Ascending Towards the Sun

By ShonuaSDK

After being reborn Hua Ying was granted his wish, not remembering Lan Zhan, for thirteen years he remained aw... More

Chapter One Ascension
Chapter Two Once again pulled in
Chapter Three Back at Dafan Mountain
Chapter Four The Dancing fairy
Chapter Five Cloud Recesses
Chapter Six The demonic Arm
Chapter Seven Xinglu Ridge
Chapter Eight The Demonic Legs
Chapter Nine The story of Xiao XingChen
Chapter Ten The Demonic torso
Chapter Twelve Coffin City
Chapter thirteen Mannequin home
Chapter Fourteen Xue yang's Betrayal
Chapter Fifteen The true Form of the Demon Ghost Supreme
Chapter Sixteen Parting of Ways
Chapter Seventeen The headless corpse
Chapter Eighteen Secrets revealed
Chapter Nineteen Memories of MingJue
Chapter 20 Death of Mo Xuanyu
Chapter Twenty-One This Promise I Make
Chapter Twenty-Two A Chance to say Goodbye
Chapter Twenty-Three The truth at Lotus Pier
Chapter Twenty-Four A part of me is within you
Chapter Twenty-Five Guanyin Temple
Chapter Twenty-Six The unexpected twist in the truth
Hi there, Just another Notice

Chapter 11 The truth comes to Light

363 25 0
By ShonuaSDK

Staring at the spot where Le' Fray just left the feeling of foreboding crept up to him, he needed to finish this then get home it was safer, home was safer. Hua Ying shook his head and walked out the door of his room and silently opened the door to Lan Zhan's making sure that he was still asleep he closed it then walked out the inn and breathed in the stale air, he missed Yuandao at times like these.

He made sure that everything was built around the forest and not through it, the animals never bothered them because everyone was there, ghosts, heaven's officials and celestial's all among the mortals. He missed his training ground where he trained all the little ones and ran with them, he missed his measuring snake!

Yes, home was safe, soon it wouldn't be safe for him here and that look Le' Fray gave him means he'd be in the middle once again.

Walked just to the outskirts of town to a desolated area, Hua Ying took out the bamboo flute, placed it on his lips and played a melody that he had made for Wen Ning all those years ago before he came conscience. As he waited, he thought as to why he had never summoned Wen Ning in front of Lan Zhan and the reason was purely fear, fear that if he had Lan Zhan would cut down Wen Ning for what happened at koi tower, that and he wanted to hide his identity.

He had never thought that Lan Zhan had already figured it out but how, thinking back it wasn't because of Jin Ling because he never knew the brat was his Shijie's until Jiang Cheng came and being concerned with A-Yu, Lan Zhan never had the chance to see his eyes, until he called Wen Ning then he stared he said it wasn't because of Wen Ning because Lan Zhan didn't know that once you waken a corpse it stays loyal to its master so in Lan Zhan's mind anyone with enough knowledge of demonic cultivation and spiritual essence could've summoned Wen Ning. Hua Ying looked up as he heard the jingle of the chain before his figure appeared out of the shadows. Wen Ning was dressed in all black and the clothes was tattered his head was cast down as he came to a halt in front of Hua Ying.

Brother whispered Hua Ying as he reached for Wen Ning's face, lift your head. As Wen Ning lifted his head Hua Ying saw the pupil-less eyes, white and staring the black veins ran across his jaw and down his chest, this was what happened when he raged, how is he so calm? Who would lock away my A-Ning's conscience? Hua Ying took his hand away and placed it behind his back and slowly paced around Wen Ning.

Wen Ning shifted wanting to follow Hua Ying's footsteps, but Hua Ying looked up at him. Stand properly said Hua Ying then continued his pace looking for any irregularities but found none.

A-Ning what have they done to you? Asked Hua Ying there were many signs of torture, Hand ordered Hua Ying and Wen Ning extended his right arm Hua Ying softly grabbed his wrist and examined the iron cuff the was locked on Wen Ning, Wen Ning how is it possible for you to break these chains, wait no you didn't break them said Hua Ying as he followed the chains, you just ripped them from the wall he laughed.

