Starting over

"NO STOP!”
I paused, the sword stopped before it could pierce my chest. I could hear running footsteps coming right to me, and those voices, I knew who had seen me. My hands gripping the sword began to shake. I didn’t dare face them, I didn’t want them to see me crying and get the wrong idea.
“Sabre, please, don’t…” Nathan said in a calm and frightened tone. His tone broke my resolve, and I lowered the sword, dried my eyes, and turned around to face the very people I just left.
Moose had one normal eye and the other was red, I don’t think he noticed it,  but both were crying. Nathan looked scared and desperate, but also relieved that I lowered the sword. And Shark, he avoided looking at my face.
“Why did you follow me?” I asked.
“Why? Because we came to apologize silly,” Moose replied, smirking a little.
“Apologize? What for, I’m the one who messed things up again. So I’m leaving this life, to be reborn again later so I don’t hurt anyone else.” I said, trying to keep a level voice, but it did crack a little, bringing forth a new build up of tears.
“No Sabre don’t think like that, it’s my fault!” Moose said, also tearing up again. “I left you when you were breaking, I didn’t see your pain and I left you. I just wanted to help my friend, but I was so blinded by my long time friendship with these two that I ignored the new found friendship I had with you. I was also disoriented by all the new information, but that’s no excuse for leaving you alone, for making you feel as though you had to go, I’m so sorry!” He was crying now, but streams of tears accompanied by sobbed ‘I’m sorrys’. It made me feel worse for causing him this much worry and grief. But I was also confused, I didn’t think they would notice or care if I left, never mind having them mourn me.
“It’s not your fault Moose,” I said, bringing him in for a hug. “I told you to go, I was going to go regardless if you stayed or left. Please don’t blame yourself, that goes for you too Entity. I don’t blame either of you, I’m not mad at you. I’m glad you went after Shark, it shows you care, and I’m glad I was a part of that friendship.” Moose returned the hug and continued to sob into my shoulder, but I didn’t mind. Nathan came over and started rubbing Moose’s back to help calm him.
Shark stayed silent while we helped Moose calm down. When his sobs became little tired whimpers he got up and stood by Nathan’s side. He looked tired and relieved, but very tired, so Nathan wrapped an arm around him to give him support. I smiled at how close and supportive they were of each other. Then I realized Shark was still silent and turned my head to look at him. The second he saw me looking at him, he turned his head down, almost in shame.
“Look Sabre, I, I’m sorry too.” He admitted, head still down. “I blew up at you, I disregarded your emotions and feelings, I hurt you, I, I did everything others did to me when they found out about who I was.” I was shocked, I wanted to say something, but knew he wished to keep going, so I stayed silent and he continued talking. “I never realized that there was someone else who wanted to escape. Most people say I’m blessed with these powers, that I should be grateful, and it’s not like I'm not, it’s just, I hate the world I was born into. I hated it, all the fear, the monsters, the enemies, all those with power they were awful. The second I had the chance I ran and hid who I was, that was until I met them.” He gestured to his friends. “They saved me, they understood me, they trusted me, and gave me hope. They were also running, well Moose was running for a different reason but that’s besides the point. Point is their companionship and friendship is what saved me from our world, and I never wanted to go back. So learning what you said, really threw me for a loop, and I snapped. I was scared, I don’t want to get roped back into the world of powerful beings, I don’t want to risk them, or myself. But I never wanted you to kill yourself! What the heck was up with that?!” And he asked… great, now I’m busted for real.
*Sigh* “Well I wouldn’t have ‘died’ per say, I would come back, but much later.”
“And what are those around you?” Shark asked, pointing to my tools.
“These are mine,” I answered nonchalantly, hoping it would satisfy him. It didn’t.
“Sabre, the truth please,” I opened my mouth to say it was the truth but Shark clarified and said, “the WHOLE truth please.”
“Ok, ok *sigh* well they used to be steves, well two of them anyways.” This caught everyone's attention, even Moose and Nathan who had been keeping to themselves since Shark started talking.
“What? How?” Moose asked.
“WHat happened to them?” Nathan added.
