A Promise Of A White Rose

By ravegirl346

'Remember our promise' She said her bright blue eyes stared at the cold blue eyes of Seto Kaiba, the young wo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 5

128 5 0
By ravegirl346

I don't own Yugioh just my Oc. This chapter she meets Yugi and the gang.

It was early morning with students relaxing outside with their friends as they waited for school to start when a black sleek limousine pulled up to the school gates and stopped. The students stared for a bit wondering about the limousine, when the driver immediately got out and opened the door to reveal a girl wearing the standard school uniform of which was a pink blazer with a blue bow and blue skirt which shows she goes to Domino high school.

The girl just looked to her driver with a smile and said "Thanks Mr. Smith."

Mr. Smith nodded with a tilt of his hat. "I'll pick you up after school Miss." he said as he helped her out of the car.

"I'll let you know if I want to go somewhere else after school." She replied softly as she got her bag from the back.

The driver nodded and went back in the car driving off with the girl just watching before turning her attention on to the school and walking towards the building.

"This place is so big…." She said softly with some awe in her tone as she walked straight ahead while adjusting her pink blazer with her right hand gripping her school bag, she raised her left hand to brush back a few strands of her waist length pale blue hair, she turned her head to look at a couple of cherry blossom trees that scattered the courtyard, Her light blue eyes taking everything in. A few male students who were in a group stopped talking to gaze at the new girl.

"Hey look at her." A male student whispered

"Whoa, she's cute! I haven't seen her!" another said to his friend

"I saw her getting out of that cool limousine! "one piped up.

"I think She's new! I hope she's in my class! She's a hottie!"

The blue-haired girl looked around and looked back at the paper reading the directions on it that where provided by the school.

"Hm... this school is so big…" She muttered she glanced around the hallway she found herself in. "I don't want to get lost on my first day."

She wasn't aware of the stares or that a few boys had a glazed look in their eyes a few hoped that she would talk to at least one of them, but grew disappointed as she just walked by them. She continued to walk hoping that she'll arrive at her destination, when she reached the door that had the homeroom number she was looking for she smiled in glee.

"This is the right room...I hope that my classmates are nice." She said softly as she reached to knock on the door to let the teacher know that someone was there.

When the door opened the new girl was greeted by a tall woman in a very formal bright almost neon green outfit.

The female teacher's hair was orange and styled to her shoulders with the tips forming a barrel curl, and her face was pale and her lips painted a dark red and a beauty mark under her eye. The girl could tell from a first look that the teacher had too much makeup on to be healthy for her skin.

The blue-haired girl looked slightly startled but regained her composer before asking politely and looking up at the woman "Are you Miss Chouno?".

"Yes and who might you be?" The red headed woman inquired has she crossed her arms, with an annoyed look on her face.

"My name is Kiara Sasaki, I'm the new transfer student." The girl now identified as Kiara informed her.

"Oh yeah, I forgot we were getting a new student today." Chouno muttered as she eyed Kiara for a moment.

"Why are you late? Class started ten minutes ago!" the woman demanded aggressively and rudely.

Kiara's p.o.v.

I narrowed my eyes slightly I'm new! Hello I tried getting here on time but the school is just so big!

"I'm sorry I tried being here early but I got lost." I notified her looking at the ground. "I went to the office early to get my time table and directions to the classroom." I dug into my pocket and handed her the note hoping that with what I said she would be nice.

She skimmed over it quickly scowling slightly "I guess you're off the hook for now, but you'd better be here early tomorrow." she handed the note back begrudgingly.

"Stay here until I motion for you to enter." she ordered and turning sharply on her heels to walk the front of the classroom, her high heels clicking on the floor.

She wrote my name on the board before addressing the class "Students, quiet please." she half yelled before regaining her calm demeanor as the students stopped they're whispering.

"Today we are getting a new student" she said before motioning at me, and I walked forward feeling slightly nervous but excited at the same time. "Introduce yourself"

"Hello, my name is Kiara Sasaki, I hope we can all get along well. I'm excited to meet all of you." I said with a bright, but slightly nervous smile.

I looked around the classroom, all of them just regular students my age, Most of the girls looked at me with skeptical looks, but others with kind smiles, The guys.. half of them had a dreamy look on their face. My eyes stopped at one boy that looked, well pretty different than the others.

His hair was spiked almost like a starfish and his hair color was a dark magenta almost red on the edges, with black in the middle and blonde bangs around his face.

