I Really Do Love you

By Patronus2022

A long time ago, I was once in a relationship with the love of my life. Or so I thought. I moved away and yea... More

Chapter 2: Felix
Chapter 3: Felix
Chapter 4: Dom
Chapter 5: Felix
Chapter 6: Dom
Chapter 7: Felix
Chapter 8: Dom
Chapter 9: Dom
Chapter 10: Felix
Chapter 11: Dom
Chapter 12: Felix
Chapter 13: Dom
Chapter 14: Felix
Chapter 15: Dom
Chapter 16: Felix
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18: Felix
Chapter 19: Dom
Chapter 20: Felix
Chapter 21: Dom
Chapter 22: Felix

Chapter 1: Dom

355 4 1
By Patronus2022

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I have posted on my profile that my work is UNEDITED. I am so sorry folks but that indeed means it is, you guessed it UNEDITED. For you all to be getting the content you want as fast as you want, I'm sorry, there will be errors. I have been fixing some, but from here on, every comment correcting my work will be ignored. Please enjoy my book, I hope you come back to enjoy more! :)

----------------------------------------------------

Today I my first day working another job, I got a call from an assistant telling me that a hotel owner was scammed in some work, and the building is definitely not up to code. I specialize in everything, I gladly told her I would accept the job, they sent me some pictures. There is one con to this job, only one, I have to go back home. It is not new for me to travel for a job, I have a house there, I can go of course for however long, but I never thought I would have to go back there again. I know I don't have to but I need a big job, I haven't had one in a while and I need the pay.

They told me I could move in; I told them that wasn't necessary, and I just got off my plane, I am supposed to meet them, see the rooms. I have a team of about ten men, I sent before me, they are already at the hotel, I thought we could do like a room at a time early afternoons off since we definitely have time, I think. But I haven't accessed the damage to each room so I don't know. After I see the rooms, I can either go home, or stay in their room they offered I don't know what to do but before I know it my cab is in front of a huge hotel.

I am 26 years old, and a contractor, I have a second in command I am training to take other small jobs for me. This job is one they will buy the materials for to get ready while training. I came out of high school knowing what I wanted to do, and I went for it, I found a mentor and learned from them and flew with it. I am built, and when I say built, I mean that, my body and health has definitely benefited from taking big jobs like I do. The bigger the better I don't stop until I make my employer happy.

I take in the front of a modern looking hotel, my hometown is more like a city, I never looked back when I left for many reasons. He was the reason I left, my first boyfriend, and I'll never forget him, but I have gotten over it. I think he's better off and doing big things, I swing open the door and am met with a red-haired woman, hair curly, she smiles and her cheeks show a slight blush as she holds out her hand.

"Dominick, right?" She asks and I nod taking her hand.

"Yes ma'am." I answer her.

"You call me ma'am again I can't promise I won't slap you. I'm Camille, I think I actually went to school with you. I am Mr. Archer's assistant follow me." She starts walking and stops at the front desk. "I am sure you'll want to get out of here quickly, since your flight was also today." She picks up a tablet and continues walking. She is wearing all red a pencil skirt and black heels, they look painful to walk in.

The lobby looks elegant chandeliers everywhere, a hallway leading to what I'm sure is the bar/restaurant area. This place has to be a five-star hotel one that I would definitely visit. A long desk leading from where she is standing in front of to the left hitting the other wall. The desk made into several cubicle-like desks for the hotel receptionists to work at.

"You hired me. Whatever you need me to do I'm here." I tell her as we walk into an elevator. The elevator wall is a window where you can see the pool, and another bar area, gorgeous lights placed evenly around the pavement.

"Mr. Archer is glad you are here and is waiting in one of the hotel rooms that need work." She speaks tapping away on her tablet. She finally looks up and looks me over. "You really don't remember me?" She asks.

"Can't say that I do." I answer and she smirks.

"It may be better that way." She mutters. I shrug not knowing what she means but not wanting to press. "I haven't told you the whole story and you haven't had any contact with Mr. Archer but this hotel was supposed to open three months ago and it did. It unfortunately couldn't stay that way; several hotel rooms were out of code a completely unknown pattern a few select hotel rooms built wrong." She speaks and the elevator dings open and we walk out into a long hallway with lights along the walls, the walls an elegant brown color.

"That seems a little strange that only a few hotel rooms were done this way." I mutter behind her.

"Well halfway through our contract with our other contractor fell and I made a decision for another contractor to finish the last couple rooms on the top floor, so yes, my fault. I wouldn't exactly call it strange more like me being drunk and making phone calls." She jokes and I chuckle. "But don't worry I made my decision about you when I was sober very sober. Mr. Archer has no clue who I've hired and we go way back so, we had a laugh about the last incident and moved on." She turns to a hallway with all the doors open, she walks in one.

