Severed Ties

De Lavender_Lovegood

On the run, from anyone who seeks the Blood Diamond, Alara Mortello and her soon to be husband Cameron Grayso... Mai multe

Welcome
Aesthetics
Memorable Dates
A Dance for You and I
Guns and Threats
A Frenchman's Flair
I Dare You
Masquerade you around
Kira Chen
Queen of Blood
Even in Death
Needle in a Haystack
To Have and To Hold
Emergency Contact
Something Blue
Captivity
Nolite
Fratelli
Forever hold your peace
Family
Oblivion
Warmth or lack there of
Shootout
Bite Me
The Fixer of All Things
Isobel
Whispers
Feud
Ardour
Tough Love
Bow or Bend
All that glitters
A Dance With Death
When Sparks Fly
Seven Minutes in Hell
Fool Me
Confessions
Dichotomy
Epilogue
Another's Demise

Farther than ever

367 7 6
De Lavender_Lovegood

Alara

The world was spinning. None of this could be true.

My heart constricted as I tried not to let the sickness in my stomach spread, my arm grabbed onto Cameron to balance myself.

"Darling?" his voice was smooth and comforting, and I felt I was going to collapse, but not like this. Not with all the chaos not with my so-called uncle before, not when I had just declared myself as the Queen of Blood.

I needed to be strong now more than any over time. There were what felt like a thousand eyes on me, wedding guests I didn't even know staring at me with eyes that held something I hadn't seen in a long time.

Respect.

Unwavering respect, and then as though the world wanted to mock me further, some people began to fall to their knees, "What's happening?" all the confidence in my voice had flaked away and I felt more overwhelmed than I ever had.

Alonso turned with a grin on his face, "They are bowing to their queen,"

"This is absurd, I'm not a real Queen," my voice was sharper now than it had been before, and I was half shouting at the crowd, I must have looked completely deranged with my ripped dress and blood all over me, "I just said that because it uh.." and then in the most stupid tone, so juvenile I whispered, "Because it sounded cool."

And at that, Cameron chuckled softly, pulling me close to him, "You'll always be a Queen in my eyes, but it is a bit weird," his gaze raked over these unnamed people bowing their heads at me, and it took everything in me not to laugh.

"Can you make them stop?" I asked Alonso who seemed to be the only one with real authority here, there was a swarm of guards that didn't appear to belong to either the Wolfsbane or the Vipers loyal to Cameron, "Are those you're men?"

"Yes Alara dear, and of course, I can make them stop," he turned around the crowd and with a stern voice instructed, "All of you should rise. And you should not boy but hang your heads in shame, coming to this, celebrate a coerced marriage, and now your loyalties sway like the wind. You are not worthy of the Blood Queen,"

Still a little distraught by the title I poked Alonso's arm softly, "Again, I'm not really sure if I want to be the Blood Queen,"

He gave me an easy smile, "It is those that do not want power who are the most deserving of it. And you Alara dear are the most deserving of it,"

"I have to agree," Cameron added smoothly, his eyes sparking as he looked at me, "My wife," My heart soared at those simple words. Giving me a new wave of energy expelling the sickness deep in my heart and replacing it with only the purest of loves, "Deserves to be a Queen."

"I guess that makes you king," I added softly placing my palms in his and interlacing out fingers before pressing a light kiss onto his lips.

He looked speechless, his face tinged with the slightest red that no one else, would notice, you had to be close, so close you could feel his heartbeat to see it. And what a beautiful thing it was to see.

Cameron Grayson, blushing.

"No Alara, a Queen doesn't need a king, I am anything but a king, but I will be your protector if you'll let me,"

"And I yours, that's how this works. We will be there for each other, through everything, and now we need to sort out this mess. Because I don't quite believe it, I can't just accept that I'm not who I thought I was. I'm Alara Mortello, " and I paused a moment before flashing a wicked grin at Cameron, "Alara Mortello Grayson,"

And I don't think even the brightness of the moon could contend with that of the smile that broke out across Cameron's face. 

