The Lion King: Kion's Future

By anash2969

Kion and Tiifu are living together in peace while Kovu and Kiara step up and become King and Queen of the pri... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: New Beginnings
Chapter 2: The Big News & Memories
Chapter 3: Zira's Return
Chapter 4: Acending The Throne
Chapter 5: The First Ambush
Chapter 6: Troubling Times
Chapter 7: New Faces
Chapter 8: The Second Ambush
Chapter 9: Taking Precautions
Chapter 10: Kidnapping
Chapter 11: A Dangerous Rescue
Chapter 12: New Additions To The Outlands
Chapter 13: The Birth Of A New Generation
Chapter 14: The Presentation
Chapter 15: First Time Outside
Chapter 16: First Time Outside Part 2
Chapter 17: Going To The Gorge
Chapter 18: The Rescue
Chapter 19: Awkward Encounter
Chapter 20: Arguments
Chapter 21: The Attack At Pride Rock
Chapter 22: It's Hard To Say Goodbye
Chapter 23: Moving On
Chapter 24: The Truth Is Revealed
Chapter 25: Caught
Chapter 26: New Friends
Chapter 27: Family Times
Chapter 28: Growing Up
Chapter 29: Hofu vs Kali
Chapter 30: The Aftermath
Chapter 31: Falling In Love
Chapter 32: Hofu's Downfall
Chapter 33: A New Alliance
Chapter 34: Aisha's First Hunt Part 1
Chapter 35: Aisha's First Hunt Part 2
Chapter 36: Meeting
Chapter 37: The First Attack At Pride Rock
Chapter 38: More Tragedy
Chapter 39: Hofu's Showdown And Redemption Part 1
Chapter 40: Hofu's Showdown And Redemption Part 2
Chapter 41: Reunion
Chapter 42: Hunting In The Pride Lands
Chapter 44: The Final Battle part 1
Chapter 45: The Final Battle part 2
Chapter 46: Peace And Harmony
Chapter 47: Epilogue

Chapter 43: Healing Wounds

205 2 1
By anash2969

After Abasi's lionesses had returned with the kills in tow, they laid Rene, Kitana, and Omi near the healer lioness's cave and summoned her outside to treat them. Luckily for the trio, they're still alive. As for Rene, she will have scars on her chest for the rest of her life.

As the lionesses sat the kills down, Abasi came toward the scene and gasped at the sight before him, "What the hell happened?!" he demanded with an irate tone.

"Hofu and another lioness had attacked them," one of the lionesses reported, "But they managed to kill three gazelles for us."

"That's a good thing. Take those two kills to the cave and let everyone know that they can eat; I'll save this one for me, my son, and his future queen,"

"Yes, your majesty," the lionesses then proceeded to carry the two gazelle carcasses to the cave.

Abasi sighed and gave a proud smile to his three lionesses before picking up the gazelle carcass and dragging it into his private cave, 'I'll check up on them later,' Abasi thought as he continued dragging the gazelle carcass, 'Since everyone's going to eat up the gazelles, I'll snag another one from the pride lands and bring it to them as a reward for their endless effort.'

By the time he made it to his cave, Ali came towards him and helped him carry the gazelle to where Enzi was lying. Enzi sat up and felt his stomach rumble at the sight of the gazelle in front of him. He hasn't had anything to eat since the food became scarce on the other side of the outlands.

Abasi and Ali put the gazelle down and the three lions started eating the carcass. Abasi tore off a significant portion for Enzi and Ali to share while he ate the remaining pieces. After eating and disposing of the bones, Ali groomed Enzi with her tongue as Abasi walked out of the den to go into the pride lands to catch another gazelle for his three lionesses.

Later on, he found a lone gazelle near the eastern border. He scanned the area to make sure that a pridelander isn't around to stop him. Everything was clear as he started crouching down and stalking the gazelle. He avoided twigs and small pebbles that would cause him to make a mistake and scare off the gazelle.

When he was close enough, he jumped up and tackled the gazelle to the ground, clamping his jaws around its neck. It yelped and bucked wildly as Abasi put more pressure on its neck while holding it down with his weight. Finally, the gazelle's struggles ceased as it lay limp in Abasi's grasp. He grinned and carried his prize back into the Outlands.

When he came back into the outlands, he went to Rene, Kitana, and Omi who are awake from their fight with Hofu. He put the gazelle down and cleared his throat, getting the three lionesses' attention.

"Consider this as a reward from your hunt," said Abasi, "I am proud of you three for your efforts in your hunts."

"Thanks, your majesty," said Rene.

"We were wondering when we could get our food. Everyone has eaten up the carcasses," said Omi.

