Changes | z.m.

By oldwallflowerpower

When pregnant teenager Eve moves in with her cousin Liam, she moves in with four of his band mates as well. H... More

Changes
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Birthday Cards
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Sequel Is Up!

Chapter 28

67K 1.1K 58
By oldwallflowerpower

Zayn's POV

I waited for what seemed like forever, anticipating Eve's arrival to our hotel room. So when she finally knocked on the door, I jumped up from the bed and raced to open it. I'd spent at least an hour rehearsing what I'd say into the mirror.

"Hey." She breathed with a smile. I mirrored her expression and stepped aside so she could come in.

"Hey." My reply was slightly delayed, but she didn't seem to mind. In fact she acted like I hadn't completely screwed things up with her. "Look I wanted to talk to you."

"About?"

"Uh, you know. What happened earlier." I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. This was definitely not how I acted in front of the mirror.

"Go for it." She crossed her arms in front of her chest, waiting for me to put my foot in my mouth.

I cleared my throat, the whole speech I'd rehearsed completely erasing from my mind. Great.

"I wanted to apologize for ignoring you this morning, and acting so weird. I just.." I paused, wondering whether or not I wanted to just lay out all of my cards on the table. When I thought about it, I didn't want to. "You're such a lovely girl, and I'm lucky to have someone like you in my life."

Her expression was completely unreadable. She almost looked like she was trying to gather up a response in her head.

"I forgive you." She said simply with a smile.

"You do?" I was so relieved that she wasn't one to hold a grudge.

Eve nodded somewhat solemnly. I wondered how different things would have been if I'd confessed to her that I really did love her. Was she sad?

"You alright?" I asked her as she lowered herself onto the bed carefully. I felt bad that she was so far along that moving was a struggle.

"Yeah, I'm great, he's just kicking a lot. Again." She grumbled. This happened quite often, and it seemed to make Eve uncomfortable.

"Is there anything I can do?"

"You could turn the light off so I can get some sleep." Eve closed her eyes and rested her hands on her bump. A position I was used to seeing.

I flicked the light off obediently. "Anything else?"

"No." She breathed sleepily. "Thank you."

"You're welcome babe." I replied quietly stroked her soft hair. "Sweet dreams."

*****

"So she forgave you?" Louis asked me through the phone. I could tell he was surprised by the tone in his voice.

"Yeah, I can't believe it either." I sighed knowingly.

"When are you going to grow some balls and tell her?" He asked seriously.

"I don't know Lou. I really don't."

"Maybe you should have a chat with Liam. He knows her best." Louis suggested.

"Yeah," I trailed off, looking at Eve who was dead asleep, "Except as soon as I tell him he'll castrate me."

I could tell Louis was trying really hard not to laugh. "Erm, well, she's an adult now. He can't control her."

"But that doesn't mean he isn't still protective." I replied. "Look, I have time to tell her. It'll happen."

"What if she meets someone else?"

I took in a breath. "Then it wasn't meant to be."

Eve's POV

The next day the boys had rehearsals pretty much all day. I figured Lou and Caroline were busy working so I decided I'd hang out with Greg until the concert.

Other than checking up on me, he hadn't talked to me too much. I guess I was with Zayn most of the time anyway.

To be perfectly honest, I was slightly disappointed by Zayn's apology. I mean, I would have been more pleased if his apology consisted of him saying sorry for telling me he loved me only as a friend. But apparently that was the truth.

"How are you feeling?" Greg asked me as I stretched out on a couch in one of the dressing rooms.

"Fat." I replied, motioning to my stomach and swollen feet.

Greg chuckled lightly, shaking his head. "You're pregnant. Did you expect to stay a twig?"

"No."

"You've got a few weeks left. You'll probably shed the weight right off." He informed me. "Most young mums do because of their high metabolism."

I nodded, but my mind was sort of elsewhere. Zayn.

"What are you thinking about?"

'Zayn.' I thought.

"Nothing." I lied.

"That's a lie." Greg laughed. "You can tell me."

I huffed, tired of holding my feelings and thoughts in. "How would you deal with things if you were about to have a baby by yourself, and you were falling for someone very close to you, and then they say they love you. As a friend?"

The young doctor raised his eyebrows at me in a surprised manner. "Is this about Zayn?"

"Maybe."