He smiled at me happily, I smiled back at his direction.

"You may sit in any empty seat you can find as long as it's no one else sits there" Miss Chouno informed me getting my attention before turning back to the board.

I walked through the isle, everyone looking at me, probably wondering who I would sit with.

There were a few seats around the place even one next to the boy that smiled at me, He looked at me as I approached him. A small voice in my head telling me to sit next to him so, I took the seat next to him. He seemed happy about it so, I decided to talk to him when we have our break.

"Class write this down this will be on a test." the teacher ordered while writing on the board.

I stuck my book bag into the space below the desk and took out my notebook and began writing down the information on the board in it.

The problems on the board were simple since I learned it at home. I was taught by my parents, mostly by private tutors they hired, so they taught me at home until I had the courage to tell them that I wanted to be in a real school. At first, they were reluctant, but accepted it, it wasn't easy though my dad was a bit stubborn at first until I told him the reasons and he accepted.

I paid attention to the class occasionally looking out the window. My eyes shifted to the boy next to me.

-Skip to lunch break-

The loud bell for afternoon break rang, a few Students scrambled to get food to eat, others ran outside to play sports. A few people had offered me to join their group for lunch, mostly boys but I politely declined them telling them that I already brought my lunch and that I wanted to catch up on a few notes.

"Afternoon break, let's play basketball" I heard someone yell from my seat by the window, "I'll wait for the girls".

I looked up closing my notebook, I glanced at the boy next to my desk who was building a card castle. Just as he was about to put another card on his tower another student called him "Hey Yugi!"

Yugi looked up suddenly causing his tower to topple over, he sighed in disappointment.

"Don't just play by yourself, why not play basketball with us sometime?" the guy asked.

"Eh, that's alright, the team I join would lose…" he declined looking down slightly.

"That's true." the guy agreed rather rudely before jogging out of the classroom "Alright, everyone let's go" he said while walking off with his friends without a care in the world.

"I wish I could play a game with everyone sometimes..." I heard Yugi say as he gathered his cards into a neat pile.

"Then...would you like to play a game with me?" I asked politely making Yugi jump with a light flush forming on his cheeks.

"I...uh...well…" he started

"You seemed to like games too, so can I play?" I asked again.

"Y-yes!" He said a bit loudly. He took the deck of cards and started to shuffle them. " My name is Yugi Muto...you're Kiara right?"

"Yep! Nice to meet you Yugi." I said with a friendly smile while he passed out the cards.

The two of us played a friendly game until Yugi won. Then I won which ended in a tie between us. When we were done Yugi was putting his cards away.

"I always bring a lot of games to school too…" he trailed off. Is he always alone like this? I looked at Yugi for a minute and smiled.

"Well how about we play games on break every day?" I asked

"Really? "he asked timidly.

"Yeah, I love playing games like this. Plus, I get excited with any game that I see." I said

Yugi looked at me as he picked up his backpack and started rummaging inside.

"I'll show you something that I'm working on, I think I'll be able to finish that today." Yugi said

I sat up a bit straighter as he pulled something from his backpack "I've always got it with me, it's my treasure".

He placed a golden box on the desk in front of me it looked so beautiful it had patterns on it and a golden eye right in the middle of it.

"In this box, is my treasure, but it's a complete secret!"

"A secret?" I repeated.

"Yep! So, here's the quiz, the treasure in this box is something you can see, but have never seen before?"

"Hmm…" I pondered at his quiz.' If you can see it ,but never seen before?'

"So, what is it, the answer is…" Yugi started

When a much taller blonde-haired boy snatched the box right from Yugi's grasp, I got out of my seat looking at the guy. Yugi looked up at him surprised "Joey!".

"Yugi, why are you talking to the new girl? Is it about this boring thing?" he asked looking over the box that was obviously uninteresting to him. He looked over at me.

"Can see, but can't see, saying a bunch of stuff I don't get, you're probably boring her with that junk." Joey said.

"Ah, please return that" Yugi cried getting up from his desk.

He then began jumping up and down in front of Joey in an attempt to get his box back. "Give it back…"But Joey held the box out of Yugi's reach before tossing it into the air leaping over the desks and catching it again.

"Man, timidly treasuring this box… you know Yugi… that's the part about you that really pisses me off" Joey continued unfazed by Yugi's pleas.

Yugi ran over to him "Let me coach you into being more of a man, come on, you want this box back right, if so then come at me full force" Joey demanded.