They said you were turned to ashes just as sister Qing, yet they kept you. Bastards all of them are cruel torturous bastards! First, they try and restore the full stygian tiger seal and when that didn't work, they tied you up and tried to make you theirs they really should be punished, I never should've stopped the ghost realm until the all-perished growled Hua Ying as he pressed his fingers into Wen Ning's hair and felt around for the acapnial points, finding a hard nib on the right side and left side of his head Hua Ying grabbed and pulled.

Three needles on each side that looked like golden nails, so they couldn't control you while you were sane so instead, they tried to destroy that and your humanity? Fools what a bunch of fools, I'm sorry for the pain said Hua Ying as he changed to female and healed what he could from Wen Ning. It isn't enough it I was at least at 50% I could return you to your conscience but for now A-Ning I have healed what I could, and it will come back slowly. Said Hua Ying

As he looked down to inspect the needles, he noted the creator was fairly skilled. Putting them away, Hua Ying looked down at the chains on Wen Ning's wrists and ankles again, thinking to himself that it'd be a bit inconvenient for them to hang around and make noise. He'd need to use a cultivational sword to cut them off.

Yin Yu called Hua Ying

Yes, A-Ying asked Yin Yu

Take these, I want to know who crafted them why and for whom, use any means necessary and once you get the information end their life said Hua Ying

A-Ying? Asked Yin Yu

You do not hurt my family and get away with it! Said Hua Ying not taking his eyes off Wen Ning, even if he is a savage corpse stated Hua Ying as his eyes glowed red, I will find Nie Mingjue's killer and I will find who did this and will make sure that in this life and the next they suffer for every last cut and bruise.

Alright A-Ying I will do as you ask said Yin Yu as he left.

Calming down Hua Ying looked at Wen Ning again then realized he could've asked Yin Yu to cut the chains then looking at Wen Ning, stay here A-Ning, my wraiths are useless when it comes to those chains, they will die if they touch them, so I am going to see if Lan Zhan is still asleep and get Bichen to cut the chains from you alright. Said Hua Ying

Turning around I really wish I had Suibian by me said Hua Ying Hua Ying immediately bumped into the person he never expected to bump into Lan Zhan stood just behind him. Being in the state of mind he is in he never noticed Lan Zhan's presence at all and if Lan Zhan wanted no one to sense his presence then no one would not even Hua Ying himself. Looking up at Lan Zhan's cold face under the moonlight, Hua Ying's heart began to race. He didn't know how long Lan Zhan had stood there or what he had heard but he was sure that while Yin Yu was here Lan Zhan wasn't and that was a relief.

Lan Zhan crossed his arms in front of him and held Bichen in them. His expression was particularly stiff. Hua Ying had never seen him with such an obviously displeased expression on his face before. He felt that he needed to speak first and explain the situation, ease the atmosphere.

Lan Zhan? Asked Hua Ying, when Lan Zhan did not reply and saw that Lan Zhan was staring at Wen Ning Hua Ying became nervous, so he did the only thing that he could think of, he placed his hand on Lan Zhan's face and made him look at him. Lan Zhan?

Lan Zhan finally let down the hands that held Bichen and walked a few steps forward. Seeing that he went toward Wen Ning with a sword in his hand, Hua Ying thought that he was going to kill Wen Ning, Oh no. Don't tell me that Lan Zhan really pretended to be drunk so that he could kill Wen Ning after I summon him. Of course. Nobody actually gets drunk after just a bowl.

A-Zhan, listen to me said Hua Ying as he placed himself in between Wen Ning and Lan Zhan

Lan Zhan grabbed Hua Ying around the waist and pulled him to his side then with a loud smack, Lan Zhan hit Wen Ning, Lan Zhan turned and put sone distance between them. Although it sounded quite strong, it didn't actually do any damage. Wen Ning only staggered a few steps backward after the blow. He wobbled a bit and regained his balance, standing properly again with a blank face.

Wen Ning wasn't in a state as easily angered as when he flipped out in the past, but his temper wasn't too good either. During the night at Dafan Mountain, nobody could lay a sword on him before everyone was knocked down, he even held someone by his neck. If Hua Ying didn't stop him, he would've strangled every single one of the people at the scene. Yet, although Lan Zhan smacked him once, his head was still lowered, appearing as if he didn't dare to resist. Hua Ying thought that this was a bit strange, but he nevertheless felt relieved. If Wen Ning returned the strike and the two started fighting, it'd be even harder to intervene.

