The Returns and the New Arriv...

By RosheQ

It has been some time since Naru left for England. Mai, once in a while, sees all the gang except for Naru, L... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 12

455 33 11
By RosheQ

Rosy's POV

Two days have passed. Erick will only tell me good morning, good night, pass me 'this'... nothing more.

I haven't had the courage to apologize to him.

Mai's POV

Surely something is going on between Rosy and Erick. They haven't spoken to each other so much. Also, Naru looks at me weirdly, not a good weird. 'What is happening?'

Naru asks for his usual tea, but when I place his tea in his office, he would look at me either indifferently or deep in thought. Before, he would have looked at me with soft eyes.'And just when I was beginning to think he might have feelings for me.'

Tonight is the Foreigner's Christmas Event. Since it's at night, it won't interfere with work. 'I hope Naru comes.'

Apparently, Rosy's parents are going, but will be at a different table than the others. Yasu, John, and Lin are officially going. I hope that Naru and Erick might go too.

Rosy's POV

'Things don't solve themselves by just ignoring them. You have to confront them before it's too late.' That's what I told Naru a couple of days ago, back at the cave. I knew that I have to follow my own advice.

It was already noon, and soon I would have to leave to the event. On the way I would quickly pick Mai up from her apartment. I dressed myself in a long, red dress and my hair was in a messy but classy bun.

My plan was to gain Erick's forgiveness and for Naru to make a move on Mai. I was expected to participate on the event, and I also wanted to fix things up. So, why not combine both?

I left a note and Erick's invitation sticking with tape on his door. Furthermore, I made my way out of the house.

Naru's POV

Tonight was the event that Rosy invited me to. When Rosy called me a couple of days ago to tell me the truth, I felt a little confused as to what to believe in. As I thought back to the part where Rosy telepathically showed me the scene of Mai and Erick hugging, I noticed that when Erick separated from Mai's hug, his shirt was a little wet. 'She was crying. What would have made her cry? I know I have to find out.'

Will I go find out tonight? Or will I wait until another moment?

One thing at a time, Noll.

Erick's POV

I read the note that I found on my door. It was written in Spanish. It read:

Dear Erick:

I am sorry for what happened, for my false assumptions. I know you just might hate me by now. I hope you can come to tonight's event so I can really tell you what I feel. I have to fix things and I'm determined to do it. I hope you find some forgiveness for me.

With all my love,

Rosy.

I felt tears falling down my cheek. I immediately knew what I had to do. I grabbed the gift I had been hiding for some weeks and went to change into my formal clothing. 'I'm coming, Rosy.'

Mai's POV

Rosy and I were in our way to the event. She looked to be deep in thought.

"Rosy, is everything alright?"

"Erick and I had a little fight, but don't worry about it. Listen, Mai. I made a mistake, and now I'm determined to fix it. Please don't hate Naru because of his attitude lately. It was my fault. I know you don't understand what is going on, but just listen to me, ok?"

I looked at her with confusion. I still didn't understand how she was responsible for Naru's attitude.

"Alright. I wasn't going to hate him, anyways." I smiled.

"You really love him, don't you?"

A small blush made its way to my face. "Yes, I do."

"Aww! By the way, you look fabulous in that dress I gave you. I can't believe it fit perfectly. If Naru sees you, he will melt."

I giggled. "Thank you... for the compliment and the dress." My dress was a beautiful black dress with golden sparkles all over it. It was strapless and long. Also, it had a little golden ribbon at the waist and down from it, the dress flowed beautifully.

She just smiled.

We arrived at the ball room. Lin, Yasu and John were already at the table assigned for all of us. We approached them, and I said hello and hugged them.

"You guys stay here. Because I'm going to participate, I'll have to prepare myself."

"What are you going to do?" Asked a curious Yasu.

She smiled. "I sing."

"What?" Both Yasu and I shouted.

"How is it that we have never heard you before?" I asked.

"Well, I sing sometimes at John's church and at his orphan and homeless shelter."

We all looked at John. "He, he. She has a beautiful voice. She even sang Amazing Grace perfectly."

"I wouldn't say perfectly." Rosy seemed to be pink from the compliments.

"Wow, Rosy. I didn't know. And to say that we are close friends!" I said.

"I don't brag about it, it's all. Now, I really have to go." She made her way to wherever it is that she was going.

We kept talking and laughing once in a while at Yasu's anecdotes. I was smiling at all that was happening at our table, then I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Naru smiling down at me.

"Hello, Mai."

"Hello, Naru."

He was dressed in a blue, long and formal shirt, along with a black suit. My breath was caught in my throat. It didn't help when he took a seat next to me.

"Staring isn't polite, Mai." I saw him smirk. I immediately looked away.

"I'm going to get something to drink." I stood up and left.

Naru's POV

As Mai stood, I finally caught a full view of her appearance. She looked so beautiful. I just sat there in shock, with my eyes wide open.

