𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚 ▻ �...

By flawlesstiles

❝ i was 18 tommy, what was i supposed to do? ❞ ❝ stay. ❞ ▲ [ peaky blinders season 1 ] More

𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚
𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙩
𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙥𝙝
𝙊𝙣𝙚
𝙏𝙬𝙤
𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙎𝙞𝙭
𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙏𝙚𝙣
𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚
𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙁𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙎𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙊𝙣𝙚
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙬𝙤
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙞𝙭
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮
𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙊𝙣𝙚
𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙬𝙤
𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦
𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙏𝙬𝙤 𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘖𝘶𝘵

𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

18.3K 345 26
By flawlesstiles

𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

...

SHE LOVED HIM and he loved her just the same, at least to the extent that the 18 year olds knew about love at the time. Elizabeth Alder and Thomas Shelby. That was it and they knew it. Heck, all of Small Heath knew it to be frank. With the two plastered at the hip and their laughs forever echoing through the streets, how could everyone not know?

The Alder's and the Shelby's, not only were they neighbours, but life-long family friends. You could go back the family tree five generations on either side and you would still find an Alder and a Shelby man standing next to each other somewhere. So it is to no surprise that Elizabeth and her older brother Benjamin spend most of their days with the notorious Shelby boys, Arthur, Thomas, and John, and but of course not to forget the young Ada Shelby as well. Day and night the five, and sometimes even the six of them would crouse the streets of Small Heath. Everyone in town knew not to make a fuss, as they were the Alder and Shelby kids, and doing as much as complain to a neighbour over morning tea would have them end up with their front door missing off its hinges. And happily (or more like unhappily) for the town, that family would grow just a little more that sunny Sunday morning in February of 1908.

Elizabeth sat by the small fire, sipping a cup of tea her Mother (who has already left for work) made for her not long ago. Doing nothing but hum a tune she heard playing on the street the other day, she gets interrupted, "Don't be singing that stuff off the streets Liz", her brother grunts as he makes his way down the stairs and to the kitchen.

"I bloody sing what I want to", she quickly spits back.

"Mum said—", "Oi Ben, I'm 18, fuck off with the 'Mum said' nonsense come on", the girl cuts him off.

Ben peers around the corner, giving his stubborn younger sister a glare, and she happily returns one with a cheeky smile. Elizabeth, or who a lot of the time is called Liz, has been stubborn since day one. From being born feet first to refusing almost all forms of help, Elizabeth Alder has always been a force to be reckoned with. Most people in the girl's life find this quality to be quite annoying, yet for Thomas it is what pulls him in more each day; When others see stubbornness he sees a girl who knows what she wants. When others see a girl with an attitude and foul mouth he sees a girl who stands up for herself and her family no matter the cost. Although he hasn't admitted it to her, he very well knows his feisty golden haired girl inspires him.

"I'm just sayin don't be lulling that around when Mum's home", Ben warns.

"You think I'm a tart?", Elizabeth retorts, "I—", but she gets cut off by the front door of their house being swung open.

The two don't turn their heads too quickly, as they know it could only be a handful of people at the door since no one else in the town would have the balls to do so otherwise. "Mum's having the baby!", a little Ada squeals.

Elizabeth springs from her seat with a smile on her face. "Right now?", she asks and the little girl quickly bobs her head up and down.

"I'm gone!", the girl shouts to her brother and she grabs Ada's hand and rushes next door.

    As weird as it sounds, births excite Miss. Alder, although she is only 18. The thought of new life bewilders the girl, as it can only be a product of a miracle. She remembers being in the room for little Ada's birth 11 years ago, even little John's just two years prior of Ada. As one of the only girls between the two families it was basically expected for Elizabeth to be there, for not just moral support, but to help with the birth itself. A fondness for helping people quickly grew on the girl, which was quite ironic given she herself wouldn't accept any help. As a result Elizabeth has set to become a nurse, so the birth of the presumed new Shelby boy will be great practice.

    "Liz thank god you're here", Polly says as she rushes past the girl with a bunch of towels in her arms, "grab the rest of the lot and come upstairs."

    Without hesitation the girl grabs the towels and smiles and hands one to Ada as well to help. "You ready?", she asks and the girl nods her head.

    They enter the room, Polly and her Mum (Dorothy) are already at Mrs. Shelby's side. "Tell that bastard Arthur I'm done having kids", the woman grunts, "I'm getting too bloody old for this."

    Ada gives Elizabeth a worried look and she wraps her arm around the girls shoulders and slowly walks her over to her mother who lay in the bed. "Chin up darling", Elizabeth's Mother says, "You'll meet your baby brother soon."

    And soon it sure was. The birth of the baby boy, to dismay of Ada who was hoping for a sister, was the quickest of all of Mrs. Shelby's births. As much as Elizabeth would never admit it, it was a lot thanks to her. The cries of the newborn baby echoes though the Shelby home and a knock on the door turns the attention away. "My son", Arthur Sr. says walking into the room.

