Your love will be the death o...

By SirenFn

"Your love will be the death of me" Those were the words of the madman. - - - - - - - - - - - - ◇ - ☆ - ◇... More

A/N
0. PROLOUGE
1. The Madman
2. Unwelcoming
3. The List
4. The List (Part 2)
5. Annoyance
6. Long Walk
7. The Doctor
8. Pleasant Surprise
10. Meeting
11. Malfunction
12. First Week
13. Preperations
14. Debt Collecting
15. Café
16. The Harbingers
17. Prime
18. Love?
19. Lab Work
20. Busy
21. Clones
22. Il Dottore
23. Confusing
A/N
24. Too Early
25. Departure
26. Dreams
27. Comfort
28. The Next Morning
29. Relaxing
30. Relaxing (Part 2)
31. Relaxing (Part 3)
32. Rumours
33. Confessions
34. Complications
35. INTERLUDE
36. Catching Up
37. Caught
38. More Clones
39. Return
40. The Letter
♡ 100K Special ♡
41. Breakfast Together
42. Assasins
43. The Doctor's Heart
44. The Doctor's Heart (Part 2)
45. INTERLUDE
A/N
46. Waking Up
Valentines Day Special
47. Working Together
48. His Room
THE CLONES
49. Ruin Graders and Sweet Words

9. Assistant

6.9K 208 309
By SirenFn

The walk back to your quaters hadn't exactly been pleasant, not painful but rather uncomfortable.

The memory of that needle made a shiver run down your spine.

However, you had to admit, you were quite surprised at how kindly that segment had treated you, he seemed to be all bark no bite, for now at least.

You opened the door to you quaters to find a small purple box laying on your bed, elegantly wrapped with a black ribbon. A small note had been pushed under the ribbon and it read,

"To help with the segments
- Scaramouche"

You really didn't want to undo the ribbon as it looked so pretty, but you did so anyways and found a small notebook and quill tucked inside the box.

You took it out and flipped to the first page of the notebook where another small note was tucked between the cover and the first page.

"Thought you might need this, it certainly helped me keeping something like this. Oh and congrats, you survived your first day with Dottore, though I doubt it was Him.
-Scaramouche."

Well that wasn't ominous at all. You decided to not down your experience from today with 'Clone 219' as you had decided to call him.

After writing a few notes and your opinions so far you tucked the notebook and quill away in a drawer before getting yourself ready for bed.

You were completely exhausted and pretty much passed out when you got into your bed.

You'd have to ask for blue sheets instead of purple ones now that you were working under Dottore.

《 The next morning 》

You had woken up an hour earlier than normal in an attempt to prepare yourself for your first full day as Number 2's assistant.

You carried out your usual morning routine and that took you to around quater to seven.

You left a note for later to remind you to buy a proper pocket watch as soon as you could.

After that you made sure your uniform was in good order and you weren't forgetting anything before heading to the 'Higher Member Staff Room' it was mainly for The Harbingers and their assistants.

You opened the door cautiously half expecting a few Harbingers to be in the room before realising the only people present were Pulcinella's assistant and Pierro's assistant.

"Morning Y/n," spoke Pulcinella's assistant, Sonya Solkov.

"Good to see you Y/n" said Pierro's assistant, Sidwell Bough.

"Hey you two,"

"Did you actually get put under Dottore?" Sonya questioned you.

"Sonya, please, I already told you Pierro and Prime Dottore were talking about this yesterday," Sidwell sighed, shaking his head slightly and the younger girl.

"Yeah I got put under him, also I know it's probably classified or whatever, but why were Dottore and Pierro talking about me?" You asked Sidwell, you had to admit you were caught of guard that Pierro even noticed you and nervous to find out what he was saying about you.

"Actually, I don't think it is, but just in case I'll give you the short version, Prime was asking for your file and Pierro told him he should already know everything from a meeting with Scaramouche, Prime then said something about Scaramouche being a brat and only telling him not to hurt a hair on your head, Pierro laughed for a moment and handed him your file and they were talking about the things in your file,"

You nodded in acknowledgement and made yourself some toast and a cup of tea before sitting down at the table for awhile, as you weren't starting until 8 so you didn't have to worry about being late or going in on an empty stomach.

You spoke briefly with the two other assistants in the room before they had to leave to report to their individual Harbingers.

After finishing your small breakfast and tea you began to make Dottore's coffee.

You left the staff room with around 15 minutes to get to the lab.

You walked down the stairs careful not to spill any coffee on your way down.

You knocked on the lab door and heard the same clicking and unlocking sounds you had heard on your previous times entering the lab before being met by the same face you had seen yesterday.

"Good morning Lord Harbinger,"

"You're early,"

He took the coffe from your hands and opened the door wider to allow you in.

He walked over to a desk tucked into a further corner of the room, placing down his cup and then picking up a small stack of papers and a notebook.

