Time To Hunt

By Don_Hoodini

In a world where superpowers called "Quirks" pop out around the globe. These quirks cover 80% of the populati... More

Ch. 1- The Beginning - part 1
Chapter 2 - The Beginning - Part II
Chapter 3 - Sharpening The Senses -
Chapter 4 - U.A Trial of the Hunt -
Chapter 5 - Meeting The Pack -
Chapter 6 - A Hobo Tests a Beast -
Chapter 7 - Battle Trial! - Part I
Chapter 8 - Battle Trial! - Part II
Chapter 9 - Battle Trial - Part III
Chapter 10 - The Hunt For A Class Rep! -
Chapter 11 - U.S.J Rumble - Part I
Chapter 12 -U.S.J Rumble- Part II
Chapter 13 -U.S.J Rumble- Part III
[S2] Ch. 14: Back for Blood
[S2] Chapter 15 - Ready, Set, SURGE!
[S2] Chapter: 16 - In Their Own Quirky & Chaotic Ways!
[S2] Chapter:17 - Cavalry Battle!
[S2] Chapter 18 - Fight On!
[S2] Chapter 19 - Only The Strongest Thrive....
[S2] Chapter 20 - And The Fight Continues!
[S2] Chapter 21 - Not Bad, Gravity Gal!
[S2] Chapter 22 - U.A Sports Festival - Mid Fight Masses
Chapter 23 - A Shocking Performance
Chapter 24 - (Y/N) (L/N): The Evolved
Chapter 25 - U.A Sports Festival - Final Match
Chapter 27 - Time To Claim Our Names
Chapter 28 - An Odd Prey
Chapter 29 - Know Thy Place
Chapter 30 - Stage 2 Evolution
Ch 31 - Stay Sharp For The Final
Ch. 32 - Practical Exam Sneaky Wraith
Ch. 33 - New Usurpers
Ch. 33.5 - A Friendly Match
Ch. 34 - On the Prowl! The Training Camp Begins!
Chapter 35 - Those Who Lurks in The Shadows Fear The Horror Within
Ch. 37 - What A Chaotic Mind You Have!
Chapter 38 - Death Itself
Chapter 39 - The Symbol Of Peace

Chapter 26 - Awards Ceremony

395 18 3
By Don_Hoodini

____________________________________________________________________

After the final match is over, the preparations for the Awards Ceremony begins right away. All classes are called to attend in the event. Tokoyami is the first ones to get ready to leave.

"Alright, let's do this thing!" (Y/N) shouted out of nowhere as he bounced up with renown vigor. "See you guys down there." He announced, running away and leaving his shocked classmates behind.

As the class went for the event they found Iida, he looked stressed out. He explained he had to leave due to some important family matters, something involving his brother. The pro hero Ingenium. He didn't give to much detail, just said it was urgent.

Tokoyami and (L/N) arrived at the podium that was below the field, in some sort of elevator, type, gizmo, thingy?

The scene they witnessed was somewhat funny, as Bakugou is literally chained on the 2nd place spot, on a concrete block Cementoss made. (Y/N) couldn't help but chuckle at Bakugou who was thrashing in his binds. Todoroki looked quiet and thoughtful almost in a sad way, while sneaking glances at (Y/N) who was emoting in front of an angry Pomeranian.

"Looks like they finally found a way to shut you up real good." (Y/N) remarked, blowing a puff of smoke towards Bakugou's face.

"This is too much to be honest." Tokoyami commented.

Bakugou glared angrily at (Y/N), followed by a muffled scream with even more anger. The two separated as tokoyami went to the third place spot and (Y/N) at the first place. The podium begins to rise

They were greeted with cheers, fireworks, explosions, and whatnot. Evidently, most if not all of their peers were either shocked or embarrassed seeing one of their classmates is in shackles and chains. (Y/N) pulled a beef jerky pack out of his pocket and began eating.

"Now! Let's break down the hardware!" Midnight spoke up, ready to announce the winners. "Of course there's only one person worthy of distributing the awards."

A familiar laugh echoed throughout the arena, the crowds instantly recognized and cheered.