As if he didn't think one smack was enough to express his rage, Lan Zhan let go of Hua Ying pushed Wen Ning to about thirty feet away.

Go away! Said Lan Zhan annoyed

Hua Ying finally noticed what was wrong. With both the smack and the push Lan Zhan was speaking acting childishly possessive

After he pushed Wen Ning so that he was far away enough, Lan Zhan seemed as if he was finally satisfied. He turned around walked over to Hua Ying and again held him to his chest with his arm around his waist.

Hua Ying leaned away and looked at him, there was nothing wrong with Lan Zhan face or his expression, he wasn't flushed, and his breath wasn't short. When he walked, he held himself steady and with confidence, he looked as he always had like the cold, calm and righteous second master Lan, Hua Ying unwound himself from Lan Zhan's grasp not noticing the displeased look on Lan Zhan's face and looked down. Hua Ying started laughing Lan Zhan had placed his boots on the wrong foot. Sobering up Hua Ying looked at Lan Zhan and smiled

A-Zhan? How many fingers am I holding up asked Hua Ying as he bought two fingers in front of Lan Zhan's face.

Lan Zhan didn't answer and reached his hands out. With one on the left and one on the right, he solemnly wrapped his hands around both of Hua Ying's fingers.

With a clang, Bichen fell to the ground due to its master's negligence.

Giggling now, A-Zhan? Are you drunk? Asked Hua Ying

No. Said Lan Zhan

Drunk people usually didn't admit that they were drunk. Hua Ying took his fingers back. Lan Zhan attentively maintained his gesture of how he grasped Hua Ying's fingers, with both of his hands in loose fists. Hua Ying placed his hand on Lan Zhan's loose fist and bought them down to his side, then he stared up at the moon thinking "if A-Shi was here she would have a lot of fun with a drunken A-Zhan. Hua Ying bent down and picked up Bichen from the ground and carried into onto his back.

Alright A-Zhan. Let's go back. Said Hua Ying, he definitely couldn't let Lan Zhan roam around outside like this. Who knew what else he could do.

With an elegant nod, they went off. If someone passed by, they would've thought that these were two good friends strolling in the night and praised the refined act. Behind them, Wen Ning silently followed. Just as Hua Ying was about to speak to him, Lan Zhan whirled around and angrily smacked him once more. This time, it was on Wen Ning's head. Wen Ning's head was even more lowered due to the smack. Even though his facial muscles were rigid and couldn't make any sort of expressions, even though his eye whites couldn't make any sort of gazes, for some reason, he still looked as if he had been wronged. Not knowing whether to frown or laugh, Hua Ying grabbed Lan Zhan's arm.

What are you hitting him for? Asked Hua Ying

Lan Zhan grabbed Hua Ying by the waist again and pulled him close, Go away! He said to Wen Ning threateningly

Alright A-Zhan, I will make him go away if that is what you want said Hua Ying as he once again unwrapped himself from Lan Zhan grasp and took his bamboo flute and placed it to his lips.

Do not play for him! demanded Lan Zhan as grabbed Hua Ying's wrist removed the flute from Hua Ying possession

A-Zhan what I wrong with you? Asked Hua Ying confused

Do not play for him! said Lan Zan again but this time his anger was in his voice

Alright A-Zhan, alright said Hua Ying, then let me play for you.

Mn replied Lan Zhan as he let go of Hua Ying but did not return his flute to him

Sighing Hua Ying then whistled his command to Wen Ning "A-Ning hide, make sure no one finds you, be safe" slowly Wen Ning turned and walked dejectedly away dragging the chains behind him.

Let's go A-Zhan said Hua Ying as he took him by the hand and walked back towards the Inn.

Lan Zhan looked down at their hand as he was lead, by Hua Ying then pulled him to his side and intwined their fingers, Hua Ying was taken by surprise by the action.

A-Zhan? why doesn't your face flush at all? Asked Hua Ying

Lan Zhan stopped pulled Hua Ying towards his chest and embraced him, the heart beats he said gruffly

What? Asked Hua Ying

The face doesn't show anything. Listen to the heartbeats. Repeated Lan Zhan

Placing his ear just above Lan Zhan heart he heard the rapid beating, Hua Ying then removed his head and looked up.

So, what I can't tell from your face I can tell from your heart asked Hua Ying

Mn replied sincerely as he let Hua Ying go but kept him at his side and intwined their hands again.