He walked over to you and placed them in your hands.

"These are to be completed by midday, you are to be back here by half past twelve at the latest, Prime wants to see you then so make sure you keep an eye on the time. If theres any problems with the work leave it until when you meet with Prime and he'll walk you through it or he'll kill you. Depends on what mood he's in," he told you, "Any questions? Except for the meeting with Prime, everything I know I've just told you so don't bother asking about that,"

"Just one, what do I do with the work once I'm finished with it,"

"Bring it to me at the end of the day,"

"Yes Sir,"

"Well, enjoy your first day," he threw his hands in the air before returning to sit at his desk.

You bowed slightly and left heading for your office in Haeresys.

You assumed the meeting with Prime was most likely just to tell you the rules of the lab or talk about your file so you decided not to worry about it too much.

There were a few agents guarding Haeresys and they saluted you as you passed, although you were only a Luitenant it was no secret most of the Harbingers respected you, and so did quite a few of the agents. Most  of the time you spent under Scaramouche was calming him down so he didn't kill new recruits, and well, people liked to talk, even in Zapolyarny Palace.

You sat down at your desk and flicked through the paperwork you were given, most of it was similar to what you had to complete under Scaramouche, others were reports that you had to read over and sign, and the majority of the papers were just new equipment and weapons that had been developed in the lab, those also only needed reading and a signature or two.

So you got to work as soon as you could. Starting with the reports, which were all handwritten compared to the weapon developments which had been written on a typewriter.

There wasn't anything particularly eye-catching other than a new type of pistol that could easily be concealed and even camouflaged to match the colour of your outfit or your surroundings.

After signing off on all of those you worked through the other papers one by one, signature after signature, correction after correction.

You worked until every last paper was done.

This took a few hours but it was rather interesting, you had learned alot from just reading over those papers.

And finally you were done. In good time too, you had finished at 11 o'clock.

New personal record.

You went back to the staff room and made yourself some tea before grabbing some biscuits and making your way back to Haeresys.

I'll have lunch after this meeting.

You finished your tea and biscuits and made your way down to the lab.

You were slightly early but Clone 219 did say half twelve at the latest so you went down anyways.

You knocked once again on the lab door and it opened rather quickly this time, you were once again greeted by Clone 219.

"If you're trying to make a good impression don't bother" he said opening the door for you to step inside.

This time you followed him over to his desk and he offered his chair to you.

"Actually I finished my work almost an hour ago, I didn't have anything else to do so I thought it would be best if I waited down here, Sir," you added the 'Sir' at the end to be respectful becuase you had a feeling he knew you had mentally rolled you eyes at his remark.

"You're better than the last one," he said simply before sitting on the desk facing you, "So I take it the work wasn't too hard for you then?"

"No sir,"

"Drop the sir bullshit, your fake respect is giving me a headache,"

"So you can read my mind"

"Yes, I can, and you'd better be a good actor becuase Prime will take none of that shit,"

The mention of the 'Prime' Dottore shut you up for sure.

Clone 219 let out a loud laugh, "You're actually scared of him, although I have to say thats very sensible of you, even I'm terrified of that prick,"

You raised a brow at that comment.

He's scared of older him?

"I wouldn't phrase it like that but sure, whatever makes you happy, also can't you think of anything more original than 'Clone 219' I mean that's such a mouthful," he said rolling his eyes.

"Appologies, it just seemed easiest is all, I didn't think you would care to be perfectly honest,"

He scoffed before looking towards the clock.

"I'm sure you'll think of something, anyways, it's time you meet Prime, the door to his office is just over there, good luck!" He said before jumping off his desk and looking in drawers and cabinets behind you.

You walked over to where 219 had pointed previously and took a look back at the clone, who had stopped his searching to watch you go in, he gave you a small nod and you knocked on the door.

A deep voice spoke from the other side.

"Come in,"

And with that you turned the handle and walked into Il Dottore's office.

A/N

we love the cliffhanger 😋

also i think u guys should come up with a name for 219 cuz i acc cant think of one 😒

OMG BYE I JUST REALISED HOW LONG THIS IS HELP

oh well ty all for reading so far 💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 18.8K 74
Dottore x Reader book here we go. I'm excited to write this one I've been waiting a bit now. So enjoy some more Dottore
30.1K 929 18
𝑴𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐𝒚-𝑰𝒍 𝑫𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒙 𝒇𝒆𝒎 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓-𝑺𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒍 𝒕𝒐 '𝑷𝒆𝒕' Since the last events,the second Fatui Harbinger h...
115K 3.9K 20
❝subject 067, you read my files, didn't you?❞ ♡_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐♡ a story about you, the test subject, falling in love with the your obsessed scie...
6.6K 391 32
❝ 𝙰𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢: 𝙰 𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚕, 𝚊𝚕𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗, 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊. ❞ In every lif...