DRAGONS HEART. daemon targa...

By aaronhtchnrs

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON / your lips, my lips apocalypse book 1/1 ©-aaronhtchnrs More

DRAGONS HEART
ACT ONE
GRAPHICS.
1. the dragon and the stag
2. rose necklace
3. teasing a rogue prince
4. being a woman
6. my heart will never feel
7. threats have been made
8. sacrifices for consequences
9. weddings with no love
10. robert hightower
11. the rogue prince daemon
12. should i stay or should i go?
13. ceremony of chaos and corruption
ACT TWO: the rogue prince's claim
14. busy bees and perfect kids
15. the wishing well
16. bigger than the whole sky
17. the art of choosing
18. additions and plans of death
19. the vultures have risen
20. pity partys in flames
21. the first betrayal
22. the black queen
23. the end is here

5. give me a minute to hold my girl

22.7K 1.1K 141
By aaronhtchnrs

CHAPTER FIVE

ROSEVA had felt like it was impossible to breathe. Her lungs compressed against her chest — suffocating her. She felt like a monster, to Rhaenyra, to the Seven Kingdoms and to herself.

Visery's took the burden of telling the young Princess but it didn't stop her cries from entering Roseva's room as even herself laid on her bed in tears.

Rhaenyra felt cold and so did Roseva — the child had not lived, the son had not lived and that made the lady feel even worse. She could have stopped it. She should have stopped it. She didn't know why she didn't.

A light knock on her door went unnoticed to her as tears continued to slip down her cheeks, flooding her white silk pillow.

Daemon stepped through the door, eyeing the room for a moment — the candles, the roses that scented the room, his typical rose — before his eyes landed on her.

He couldn't lie, he didn't care much about the Queen's death, nor his nephews, he felt bad — yes — but he wasn't sad. He felt sad for Roseva, for his brother and niece. He'd always feel sad for Roseva — he wanted to take her sadness away but he didn't know how.

His heavy footsteps made him cringe as he had tried to be quiet but he immediately straightened when she turned quickly to face who had entered her room.

"Daemon!", she hastily wiped her tears and sat up and he tightly smiled at her.

"Rose", he stated like he worshipping it before her. His violet eyes pierced into her but she was too upset to do anything about it.

Roseva got out of her bed and shuffled towards her collection of roses, ever since she had arrived Daemon knew how much roses calmed her — when he heard the news of the Queens passing he ventured to the gardens.

"I haven't got time for your nonsense this evening, Daemon", Roseva's sniffle pulled him from his thoughts of the gardens and remembered why he had come to her chambers.

"I thought I'd give you these", Daemon pulled a white rose and a red rose from behind his back, one of each to represent the two of them — Roseva rolled her eyes at his persistence but walked towards him nonetheless.

Despite his nature aggravating her she couldn't help but swell inside at his nice gesture — it was so unlike him, "You didn't have to do that", Roseva held the roses in her hand before walking back to her vanity to add them to her collection that was held in a glass vase, the single white rose standing out amongst the red ones — she knew that it was what Daemon wanted all along.

Roseva didn't know what else to say and quite frankly neither did Daemon, the air around them wasn't awkward — more so peaceful. She began to look like she was going to cry again so he was quick so usher her back into bed before moving to lay beside her.

Roseva laid confused — staring at the side of his face like he had grown an extra head. Soon he laughed, a pure one that she hadn't seen since he left many years ago.

"What are you doing?", she asked, voice wobbly from crying that almost made him look at her in concern but he remained still. He felt her shift so she laid on her side to look at him properly so he decided to do the same — looking at her beautiful face.

"I came to see you, to make sure that...", he looked into the distance for the right words, "you were okay", Daemon looked hesitant as every interaction they have had would start and end in her shouting at him or leaving him stunned.

But instead she smiled. She smiled. He thought it was breathtaking.

"I am the most evil woman in the Seven Kingdoms", she admitted when her smile fell, Daemon looked over at her with a crease in his eyebrow — not understanding how someone so pure could think such a thing.

"Why do you think that?".

"I was there, Daemon", she looked back at him, "I should have persuaded Visery's to choose another path but instead I...", Roseva trailed off not being able to finish the sentence, a tear slipping down her face.