As she left, Yasu spoke. "Boss, if you don't want to catch flies, I suggest you close your mouth." Everyone in the table started to laugh.

I glared at him, wishing that I could spill his drink over him.

"I didn't think you'd come, Noll." An amused Lin said.

"Why wouldn't I? I was promised with good music." I said, trying to hide my true intentions.

"Right..." He smirked. "It was about time." He had that amusement in his eyes, it made me want to glare holes on his forehead.

"Whatever."

Mai returned with two cups of beverages.

"I brought you some soda. I know it's not tea, but there isn't any here so..."

She was talking to me.

"It's fine, thanks."

I drank the soda. It made me feel like my blood was rushing rapidly through my veins.

I began speaking things about the paranormal, telling anecdotes of before I met all of the current SPR. I was so concentrated in talking, that at the end is when I noticed all of their shocked faces.

"What?" I asked, frowning.

John smiled. "It's nice to see you enjoy speaking with us."

"Yes, I really like this non-stop-talking Naru." Mai giggled.

I controlled myself enough to regain my composure, but to also make Mai happy.

Rosy's POV

I heard as the event's host started speaking through the microphone, gaining almost everyone's attention. He began to greet and thank everyone for being here.

As he was speaking I was looking for Erick everywhere, but I just saw part of SPR and my parents.

'Maybe he won't come, after all.'

Suddenly, my name was called, as I was the one to introduce the event by singing.

I entered stage, and as I heard the music's cue for me to sing, I sang Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas is you.

I don't want a lot for Christmas

There is just one thing I need

I don't care about the presents

Underneath the Christmas tree.

I just want you for my own

More than you could ever know

Make my wish come true

All I want for Christmas

Is you, you yeah.

I don't want a lot for Christmas

There is just one thing I need

And I don't care about the presents

Underneath the Christmas tree.

I don't need to hang my stocking

There upon the fireplace

Santa Claus won't make me happy

With a toy on Christmas Day.

I just want you for my own

More than you could ever know

Make my wish come true

All I want for Christmas is you

You baby.

Every part of what I was singing, it was my heart calling out for Erick.

Oh, I won't ask for much this Christmas

I won't even wish for snow

And I'm just gonna keep on waiting

Underneath the mistletoe.

I won't make a list and send it

To the North Pole for Saint Nick

I won't even stay awake to

Hear those magic reindeer click.

'Cause I just want you here tonight

Holding on to me so tight

What more can I do?

Baby all I want for Christmas is you,

You Baby.

I wanted him here, to hear me sing to him. I want him to forgive me.

Oh, all the lights are shining

So brightly everywhere

And the sound of children's

Laughter fills the air.

And everyone is singing

I hear those sleigh bells ringing

Santa, won't you bring me the one I really need?

Won't you please bring my baby to me?

I really wish you were here.

Oh, I don't want a lot for Christmas

This is all I'm asking for

I just want to see my baby

Standing right outside my door.

Oh, I just want you for my own

More than you could ever know

Make my wish come true

Baby all I want for Christmas is

You, You baby.

All I want for Christmas is you, baby

As I finished the song, I looked everywhere. No Erick.

Mai was on the 'dancefloor' dancing crazy along with Yasu. Naru was glaring at said Yasu. Lin was applauding as I finished, and my parents looked at me with an all-knowing look.

I got off the stage, and went to speak with everyone once they settled at the table.

"So, how was it?" I asked.

"It was great!" Mai said.

"You really have a sexy voice." Said Yasu.

"Thank you."

I looked at Naru. 'Get. Her. To. Dance.'

'Stop intruding my mind!'

'If you dare put your barrier back on, I will ask you out loud to ask her to dance.'

Naru narrowed his eyes. 'You wouldn't.'

'I think we both know I would.'

"Ahem, care to explain us what's happening on your little staring contest?" Asked Yasu.

"Nothing, I was just hoping Naru would do something I asked him for. Anyways, I have to go. After this dude who's playing classical piano, I will have to sing again."

I didn't wait for their response. I left.

As again I was called to the stage, I felt nervous about this song. I asked a friend to sing it with me, because it was meant to be heard by two people.

He played the guitar and I played the piano. We began to play, and I saw Erick walk in. He stayed near the entrance to hear me play and sing.

My heart started to beat faster. 'I will do this. For both Erick and Naru.'

Naru's POV

I heard as Rosy began to play the piano.

Then, I was shocked by what she began to sing.

Erick's POV

I saw as Rosy looked at me with all nervousness. I could tell that she wanted to tell me something through the song.

Passenger- Let Her Go

Well you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let him go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go

(Naru) I stiffened as I remembered the day Mai confessed to me. 'Me or Gene?'

(Erick) I knew she was speaking about me.