Abasi pushed the gazelle with his nose, "That's why I went back into the pride lands and snagged this one for you three. Are you three alright?"

Rene waved her paw, "Yeah, we're fine. Hofu almost killed me back there but we'll train harder to take him down,"

Omi smirked, "And we're going to take down his precious mom after we get done with him,"

Abasi nodded in approval, "You all deserve a break as well. Make sure you get enough rest until you're healed and ready to continue your training,"

"Will do, your majesty," said Kitana, bowing her head with her two friends.

Abasi roared to summon his pride. Moments later, all of his lionesses gathered around in front of him, including Enzi and Ali.

The outland king climbed up a rock-like podium and stood over his pride with a proud, evil grin, "Listen up, everyone! We need to train as hard as before to take out all of those pridelanders! In two months, we will go into the pride lands and take everything by force, even if it kills us! Kovu, Kiara, and everyone else will die under our paws! We will finish what Scar had started; the sun will set on their time and rise in the dawn of a new era!"

The pride roared in agreement as Abasi cackled, his voice echoing across the whole outlands.

In the pride lands

Malaika had recovered from her attack and had a minor headache from the blows she received in her head. She is at Rafiki's tree where Eshe is residing at the moment. She looked up and saw Hofu and Eshe nuzzling each other and chatting. She smiled since Hofu had reconciled with his future mate and hoped they'll have a bright future.

Hofu noticed his mother was awake from the corner of his eye. He stopped nuzzling his future mate and gave her a lick on the forehead, "Mother! You're awake!"

"Yes, honey. I'm awake," said Malaika.

Eshe looked at her future mother-in-law, "Are you ok, miss Malaika?"

"I'm fine, dear. Just a little headache,"

"Thank goodness," Eshe sighed.

"Eshe, you have grown into a beautiful, young lioness, ready to take on the world. You are a perfect lioness to my son," said Malaika.

Eshe blushed a little at the comment, "Aww, thanks, miss Malaika,"

Malaika chuckled, "Eshe, we are family. You can call me Malaika from now on; there's no need for formalities,"

"Ok,"

"By next year, I would like to see some grandcubs running around," This made Hofu and Eshe blush harder as their faces are red as tomatoes, "I love cubs. I'm sure you two will make a wonderful family in the future."

"Um... Ok, mother," Hofu stammered, feeling embarrassed about the topic.

"We'll have to think about that, Malaika," said Eshe with a blush, "I love cubs myself, but I don't think Hofu and I are ready for this responsibility yet; we both are two years old."

"I understand, dear. You two are still too young to have cubs. You're only old enough to leave the pride," Malaika pointed out.

"We know. And I was thinking about leaving the pride lands and starting a pride with Eshe by my side as queen," said Hofu, earning surprised looks from his mother and future mate.

"Wait, what? You want me to be your queen?" asked Eshe.

Hofu nodded and gave Eshe a small nuzzle, "Yes, I want you to rule beside me, love. You'll make a perfect queen,"

Hofu nuzzled Eshe as the two took in their scents while Malaika watched with tears forming in her eyes. She knew Hofu isn't a cub anymore, but a grown lion who is ready to take on the world.

"I love you, Eshe," said Hofu.

"I love you too, Hofu," said Eshe.

"Ah, young love. Isn't that sweet?" Rafiki said to himself as he witnessed the two young lions nuzzling each other, "May the great kings bless them with success in the future." He chuckled warmly and watched the young couple interact as Malaika laid back down with a smile on her face.

One hour later

Hofu and Malaika said a quick goodbye to Rafiki and Eshe before exiting the tree and walking back to pride rock.

"You two make a perfect couple, son. I can't wait for you two to get married one day," said Malaika.

Hofu blushed as Malaika continued talking, "I know your aunt Nala and uncle Simba would be happy if they were alive. I wish they were alive to see you change back to your old self,"

"You have grown into an amazing, young lion. And your father and I are proud of you," said Malaika.

"Thanks, mom," said Hofu.

"You're welcome, son. Now let's go back home; I think everyone's waiting for us since it's dinner time," Both mother and son continued chatting along the way back to pride rock. Kiara greeted the duo as they climbed up the side of pride rock. She is sitting outside of the den, waiting for their return since Zaki had informed her about them leaving Rafiki's tree.

"Hi, Hofu and auntie Malaika. You're just in time for dinner," said Kiara with a smile.

"What are we eating this evening?" asked Hofu.

"We're having wildebeest for dinner," Kiara answered as Hofu licked his chops.

"Man, I've missed eating with my family and friends compared to the outlands where you have to fight over some pieces of carcasses and scraps," Hofu commented.