Daemon didn't say anything, he didn't know what to say because nothing he said would comfort her so instead he wiped the tear away — shuffling his arm underneath her head to pull her against his leather chest.

Roseva wanted to fight against him, push him away but she was beyond exhausted so she laid still, arm around his stomach. She hadn't touched him since he arrived — too tempered by fury.

"I happen to believe that you are the kindest soul in all the Seven Kingdoms", he smoothed her hair back, the pair looking at the ceiling that was painted with stars — per Roseva's request. "Rhaenyra doesn't hate you".

Roseva sighed at his words, she hated how he could read her like a book — knowing the other reason she was so upset and hadn't left her chambers, not even to eat.

"And you don't hate me", he added with a smile, looking at the stars — secretly frightened that her face would scold him but she didn't she merely swatted his chest with a hinted smile.

Roseva wanted to ask — ask the one question she had been so desperate to ask since he arrived but she was scared of his answer. She thought back to Rhaenyra's words and mustered up the courage but all so hesitantly, "Do you ever think about what would have happened if you never left?",

Daemon laid startled by her words, he had thought all this time that she truly hated him but she didn't, she just wanted to know whether he wanted her. Of course he wanted her, he never even wanted to marry another woman.

"All the time".

Neither said anything after that — both too scared to ruin the moment and soon Roseva was asleep, her tiny snores meeting his ears as he stared at her face, stroking her red cheek — she was the most beautiful rose he had ever seen in a bush of growing roses.

"Avy jorrāelan, issa sīmontan se nyke jāhor mazverdagon ao ñuhon", he whispered in content, being close to her was enough for now — he didn't leave her until the sun came up, only leaving a kiss on her forehead to remind himself that this was real.I love you, my rose and I will make you mine

Mourning your dead. It was something Roseva wasn't fond of, especially in the circumstances in which she played a part — it would haunt her for the rest of her pathetic life she'd thought.

Rhaenyra tried to speak to the woman, knowing that Roseva blamed herself but the moment that the Baratheon girl laid eyes on the Princess — her red eyes and pale skin she seemed to just blame herself more.

Rhaenyra didn't know what to do so she seeked out her Uncle, the two hovering in the corner of the room as Roseva brushed the same piece of hair over and over, eyes in nothing but a daydream. She knew she was being selfish, Rhaenyra lost her mother and here she was acting like a child.

Daemon removed the brush from the woman's hand before passing it back to the Princess who started brushing her hair for her, "Just give it time, she's in shock", his words of tried comfort eased Rhaenyra a bit before the man left them to get ready.

A quiet sniffle made her look down at Roseva or sat silently crying, "Oh, Roseva. It is not your fault", Rhaenyra placed the brush down and wrapped her arms around the woman from behind.

"I'm being so incredibly selfish", Roseva wiped her tears and got up out of the chair, Rhaenyra watching her move around with worried eyes — what did Roseva see that made her like this?

After a while, the two walked out of the Princess' chambers, Daemon rested on the pillar outside the room as Ser Criston stood guard waiting for them.

Daemon shifted from the pillar to Roseva and his niece, holding his arms out for her to hold as Rhaenyra held the woman's other hand. "I've got you". The woman clasped her hand around his arm and the three set off to where the ceremony was being held.

Roseva finding out that not only did she get Aemma killed, she also got her baby killed. She felt sick. The feeling of guilt clawed at her throat as she pushed the hot bile down her throat.

Silence consumed them all. The wind gusting as Roseva held a crying Rhaenyra in her arms — daemond standing behind them. "They're waiting for you", he murmured to the girl crying with sympathy written in his tone.

"Nyke pendagon lo, during lī dorolvie hours issa lēkia glaesagon, issa kepa finally found biarves", Rhaenyra spoke in Roseva's shoulder, the woman looked over at the man with sympathy for the lost look on his face.I wonder if, during those few hours my brother lived, my father finally found happiness

Daemon leaned forward again, "Aōha kepa jorrāelagon ao tolī sir than ziry mirre emagon", his hushed words cut through the girl as she spoke again.Your father needs your more now than he ever has

"Nyke jāhor dōrī sagon nykeā tresy", The two looked over to where Roseva was already looking — Viserys.I will never be a son

Rhaenyra broke from the woman's hold, taking a few steps forward and looking up at Syrax on the hill — the beast looking down at them.