Staring at the bottom of your glass

Hoping one day you'll make a dream last

But dreams come slow and they go so fast

(Rosy's Friend) You see her when you close your eyes

Maybe one day you'll understand why

Everything you touch surely dies

I remember when I left for England. It was days later when I finally understood why my question meant so much.

'She can't blame herself of being a harm! She is no harm.'

(Both) But you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

(Rosy's friend) Staring at the ceiling in the dark

Same old empty feeling in your heart

'Cause love comes slow and it goes so fast

Well you see her when you fall asleep

But never to touch and never to keep

'Cause you loved her too much

And you dived too deep

Well you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

I will not let it happen again. Even if I re-gain her love slowly, I will not give up

I knew for sure that she really felt bad for what happened.

(Rosy) And you let him go (oh, oh, ooh, oh no)

And you let him go (oh, oh, ooh, oh no)

Will you let her go?

I knew that it was meant for me to hear that last part.

'Cause you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

(Both) 'Cause you only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missin' home

Only know you love her when you let her go

And you let her go

Rosy's POV

I finished the song. I poured my heart out. I knew I also made Naru realize what he's got by his side: an opportunity.

I looked for Erick. He walked away again outside.

I went off the stage and ran to the bathroom. Something inside me knew that I would cry.

Mai came in and comforted me. As I recovered myself and wiped the tears away, I listened to Mai and went to sit along with everyone. Naru looked concerned as to my wellbeing.

'Naru! Go and grab her a drink!'

'I will. Are you sure you're ok?'

'I'll be fine. Go. Now.'

He got up and asked Mai what she wanted to drink. She told him she would have soda. As he left, Mai looked at me.

'EEEEP! He's been nice to me all night! I don't know what got into him.'

'He loves you, Mai. What do you expect?'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes, Mai.'

'I'm still not sure, Rosy.'

Our mental conversation was interrupted as I saw a little wrapped box being put on my side. Suddenly someone sat next to me.

"Erick?"

"Hello, Rosy." He smiled.

I hugged him and looked at the box. "Is this for me?"

"Open it."

As I unwrapped my gift, and opened the box, I saw a beautiful bracelet with charms. "Thank you."

And blab la we hugged and everything. What surprised everyone was when Naru came with Mai's drink and... A gift?

Mai looked at it confused.

"Open it, dummy."

She did as was told. Inside was a beautiful necklace. She looked wide-eyed at Naru.

"It's a thank you gift and my Christmas present for all of your hard work and friendship. I really appreciate what you have done for us."

I saw as Mai's eyes watered and she hugged him.

"Thank you, it's beautiful. I love it."

"I'm glad you liked it."

I looked at him. 'Friendship?'

'Let me take things slowly, Rosy. You know it's hard for me to show affection.'

'You got that right.'

"I have to go yet again. I will be singing Agnus Dei."

"Agnus Dei? Isn't that a traditional song?"

"Indeed." I ran and left them to sing my opera-like song.

After I finished the song, I waited for a couple of more musicians to play and sing. Finally, I made it to the stage to sing a final song.

Mai's POV

As I began hearing the music to what Rosy was going to be singing, my face lit up and I smiled.

"I love this song!" It was All of me by John Legend

What would I do without your smart mouth

Drawing me in, and you kicking me out

Naru held his hand for me, and we went to the dance floor. I put my arms around his neck as he gently wrapped his arms around my waist. The pace was faster than I would like, but we managed to dance anyways.

Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down

What's going on in that beautiful mind

I'm on your magical mystery ride

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

I looked at Naru's eyes. They showed shyness.

My head's under water

But I'm breathing fine

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose I'm winning

'Cause I give you all, of me

And you give me all, of you

How many times do I have to tell you

Even when you're crying you're beautiful too

The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood

You're my downfall, you're my muse

My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues

I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you

This reminded me of everytime I knew he was hiding his emotions.

My head's under water

But I'm breathing fine

You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose I'm winning

'Cause I give you all, of me

And you give me all, of you

Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts

Risking it all, though it's hard

I hope that someday we might be together.

'Cause all of me

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges

All your perfect imperfections

Give your all to me

I'll give my all to you

You're my end and my beginning

Even when I lose I'm winning

'Cause I give you all of me

And you give me all of you

But for now, I will enjoy being his friend.

I give you all, all of me

And you give me all, all of you

Oh

What a perfect night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 430 33
In this series I'm going to continue the series, but with so occasional crossovers from other animes because I am a theorist who likes to connect eve...
34.9K 946 29
When Naru starts finding out the hidden feelings he has for Mai Taniyama, what will he do? Will he simply ignore them? Or, will he act upon them and...
11.4K 375 33
16-year-old Mia Taniyama's poor little heart was broken by the first person that she fell in love with. He denied her confession of love to him and h...
75.8K 2.5K 57
This is a fanfic for Ghost Hunt This is based on Mai and Naru's story in the future :) They go on new cases that are more dangerous then befo...