In the past I could usually tell by your eyes, and you always use to smile and when you blushed it was your ears that turned pink said Hua Ying with a smile.

Mn replied Lan Zhan

As continued to walk at a leisurely pace and once they reach the Lan Zhan's room, Hua Ying opened the door and guided Lan Zhan back to the bed, sat him down, took for his misplaced shoes and placed them neatly by the foot of the bed, then went and bought a bowl of warm water and a towel, as he was about to remove Lan Zhan forehead ribbon Lan Zhan stopped him.

I'm sorry, you can remove it yourself said Hua Ying as he turned away.

Lan Zhan gentle grabbed him by the chin and turned Hua Ying head towards him, why does your female self, wear the same but a different motif? Asked Lan Zhan

I am the Goddess of the sun and a healer, the people that worship me decided that a man could not be of the sun as the sun means life and a healer was a woman's place as her heart was softer, men kill while women heal hence the motif the ribbon is what your father gave me once I ascended a gift, he explained what it means 'to regulate oneself" also that only family or your soulmate my touch yours. Since my family is so big everyone respects the no touching policy out of respect, but I think that they won't touch it until my soulmate and I are together my name is Hua Lee Ying, daughter of Xie Lian crowned heavenly emperor niece of the four great pillars and youngest sister of Dong Hua. Explained Hua Ying

Then your male counterpart? Asked Lan Zhan

Hua Ying changed into his true male form with the white jade 'bleeding hearts' on his forehead and was linked with red and black delicately crafted chains in his hair was black and red poppies intwined with gold wire his onyx horns curved to the back and was veined with silver, here I am black heart bleeding or Hua Lee Ying son of supreme ghost king crimson rain sought flower or Hua Cheng, son and heir to Yama and Meng Po of the demon realm, I too am a supreme Demon ghost king, the reason for my name is because those that I punish before I send them to make up for their crimes in the mortal world as mortals, when I punish them their hearts bleed black from the sins that they have committed explained Hua Ying and the form I show everyone is just me, just Hua Lee Ying son or daughter of both Xie Lian crowned heavenly emperor and ghost king Hua Cheng as he changed, just a founder of a mortal city named Yuandao.

Why don't I know this? asked Lan Zhan

You did... you use to... never mind remove your ribbon so that I clean your face please said Hua Ying as he looked away again.

You do it said Lan Zhan as he closed his eyes.

Lan Zhan, I can't... Hua Ying was about to reply but Lan Zhan opened his eyes and stared at him, fine I will, said Hua Ying as he gave in and took off Lan Zhan's ribbon, placed it neatly on the bed next to him wet the towel and wrung it out and started cleaning his face.

Lan Zhan, may I ask, the emperor's smile you have hidden in your room, have you ever tasted it before?

No replied Lan Zhan

The rabbits on the hill are they yours? Asked Hua Ying

Yes, replied Lan Zhan

Have you ever violated any rules before? Asked Hua Ying

Yes, replied Lan Zhan

As Hua Ying finished wiping Lan Zhan's face, he placed the bowl and the towel on the table next to him and got up to fetch water for Lan Zhan.

Drink said Hua Ying and Lan Zhan drank

May I ask do you like Jiang Cheng? Asked Hua Ying

No replied Lan Zhan

Why not? Asked Hua Ying, Lan Zhan just stared at him, ok fine he said, don't worry I do not like him either.

What about Wen Ning? Asked Hua Ying

No growled Lan Zhan

Why not he is my brother said Hua Ying then he remembered Koi tower, never mind I know why. Said Hua Ying sadly.

Then looking up again Hua Ying pointed at himself and how about this one asked Hua Ying

Mine. Replied Lan Zhan

Looking at where he was pointing, he realized that he still had Bichen on him, removing the sword and placing it beside the pillow as Hua Ying got up

How did you recognize me? asked Hua Ying Why did you help me?

Because I regret said Lan Zhan

Regret what asked Hua Ying what is there for you to regret?

That I was not at your side when you needed me most said Lan Zhan

It is fine said Hua Ying as he got up

Lan Zhan got up and faced Hua Ying before Hua Ying knew what was happening Lan Zhan had grabbed and pulled him in and placed his lips on Hua Ying's, first he struggled to break Lan Zhan's grasp but when Lan Zhan's tongue entered his mouth, he lost all will and kissed him back leaning into the kiss. Hua Ying retained some sanity and decided to make the drunk Lan Zhan sober again so this madness could end and that is what he did, Lan Zhan finally let go of Hua Ying and took a step back.