"I've seen him look at you. Don't worry, he definitely doesn't love you just as a friend. There's something more to that." He said.

I sighed. "That's what Lou said."

"Smart woman." Greg smiled.

"What do I do?" I asked desperately.

"I'm not exactly sure." He appeared to be in deep thought as he rested his fingers on his chin. "I'd just wait it out. He won't be able to hide his feelings forever."

"Ugh." I groaned. "I'm not a patient person."

"I've gathered that." Greg laughed and stood up. "I'm off to get a snack. Would you like anything?"

"No thanks." I replied. "For once, I'm not hungry."

I watched as he walked out into the hallway to find something to eat. Well he wasn't much help, was he? He and Lou pretty much told me the same thing.

Maybe Zayn did really like me and he was just nervous or something.

When the boys had a break from rehearsals they joined me in the dressing room and talked amongst themselves. The heavy smell of sweat filled my nostrils, making me want to vomit. I was pretty much over the whole morning sickness thing but it didn't take much to irk me.

"Okay boys I think you all are in desperate need of a shower." I pinched my nose shut as Greg walked back in with a fizzy drink and a small bag of crisps.

"The vending machine was on the other side of the building." He sent an apologetic look at me for taking so long.

"It's alright." I told him with a smile to show him that I wasn't angry. He was obviously aware of pregnant women's tendency to have extreme mood swings.

I couldn't help but notice Zayn's eyes shooting daggers through Greg. I'd seen this many times before, even if someone was simply mentioning his name. I wasn't sure what he had against Greg since all he was doing was help me and make sure I was alright.

But before I could question Zayn, the five of them were being tugged away to return to their rehearsals.

"He doesn't like me very much." Greg mentioned.

"Huh?"

"Zayn. He was looking at me like I'd killed his dog or something." He elaborated. So he noticed too.

"I saw that too, though I'm not sure exactly what it is." I furrowed my eyebrows to signal that I was confused.

"I think he's just protective of you. He doesn't want me touching you, looking at you, or talking to you despite the fact that it's my job." Greg was right. Maybe Zayn was protective of me.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why he's like that."

Greg shook his head, denying my apology. "It just goes to show you that he really does love you."

*****

As soon as the concert started, Lux was under my watch. Lou was bustling around with Caroline, preparing for the costume changes and such. Greg and I were in the same dressing room, playing with the chubby cheeked baby.

I could faintly hear the boys' voices echoing throughout the stadium. They were singing Up All Night, the opening song according to their set list. I really wished I could be out there cheering them on, but surely I'd get trampled over, or go deaf from the screaming.

"She's so cute." I beamed at Lux.

"She is." Greg agreed. "I bet yours will be just as cute."

"I hope so. I'm really excited to see what he'll look like."

"You must be. I bet your parents can't wait to spoil their new grandchild." He smiled at me, but it quickly faded when he saw my face. "Did I say something wrong?"

I shook my head. "No it's just- my parents don't want to have anything to do with me. As soon as they found out, I was kicked out of the house. That's why I'm with the boys."

He gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

"I know." My weak smile was absolute pathetic. "I think it was for the better anyway."

"How so?"

"I wouldn't have Zayn, or the boys, you, Lou, Lux," I paused to pinch her cheeks, "Or any of the others that I've met along the way."

"That's a great way to look at things." Greg said.

"Oh trust me, in a few hours I'll be complaining about how much I hate my life. I'm pregnant. Come on Greg." I half joked.

Greg's blue eyes shined as he laughed along with me. Even Lux giggled a little bit.

"It's funny because it's true."

Contact Me!

Instagram & Spapchat: lexanoelle

Twitter: noellexa

YouTube: In external link

Tumblr: quietgirlloudworld

Blog: alexanoellejones.blogspot.com

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

601K 10K 48
When Quinn Monroe runs into Harry Styles at a club on a wild night and ends up pregnant with no way of contacting Harry will she give up or will she...
791K 8.6K 46
One Direction Pregnancy Series! *UNDER EDITING* (may change some chapters)
214K 3.9K 16
Cheyenne was Zayn Malik's girlfriend before he left her to go to the x-factor. When Zayn leaves his girlfriend of three years it leaves them both hea...
80.4K 1.3K 40
What will Lindsay, the girl who models for a living, do when she meets the one and only Zayn Malik from One Direction? All for publicity, the eightee...