"Citizens I am here with the medals!/All Might the number one Hero!" A.M and Midnight spoke over each other. A.M looked at her smiling as she was giggling.

"Oops... I ruined that didn't I?" Midnight recognized her mistake. "Anyways, now that you're here, All Might. Why don't you start the presentation." She handed the medals.

"Haha! Young Tokoyami! You showed great strength out there!" A.M puts a bronze medal over Tokoyami. "You humble me, sir."

"However.." He hugs the birb guy. "You've more training to do, if you're going to be able to fight different kinds of villains. You're not going to be able to rely on your quick on every battle you face." A.M whispered to him.

"Yes sir." Tokoyami acknowledge A.M tips. He turns around to look at Todoroki.

"Young Todoroki! Congratulations. I'm assuming there's a reason you didn't use your left side during the preliminary, though it cost you the match." He commented as Todoroki stared at him before staring at (Y/N) who's looking down at them. When (Y/N) noticed Todoroki staring at him, he just smiled and waved at him assuringly.

"Midoriya opened my eyes during our match. But then I started to doubt myself. I think I now understand a little about why you're so interested in him. I want to be the kind of hero you are, but my path isn't as clear as I thought it was. But then (L/N) has shown me a crossroad that I have to choose where to go. I have a lot to think about. And I still need to settle things with someone, very soon." He finished saying as he tore his gaze away from (Y/N) and back to All Might.

All Might nodded in understanding. "I've never seen the look on your face before. I won't ask for details, but trust yourself, I'm sure you'll work things out."

"Right."

"Alright next it's you, young Bakugo!" All Might took a look at the situation. "Hm, this is a little much. Well, you almost did what you said you'll do in the pledge. It seems (Y/N) was a bit stronger than you." A.M said rubbing a bit of salt on the wound.

"All Miiiighhhhtttt...." Bakugou snarled, once all might removed his muzzle.

"Yeah boy, here we go!" (Y/N) felt the air thickening with Bakugou's pissed aura.

"Winning 2nd place, doesn't prove I'm the best! Not until I knock that bastard out with my quirk. Then I can consider myself the best, and I refuse to accept anything that I failed!" He barks out his frustration, turning almost quite literally into an angry Pomeranian from hell. (Y/N) chuckled, as Bakugo glared at his direction.

"Well now...." (Y/N) smirked, "I'll wait for the day that you can make me fall on my back, but until then..." (Y/N) snapped his fingers creating a mini explosion. "Keep training."

All Might cleared his throat before proceeding.

"In a world where we are constantly being compared to one another, there are few who can keep their eyes focused on the top spot. And you're one of them." A.M say but he didn't convince him.

*SPEECH -10*

"Please accept this medal, even if you have to accept it as a scar, something you'll never forget." He puts, well he certainly tries to, as Bakugou kept dodging.

"I don't want that piece of crap!" He barked as he dodges.

"C'mon now..." All Might struggled as Bakugou can be a slippery fella if he wants to.

"GET THAT SHI- CRAP OFF ME!!! RAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!" Bakugou screamed as All Might places the medal on his mouth.

"Alright now he's done, and finally Young (L/N)....." All Might turns to him, but he was met by a creature he fought recently but this time a tad bit smaller.

And the same build as him. This unearthed a painful memory, he unconsciously held his side where (Y/N) delivered that almost made him meet his predecessors.

"Sup bruh." (Y/N) said, smirking with his mandibles. All Might relaxed as he realized (Y/N) is in control.

"Ah Young (L/N), Congratulations! You're the Champion of this year Sports Festival! You've surpassed and shocked everyone literally with the performance you've shown!" He told him, making (Y/N) grin before transforming back in his human form again.

"Well what can I say except you're welcome!" (Y/N) replied waving to the crowd, who cheered in response.

"I am honored to present you this medal, your first milestone in the path of becoming a True Hero!" All Might announced as (Y/N) bowed letting him put the medal on him.

"And HERE THEY ARE! THE WINNERS OF THIS YEARS SPORTS FESTIVAL!" ALL MIGHT shouted to the crowds, (Y/N) smiled and waved at the crowds who are cheering and clapping.