Are you sober now? growled Hua Ying as he placed his fingers on his lips. 

Out of all the stupid foolish things you could've done, did you honestly think that by kissing me it would erase all the hurt you caused? All the pain I had to suffer; I nearly shattered my own soul not only for you but the whole cultivational world! I will not be some martyr again so selfless am I not! Shouted Hua Ying as he made for the door.

Stop! Don't leave please said Lan Zhan as Hua Ying had his hand on the handle

Why shouldn't I leave Lan Zhan give me one good reason growled Hua Ying

I am sorry. I'm sorry for not expressing myself better when we were younger and you were doing your punishments, I am sorry for the way I had spoken to you when we went to the Waterbourne abyss, I am sorry for the way I acted in the tortoise of slaughter cave...

...When you died it was I that bought your sword back, I thought that through suibian I could contact you. but it sealed itself and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't find you...

...Jiang Cheng finally had taken your sword saying that you were of his sect and the sword belonged at the sect waiting your arrival that day at the ceremony I met a small boy that reminded me of you I still had your sword I made a promise before I gave suibian up:

"I swear I will forever look at you, I am sorry for never letting you know of my feelings, I am sorry for not kissing you in the cold pond. I bought your favorite, Emperor's Smile, I have them in the Jingshi, I will buy them all for you, but please come back."

Those are my words, that is what I swore! You came back after three months that night I saw you I knew it was you, but you disappeared both Jiang Cheng and I followed I wasn't looking at the destruction the heavens know they deserved it and more my eyes were on you, there have always been only on you. Said Lan Zhan

Yes, and then you wanted to lock me up for the path I took sneered Hua Ying

Not lock you up yes, I admit the way I went about it was wrong I admit... but ...it was... I wanted to protect you; I wanted you by me losing you once made me realize what you mean to me what you are for me said Lan Zhan

Is that why you came that day to the Yiling? Asked Hua Ying

Walking closer, that day I wanted to see you I had lied about the night hunt because I wanted to catch a glimpse of you said Lan Zhan

And what of after? Where were you when they killed my family, where were you when they slaughtered everyone whispered Hua Ying

Like father I was confined when news reached me of your death I broke out and searched for you but nothing was left, no one was left and I went back and secluded myself from the world again every day I would play enquiry and try find your soul for thirteen years I tried I never stop and if you didn't appear I would never stop, no matter what that spirit said, said Lan Zhan as he wrapped Hua Ying in his embrace, I am sorry for the hurt I've caused you.

Is that why you have the Wen brand on your chest? Asked Hua Ying

Mn replied Lan Zhan

Letting go of Lan Zhan and stepping out if his embrace and backed into the door Hua Ying looked up at him.

After thirteen years the misunderstanding that I had of you... I thought you hated me Lan Zhan anyway it is time for us to sleep it's almost nine, I shall see you tomorrow said Hua Ying as he turned to the door.

Stay. Please... stay with me said Lan Zhan

I got us two rooms already said Hua Ying

I don't care, stay. Said Lan Zhan as he came from behind and held him, I don't want to miss a moment anymore.

Alright Lan Zhan I will stay said Hua Ying.

Lan Zhan slowly turned him around and bought Hua Ying's head up ever so slightly and kissed him, Hua Ying wrapped his arms around Lan Zhan's neck and leaned in further deepening the kiss as Lan Zhan pressed him between the door and himself When they broke apart Hua Ying started laughing.

What? asked Lan Zhan

You have no shoes on firstly and now I understand what you meant by mine when I asked said Hua Ying. Come let's sleep.

They got into bed wrapped in each other's arms and fell asleep.

Early the next morning Hua Ying was the first to rise, he was getting hot, so he kicked off the blankets and removed his clothes, looking over he decided to do the same for Lan Zhan, he pulled Lan Zhan's sash and took off his shirt. Hua Ying paused as he saw the sear.

You are truly a fuddy duddy said Hua Ying softly as he touched the sear lightly. Lan Zhan shifted slightly as he felt the coolness then opened his eyes to see a half-naked Hua Ying looming over him.

