MONSTER IN ME | riven [ fate...

By siriuslyblacklol

" the monster in me loves the monster in you " in which riven is supposed to hate sky's sister, yet there's... More

𝐬𝐲𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐬
𝐢. 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐭
𝐢𝐯. 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐭
𝐯. 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐯𝐢. 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐫
𝐢𝐱. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐱. 𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐱𝐢. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐨
𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥
𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼 ― 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈

𝐱𝐯. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

8.9K 386 77
By siriuslyblacklol

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘤𝘪𝘳𝘤𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘮𝘱𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘯 )

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗢𝗢𝗟 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗭𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗖𝗜𝗥𝗖𝗘'𝗦 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗡 as her features were possessed by a deep thought as she stared across the school grounds.

She had her lips pursed, zoning the other girls' conversation as her pale legs were sprawled across the grass. Ever since Rosalind had become headmistress, a lot had change ─ small and big.

Stella had cut her hair ─ whether an act of rebellion or just a fashion statement, Circe wasn't sure, but it really suited her. Briar had been forced to leave the school as her parents did not like the danger that was associated with the school, and now Circe's suite felt a lot emptier. The school's hallways became more intertwined with fear of failing classes under Rosalind's strict rules. And Circe had now her father and her mother to deal with. 

Other things, however, remained the same.

Three couples still remained happily together ─ Bloom and Sky, Musa and Sam, and Stella and Echo ( though the blonde still wanted to keep it a secret from the rest of the school ). Beatrix was still following Rosalind's every order. And Circe and Riven . . . well, they were Circe and Riven.

They would pretend the other didn't exist, except for those lonely nights where they accidently bumped into each other in an empty hallway and remembered the fire they used to have. It was those times Circe would wish that circumstances were different ─ when their bodies slid into each other, when he whispered her name, when he held her like she was his whole world.

But those nights never lasted, for Riven would always leave. And so the two were still stuck in that vicious cycle, of never talking about their feelings and hurting each other in unimaginable ways.

And perhaps Circe wanted more than that.

"They're sending Silva to Polaris."

Stella's voice snapped Circe out of her deep thoughts, glancing up as the blonde took a seat next to Echo. Circe's hands curled into fists, glaring daggers into the grass. How come she always seem to loose the people she cared about?

"The Frozen North? It's practically a death sentence." Musa stated, squirming uncomfortably as she felt the extent of Circe's swirming emotions.

"It's not fair," the blonde muttered, pulling at blades of grass. "I know my dad ─ he would've killed him. Silva was only defending himself. Besides, it's not like he actually succeeded."

"Who's his lawyer anyways?"

Stella raised an eyebrow at the redhead. "Bloom, this isn't the First World. A courtroom drama didn't play out. There was a tribunal, then a decree from the Queen. Andreas is transfering tomorrow."

"We have to do something." Circe pushed herself to stand up, pacing around. "He may have made a mistake, but . . . he's more of a dad to me than my actual dad."

"What about a letter campaign?" Terra suggested. "They have been historically effective. Though . . . they do take time."

Bloom, who seemed to be as resilient as Circe, tilted her head. "I think something more active is the way to go here."

"Going against Solaria is a big step up from anything we did last year," Musa commented, dark eyebrows shooting up. "Their guards are brutal, and focused, and─"

"─ and he's my dad." Circe interrupted, a soft glaze in her eyes. "Wouldn't you do the same for your parents?"

Terra softened, thinking of the danger posed against her own father. Hesitating, Stella finally nodded. "Fine. But this is full jailbreaking. We cannot tell Aisha."

"Bloom already told me," the water fairy interrupted, approaching the group as she plopped down next to Terra with a drink in her hand. "This is a dumb idea, but at least if I plan it, it will work."

The redhead shrugged. "Something I did learn last term is that Aisha is usually right."

The water fairy grinned at her, before pulling out a map from her bag. "The closest the caravan will get to the school is 10km or so. Andreas' route crosses the river here, but that bridge got burned weeks ago. They'll divert to this side road, which has more cover anyway. That's where we need to stop the caravan."

"I can explode it." Bloom suggested, a sparkle in her eyes.

Aisha raised an eyebrow at her unpractical plan. "Or . . . I could flood the engine. Quieter. Musa will let us know if anyone's suspicious."

"Human mood ring reporting to duty." Musa saluted sarcastically.

"Then it's the Stella show. Goes invisible, grabs the key, breaks him out." Aisha continued, meeting Stella's gaze. "Can you manage that?"

"Of course," the blonde reiterated, flicking her fringe from her eyes. "I just hope I won't hurt my back from carrying basically the entire plan."

Rolling her eyes in amusement, Aisha finished by adding "And you can make Circe invisible too if a fight breaks out ─ she knows Specialist training by heart, and is the best fighter here."

Absentmindedly, Circe nodded, pursing her lips. The girls shared looks, enjoying their peace while they could.