    Elizabeth scrunches her nose as she walks the opposite way to avoid Mr. Shelby. She was never a fan of the man, but she does have to give him credit for giving her her Shelby boys. The drunken man lifts the baby up in his arms, everyone in the room on edge, ready for anything. "That's quite enough", Polly says to her brother and quickly but gently takes the child from his dangerous arms.

    "Would you be a doll and fetch me some water?", Mrs. Shelby asks and Elizabeth gives a nod and walks downstairs to the kitchen.

    "Is it true?", a voice asks and she turns to see none other than her Tommy standing at the doorway and she gives a nod.

    "You officially have a new baby brother, congratulations" she smiles.

    Thomas walks over to his golden haired girl and engulfs her in a hug, she quickly wrapping her arms around his torso. "The day it is you on that bed giving birth to our child will be the second best day of my life", he says quietly.

     "The second eh?", the girl laughs as she pulls away to look at him.

    "The first obviously being the day you become my wife", the blue eyed boy says as he stares into her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Oh Tommy, I thought I already was", Elizabeth jokes as she picks up the cup of water.

"In my heart you already are", he replies.

...

A few months go by and spring is beginning to show. Leaves on the trees are beginning to bud, the grass becoming a little greener with life. Elizabeth often found herself taking care of the baby boy who was named Finn as Mrs. Shelby always seemed to be down. She never complained since the alternative would be sitting at home alone. Benjamin a few weeks after the birth of the boy decided to up and leave Small Heath to run away with some girl, leaving his friends and family behind like they were nothing.

    As she lay the baby down to sleep a quiet knock on the door causes her to spin around and run to the door to ensure the baby is not woken. She opens it to see of course her Tommy, who just got back from his new day job at the scrap yard. He looks at the girl and he can't help but notice the dark circles, bags, and overall tiredness on her face. Out of everyone he knows just how much she is looking after his baby brother, and he can see the toll it is taking on her.

    "How about we go have a night out on the town huh?", he smiles in hopes to make her feel better, "When's the last time we did that?"

    As Elizabeth tries to think of the last time they went out for a drink, the silence spoke for itself. "Well that answers that question", Tommy smiles, causing her to smile too, "Get your dancing shoes on Ellie, we're going out!"

    Only he called her Ellie, and she always fancied it. To her, when he called her Ellie, she couldn't help a smile, it brought butterflies to her stomach, it sounded like a perfect harmony of morning birds chirping.

She quickly changed into a nice dress and her so called dancing shoes, and before they knew it Thomas and Elizabeth found themselves at The Garrison of course. A whisky and a couple beers later Elizabeth was light on her feet as if the past couple months never happened. With her Tommy by her side she dance around the pub to the music with a smile on her face. "You've got yourself a dancing queen eh Tom", Arthur slurs as he slings his arm around his younger brothers shoulders.

"Oh shut it Arthur", he says and all he does is laugh.

"My sweet Liz", Arthur says getting the girls attention and she spins around to face him, "Why don't you sing us a song?"

"Arth—", "Yes yes yes of course!", she smiles before Thomas could lecture his brother, "Anything for my brother Arty."

"Tommy you know she's got a beautiful voice, don't be so selfish thinking you get to keep it all for yourself to hear", Arthur jokes ruffling Tommy's hair, "The world needs to hear Elizabeth fucking Alder!"

Before he knew it he was being dragged by his golden girl towards the piano, laughs just radiating from her. "Come on Tommy, I can't sing without you", she says as she points to the piano bench, "I want to sing Take Me Out To The Ball Game!"

Tommy looked at Elizabeth as she smiled and he knew he count not say no. He knew he would do everything and anything to keep that smile on her face as long as he could, so he sat on the piano bench and rolled up his sleeves. "We've got a show!", Arthur shouts and everyone in The Garrison cheers and crowds around the piano.

Although not the most elegant of songs to choose, it was the perfect fit for The Garrison. The new song got everyone it at pub up, swaying, shouting, and slurring along as Miss. Elizabeth Alder sings and Mr. Thomas Shelby plays the piano (of course with a cigarette delicately hanging off his lips). This was life in Small Heath. The town basking in the love that radiates from the golden haired girl and her ocean eyed boy.

But that was all before. And all what lies is the now.

...

[ Chapter Status: Not Edited ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 790 41
❝And I love you; for that, I vow that my absence will plague you for the rest of your cursed days. ❞ Tommy Shelby x female!oc Peaky Blinders season t...
375K 16.6K 51
( 𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐁𝐘 ) 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘪 𝘢𝘮. ( tommy shelby x beatrice price...
666K 22.4K 42
"Don't care if he's guilty, Don't care if he's not; He's good and he's bad, And he's all that I've got." She grew up watching them, fearing them. A...
1.6K 75 9
It was you from the moment we met. *SLOW UPDATES* I have no update schedule as my main priority at this time is college. Thank you for your support...