"I can't be Alara Torres, I don't even know this Vincent who you claim to be my father. Sure I have a bit of Italian in me, but that's from generations ago, I can't be who you say I am. I can't be your niece you must be wrong,"

Alonso considered my words, he dipped his head, "I understand dear, this must be hard al of this, all that you have been through. You may resent him at first, you're father, you're real father that is. But Vincent had never stopped caring about you, it was just pertinent that you were far enough away from all the danger. As you have experienced, there are many after the power that you are the key to. And Vincent, my brother knew this. He tasked me with relocating your mother and you."

I felt a little bit of comfort bloom inside me, at least Ma was still mine, still my mother amongst it all, "So Ma? She's still my Mum, and Theo? Still my brother,"

"Half-brother, "Alonso corrected and my eyes immediately sought out Theo, who had been there for me my entire life, who had given me piggy back rides, stood up to my fa- To Damon Mortello when he was too harsh of me. My brother who I loved with my entire heart. 

"He's my brother," I stood firmly whilst speaking, "He will always be my brother, I don't care if it's half because of genetics or some shit. Theo will always be my brother,"

And Alonso didn't disagree with me.

"I was tasked with moving your mother, finding her a more conspicuous place in the underworld. Damon Mortello's gang was small and unassuming, the perfect place for you and your mother, and they were married."

"But Vincent? Did he not object to that?" 

A sombre look passed across Alonso's features, "Though I can assure you that your father loves you, he did not expect you,"

There was a lump in my throat, so I was just one big mistake.

Figures.

Maybe that's why my life was so messed up.

"Oh," and I could feel my face twist into a look of sadness which felt utterly misplaced. I didn't even know this man why would I even care what he thought or what he had done? 

"Hey, sweetheart," Cameron's ever so soft voice floated into my ears and filled me with  a certain warmth that only he could evoke, "Don't worry about it, none of that matters."

"I'm afraid, " Alonso began once more, as he turned to face his soldiers that had cleared the room, so all that was left were our friends and his guards. Cameron's mother had been ushered back in with Echo followed by a boy who had spindly arms and striking blue eyes. Soft blonde hair and a face pinched with sadness, that was until his eyes lifted to meet Cameron's and then in a matter of moments he was running over to Cameron.

Cameron dropped my arms as the boy pummelled into him, all arms and legs, gripping onto Cameron like the Earth would swallow him whole the moment he let go.

He was sobbing and pressing his face deep into Cameron's suit, and Cameron held him just as tightly, I could see a sheen of moisture in his eyes, "Hey, Hey, Con, it's ok, it's ok, I've got you," and the boy pulled back his face pinched and it was then I realised how very similar they looked, despite the opposing colours of hair and eyes, their face structure was strikingly similar. Both had high cheekbones, perfectly shaped lips and sloped noses that matched the other carved contours of their faces. 

I saw the boy, turn to me, his eyes wide and as he pulled from Cameron he whispered, "Is this her?"

I didn't know what to say but thankfully Cameron answered for me, "Yeah, this is Alara, my wife,"

I went to say hello but before the words could leave my mouth he had already spoken again.

"Wow," and then with awe I would never have expected to be directed at me, especially in my current state, "She's beautiful."

Cameron laughed an easy laugh before pulling me close with one arm and Con with the other, "Yeah she is, Alara, darling, this is my brother, Connor,"

My breath fell short, "You're brother?"

"Yeah, I guess today is the day for us all to discover our lost relations."

I matched his playful tone, "Yeah I guess," and then I turned to his brother, seeing the similarities in even more detail in the way they smiled, the placement of dimples and the apples of their cheeks were verging on identical, "Hey Connor, I guess I'm your sister-in-law now! It's great to meet you,"

Then without warning, Connor rushed towards me pulling me into a hug, having closer look at him, it became clear that he wasn't too much younger than Cameron. 

