Chapter 1: New Beginnings

While Kion and Tiifu were out with Vitani and Moto, Nuru was out with Kiara, hanging out together as sisters. Both young lionesses were at the acacia trees resting underneath the shades.

"Kiara." Nuru begins, giving her older sister's attention, "I know you will be a great Queen."

"Awww, thanks, sis." Said Kiara, smiling at her little sister.

"You're welcome, sis," Nuru said.

"When are you two going to have cubs?" Nuru asked.

Kiara shrugged before replying, "We don't know yet."

"Well, you're old enough to have cubs, and I want some nieces or nephews."

"Same for you too, Nuru. I wonder when you and Naba are going to have cubs."

"We don't know yet either."

Kiara playfully nudged her sister, who returned the favor with a smirk, "Our pride and family will be bigger than before with cubs running around here." Kiara said.

"And more troublemakers too," Nuru remarked.

"I remember when you were a cub, mom and dad told you to not go to the gorge, and yet, you did go to the gorge anyways." Said Kiara.

Nuru blushed with embarrassment written all over her face, "Yeah, and I gotten grounded for three days. And I remember dad telling me about the time when you and Kopa went to the outlands before Kion and I were born."

"Yes, and Baraka did struck Kopa that he went flying towards the old tree and gotten knocked out. It was so scary." Kiara added.

"And I heard Kopa and Kion went to the elephant graveyard."

"Yes, they did. And they've gotten grounded for a while, but I didn't go with them that day."

Both sisters talked about their cubhood memories while laughing and being embarrassed at the same time.

"I miss Kopa." Said Nuru.

"We all do, sis." Kiara sighed. "Kion really regrets killing him and wished he could take it all back and stop himself from doing so."

"I know." Nuru replied, "Vitani also misses him too since Kopa was her mate."

"At least she has a new mate that'll take over for Kopa."

"Yeah, Moto."

"Moto's a nice lion once you get to know him better."

Nuru nodded, "I also wish Bunga, Besthe, Ono, and Fuli were here with us. They would've either lived a happy, carefree life or start a family on their own."

"Yes, and Kion regrets killing them. He won't even stop saying it was his fault that he was a monster and all. So I comforted him and told him it wasn't even his fault that he killed his four friends. It was Zira and Baraka had manipulated him into a monster with all of the other outsiders." Kiara explained.

"Yes, I see that." Said Nuru, shaking her head in disbelief, "I mean, I just can't believe they'll do such a thing like this."

"They were Scar's followers in the past, and now we don't have to worry about them being a threat towards the pride and us anymore."

Afua and Zuri have approached both of the lionesses, "Hey, Kiara and Nuru." Afua and Zuri greeted.

Both lionesses turned towards the couple, "Hey, guys. What brings you here?" Said Kiara with Nuru nodding.

"We've just stopped by to hang out if that's ok with you two." Said Afua.

"Sure, you two can sit with us anytime." Said Nuru.