"But listen closely. Any of you first years could've ended up standing on one of these podiums! Think about what have you done today, you've challenged each other, learned and climbed even closer towards your goals of being pros! I think that the next generations of heroes is proving to be the most promising one yet! So I have one more thing to say! I want to hear everyone yelling with me! You'll know what it is-!"

"THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK!!!" ALL MIGHT shouted

"PLUS ULTRAAAAAA.... EHHHHHH!!!!" The crowd shouted, in outrage and confusion.

"... What? That's the perfect opportunity to say Plus Ultra, All Might!" The crowd shouted again disappointed.

"Ohh... Well yeah, I guess. But everyone did such a good job!"

____________________________________________________________________

After that, Yaoyorozu suggested the class to take a group photo to remember the moment. Most agreed, (Y/N) 'persuaded one' to join the group photo and have a pic with one of them. After that they returned to their classroom after that.

Naturally, (Y/N) felt attracted to one of them in particular.

"Jiro..." He appeared from the shadows and approached the said girl.

"Hmm?" She turned around, surprised to see him.

"I just wanted to.... Y'know..." He glances around, blushing a bit. "To thank you." He shyly said.

"F-for what?" She blinked in surprise, even blushing a little herself.

"For believing in me... And cheering me on." He said sincerely, making his tendrils into 👉👈 and looking into her eyes.

The two stared at each other, kinda lost themselves in the moment.

"No prob-" Jiro started.

"Thank yo-" (Y/N) said.

The two talked over each other, bowing forward, and ended up hitting each other's heads.

"Oowwww, ow ow!"

"Ah! Tsssss." (Y/N) hissed as he felt pain by accident.

They felt the pain on their foreheads, a lil' red lump on both of them. And then they looked at each other surprised, smiling, and sharing a laugh in that dumb moment.

"Idiot..." She said, still smiling.

"Yeah..." He grinned but still hypothesized how he got hurt.

____________________________________________________________________

(Y/N) Pov.

The Sports Festival was a great opportunity for everyone to show what they can do. But for (Y/N) it was different. Even though not everyone made it to the final round, they're all winners in my book.

"Nice work. You have the next two days of school off to recuperate. I'm sure the pros who watched the festival will want to recruit some of you, we'll look over the draft forms and update you when you return. Get some rest, you still have a lot of training." Aizawa announced as he looked at his notes.

"Yes sir." We replied.

____________________________________________________________________

I went home, proud of myself. It was a glorious victory, as I walked down the streets, I was constantly stopped by citizens that recognized me, it was a big event after all.

When I arrived home, I was received by a warm hug from Mom.

"Congratulations, (N/N)!" She kissed my forehead, while hugging me. "I'm so proud of you!" She told me as she let go of the hug.

"Now tell me everything that happened." She said as I just smiled in response.

I told her everything that happened, keeping some information to myself so she won't get stressed.

After that I hung my gold medal with the framed picture of my class, the one we took when the Sports Festival ended.

"Alright... I'm already taking a huge step towards true heroism." I smiled as I walked towards the couch and sat down.

I checked my phone with the TV on the background. I checked my photos and found one that captured my attention.

The picture of me and Jiro wearing my medal, smiling and laughing. I smiled at the picture before making it my lockscreen photo. He was about to turn the TV off until it blared terrible news.

"The pro hero Ingenium was attacked and was in serious condition." I was dazed, remembering what Iida told them.

"Shit.... I don't like where this is going." I mumbled, as I stared at the pro hero's pic on the tv. "Iida, don't do something stupid."

____________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.9K 21
Some are born to be heroes, and others are not. Fate decides that outcome the day you are born simply by your quirk. You are seen as a future pro if...
43.2K 1.1K 32
Izuku Midoriya's dream of becoming a Hero was not only shattered by his Idol, but by society. What happens when his Mom receives a job offer in Ameri...
16.4K 614 23
I grew up wanting to be a hero... A hero that could save everyone. A hero, smiling to reassure others, like All-Might! The greatest hero! This world...
125K 2.2K 76
In a world where 80% of the population had some sort of quirk, izuku midoriya lives a horrid live of bring one of the unlucky, quirkless ones. He's a...