"Dra—", she whispered but the word fell flat. Roseva looked down at the ground, eyes burning. A hand enclosed hers — she didn't need to look to know who it was.

Rhaenyra swallowed hard before looking at her father, his eyes only remained on the dead, "Dracarys", she yelled.

Syrax whined, bounding down the mountain as flames erupted from it's mouth — Rhaenyra looking away as the bodies burned. But Roseva looked up to watch what she caused. She was letting herself suffer because she deserved it.

And right now she didn't know how she was going to do it. She didn't know how she was going to take care of Rhaenyra.

─────

Roseva trailed the halls soon after Rhaenyra fell asleep, the poor girl cried herself to sleep in the woman's arms. The lady walked slow, before a hand covered her mouth from behind and another grabbed her waist and pulled her behind a wall.

The hand stopped her screams, her eyes wide in fear but that stopped when she was forcefully turned to look at the person responsible — Daemon with a sly grin on his face.

"You scared me!", she yelled, pushing his chest hard only for him to laugh.

"Come, I want to show you something", he took her hand and led her down the hall into a secret door.

"What are we—", Daemon pressed a hand to her mouth as people on the other side of the wall began speaking. Her eyes looked over to the council, Daemon had led her to spy on the council. Of course.

"Where's Rhaenyra?", Viserys asked shortly after he sat. Bags under his eyes from his distrusted peace.

"Your Grace. This is the last thing any of us wish to discuss at this dark hour, but I consider the matter urgent", Otto voiced from his place beside the king and Roseva rolled her eyes at his words.

"What matter?".

Otto took a breath, "That of your succession".

Roseva looked appalled, the man had just lost his wife and child, "Bastard", she whispered and Daemon nodded from beside her in agreement.

"These recent tragedies have left you without an obvious heir".

The lady looked to Daemon, "What of Rhaenyra or you?", she whispered and he shrugged his shoulders, just as confused.

As though he read their minds, Lord Corly's spoke, "The King has an heir, my Lord Hand".

Otto however ignored the man's words and continued over him, leaving Roseva frustrated, "Despite how difficult this time is, Your Grace, I feel it important the succession be firmly in place for the stability of the realm".

"More like stability of your wealth", Roseva grumbled, Daemon covering his mouth to stop his laughter getting them caught.

"The succession is already set...", Lyonel Strong voiced, "by precedent and by law".

"Shall we say his name?", Lord Corlys walked around the table before sitting in his seat. "Daemon Targaryen".

Lady Rose raised her eyebrows, looking toward the man — not realising how close their faces were. Her breath caught in her throat as he smirked down at her. "Fools", he whispered. He had no desire to sit on the iron throne.

"If Daemon were to remain the uncontested heir, it could destabilise the realm".

Lord Corlys shifted in his seat, "The realm? Or this council?".

"No one here can know what Daemon would do were he King, but no one can doubt his ambition or affection towards Lady Roseva Baratheon. I say they marry".

Roseva's head whipped around in shock, Daemon doing the same with an equally baffled expression. "Look what he did with the gold cloaks. The City Watch is fiercely loyal to him", Otto continued his demise.

"As they should be", the lady muttered and Daemon looked down at her with soft eyes — not that she realised.

"An army 2,000- strong".

"An army you gave him, Otto", Viserys cut through with valued facts, Otto having nothing to say. "I named Daemon Master of Laws, but you said he was a tyrant. As Master of Coin you said he was a spendthrift that would begged the realm. And as for Lady Rose, he indeed may be infatuated with her but she is to be wed to a lord, her father stated so".

Roseva looked down at his words, it were true. Her father wanted her to marry a lord not a prince — Daemon didn't know that and his face was upheld with the utmost betrayal that she couldn't turn to face him.

"Putting Daemon in command of the City Watch was your solution!", Viserys yelled.