"I… I HATE FIGHTING AND VIOLENCE!" Yugi yelled clenching his fists angrily.

Joey plugged his ears "Ahhh you got no guts, but you've got a loud voice" he complained.

"Ah just give me that box back please" Yugi begged in a quieter voice.

"Yeah, stop it Joey" another guy this one had brown hair that was spiked up forward.

"Oh, you want something first year high school, student president reject " Joey taunted "Clean up member Tristan".

Tristan frowned sweat dropping "I'm not a clean-up member, I'M A BEAUTIFICATION CLUB MEMBER" he shouted.

"You're voice is loud too." Joey grumbled holding his free hand to his ear.

'These guys are so loud…' I thought watching the boys.

Then there was something about Tristan not getting elected for student class president. "By the way what's in this box" Joey asked leaning down a bit as he looked at Yugi.

"You can look, just don't lose it, it's extremely important to me" Yugi told him frantically. "I only took it out to show Kiara!"

Joey ignored Tristan as he peeked under the box's lid "What, how boring." he stated lifelessly.

"Um...Joey right? Give that back to Yugi." I said nicely.

All three boys to look at me surprised.

"Oh? Kiara right? Why are you hanging out with a wimp like him?" Joey asked raising the box up to his chin. "He's a pipsqueak and a weakling so why hang out with him?"

"You wanna know? Fine I'll tell you." I said giving him a pout. I never thought i'd see someone bully a nice guy like Yugi on my first day, He seems like the type of guy that would just want to have fun and avoid fighting. So naturally I want to help him get his treasure back.

I walked over to Joey who seemed to have a bit of color on his face seeing me get closer to him.

"What are you-"

I slammed my heel down on Joey's foot, hard.

"Ehhhh ouch ouch ouch!" Joey cried out in surprise dropping the box right into my opened hand and hopping around the place on one foot.

"Thanks for showing me your treasure Yugi." I told Yugi as I turned facing the tall blonde.

"What the hell was that for?!" Joey yelled stomping his foot down angrily.

" I told you to give it back to him but you didn't listen! " I scolded. "Just leave him alone I hate guys that pick on the weak!"

"Kiara." Yugi looked up at me surprised a light pink color dusted in his cheeks, I'm taller than Yugi and only a bit shorter than Joey.

"I'm not picking on the weak, I'm making Yugi a man" Joey explained sweat dropping slightly.

"Making Yugi a man by picking on him? That's not making him a man! Now you two leave him alone!" I snapped

"Wait, what did I do?" Tristan asked pointing at himself. I glared at the two boys while staying at Yugi's side.

"What's going on? Is Joey at it again?" A girl with a brown bob asked glaring at Joey.

"Nothing's wrong here Téa!" Joey snapped glancing at me.

"It doesn't look like it. You guys better back off!" Téa snapped that got the attention of another girl by the name Miho. Miho mentioned something about the cafeteria line is too long that she won't be able to buy her lunch it prompted Joey and Tristan to run out of the classroom to get their lunch before break ends.

I let out a huge sigh, my heart pounding in my chest, I didn't know what would happen if they didn't leave. Once they were gone I introduced myself to the other two girls then turned to Yugi.

"I just hate bullies like that, you can't let them push you around, sometimes you have to stand up to them." I said taking my seat next to him, taking out my lunch box.

"She's right Yugi you have to have more guts." Téa agreed.

"Joey isn't that bad of a guy." he assured me.

"Even if he isn't a bad guy he can't pick on you like that." I said opening my bento.

Yugi smiled "I never had anyone help me like that before." Yugi told me, sitting down at the desk next to me while Téa sat across from us.

"Want some? It's taste better sharing it with friends." I told the two offering a few rice balls.

"Oh..um...thanks!" he said happily taking one of my rice ball. He took a bit of it and smiled. "This is good!"

"Thank you." Téa said taking a bite. "This is good!"

"Thanks, I'll tell Tabatha to make some more for us to eat tomorrow." I replied "She makes the best lunches."

"Tabatha? Is she your mother?" Yugi asked

"No, my parents are to busy working, Tabatha is our maid. "I answered "She makes all of my meals and is teaching me how to cook them."

"A maid?" Tea repeated

"Yeah but she's practically family." I said "When Mom and Dad are too busy working on their cosmetic company it's usually just me, Tabatha and and a few of my parents workers."