Feeling eyes on him Hua Ying looked up, sorry I was getting hot and thought you might be too said Hua Ying with a smile

Mn said Lan Zhan as he grabbed and pulled Hua Ying on him that their skin met and then claimed Hua Ying's lips.

A shattering sound came from the center of the room, too many interruptions said Hua Ying as he got off of Lan Zhan and got dressed.

The Qiankun Pouches that had been on the table were becoming restless again, throwing the cups and teapots onto the ground. This time, with the three body parts together, it was even more wild. Last night, one of them was hopelessly drunk while the other was helplessly tormented, so of course they forgot all about the duet.

Serious business first. Come, come. Let's do serious business first. Smiled Hua Ying as he looked back at Lan Zhan watching as Lan Zhan put his clothes on then Hua Ying turned around and looked for his flute.

Don't worry A-Zhan, I am just looking for my flute, you took it away last night said Hua Ying, then pulled Lan Zhan's collars back up and tied his sash belt properly. And kissed him on the cheek

Lan Zhan looked at him with a complicated expression, as if he really wanted to ask about the details of what happened after he was drunk. However, he was used to finishing important tasks first, so, suppressing his questions, he put on a serious expression and took out the seven-stringed guqin. Of the three Qiankun Pouches, one held the left arm, another held the legs, and the last held the torso. The three parts could already form a large portion of the body. They influenced the others and the resentful energy multiplied, making them harder to deal with than before. The agitation only ceased after the two played Rest three consecutive times.

After Hua Ying put his flute away. He gathered up the body parts that rolled all over the ground when he suddenly bent down and looked at the torso.

Our dear friend hadn't been missing his workouts. Said Hua Ying as he smacked those abs a couple of times, Lan Zhan, look at him. If he were alive and I hit him, the impact would've bounced back and hurt myself. Just how on Earth did he train? asked Hua Ying as he smacked it two more times.

The tips of Lan Zhan's brows seemed to twitch, but he said nothing. Lan Zhan finally took over the Qiankun Pouches sealed the torso back in its pouch then tying a few more dead knots on each of the bag.

Don't tell me you're jealous over a corpse? asked Hua Ying

Last night, other than taking your flute, I... asked Lan Zhan

You? What else did you do? Nothing much, really. You just said a lot of things. Then I sobered you up and you know that happened after that

The Adam's apple on Lan Zhan's snow-colored neck bobbed slightly, What sort of things? He asked

You really like rabbits, and you don't like Jiang Cheng Laughed Hua Ying

Lan Zhan closed his eyes and turned his head to the side.

It's okay! I want to stay far from him as well and rabbits are so cute, who doesn't like rabbits? I also like them, mothers place is overrun with them and so is mine, honestly, my home is overrun with all sorts of creatures, but I don't mind at all, I don't believe in keeping an animal locked up free reign for everyone, including the children now that is a nightmare rambled Hua Ying.

When we learn the truth of what happened you will be returning home? Asked Lan Zhan

Yes, Lan Zhan I will be returning home I have many responsibilities that need to be taken care of right now my family is handling it, but it is still my responsibility after all said Hua Ying, wash up while I go get breakfast. This time, it's pointing at the Southwest. I will wait for you outside.

As he was about to go, Wait. Called Lan Zhan coldly

What? Asked Hua Ying

Do you have money? Asked Lan Zhan

Yes! I might not look like it but yes, I do don't forget your pouch and take it slow there is no need to rush grinned Hua Ying as he walked out the door.

Hua Ying sauntered downstairs left the inn, and strolled around the area, buying some snacks along the way. He sat down on a set of stairs and bathed in the sunlight as he ate. After having sat there for a while, a group of children ran across the street.

The child in the front ran as if he flew, holding a long string in his hand. At the end of the string, a kite danced up and down in the air. The children behind him had toy bow and arrows, shouting as they chased and shot at the kite. He couldn't help but raised his head to see how the kite that the children were flying looked. It was entirely golden, a round mass of some sort. He pondered to himself, what is this thing? A pancake? Or some beast that I don't know about? Suddenly, a gust of wind blew over. The kite wasn't that high in the first place, and it wasn't in an open space, so it was immediately knocked off.

Oh no, the sun fell! Cried the one child

Hua Ying understood at once. These children were probably playing a game in imitation of the Sun-shot Campaign.