And as he hugged me he whispered, "I'm so glad I didn't have to marry you," and I pulled back slightly bewildered.

"Uh..."

"I'll explain later, "Cameron added, hugging us both and then out of the corner of my eye I saw Cameron's mother, her smile was broad there were tears in her eyes and then with her perfectly painted red lips she mouthed, "Thank you," 

Her gun was still pressed in my free hand, I hadn't let it go after I had shot Carlisle, and now it had made dents into my skin, leaving angry red marks on my skin.

It was the whole gang rushed over to us, "Girl, you have got to be kidding me," Mel rushed out, as she pulled Cameron and me apart, "Me and Leo come and save your arses and you don't even give us a hug, now Lara, I'm torn, you've broken my heart,"

"You're ice cold heart you mean," Cameron teased, to which Mel punched him in the shoulder hard.

"Ow, that hurt," and it was so odd to see Cameron be hurt by a mere punch but I knew better than anyone that Mel had a killer right hook.

"Good it was supposed to, you have a lot of explaining to do. Up and leaving and not even giving us updates when you said you were going off the grid I didn't think that included us,"

And then a voice joined the fray, "Indeed Grayson," I spun to see Theo standing there in a black dress shirt and trousers the same cynical look on his face that I had grown so used to. Overcome with the need to hug him I rushed over to him, throwing my arms around him and pulling him close, finding comfort in the steady beat of his heart, which wasn't even elevated and I couldn't possibly comprehend how with all the chaos we had all been through.

"You came," I whispered.

He paused a moment, staring deeply into my eyes, and promising, "I'll always come for you Lara, you're my sister. You will always be my sister," and then his eyes landed on Alonso and just from that singular look I knew that he had overheard our conversation. 

Alonso said nothing more on the subject, returning back to trying to convince me to come with him, "Alara, Cameron, I don't know how to implore you to listen to me but you must. There is a war coming, a war where you are the prize," to be objectified in such a way over and over had made my throat taste like acid, the bile that was clawing up from my stomach, trying to expel any part of me that was valuable to anyone. I had contemplated taking the nail scissors and cutting my birthmark off but lord knows what trouble that would land me in. 

"A war that the whole force of the Vipers and Wolfsbane, and even when added to the Mortel that are loyal to Theo, none of it is enough to protect you. And as your family," he emphasised the word boring into my soul as he said it, trying to coerce me into believing the words that were being spoken, "Force that the Italian Mafia has, to keep you safe," and then he turned to Cameron with a steady look, I had noticed that his grip on me had become tighter, like he never wanted to let me go, "I'm not asking you to separate, I am not asking you to do something so unbelievably difficult that you should refuse. I believe a father should have every right to see their daughter,"

And I had to scoff at this, though part of me had images of a loving father someone who wasn't as desolate and removed as the man I had considered my father for all of my living memory, it would be foolish to think the leader of the largest and most dangerous Italian Mafia would be all sunshine and rainbows. No, if anything, he would be worse than Damon Mortello.

There was one thing that Alonso had forgotten to mention though that completely changed my mind, "Your mother is already in Italy under the protection of Vincent Torres. Though they were never truly in a relationship, they remain friends to this day, and I'm sure your mother would love to see you,"

The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them, I pulled Cameron forward, and bitterly admitted, "Let's go meet my father."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

82.4K 1.1K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
935K 20.2K 34
"You don't want me I'm broken. Unfixable." "Broken or not your still my princess." Soon his lips are on mine and sparks flew all my worries for once...
83K 5.8K 49
☑️Completed☑️ ✨Book 1/3✨ "'I'm not scared of you.' I relaxed my fearful face and looked at him sternly. I felt his warm breath against my ear. 'You...
Burnt Lies De Nadi Alom

Proză scurtă

199K 3.5K 63
Alara Mortello would do anything for her family even if it means being thrust into a marriage with the most ruthless man from their rival gang. Came...