Yugi finished the rice and nodded placing his golden box on the desk ,then turned to look at me "Since you got it back for me, I'll let you look inside." he smiled placing his hand on the box's lid.

"It's a beautiful box." I said "I haven't seen a box like that anywhere."

Yugi smiled and nodded "I'll show you my secret," He opened the lid, a golden shine pouring out from the box. Inside were golden pieces of a puzzle, they were beautiful. Tea and I reached inside to touch some of the puzzle piece and admiring them.

"It's a puzzle. I haven't finished it, so I don't know what shape it is yet" Yugi informed us picking up two pieces of the puzzle.

I nodded in understanding "Ah I see so it's something you can see, but you still haven't seen it yet".

Yugi rubbed the back of his head "Oh so you solved it." He said

I smiled a little "Yes I told you that I like games and puzzles."

Yugi blushed a bit "Well you see my house is a game store, so we've got games from various countries, this is the prided find of someone who used to own the store" Yugi told me.

"Wow you live at a game store! That's so cool!" I said happily. "You think I can go with you after school to buy a few games?"

Yugi looked up at me surprised "You want to go with me after school? " he asked innocently.

I smiled more. Yugi seems to be one of those timid guys, I just think guys like him are sweet. "Of course, silly it's your house and game shop." I replied.

Yugi smiled widely "Yes we can go today! I mean if you're not too busy" he asked shyly seeming to expect rejection.

I nodded" I'd like that very much I just have to tell to drive us there." I decided.

I never thought I'd make a friend that seems to genuinely want to be my friend, I still have to be careful ,but something tells me that Yugi is different.

"R-really?!" Yugi stuttered in surprise.

"Of course." I assured him looking in his eyes. "After all i love games too."

Yugi explained to Téa and I about the box and puzzle. That whoever completes the puzzle will have their wish granted when Téa asked him about his wish, Yugi told us that it was a secret.

"So Yugi what's the name of this game shop you live in?" I asked taking out my notebook.

"Oh it's called Kame Game it's the best game shop around, I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for there, we have every kind of game! And if we don't we'll find it!" Yugi assured me, I scribbled the name of the shop and address so that I won't forget it.

"I already can't wait to see it" I said grinning at Yugi, the bell for the end of break rang out and within seconds the classroom was filling with students.

I went to my seat and smiled at Yugi. "Let's talk after school I want to know what type of games you have in the shop." I said

-After School-

It was getting pretty late in the afternoon the sun was already starting to set. I called to wait for me and yugi so that he can drive us to the game shop.

" So what did you think of your first day so far?" Yugi asked me.

"Good I guess, it'll take a while to get used to everything, but I'm just glad I found someone that likes to play games as much as I do." I said with a small smile.

Yugi smiled until we heard the sounds of other people, it sounded as if they were in training. I turned my head to see a group of boys with red armbands on their arms along with the blue school uniforms.

" Yugi, who are those guys?" I asked in a hush tone.

" Those guys are the disciplinary group ...basically they stop anyone from causing trouble. But we should go now, I'd avoid them as much as I can." Yugi stated he turned his head until a voice called out to us making me turn to see a very tall guy with black hair and thick black eyebrows, he looked very scary looking.

" You're Yugi Muto correct? And you must be the new student I heard about Kiara Sasaki? I'm Ushio."

"Um...yes, is there a problem?" I asked

" I want to ask you both something." Ushio said " Have any of your classmates been bullying you Yugi?"

"Eh? Nothing's like that happened to me!" Yugi said he tilted his head towards me. "Right Kiara?" the look in his eyes told me to agree with him since Ushio looked very intimidating.

"Yeah, I haven't seen anyone bothering Yugi. I've been with him the entire time." I replied.

"I know you two would say something like that." Ushio said " I must properly investigate this."

"You don't have to, if Yugi says there's nothing wrong then nothing is wrong." I replied 'If there was something major then we would go to the principal about it, but I haven't seen anything drastic, I just think that Joey and Tristan aren't that bad guys. At least I don't think they would do anything drastic to Yugi...but I can be wrong about them.'

"You can both relax, I Ushio will be Yugi's bodyguard." He declared his eyes glanced at me making me feel uncomfortable. "I could offer my services to you as well if any ruffians try something be sure to come to me."

"No thanks!" I quickly said "I can handle myself if anything happens!"

"Me too! Although nothing happened to me so excuse us!" Yugi said turning to leave while I ran behind him.