The children stopped the chase and, gathered in contemplation, started to discuss.

What do we do? We didn't even shoot the sun, and it fell off by itself. Now who's the leader? Said the other child

Me, of course! I'm Jin Guangyao. I killed the Wen Sect's big villain! Said the smaller one

But I'm Nie Mingjue! I've won the most battles and captured the most people. I should be the leader! Said Small Nie Mingjue

But I'm the Chief Cultivator! Cried the little Guangyao

Little Nie Mingue raised swung his fist, So what if you're the Chief Cultivator. You're still my youngest brother. You'll have to run away whenever you see me anyways. He growled

Jin GuangYao did indeed cooperate and maintain his character. Flinching his shoulders, he quickly ran away. You short-lived idiot. Said another boy

Choosing a cultivator to be must have meant that they felt admiration toward the certain cultivator. Raged little Nie Mingjue, Jin ZiXuan, you died even earlier than I did, so you're more short-lived!

What's wrong with being short-lived? I'm ranked third. Said little Jin Zixuan

Even if you're third, it's only your face! Shouted little Nie Mingjue

One of the children seemed to be tired from all the running and standing. He also moved to the stairs and sat down beside Hua Ying. Waving his hands, he mediated between the two, Okay, okay. Let's stop fighting. I'm the YiLing Patriarch, so I'm the most powerful. So, if you guys insist so much, I can be the leader. Said the boy

Hua Ying looked down. There really was a small, wooden stick stuck beside the boy's waist, probably Chenqing. Only simple-minded children like this would deign to be the YiLing Patriarch, only discussing in terms of power, not whether he was good or evil.

No. I'm the SanDu ShengShou. I'm the most powerful. Sneered the little Jiang Cheng

Jiang Cheng, how is it possible for you to be better than me? Is there even one time that you didn't lose against me? How do you dare to say that you're the most powerful? Aren't you embarrassed? Said the little Yiling patriarch

Hmph, I can't be better than you? Do you remember how you died? Smiled little Jiang Cheng

The light smile on Hua Ying's face dissipated at once. It was as if he had suddenly been stung by his pet scorpion-snake. A faint, sharp pain came from all around his body.

Look at me! Chenqing on my left, the Tiger Seal on my right, along with the Ghost General, I'm invincible! Hahahaha... Holding a stick on his left hand and a rock on his right, he laughed for quite a while, Where's Wen Ning? Come out! Cried the little Yiling patriarch

A child from behind the crowd raised a hand and replied feebly, I'm here... Uh... I'm just saying... When the Sun-shot Campaign happened, I wasn't dead yet... Stammered little Wen Ning

Hua Ying felt that he really needed to interrupt. Cultivators, may I ask a question? Asked Hua Ying

What do you want to ask? Asked the little yiling patriarch

Why isn't there anyone from the Gusu Lan Sect? Asked Hua Ying

There is. Replied the little yiling patriarch

Where are they? Asked Hua Ying

The little yiling Patriarch pointed at a child who never said anything from the beginning to the end, That's him.

Hua Ying, the child had delicate features, the seedling of a charming, handsome man. A white rope wrapped around his smooth forehead, in place of a forehead ribbon.

Who is he? Asked Hua Ying

The "YiLing Patriarch" pouted in disdain, Lan Zhan.

These children understood the essence. Someone acting as Lan Zhan should indeed shut his mouth and stay silent!

Out of the blue, Lan Zhan's lips curled upward again.

When Lan Zhan came downstairs, he saw Hua Ying sitting on the stairs. A group of children sat around him, eating steamed meat buns together. Hua Ying ate his meat bun as he directed two children who stood back-to-back in front of him.

Now, in front of you, there are thousands of the Wen Sect's cultivators. All of them were heavily armed and surrounded you so closely that even a single drop of water wouldn't have leaked in. Your eyes should be sharper. Yes, that's it. Okay, Lan Zhan, pay attention here. You aren't how you usually would be. You're covered in blood! There's a lot of killing intent! You look scary! Wei WuXian, move closer to him. Do you know how to spin the flute? Let me see you spin it, with only one hand. Be cooler. Do you know how to look cool? Come, let me show you. Little Wei WuXian responded and gave the small stick to him. Hua Ying adeptly whirled "Chenqing" between his fingers, causing all of the children to crowd around him and gasp in awe.

