The white winds - Game of th...

By targaryen14

Three women who goes on very different journeys Kiara, the bastard daughter of the kingslayer who falls in lo... More

Cast - Season 1
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Cast - Season 2

Chapter 8

38 1 2
By targaryen14

KING'S LANDING

Arina and Catelyn have now arrived to the capital.  

"Fewer eyes back here, my ladies but still too many."  Rodrick tells them. 

"It's nine years since i've set foot in the capital.  And no one knew who i was the last time i cam here, either."  Catelyn tells them. 

But then they look up and sees two guards riding towards them. 

"Welcome to King's landing, Lady Stark and Lady Greyjoy. Would you mind following us?"  They tells them. 

Arina is confused, not sure what's happening. 

"I would.  We've done nothing wrong."  Catelyn tells them. 

"We've been instructed to escort you into the city"  The guards keeps telling them. 

Catelyn scoffs "Instructed?  i don't know who's providing your instructions. but..."

The guards cuts her off by giving her a letter. "Follow me, my ladies."

Catelyn looks at it and knows exactly who has sent for them. She looks at Arina who's confused and gives it to her. 

Arina looks at it and sighes "Petyr." She whispers.  They follow the guards. 

The guards show them to Petyr's quarters, a brothel.  

They run into the room where he sits with two women.  

He smiles when he sees them. "Cat! Arina!"   He tells the women to go upstairs. 

Arina shakes her head "You're a snake lord Baelish."

Cat throws the paper on him.  "You take us for some back-alley Sally you can drag to a.."  But she stops when she sees a prositute trying to walk in but Petyr make her get lost. 

Petyr sighes "I mean no disrespect to you two of all people. "

Arina shakes her head "How dare you bring us here.  Have you lost your mind! We're ladies!"

"No one will come looking for you here. Isn't that what you both want? I'm truly sorry about the locale."  Petyr tells them. 

"How did you know we were coming to King's landing?"  Catelyn asks him. 

"A dear friend told me" Petyr tells them and points behind them which makes them turn.  

"Lady Stark, Lady Greyjoy"  The man greets them. 

Arina nods "Lord Varys."

Lord Varys walks up to them "To see you again after so many years is a blessing, both of you."

Arina looks at him "How did you know we were coming?"

"Knowledge is my trade, my lady.  Did you bring the dagger with you, by any chance?"  Varys asks her. 

Arina looks at Catelyn which makes Varys smile.  "My little birds are everywhere.  Even in the North."   Catelyn nods at Rodrick to pick up the dagger and gives it to Varys. 

Varys looks at it "Valyrian steel."

"Do you know whose dagger this is?"  Catelyn asks. 

Varys sighes "I must admit i do not."

Petyr smiles "Well, well. This is an historic day.  Something you don't know but i do.  There's only one dagger like this in the Seven kingdoms.   It's mine."

Catelyn looks at him shocked "Yours?"

Petyr nods "Atleast it was, until the tornaument on prince Joffrey's last nameday.  I bet it on ser Jaime in the jousting as any sane man would.  When the knight of the flowers unseated him.  I lost this dagger."

Catelyn looks at him worried "To whom?"

"Tyrion Lannister, the imp." Petyr tells them.  

Arina, Catelyn and ser Rodrik are waiting for Petyr.  He's gone to tell Ned that they here.  

Arina was walking to the balcony and there she saw Ned chocking Petyr. 

She sighes "Ned! We're here."  Ned looks at her and pulls away from Petyr and walks in. 

Ned comes up and when he sees Cat, he sighes in relief and brings her into a hug.  Arina smiles at them.  When Petyr comes up they pull away.  

"The mere suggestion that the queen's brother tried to kill your boy would be considered treason."  Petyr tells them.

Catelyn looks at him "We have proof. We have the blade."  

"Which lord Tyrion will say was stolen or lost from him. The only who could say otherwise has no throat.  Thanks to your boy's wolf."

Catelyn looks at Ned "Petyr has promised to help us find the the truth.  He's like a little brother to me and Arina. He would never betray our trust." 

"I'll try to keep you alive, for her sake"  Petyr tells  them and walks out. 

Catelyn looks at Arina "I need you to stay here with Ned and the girls."

Arina looks at her shocked "What? I promised Gabrielle i would be back.  I gave her my word."

Catelyn sighes "I'll explain everything to her but i need you to do this Arina, please?"

Arina sighes "Fine. But you have to promise you will protect my daughter."

Catelyn nods "I will, i promise."

It's now time for Catelyn to leave, Ned and Catelyn has their moment. 

After a bit Arina walks up to them.  She looks at Catelyn and smiles.

"Please be careful. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you."

Catelyn smiles "You too. We're Tullys."

Arina smiles "And Greyjoys and Starks.  We're strong."

Catelyn pulls Arina into a hug "I love you sister."

Arina smiles "I love you too." They pull away. "Now go. We'll be alright."

Catelyn goes to her horse.  Her and ser Rodrik rides off. 

Ned looks at her "Come on. Let's go get your room."  Arina nods and follow her.  