"Has my team been here to look over the room?" I ask.

"Yes, they did." I hear a voice that makes me stop in my tracks. Then I hear footsteps, I stop in front of the door in my t-shirt and jeans seeing him in front of me coming to a stop in the middle of the room. "Oh my God." He mutters looking down at the floor.

He looks gorgeous in his suit, and red tie, his hair a short combover like I remembered, my heart starts beating so hard in my chest, like I've just ran a marathon. He looks up his eyes scan over me, I swallow hard, and feel my dick start to harden in my pants. I shake my head at myself, stop you're working. You can't think about this, you can't think, especially about him. I look behind me seeing Camille left the room.

"Felix?" I finally say picking my jaw up off the floor.

"Dom." He says through a cough. He straightens and my mind shuts down like I can't comprehend what is happening. "Your team came by a couple times actually; I gave them a tour and personally lead them to their rooms." He says turning and swaying like he's completely ignoring the tension you could cut with a knife.

"What am I here for?" I ask and he looks over at me. When he sees that I'm being professional and asking a question about the room he starts walking. He goes to his left and into the bathroom.

"My assistant sent you a picture of what the other rooms look like we need you to make these look like those." He says simply, and I look over the room, holes in the walls, sink tilted a bit looks like they used cheap cement to put it in place.

There is big hole in the wall where I'm assuming something was supposed to go, maybe a mirror, wires there look cut, and all of them out of place. They lead to the light above the mirror and there are holes from where it looks like they couldn't even it. I picked up skills from my mentor for everything, people call me when they want to hire someone to get something done all in one shot. I do everything and I can fix this.

"This is botched work, but I can make it work." I say simply.

"Dom, can we talk?" He mutters.

"I can't." I whisper knowing he can hear me. "Show me where my room is please." I ask and he nods.

"This way." He turns.

"Archer?" I ask and he sighs. Every step I take behind him I feel a stab low in my gut, all the memories flash through my mind. All these great memories, just knowing that after everything went to hell is making my heart hurt so much it feels as if I've been shot there. I don't know how long I can stay here but I need money, so I have to try, but if it gets to much, I'm doing what he did. I'm going to run like hell.

"I had to make a name separate from my father my birth name was not going to work." He answers. "I want to build on my own name not his and the people around would see his name on the building and think him, not me." He turns getting in the elevator.

"I can respect that." I step in beside him. I remember how he told me he would never wear contacts, but seeing he has no glasses on I see that has changed. I remember his shy smile sitting beside me as he tutored me in school with his rectangle glasses on his face. I look down at the floor not being able to stomach, the hurt I feel looking at him. I just need time to digest I'm working for him, I'm sure I'll be fine.

"I know you hate me, if you want to leave you can." he whispers. At those words I try my best to shove down all my feelings. Feelings of regret for starting the relationship with him, the feeling of hurt when he walked away and the anger it left me with for so long.

"I am here to complete a job." I say simply with a sigh, the doors open and we are walking through a hallway exactly like the others here pulls out a key card and swipes it. He opens it and gives me the card letting me walk through.

"If you ever want out of this job, email my assistant. Your guys can show you where everything is, they are in the rooms beside you and in front of you." He says and I nod. I start to feel numb; I welcome the feeling letting it wave over me, realizing that feeling numb is way better than feeling him. Or I should say the hurt from him.

"Okay." I say simply and he sighs.

"I'm sorry." He starts. That I can't take right now, I take a step back and shake my head looking at the floor.

"Please don't." I say my heart feeling like he buried his fist in my chest and squeezed it a little, I almost wince at the feeling. "I'm not here to cause you trouble, I will do this and leave okay? Now, I need to sleep." I say my voice coming out harsher than intended, but he doesn't wince. His green eyes meet mine once more and he nods.

"Let me know if you need anything." He says walking away, and I sigh shutting the door. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.3K 691 10
I am his nothing but "NO...GET OUT!" I heard a laugh. I shivered. He was my hunter. I was going to lose but I would fight. "I want you to leave. I...
168K 6.4K 51
When the best day of your life turns into your worst nightmare, you stand in decent company. Deklyn Jackson begins his journey to adulthood saying di...
1.2M 52.8K 80
This story is complete ✅ Alec is a twenty-five year old gentle boy with the looks of an angel. He has not figured out what he needs in love yet and h...
139K 6.4K 35
✔️ | After swearing off relationships, I never thought I'd fall for my one night stand. A complete stranger. Months of searching and unsuccessfully...