Shark was full on crying now. I looked up from where we fell and heard the sound of a shattering door, and lots of shouts before the circle closed. I schooched over to my sobbing friend and hugged him, whispering words of comfort into his ear. Eventually his sobs turned to whimpers, and eventually he fell asleep. I waited and waited, but Moose and Sabre never showed up. I was getting extremely worried, but I didn’t want to wake up Shark. The sun had set and the moon had risen and there was still no sign of our other friends. I couldn’t wait one moment longer, I gently shook Shark’s shoulder and he woke up with a start and red puffy eyes.

“Sorry but Moose and Sabre still aren’t here and it’s night! I’m worried Shark.” I told him.

“You could have woken me up sooner you know, if you’re that worried, I don’t care.” Shark said.

“So-” I couldn't finish what I was saying because we heard a loud explosion. Both Shark and I turned our heads in shock and fear, only to see someone burst into the clearing beat up and bloody. 

“Help, Sabre, Fighting!” They said in between wheezes of pained breaths.

It was Moose! Sabre was in trouble!

To Be Continued…

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 182 37
There is a legend, an old one. Five remarkable heroes standing up and defeating and imprisoning the Corruptors in the void where they couldn't hurt a...
272K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
220K 6.3K 39
Ethan went to boarding school every year, he didn't love it but it was better than staying home. Every year it was the same, maybe some new classes b...
2.7K 116 10
Gods, supreme beings of immense power, often thought to be all knowing and all powerful. But little do people know, they are often just shadows of wh...