'That guy...Ushio..he gives me the creeps...I think he's up to something...I just don't know what.' I thought

We got to the game shop and I couldn't believe all of the different games they have in stock, I met with Yugi's grandfather and he seems quite the character. I was also surprised to see Téa there too.

"Téa?! " I said

"It's been so long since I came over to play." Téa said she looked at my way.

"Grandpa I'm home!" Yugi said loudly. An older man wearing overalls with a similar hairstyle like Yugi's only that his hair was gray.

"You're late!" He said but his face turned to a smile when he looked at my way "Oh...I see, that's why you're late."

"Huh? What ?" Yugi asked tilting his head.

"Um...Hi, I'm Kiara Sasaki. Yugi was just telling me about this shop. It looks so cool seeing all of the games." I said

He nodded then turned to his grandson."By the way Yugi I heard from Téa that you haven't given up on the Puzzle." He said

"Who's giving up?!" Yugi challenged

Yugi's Grandfather started telling us about the history behind Yugi's puzzle , that whoever solves it and completes it will receive its dark knowledge and power. Which sounded like an urban tale. Instead of scaring Yugi it only motivated him to solve it. I encouraged Yugi to finish it because I was curious about the puzzle and that it looked like a fun challenge.

When I realized the time I bought a few of the games they had in stock and called for to pick me up.

By the time that I got home my Mother was waiting for me in the living room drinking a cup of tea. As always, my Mom had an aura of calmness and elegance, her long blonde hair was neatly pinned up, her blue eyes staring right at me when I walked in.

"Kiara, so...how was your first day? You came home later than what we agreed on." She said while sipping tea from the antique china before she took the teapot pouring a blacktea into a new cup and placing it on the table for me.

"Yes, well...there was this boy Yugi, he was just showing me around school and he told me about a game shop that he and his grandfather own, so I stopped there to look at a few games." I said placing the shopping bag down to sit on the white sofa across from my Mom.

She smiled kindly at me."That's nice dear, but next time tell me when you're going to be home late." She said

"You're right, i'm sorry for not leaving you a message." I said feeling guilty.

"It's alright, I should start getting used to this after all you should enjoy your teenage years." She stopped talking glancing at her teacup, now staring at her own reflection smiling softly. " So your new friend? This Boy Yugi what is he like?"

"He's a nice boy, polite a little shy, he loves games just like me." I said smiling. "When you meet him I'm sure you'll like him. "

My mother nodded smiling softly.

"Okay, so...did you find any cute boys in your class? " she asked "I wanna know which one might give me grandchildren."

Mom!"

"Kidding!" She let out a light laugh."I'm kidding dear, but if you do like someone don't tell your father he might scare him off."

"Oh speaking of dad, where is he?" I asked

"He's busy in a meeting so he might come back later in the evening. " She replied. "You know after your grandfather died things changed..as well as changing the company."

I nodded my head while finishing my tea, grandfather Jiro owned a company but it just caused violence and war something that i don't want to be apart of, i wasn't the only one my parents never wanted it either being pacifist themselves so when grandfather died we decided to change it to a cosmetic company and got rid of anything from my grandfather's past that was used to hurt people.

After telling my Mom about my day she looked relieved that everything went well on my first day, I said goodnight to my Mom and went to my room, my room is very simple I had the basic necessities, the walls were painted a pale lavender and the vanity was white with a matching white dressers, next to my dresser was my bed with a few pillows and my favorite plush toys. My closet...well it was the size of a mini room! It's not because I'm crazy obsessed with clothes is just that sometimes my Mom goes on business trips and would buy one or two outfits for me to wear. Although I don't wear them as often, but I like her gesture that she thought of me.

I let out a yawn and changed to my pajamas thinking about what had happened today that Ushio guy...i don't like him, I just hope that tomorrow would be a normal peaceful day and if Ushio bothers me or Yugi maybe I should tell the teacher about this. Yeah, any sign of trouble I'll tell the teacher know so that maybe they could help us.

The next morning….

"Good morning" Yugi said stifling a yawn.

Instead of driving me to school, I decided to walk to school as usual, my parents got worried ,but I reassured them that I would be fine since I told them that I was walking with a friend to school. It soothed their worries for a while, so now I'm walking with Yugi since we take the same route home to school too! Only that I live further away from him.