"Well? What are we waiting for? Let's eat," said Malaika as she trotted inside the den with Kiara and Hofu following behind her.

All of the lions of pride rock enjoyed their evening meal together. Everyone shared their portions of meat to get along with their families, friends, and lovers. After dinner, Tanabi was hanging out at the top of pride rock, gazing at the stars above him and the kingdom ahead, thinking that all of the pride lands would be his and Aisha's once they take the throne next year.

He thought about his little brother since Abasi trained him to be a ruthless killer. He sighed, hoping that one day, he could talk some sense into Enzi and change him for the better.

"Enzi... I hope we can reunite again so we can get to know each other as brothers," said Tanabi with a sigh, "And Shani would come with us so we can get along together as siblings."

"As for father... I don't know if he'll change. We already lost mother since Kion had killed her during the battle. I think she deserved it for what she had done in the past. She has been evil for a long time, but she's still our mother," As Tanabi was thinking about the current events, Aisha walked to the top of pride rock and sat down next to him. The future king turned around and saw his future mate sitting next to him, "Hey, my love. What brings you up here tonight?"

Aisha glared at him playfully, "What? I can't sit beside my future king?" She batted his nose and nibbled his ears, growling like a small cub. Tanabi chuckled as he wriggled himself from his mate's teeth, being careful to avoid puncturing his ear, "I'm here to ask you the same thing, love. Why are you up here all alone?"

Tanabi looked down at the kingdom below as his thoughts were filled to the brim. Aisha was concerned about her future mate and she waved her paw in his face, bringing his focus back to her, "Hello? Earth to Tanabi,"

"...Oh! Umm..." Tanabi sighed and rubbed his head with both paws, trying to think of a way to explain the events to Aisha. The future queen lowered her ears and nuzzled Tanabi's chest, listening to his soft heartbeat as it soothed her, "It's hard to explain, Aisha. You wouldn't understand."

Aisha sat up, a small frown on her face, "What are you talking about, Tanabi? Is there something wrong?" she queried.

Tanabi sighed again, shutting his eyes and lowering his ears, "Do you remember that lion who ruined your first hunt with Hofu?" Aisha nodded, "That lion is my little brother. Mother and Father had brainwashed him into a ruthless, sadistic, murderous, evil killer, and I want to do everything I can to make him see the light,"

Aisha stared at her paws for a few seconds before nodding her head to indicate she was listening, "Go on," she encouraged.

He turned his gaze to Aisha, flicking his tail and staring at his paws, "Since the battle, he wanted to kill Shani and me for betraying our parents. I didn't want to fight my own brother," he continued, raising his head and staring int Aisha's eyes, "I should never left the outlands in the first place."

"Tanabi. Leaving the outlands was the best decision you have made," Aisha reminded him, "You and Shani don't have to worry about going to sleep starving and thirsty every night. And besides, your former pride is doomed from the start since there isn't any prey from them to catch or a watering hole."

"You're right, Aisha," said Tanabi with a small smile, "I hope my father can move the pride somewhere else; I doubt your parents would let them stay here for all of the crimes they've committed."

"...I agree with that, Tanabi..." Aisha sighed and stared out at the horizon, "I hope everything will turn out for the best with the outlanders. I hope your little brother can see the light and be a better lion than before; I don't want to fight anymore."

Tanabi and Aisha sat there in silence, nuzzling each other with comfort as their purrs vibrated from their throats, "I don't want to fight either, love. But we have to do whatever it takes to defend our pride,"

"We've lost too much. I don't know how much this will go on,"

"I know, honey. But we must continue to fight our demons and stay strong for our kingdom,"

The future king and queen continued sitting at the top of pride rock with the stars above them. They prayed that the war between their and Abasi's pride would stop fighting and rejoice in peace, or go their separate ways and let the grudges go. But little did they know, Abasi is planning another war to get the pride lands by force. Even if it costs his own life, he knows that Enzi and Ali would rise as the king and queen, making the pridelanders as their slaves or torturing them until they die a slow, painful death.

End Of Chapter 43

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 359 11
A year has passed since Kion was named King consort of the Tree of Life. Thus far, Kion and Rani enjoy their new life together but when a new lion en...
8.5K 100 5
Kion and Rani have defeated the darkness in the north and restored peace to the Tree of Life. Yet as they try to keep their family safe, a strange bu...
23K 288 30
Kiara and Kovu are madly in love with each other. At first they were from two different ends of the pole; a pride lander princess, training to become...
643 11 1
after the death of zira, simba invites kovu into his pride, Kiara has a huge crush on kovu, but little did she know her crush doesn't have the same f...