“They were destroyed during the war, well they would have been, if they didn’t do this” I explained. I picked up The Galaxy Sword and said, “This is called The Galaxy Sword, and used to be Galaxy Steve, before he was practically destroyed by his other half, Void Steve.” I placed the sword back into my inventory and picked The Rainbow Pickaxe and sorrowfully explained how he passed. “This was once known as Rainbow Steve, he was one of my best friends alongside Lu-The dungeon Master. But sadly he got destroyed right in front of me. He died protecting me. Right before both were destroyed, they condensed their powers and sent it into whatever item I was holding. Which for Galaxy Steve was a sword, and for Rainbow’s it was a pickaxe.” Mentioning them brought back a whole slew of memories, their pufferfish obsession, Rainbow chasing Galaxy with a stick, the times we laughed together, we fought together, panicked together, I missed them. I also placed The Rainbow Pickaxe in my inventory and picked up The Origin. “This is not a former Steve, but it is what I used to create Origin Steve, and he used it to make the rest of the Steves.”
“Wait really?! That’s the thing that made all steves? Can we use it to make more?” Nathan asked enthusiastically.
“Yeah, but I’d need more energy to bring the population back to what it used to be.” Nathan seemed a little sad about that, as I put The Origin away for safe keeping. And finally I picked up The Shadow Sword. “Well you already know what this is called, and its effects. But what you don’t know is that there’s an evil version of me attached to the sword. It managed to take control of me once before, but ever since I sealed it away in the depths of the darkness, he hasn’t dared show his face. This is something I never wanted to tell anyone, but it’s the truth. That’s why, no matter what, if I drop this DO NOT pick it up! I don’t care how strong you are, you pick it up, and you will gain a shadow of your own. I don’t want anyone to go through what I did, never again.” I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw it was Sharks.
“Thanks for trusting us, for telling us Sabre.” Then he hugged me, and I returned it gratefully. Moose and Nathan joined in as well. We enjoyed each other's reassuring presence for many hours. The hug finally broke up at sunset.
“Hey one last question,” Nathan said, and I nodded at him. “So why here, why this field?”
“Oh that’s because this is the battlefield where most of the war took place, it’s also the sight of the final battle.” I said, like it was nothing.
“Wait really!” Nathan said looking around and at his feet like he was standing on holy ground.
“Oh so THAT’S why you’ve been quiet Entity, you’re trying to keep me from seeing your past fights here.” Moose pointed out, and the red eye disappeared.
“Wow, I had no idea…” Shark said distantly. “Is this the last spot where you had seen The Dungeon Master?”
It took me a few extra seconds to answer Shark’s question. “No, not here.” I said blankly, “if you would like to see, follow me.” And I turned around and walked off back into the woods. And I could hear my 3 friends following close behind. The 3 of us walked a little ways away until coming into a clearing. I stepped in and the others followed, then I stopped at the center. Kneeling down I parted some grass and uncovered a circle of stone. The others moved in front of me to get a better look, and I looked up to see their confused faces and said, “This is where he turned to stone. I stood a few paces back and watched it happen.”
“Sorry to hear that Sabre.” Moose said, then both his eyes turned red and Entity said. “You KnOw It wAs THe rEsT Of yUor GRoUp wHo FoUnd HiM yUo wERe GONE! sO he wAs NaMED HerO aND YOu  weRE fOrgOtEN, OUtCaSTed, WE dID nOtHiNg, We CouLd DO nOThiNg. i’M sOrRy.”
“It’s ok, against the higher ups, I’m glad you speak up you would be labeled traitor and permanently killed. I don’t know why they hate me, but they do, I bet they jumped for joy seeing me run out of the battle, and be the last one seen with my friend and then he’s stone, probably tried to pin the blame on me. And did, and were glad to be rid of me.” I said, and Entitly smiled a little and let Moose back in control.
“So back to the original plan then?” Nathan asked.
“Huh?” I said, very much confused.
“Yuup!” Moose said enthusiastically.
“What plan?” I asked.
“The plan to set The Dungeon Master free stupid.” Shark giggled.
“Oh right!” I realized and instantly stood up.
“Let’s go to our secret clubhouse to rest up, and to plan our next move.” Nathan said, also standing up. Shark and Moose followed his example and stood up as well. We all nodded in agreement and Moose said,
“Well if that’s settled then let’s get going.” And he started prancing off into the woods.
“Wait up Moose, you don’t know where you're going!” Nathan yelled as he ran to catch up. Shark laughed at his friends and grabbed my arm and started leading me to their clubhouse.
This day was a chaotic one, with too many mixing and conflicting emotions, memories of bitter times, and lots of fighting. But everything that happened in the past 24+ hours has brought all of us closer as friends. And if all goes well, then an old friend shall be joining in as well.