It was a welcomed change ,and it beats having someone drive you every day, especially for me since I hardly ever go places by myself. I smiled glancing at Yugi who happened to have a very sleepy look on his face."Seems to me you haven't been sleeping properly, did you sleep late last night?"

"MmmM" Yugi agreed yawning again.

"I bet You were up half the night trying to solve that puzzle weren't you." I asked rhetorically.

Yugi stopped walking "How can you tell?" he wondered with droopy eyes.

I giggled "I can tell, I'm like that too when I see something like puzzles or games I tend to play it until I solve it." I continued walking into the school grounds.

The school day was pretty good and felt very peaceful the best part was that during break Yugi showed me around some more since he could only show me a few places in school, where the library was, the gym which was huge as a tennis field and other stuff. When we finished we went back to our classroom to play with a deck of cards Yugi brought.

-Later That Day-

Yugi and I had agreed to walk home together after school, but when I walked out of the locker area I couldn't find him anywhere. I looked around in the area a bit ,and saw Téa taking her shoes out of her shoe locker.

"Téa have you seen Yugi?, I can't seem to find him anywhere" I asked in a worried tone.

Téa finished tying her shoes and grabbed the book bag. "I haven't seen him maybe he went home?" she told me before walking off. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye."I said maybe he went home but why do I feel this uneasiness? I walked into the front courtyard about to leave when I heard muffled voices coming from behind the school block.

"Stop it" I heard someone cry frantically. Wait...I know that voice! I ran to the shout.

"Are you covering for these guys, geez what a strange guy" Another low voice commented unimpressed.

"Here's your chance to dispel any resentment you have, punch, kick" the voice commanded loudly.

"Do you think… I can do that to my friends!?" the first voice asked loudly, Yep! that definitely sounds like Yugi.

I ran and i was in shock i saw Tristan and Joey badly bruised, Yugi wasn't harmed.

"W-What happened? Joey! Tristan!"I shouted running towards the two. I took out my handkerchief and lightly pressed it on Joey's cheek.

"I thought you'd be happy Kiara that we took care of them for you and Yugi to be in peace."

I turned my head Glaring at Ushio.

"You did this?! These guys didn't do anything to me or Yugi to deserve this!"I yelled

"She's right! We'd never want to see our friends hurt like this!"Yugi yelled

"What a rare guy, you call these people your friends, they're bullies they exploited you" Ushio reasoned laughing cruelly.

"They weren't bullying me." Yugi said "Joey just wanted me to be a man." he stated loudly.

"Man you're a complete weirdo, very well". I was too preoccupied in trying to help Joey and Tristan's wounds. This Ushio guy just went too far! I thought these guys were supposed to help the school not hurt any of the students.

"By the way Yugi, it's time to pay up" Ushio said as Yugi defended the injured Joey and Tristan.

"Total cost of my bodyguard fees, twenty thousand yen" He said That much? I can't believe him!

"T-twenty thousand yen" Yugi cried eyes wide.

"That's right and if you don't bring it let's just say I can no longer ensure your safety" Ushio grinned viciously.

I balled my fist and stood up to him. "Hey! You better leave these guys alone if you know what's good for you!" I threatened pointing my finger at him.

Yugi turned to look at me "Kiara?!" Yugi stuttered in surprise.

Ushio looked at me and laughed "What are you going to do about it? Tell a teacher? As if that's going to help!" he looked at Yugi smirking.

"Don't forget to bring the money" he reminded before walking off with his gang.

I glared at them as they left. I kneeled in front of the two injured boys again."Are you okay Joey, Tristan?"

"Does it look like we're fine to you?!" Joey snapped sitting up and coughing.

"Well if you can still talk and breath you're fine." I smirked lightly brushing off a bit of blood from his lip with my handkerchief. "Still those are nasty bruises..maybe if we go-"

He cut me off. "I don't need any help from either of you two" he wheezed standing up and clutching his side with a painful expression on his face.

"Careful!"I said worriedly.

"Hah" Joey huffed turning the corner, Tristan wobbled after him.

"Joey, Tristan" Yugi called after them weakly.

I turned to him sharply "I can't believe that guy." I let out a huff then looked at Yugi. "Why don't we leave?

"Yeah, let's go." Yugi said looking down.

-Awhile Later-

"This Ushio guy is so cruel, one of these days everything he did will rear its ugly head at him." I said tightening my hands into fists.