Lan Zhan silently walked over. Seeing that he was here, Hua Ying gave Lan Zhan his hand who pulled him up then he dusted off his trousers and said goodbye to the children. laughing as he walked, almost as if he had taken some strange poison. Lan Zhan just stared at him

I'm sorry, Lan Zhan. I gave them all of the breakfast I bought for you. Let's buy some more. Said Hua Ying

Mn. Replied Lan Zhan

What do you think? Were those two kids cute? Guess who was the one with a rope tied around his forehead pretending to be? Asked Hua Ying

After a while of speechlessness, Lan Zhan finally couldn't hold it any longer, what else did I really do, last night?

Lan Zhan, you didn't do anything embarrassing at all besides you sobering up and found yourself kissing me that was about it and everything I had told you.

Then why did I take you flute? asked Lan Zhan

When I wanted to go to my room you thought I was leaving you, so you grabbed it lied Hua Ying, I'm going to talk serious business now.

Mn replied Lan Zhan

The coffin-slamming noises of the Chang Clan's cemetery had been silent for ten years. Suddenly starting again, it definitely wasn't a coincidence. There must've been some other cause. Said Hua Ying

What do you think the cause is? Asked Lan Zhan

Good question. I believe that the cause was the corpse being dug out. Said Hua Ying

Mn replied Lan Zhan

I think that the dismemberment of the corpse probably wasn't simply to seek revenge and vent hatred, but a malicious way of suppression. The person who cut up the corpse intentionally chose those places haunted by evil beings to place the body parts. Said Hua Ying

Combatting poison with poison. They balance out and keep each other in check. Said Lan Zhan as he took hold of Hua Ying's hand and intwined their fingers

That's right. So, since the gravedigger dug out the torso yesterday, there wasn't anything to suppress the Chang Clan's resentful spirits anymore, so that coffin-slamming noises started again. It's the same as how the Nie Sect's Saber Hall suppressed the saber spirits and wall-corpses. Perhaps, this technique was derived from the Nie Sect's Saber Hall in the first place. It looks like that this person is connected to both the Nie Sect and the Lan Sect. I'm afraid they aren't some easy opponents. Said Hua Ying as he smiled sweetly

There are only few people like this. Said Lan Zhan

The truth is slowly being unveiled. And, since the opponents started to move the corpse parts already, it means that he or they are already starting to become anxious. They'll definitely move again soon. Even if we don't go find them, they'll come and find us. As they search around, they'd leave behind more clues for sure. And, our dear friend's hand will also tell us which direction to go. But we'll probably need to move faster as well. Only the right hand and the head are left. After this, we must also arrive before they do. Said Hua Ying

As they walked under Hua Ying's parasol, he got a bit bored, so he decided to let his butterflies he smiled as he watched them dance, unable to contain his happiness he took you his pipa and started playing as his wraith butterflies started fluttering to the melody. It was an old song one that he had played before lotus pier was attacked and the Jiang's were together, yet it was his favorite song because it reminded him of his parents and what his father went through to finally be with his mother.

Wei Ying. Said Lan Zhan

Mm replied Hua Ying as he placed the pipa back in his pouch

Before you return, return with me to cloud recesses said Lan Zhan

Why? asked Hua Ying

Mo Xuanyu is there, and I want to speak to Xichen said Lan Zhan

A-Yu shouldn't be there unless he adamantly and stubbornly decided to wait for me. Why would you want to speak to Zewu-Jun? Asked Hua Ying

Where you go, I will follow said Lan Zhan taking Hua Ying by surprise 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61K 3.7K 26
This is a story that take place after Wei Ying and Lan Zhan got save from the slaughter Xuanwu cave. When Lan Zhan and Jiang Cheng went to go find We...
84.4K 2.6K 14
From my aO3: qiao_wy three(3) years after Wei Wuxian's death, everyone in the cultivation world we're doing their daily life routine, until beaming l...
47.6K 3.6K 12
A short story! "WEI YING!!!" I shouted the moment he shrugged my hand off. I tried! I tried my best to grab him! I would never let him go! But in the...
263K 14.3K 48
16 yo Lan zhan is engaged to his childhood friend Lan Yi and there comes Wei wuxian for his studies to Cloud recesses with his siblings. Wei ying fee...