"A half-measure, Your Grace. Roseva cannot marry Daemon it is improper for a handmaiden close to the family to marry someone high born! People would talk", Otto spat but Roseva watched as though there was a reason why he didn't want her to marry the Prince — a personal reason.

"Having Roseva and Daemon marry was my solution years ago but you told me to marry him off to someone else so I did", Viserys spat towards Otto. "Daemon is already married, if he were to claim a second wife it cannot be Roseva unless she asks me herself".

"Daemon should be far away from this court", The Hand backtracked away from Roseva to attack Daemon. The pair still watching in shock at what was being said about them.

"Daemon is my brother. My blood. And he will have his place at court".

Mellos agreed, "Let him keep his place at court, Your Grace, but if the gods should visit some further tragedy on you, either by design or by accident—".

Viserys huffed becoming agitated like the pair behind the wall, "Design? What are you saying? My brother would murder me, take my crown?".

"Are they jesting?", Roseva grumbled making Daemon grab her hand, interlocking them slowly. The lady looked down at their hands as guilt washed over her.

She is to marry a lord.

People would talk.

"Are you? Please, Daemon has ambition, yes, but not for the throne", Daemon chuckles under his breath at the truth, "He lacks the patience for it".

"The gods have yet to make a man who lacks the patience for absolute power, Your Grace", Otto tried reasoning but Viserys merely grumbled.

"Under such circumstances, it would not be an aberration for the King to name a successor", Mellos bargained and Roseva's ears picked up at that — looking from their hands to the Council.

"Well, who else would have a claim?".

Lady Rose rolled her eyes, "Rhaenyra, you fool".

Silence filled them for a few moments until the Hand spoke, "The Kings firstborn child".

Lyonel scoffed, "Rhaenyra? A girl? No Queen has ever sat the Iron Throne".

Roseva turned to Daemon with determination, "Perhaps that should change". The man looked down at her and smiled, he liked her thinking.

"That is only by tradition and precedent, Lord Strong".

"If order and stability so concerns this council then perhaps we should break 100 years of it by naming a girl heir".

"Daemon would be a second Maegor, or worse. He is impulsive and violent", Daemon raised his eyebrows at that — as did Roseva. The woman began moving away from the wall and towards the door, Daemon grabbing her arm softly with a questionable gaze.

"Otto is up to something", is all she said before leaving the room.

"It is the duty of this council to protect the King and the realm from him. I'm sorry, Your Grace, but that is the truth as I see it and I know that others here agree".

"I will not be made to choose between my brother and my daughter".

The door burst open and Daemon watched as Roseva waltzed in, "You shouldn't have to, Your Grace".

"Lady Baratheon—", Lord Strong stood from his seat as the rest stood in shock.

"You'd do best to stay quiet, Lord Strong", the man was left mouth agape as she continued to stroll through until she reached the head of the table by Lord Corlys. "Rhaenyra should sit the Iron Throne".

"There are others who would have a claim", Lord Corlys suggested despite how proud he looked towards Roseva for sharing her voice.

"Ah, yourselves? Your wife, Lord Corlys?", the lady spat down at him before looking back at Viserys in the eye.

"I was there. I was with you when Queen Aemma—", she stopped as the man looked down, guilt still chipping away at them both. "She told me she wanted Rhaenyra on the throne, it was her last dying wish. After everything we have done, we owe her this".

Viserys nodded weakly before arising from his chair, it scraping across the floor, "Leave us", he told the rest of the council, them leaving quickly.

The door slammed shut behind them, leaving the two of them — plus Daemon but only she knew that.

"I'm sorry", he whispered to her, moving around the table. She knew why he was apologising.

"No. I'm sorry", she replied, she wrapped her arms around him — giving him what he needed the second his wife and son died. She understood him and he understood her.

"Rhaenyra will sit on the Iron Throne. I will make it happen", he swore and she nodded against his chest — trusting his word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 54.3K 61
𝐀𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐀 - 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉, 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑓𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑅𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒 𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒. I APP...
8.5K 550 5
𝐌𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐕𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐑𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐧𝐲𝐫𝐚 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐞𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝, 𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞...
102K 3.7K 29
nobody sees a flower - really - it is so small it takes time - we haven't time - and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time. ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝒜s...