"What am I gonna do, I don't have that kind of allowance, but if I don't pay Ushio will definitely keep hurting Joey and Tristan" Yugi wondered aloud he looked pretty stressed out.

"Don't worry Yugi we can figure something out." I reassured him. I bit my lip for a minute, that kind of money is tough to get at the last minute for Yugi but... "Why don't we just go home? I'm sure if we're relaxed we can think of a better plan."

Yugi looked at me "Kiara? Where are you going? Isn't your house the other way?" he asked staring at me with his big violet orbs.

"I forgot something so I'll be going home in a bit okay?"I said

I explained before taking off back into the school building. Yugi looked like he didn't want me to leave, but I decided to see if there was a way that I could help Yugi. I don't want Ushio to hurt Tristan or Joey again and make Yugi pay for something he never wanted.

I searched around the school looking for him, he must be still hanging around somewhere. As I passed by the school's gym and shortly, I found him, Ushio in the darkest corner behind the school.

"Ah, Kiara Come to plead with me to leave your little boyfriend alone?" Ushio asked even though his back to me.

I crossed my arms angrily "No!" I told him. "I thought maybe we...we could work something out, i don't want you to hurt my friends."

Ushio lifted up his chin and turned to face me "Oh hmm, my price is high".

"Yes it is high." I said. "And i'm sure you know that Yugi can't pay your fee."

"There is one way that can solve it so that Yugi wouldn't have to pay me anything at all. You can pay his fee for him or we could-" Ushio divulged grabbing a lock of my long pale blue hair and letting it run through his fingers.

My eyes widen in fear and I felt my stomach churn, i trembled at his suggestion. "Don't touch me!" I growled swatting his hand away.

He laughed "Think about it, that will help your little friend." he replied licking his lips greedily.

"In your dreams! How about this? I'll pay you double so that you'll leave me and my friends alone."I snapped glaring at him watching him carefully in case he tried something.

Ushio grinned avariciously "Deal, when can you get the money?" he asked crossing his muscular arms.

"If you wait here I can bring it to you now, do we have a deal" I inquired hardening my gaze further.

Ushio contemplated this for a moment before nodding toward the school gates "Bring it to me and you got a deal".

I nodded before taking off to go find the nearest ATM. This was the only option I could think of, I have my own bank account each month my parents give me a certain amount of money for me to use for my own needs or any extra when i helped them in the company, I just hope that he'll keep his end of the deal. Right now I don't want anyone else hurt.

Some time later…..

When I got back and walked around the corner of the school building, I was greeted by the horrible sight of my friends being beat up. Ushio punched Joey square in the face knocking him to the ground at my feet, out cold.

"Joey!"I said in shock.

I gritted my teeth staring glaring at Ushio "Ushio! I thought we had a deal" I screeched at him balling my fists.

"The deal is off." he grinned before waving and walking away nonchalantly.

"Joey, Tristan" A weak voice mumbled from behind me. My eyes widened, I went and kneeled beside Yugi.

"Yugi are you okay?" I ask looking over him, poor guy had so many bruises.

He looked like he got beat up pretty bad but nothing life threatening. Yugi cracked his eyes open looking up at me "Kiara..…" he trail off winching slightly.

"He's not getting away with this!"I said in anger. "That guy...he's gonna pay!" I assured him seriously before standing up and taking off.

I didn't care if Ushio was bigger than me, he hurt my friends! I can't let him get away with it. But what can I do? Before I could even think of a plan I felt someone grab me from behind.

"Let me go!"I shouted I turned my head seeing Ushio holding me tightly.

Ushio then gave me this slimy looking smile and said " Maybe I need to show you some 'education' as well, but don't worry I'll be more gentle towards someone of your status..."

That...that... pervert! I wasn't just going to let him do what I think he's going to do so I just scratched, punched and fought my way out of his grasped. I practically clawed his face he cursed at me that he threw me I felt my back hit the solid wall.

"Kiara!" A voice shouted

I blinked once, then twice seeing Ushio laughing. I saw a glow and leaves swirling around.

"So… It's game time" A dark voice echoed. My vision was blurry from the impact I could barely see ,but I could tell that there was someone there.

"Bastard, Yugi!" Ushio growled

"Y-Yugi?"I muttered I couldn't say anything else before i knew it darkness took over.

Some Time Later…..

I slowly opened my eyes I felt a few aches around my body, I realized what happened Ushio threw me and then he shouted after that the rest is blurry.

