Under That Scarf (Editing)

By writewithzainab

Jamila is fresh out of college and is eager for a job. Her passion lies in psychology and social work. She ca... More

Author Note
1. Caramel Macchiato
2. The Prayer
3. The Talk
4. Just Feel
5. Coconut Eton Mess Cake
6. Payment
7. Victor
8. Gratitude
9. Palestine Will Be Free
10. Shocking Revelation
11. Divine Planning
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Fifteen

18.3K 1K 47
By writewithzainab

Jamila is quiet the whole ride home, Ah mama and baba, the two people I can count on no matter what. Then dumb and dumber, haha. I miss them. Harun appears to be lost in thought too, interesting. I wonder what's bugging him. Maybe work, a doctor's job is never done. Harun looks over at Jamila who's gazing at him silently.

'What?' He asks gently, self consciousness kicking in right now.

'Nothing, just looking,' Jamila smiles at him, Walla he's too cute. He smiles back and continues driving. They finally reach home; Harun parks the car and hastens to her Jamila's side. Such a gentleman. She gets out with a sigh, Harun holds out his hand for her and she clings on to it. He squeezes it lovingly and they walk inside. The rest of the family isn't home yet and so they're alone for the moment. Harun turns on a few lights, Jamila gazes at the house she visited frequently over the past few months, it's like I'm walking in here for the first time.

'Come on,' Harun observes her expression. What is she doing?

'Oh, sorry.'

'Just looking?' He teases her, Jamila rolls her eyes.

'Yes actually. I was thinking about how we met so many times yet it feels like my first time.' Jamila walks up to her husband who's halfway up the stairs, she stops when she's one step ahead to be at level with him. He watches her with a small grin.

'Our meetings were interesting weren't they,' he jerks his head, telling her to keep walking.

'The best,' Jamila lifts her Abaya and continues. Why do I feel like he's staring at me? Distract yourself! 'How much more?' She clears her throat.

'One more and turn left,' his voice is closer than she expects, goosebumps spring on her arm. She turns left and stops because the lights are turned off.

'What?' He asks but she doesn't respond. 'Are you scared?' He stands so close but doesn't touch her. Jamila smacks what she thinks is his arm. He chuckles at her behavior and holds her hand. 'Follow the leader my precious,' Harun says in a British accent. Jamila giggles at him, that sounded so good.

'Sire, you frustrate me,' she plays along as he opens his room door.

'Frustrate?'

'Hmm,' Jamila tugs her hand free and takes in the vastness of his room. Immaculate. The bed, wow.  This room is huge, is it possible to even tidy up? Harun notices where her eyes land and can't help but smirk; well it belongs to her too.

'I think that frustrate is the wrong word.' His accent returns to normal and he takes off his coat, throws away his tie, unbuttons a few buttons on his shirt and leans against his dressing table which is on the other side of the room.

'What word would suit you best then?' Jamila creeps towards the bed and splays her hands against the white quilt, so soft.

'I think, pervasive,' Harun deliberately takes slow steps in her direction. She knows that he has a plan up his sleeve, what are you up to Khaled? He's the predator. My heart is beating so fast Walla it almost hurts. He halts in front of her with a smile. She tries to back away but he traps her, grinning now.

'I don't think persistency looks good on you,' Jamila's voice almost cracks.

'Really?' His stare intensifies. Harun what on earth do you have in mind...

Jamila nods silently. 'You know what I think?' Jamila sits at the edge of the bed.

'What?' She asks tenderly.

'We're wasting our words.' With that they soar into their world of love and passion all within the limits set out for them.

Too hot. Get up. Move. Ugh, too warm. Jamila jolts awake feeling stuffed, she tries to turn but realizes that two very strong arms are wrapped around her. You have got to be kidding me right now. She squeezes one of her arms out and reaches for Harun's phone which for some reason is on her side. 4:44? What? I need to have a shower. She peels his arms off gently and clambers out of bed.  She finds a white fluffy towel discarded on the floor, grabs it and rushes to the washroom.

 After her shower she hunts for her suit case. Why on earth is this room so big? Not this one, maybe it's in...ugh not there either. Where did I put it? Aha! Yes yes, track pants and Abdullah's old t-shirt. Wonderful. She changes hastily and throws on her Abaya; Jamila tip toes to the bed and peeks at Harun, unbelievably cute Walla.

'Harun! Wake up! We need to pray,' Jamila whispers and pokes his cheek. He blinks rapidly trying to adjust to the light; he takes in her sight and realizes what he needs to do.

'What time is it?' His voice is etched with sleep and exhaustion as he stretches. 

'Five o'clock! Go shower so we can pray!' Jamila averts her gaze from his body and stares at her phone.

'Alright,' he mumbles and staggers to the washroom.

'Allahu Akbar,' Harun announces for the last time. They are in their last sitting; they recite their Duas' quietly for approximately two minutes. 'Assalamu Alaykum warahmathu Allah.' Harun says twice whilst turning his head to the right and left. Jamila follows and the prayer is over. She can't stop smiling, AlhamdhuliAllah, something that I've dreamt of doing. Harun utters some Dhikr and does a voluntary prostration, he sits up to find a glowing face beside him.

'What?' His tone hoarse.

'Still sleepy are we?' Jamila grins and scoots closer till her knees touch his. He smirks at that and takes her hand in his. Could I possibly be happier than this? He glances at her to find her staring at him already; he kisses her hand ever so gently making sure his glance doesn't waver. Jamila feels the goosebumps bud on her arm -as she takes in the boldness of this man- but now she's grown so accustomed to it that she doesn't even realize. 'Recite for me,' she whispers. 