Little did they know of the troubles ahead.

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

"𝗔𝗚𝗔𝗜𝗡,"

Circe fought the urge to roll her eyes in frustration at her mother's persistance, rubbing her hands tiredly. 

Ever since her mother had returned, she had insisted Circe practiced her powers. For what reason, the young girl couldn't comprehend ─ her powers had been as dormant as she could remember. But three times a week, Circe had to come to her office and practice in private. Yet nothing had happened so far, the excercises proving to be of no worth.

"Is this really neccessary?" Circe muttered, rolling her shoulders back. "It's a waste of time ─ if I had any powers, they're long gone."

"Nonsense," Dawn struck her down, piercing cold eyes staring at her daughter with no emotion. "They've simple been locked away. Just because a battery is dead, does not mean it can't be restored."

This time, Circe did roll her eyes. "Why does it matter so much? I've been perfectly fine without my powers so far. I'm a great fighter ─ my powers would be of any use."

It took Dawn a few seconds to respond, staring out the window with a dark look on her face. "There's a war growing in the mix."

"A war?" Circe reiterated, eyebrows shooting upwards. But at the lack of response from her mother, she pinched the bridge of the nose. "Fine, don't tell me anything and yet expect me to trust you."

"Circe, I am your mother." Dawn said sharply, narrowing her eyes at her daughter. "I do nothing but make sure you are safe. Getting your powers back would mean that."

Petulantly, Circe crossed her arms over her chest. "Oh, so that's what you call leaving me and letting me believe you were dead?"

"That was for your own good." Dawn retorted, but a flick of uncertainty flashed on her cold features. "Besides, do you think I had a choice?" her answer made Circe look at her surprise, speechless at the confession. Uncomfortable at the attention, Dawn cleared her throat. "Now, are you going to cooperate or not? Remember to allow yourself to feel every single emotion.

Defeated, Circe sighed before flickering her eyes shut. In the darkness of her mind, shadows flickered as she felt a swirl of emotions inside of her. And for a quick second, Circe could swear something was there, in that darkness. A flicker of fear lit inside of her as she pushed away, grappling for control of her mind. And then it was gone.

As if it were never there.

Sighing, she opened them again. "See? Nothing."

But there was a new look on her mother's face. A moment of fear frozen in her eyes. But it disappeared as she cleared her throat, looking away. "We'll continue our lessons tomorrow. That'll be all."

Confused at the sudden dismissal, Circe didn't protest as she made a quick escape, unaware that her mother was left wondering as whether the growing shadows were a coincidence or not.

A sudden wave of tiredness hit Circe had she made her way back to her room. Lately, she had felt like a ghost in her own skin, haunting hallways without a grave to belong to. Her brother was busy with his girlfriend, her father had a new adoptive daughter, her mother was only interested in the potential of her powers, Briar was gone, and Echo was dating Stella. 

Circe had just never felt so alone.

Her loneliness was so suffocating she had missed the person lurking in the shadows before he had grabbed her hand and kissing her like his life depended on it. And he supposed it did. And Circe immediately knew who it was ─ she had memorised his taste, the way his hands craddled her, his smell.

But Circe couldn't do this anymore. Which is why she pulled away.

"What's wrong?" Riven's voice was hoarse, eyes diluted as he frowned.

Circe avoided his gaze. "Let's just slow things down."

"I'm only going as fast as you are," he retorted defensively, feeling the heat of the accusation. 

Shaking her head, she pushed her blonde hair away. "This is a mistake." Riven clenched his jaw ─ out of everyone, he didn't expect to be made to feel like a mistake by Circe. "You can't keep doing this."

"What are you talking about?"

"This!" she gestured between them. "Messing with my feelings. I'm trying to get over you. I'm doing my best to get over you, but then this happens─"

"It won't," Riven interrupted her, voice soft. He hadn't realised that, in his hurting, he was hurting her too. "It won't happen again, don't worry."

Circe flinched, taking a step forward. "I didn't mean it like that─"

But Riven had turned away, stalking down the hallway, and away from her.

Again.

so circe is officially back! 

and what a season. i can't wait to write about circe in this, so be prepared.

DOES ANYONE WANT A RIVEN X CIRCE PLAYLIST?

also one extra thing . . . silva this season? DAYUM!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 318 16
~~ COMPLETED ~~ A winx club fanfic with flora as main character Tw: rape, abuse, alcohol, bullying Flora has always been a quiet girl, but why? Maybe...
168K 3.2K 61
「 riven x f!oc 」 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, faye silva starts her first year at alfea college training to be a specialist. she finds herself becoming close w...
13.9K 258 15
"In the end the shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach" J.R.R Tolkien I will face God an...
59.9K 1.3K 28
the strong boy wasn't strong enough. the strong girl wasn't strong at all. ◇ "I'd give my last breath to you." ◇ "Please, don't stop breathing." ◇ Ri...