"Yugi!"I shouted with worry, I looked around I saw Tristan and Joey, but Yugi wasn't around. I panicked what if it was Yugi that tried to help me? Oh no! Please let him be okay!

I managed to get up and shakily walk around to see if I found Yugi to see if he's okay. I saw Ushio's lackeys around him but Ushio was not exactly in the state I expected him to be in.

"Stay away from me monster" he screamed out. While his goons were worried about him. Some said that he saw something that made him go into shock others said that the stress got to him but whatever it was I hope that this taught him something.

Yugi looked around confused momentarily before spotting me "Kiara! are you alright?" he asked speedily stumbling over to me.

"I'll be okay, i'm more worried about you."I replied

Yugi sighed in relief before wincing slightly, he was still injured. I sighed breathing slowly.

"I'm glad that you're okay." I looked at the cloudy sky.

Yugi stiffened slightly "I don't want you get hurt you're my friend now, I don't want my friends to get hurt." he said heatedly.

Of course we are friends after what we went through, i have a feeling that we're going to have a lot more adventures our way.

"It's gonna be hard to keep this from my Grandpa." Yugi sighed realizing he was in for a lecture when he got home.

"He won't be too hard on you if you tell him that you were defending a girl." I advised winking. "But my parents on the other hand they will freak out and I mean freak out."

-The Next Morning-

I was so lucky that both my parents weren't home yesterday I forgot that they had a business dinner with a potential investor. Tabatha got so worried when she saw my uniform dirty and a few scratches on my body. I reassured her that I was okay and begged her not to tell my parents when they come back. She nodded and told me that I should be more careful but if she saw something serious she would tell them.

I walked through the locker corridor toward the class hallways Yugi tagging along beside me. He was holding the Millennium Puzzle in both hands.

"I'm happy that you finished it. It looks so cool!" I complimented walking leisurely in the direction of homeroom.

"Thanks! It's my treasure." Yugi smiled.

As we rounded the corner to our classroom someone was standing there leaning up against the wall. "Yo Yugi, Kiara." Joey said waving one hand at us lazily.

"Joey, good morning" Yugi greeted slightly surprised.

"Good morning Joey" I greeted politely.

Joey grinned "I'm following your example Yugi, I brought my treasure today." he informed us "Want to see?"

"Mm" Yugi nodded excitedly, I just nodded also wondering what he brought.

"Heh heh, too bad, my treasure… you can see it but you cannot, so I can't show it to you" Joey explained laughing like he was so clever.

I tilted my head looking curiously at The blonde. "A riddle? That's so unlike you Joey".

Joey's eyebrow twitched slightly as he sweat dropped. "You can see it, but you can't" Yugi repeated quizzically.

"Hmm…" I put my hand under my chin thinking hard on it.

"It's friendship." Joey answered.

"Ah! So that's it! It's something we can see but you can't see friendship itself. That's clever Joey." I complimented

"What does this mean?" Yugi asked.

"It means Joey here, wants to be your friend Yugi." I smiled pointing at Joey than to Yugi whose face lit up instantly. I turned and smiled at Joey. " I'd like to be your friend too Joey, I think you're a nice guy." I smiled brightly at him.

Joey nodded trying to keep a straight face but slowly started to heat up. "Yeah...sure whatever!"

"Huh? Joey why is your face all red? Yugi asked innocently looking at him. " Are you getting sick?"

Joey sweat dropped "No! I'm fine it's just the weather is getting to me!" he admitted blushing even more.

"We better go to class then I'm sure the air-conditioner should help you cool down." I said getting closer to Joey for some reason he seemed to be getting even redder.

"C-class is going to start soon!" Joey squeaked running off. He ran off leaving one of his shoe behind.

"Hey! Joey you left your shoe behind!" i shouted holding his shoe.

"W-wait for me Kiara! Joey!" Yugi yelled running after us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 203 18
During the events at Duelist Kingdom, Yugi and his friends wonder about two American girls that are present. Why do the girls look and feel familiar...
4.7K 123 45
Evie-a pale-blond haired girl with sky blue eyes-and her friend Esmeralda-a egyptian who loves her curly black hair-move from the NYC to Domino city...
3K 110 5
• ✧ your smile is a gift from the heavens so please smile for me, darling. - - - • lowercase intended • grammatical errors ahead • maybe ooc
45.3K 950 10
*Based on the official game* You just started playing the brand new game, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links. Then, you made a wish that you never thought would...