Harun folds his mat and lies on her lap. He gazes up at those molten brown eyes and begins reciting Chapter 85 from the Noble Scripture, Surah- Burooj. Jamila looks down at his handsome face and smiles proudly. She watches how his mouth moves so swiftly, she delicately plays with his hair. I'm tempted to stroke your beard but I don't want to distract you. How did I end up like this? Do I deserve this incredible man?

 'Fee Lawhimmah foudh,' Harun finally finishes the last sentence. He smiles at her awe struck face. 'You're expression is really boosting my ego right now.'

Jamila rolls her eyes and pulls his beard. 'Ah! What was that for?' Harun winces.

'For ruining the moment,' Harun watches her eyes roll again and grins. He notices her shaila still wrapped tightly around her head. With one hand he tugs it off and places it on his chest, there now the pretty petals on the rose are visible to the eye. My eye. Jamila feels her curls fall loose and touch her husband's cheek.

'What do you want to do today?' He twists a chocolate brown curl with his long fingers.

'I actually need to go to work to collect some stuff before we go away,' Jamila begins to think about the reports she needs to update, no no don't think of that now! Just relax and enjoy.

'Does your boss know you're on vacation?' Harun frowns.

'Yes, she does but I still need to get these files,' he nods at her.

'What time do you want to go?'

'Ten?'

'Perfect.' Harun sits up and pulls Jamila with him. Her hands are against his chest, what is he doing... those eyes don't look promising. Harun is about to claim her lips with his when there's a loud rap at the door. Harun growls at the interruption and Jamila bursts out laughing. Last night and today? Really?

'Are we cursed?!' Harun grits his teeth and glares at the door.

'Who is it?' Jamila calls out and pats her husband's arm soothingly.

'Hafsa! Come down for coffee. Akhi I can hear you!' She laughs. Harun leans his head against his wife's shoulder. Jamila chuckles at his child like behavior.

'Ya Harun, you're heavy.'

'Heavy with grief,'

'What a poet,' Jamila giggles and saunters over to her suit case. Harun tries to suppress a smile. Who am I kidding? This woman has turned my world around. 

'So are you ready for your honeymoon?' Hafsa tears her waffle.

'Not exactly,' Jamila gives a sheepish smile.

'What do you mean?'

'I forgot to tell her about the date,' Harun adds. 'We're leaving tomorrow night,'

'For how long?' I would've loved to know about this earlier, Jamila frowns.

'Two weeks,' Harun informs.

'Where are we going?' She pushes for more detail.

'Morocco and Dubai,'

'Wow,' Jamila's eyes widen, I'm not dreaming am I?

'I thought you'd want to go there. We can meet some of my family, over eat, take an unreasonable amount of pictures and do more tourist stuff,' Jamila giggles at the thought. Hafsa observes Jamila's reaction, there's something about her, why can't I place it. Haroo would clearly die for this girl and that's scary. Romantic and admirable but definitely something to worry about. If she only knew the way he was before.

'I'm going to get ready,' Jamila kisses Harun's cheek and heads upstairs. Hafsa notes his love struck eyes, Harun sees his sister staring at him weirdly.

'What?' He begins to touch his face as if something were on it. Hafsa gives a small smile.

'Describe how you feel in one word.'

'Grateful.' Hafsa nods in surprise. Just tell him!

'I want to advice you,'

'About?'

'How you were,' Hafsa formulates her words carefully.

'What do you mean?'

'I know how you are with things that mean a lot to you and obviously Jamila is on that list. I just want you to be careful in how you deal with her.' Harun frowns; he can feel himself getting worked up at this statement. What is she trying to say?

 'What I mean to say is, not everyone thinks the way you do Haroo, and Jamila is -although very independent- a young girl, don't hurt her.'

'Why are you telling me this?' Harun's voice changes, he doesn't know whether to be annoyed at his sister or be humbled by her opinion.

'I don't mean to upset you; I only want to remind you of how you were in the past. You don't want a repeat of that especially on someone as beloved as your wife.' Hafsa dumps the dishes in the sink and walks over to her brother.

'I can control myself now Hafsa.' Harun cannot understand why she's bringing up his anger problems.

'I know but I just wanted to remind you.' He cannot stand to hear another word she says and decides to walk away. Harun stomps upstairs with only one thought in his mind, I will never take my anger out on her. 

Salam Alaikum! Over 2k readers right now AlhamdhuliAllah :D Alright so here's chapter 15!! I hope you all like it. I plan to update sooner iA now that I have holidays. What do you think of this one? :D Comment and tell me pls, I love reading what you have to say. Vote and Share! Peace- zai :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 1.2K 46
Studious, Pious, Beautiful, Introvert- enough adjectives to describe her. She gets tagged with 'TOO SERIOUS' at her first encounter with everyone. Bu...
411K 20.9K 37
"š˜•š˜°, š˜„š˜°š˜Æ'š˜µ š˜„š˜° š˜µš˜©š˜Ŗš˜“. š˜”š˜¢š˜Ŗš˜Æ š˜µš˜¶š˜®š˜“š˜¦ š˜±š˜ŗš˜¢š˜¢š˜³ š˜Æš˜¢š˜©š˜Ŗ š˜¬š˜¢š˜³š˜µš˜Ŗ š˜š˜¢š˜©š˜¢š˜„. š˜”š˜¦š˜³š˜¢š˜ŗ š˜„š˜Ŗš˜­ š˜®š˜¦š˜Ŗš˜Æ š˜µš˜¶š˜®š˜©š˜¢š˜¢š˜³š˜¦ š˜­š˜Ŗš˜ŗš˜¦...
1.4M 67.1K 33
He once abandoned her to her bullies, but now he has redemption on his mind. Little does he know that this woman has other plans and that life would...
10.5K 807 19
"I can't marry you," the words slipped out of her mouth, paining her in the process. "Why?" He questioned, "Feiha, you know how I feel for you and I...