Kathryn is sitting with Robert in his chambers drinking wine. 

"So how is that Husband of yours? The knight of the flowers." Robert asks her. 

She sighes "He's fine.  I know he's not what you pictured as a husband for me.  But he's a good man.  I wouldn't want to be married to anyone else."  She tells him. 

Robert nods "Good then. I'm glad he makes you happy.  most married people aren't. I can test to that." He laughs. 

Kathryn smiles "It's good to see you Robert."

Robert smiles "It's good to see you too."

 Ser Barristan then comes in.  They start talking about the war.  

"It's been a long time. But i remember every face. Do you remember your first"  Robert asks him. 

Kathryn could tell he feels unsure if he should talk about it with her present. 

She turns to look at him "You don't have to worry. My brother has shared many of his combat stories with me. I'm used to it. Go on."

Barristan nods and walks up to them "Of course, your grace."

Robert looks at him "Who was it?"

"A Tyroshi. Never learned the name"  He answers. 

Robert nods "How'd you do it?"

"Lance through the heart."  He answers. 

Robert smiles "Quick one, lucky for you. Mine was some Tarly boy at the battle of Summerhall.  My horse took an arrow so i was on foot, slogging through the mud.  He came running at me, this dumb highborn lad thinking he could end the rebellion with a single swing of his sword.  I knocked him down with a hammer. Gods i was strong then.  Caved in his breastplate.  Probably shattered every rib he had.  Stood over him, hammer in the air. Right before i brought it down he shouted, wait! wait!."  Robert laughs. 

"They never tell you how they all shit themselves. They don't put that part in the songs. Stupid boy.  Now the Tarlys bends the knee like everyone else."

"Wine!" He yells to the wine holder.  Kathryn feel bad for the boy. 

"Lancel, what a stupid name. Lancel Lannister?  Who named you? Some half-wit with a stutter." Robert mocks him but he then looks down at the glass and sees it's not even half full.  

"What are you doing?"  He asks.  

"It's empty, your grace."  Lancel answers. 

"What do you mean it's empty? Then get more!"  With that Lancel opens the door where Jaime stands. 

"Tell your cousin, Kingslayer, get in here."  Jaime walks in and Lancel closes the door. 

Robert scoffs "Surronded by Lannisters. I'm really glad you're here sister, someone here that actually looks like me.   Everytime i close my eyes i see their blonde hair and their smug, satsified faces."

Robert looks at Jaime "It must wound your pride, huh?  Standing out there like a glorified sentry.  Jaime Lannister, son of the mighty Twin.  Forced to mind the door while your king eats and drinks and shits and fucks.  So, come on. We're telling war stories.  Who was your first kill? Not counting old men." J

"One of the outlaws in the brotherhood."  Jaime answers. 

Ser Barristan nods "I was there that day.  You were only a squire. Sixteen years old."

Jaime nods "You killed Simon Toyne with a counter riposte.  Best move i ever saw."

Ser Barristan smiles "Good fighter, Toyne. But he lacked stamina."

"Your outlaw... any last words?"  Robert asks Jaime. 

"I cut his head off, so no."  Jaime answers. 

"What about Aerys Targaryen?  What did the mad king say when you stabbed him in the back. I never asked.  Did he call you a traitor? Did he plead for a reprieve?"  Robert asks. 

"He said the same thing he'd been saying for hours...  Burn them all."  Jaime answers.  With that air left the room.  

"That's all, your grace." Jaime nods and walks out. 

Kiara is in her room brushing her hair. 

"Your father, Jaime Lannister"  The guard outside her room tells her. 

"Let him in"  She answers and the door opens.  

She sits down by her table "What do you want?"

Jaime sighes and closes the door. 

"The reason why i don't speak about your mother is because it's hurts too much.  I will tell you her name, nothing more. Atleast not yet."

Kiara nods "Okay."

Jaime takes a deep breath "Nera. Nera Frey"

Kiara gasps. "She was a Frey."

Jaime "Yes. And she's dead."

Kiara nods. Jaime walks up to her and kisses her on her head "I love you"

Kiara smiles "I love you too."

Jaime smiles "Goodnight"  And he walks out.  

Kiara takes a deep breath. She knows her mother's name.  

Arina is staying in King's landing! Kiara knows now her mother's name.  I hope you guys like this chapter and please tell me your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 4.3K 48
D I S C O N T I U E D and R E W R I T T E N Rhae Waters is the sweet, innocent little sister of Viserys and Daenerys Targaryen, who's five years y...
227K 3.7K 19
- UNDER EDITING - On the day that her father, the Mad King Aerys II, was killed, Princess Visenya Targaryen, the true heir to the Iron Throne, became...
13.6K 247 32
Robb survives the Red Wedding. With a broken heart, no army and only Greywind by his side, he tries to rise from the ashes of his reign and avenge th...
51.9K 2.5K 60
Amelia Baratheon the eldest daughter of Cersei and Robert, Twin of Joffrey gets set up with Robb Stark on their trip to Winterfell. But things take a...