LOVE AT THE FORUM

Oleh hsdiaries

Maggie has worked as the production head at the Kia Forum for 6 years now, and nothing could have ever prepar... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: Maggie
Chapter 2: Opening Night
Chapter 3: The Pen
Chapter 4: Yeah Right
Chapter 5: Woodsy, Warm, Vanilla
Chapter 6: Tic Tac Toe
Chapter 7: Seating Arangements
Chapter 8: Love Actually
Chapter 9: The Date
Chapter 10: Complication #1
Chapter 11: Girlfriend
Chapter 12: Trouble
Chapter 13: Door Conversations
Chapter 14: Late Night Talking
Chapter 15: Those Eyes
Chapter 16: Trust
Chapter 17: Charles
Chapter 18: The Stunt Continues
Chapter 19: Edging
Chapter 20: Sun to the Darkest of Days
Chapter 21: It's Just Been On My Mind
Chapter 22: Control
Chapter 23: Trust
Chapter 24: Pancakes and Coffee for Two
Chapter 25: Downhill
Chapter 26: i love you
Chapter 28: Falling
Chapter 29: London
Chapter 30: Feel Good
Chapter 31: Mamí
Chapter 32: Get Out
Chapter 33: Matilda
Chapter 34: The End
BOOKS TWO AND THREE
The Big Moment
Charlie
NEW BOOK LIVE
UPDATES
UPDATE
Update ✨
NEW STORY UPDATE
ALMOST YOU
sneak peek : upcoming book
house of stone : coming soon

Chapter 27: Breakdown

6.3K 116 21
Oleh hsdiaries

I laid in my mom's bed curled up next to her. Everyone had left to go grab us food, shower change, but I couldn't leave. I had changed into the new clothes Anita brought me, and that's all I could manage.

My mom had woken up a few times today, but each time would get worn out quickly and fall back asleep. The medication didn't seem to be helping, and when they doubled the dose, all she did was sleep. She hadn't woken up in five hours now.

I looked up at her face, she looked so peaceful, but like this was taking more years away from her, just like the cancer had.

"Mami, you have to get better, okay? I need you." I bit my lip as tears came and I hugged her tighter.

I felt as she stirred a little in my arms, and whispered out, "Okay mija."

I peeked up at her, and her eyes were slightly open, the smallest smile on her face.

"Ma? You awake?"

"Si, barely." She coughed softly.

"How do you feel?"

"Like a thousand bucks." She joked, but it didn't feel funny to me, and she noticed, "Not that great honey."

"Mom, why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling good?" I said sitting up.

"I didn't want to worry you. Charles told me how happy you were with that other man. With Harry. Becca was finally going out with friends again. I didn't want to be a burden."

I shook my head, "You are never a burden. You're my mom. I love you. Endlessly."

I felt the tears come as the door opened, Becca and Charles walking in.

"Mami, you're awake!" Becca exclaimed running over, and I quickly got off the bed to make room for her. I wiped my tears walking over to the window.

"Hi Rosa, good to see those pretty eyes." Charles said to my mom, kissing her cheek.

I heard his footsteps approaching me, and he leaned against the wall, looking at me, "You okay?"

I shook my head.

"Maggie, I know you hate when I do this, but as your boss, you aren't working tomorrow, okay?"

I turned to look at him, "No, Charles, I can't just be here. I really can't."

"Maggie, you need to be resting then. You aren't okay."

I cried and shook my head, "I don't want to lose myself like last time. Please."

He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me, I felt him rest his cheek on top of my head, "I just need you to be okay Maggie. Olivia being there everyday isn't going to help any of this."

Olivia. I had forgotten about Olivia. All I wanted was to go to work so I could be around Harry, but of course, Olivia.

"I can handle it, just let me try tomorrow, please." I said pushing out of his arms so that we could lock eyes.

He sighed and shook his head, "Okay, but Anita is shadowing you 100%. You both are doing your jobs together. No separate tasks."

I nod as Anita and Harry walk in with food for everyone. Charles placed his hands on my shoulders and kissed my forehead, turning and walking to Harry and Anita. He took the food bags from Harry, saying something to him, before Harry walked over to me. He then began whispering something to Anita.

"Hey Mags, how are you?" Harry asked, placing a hand on my cheek. I turned my face into it and sighed.

"I don't even know anymore." I swallowed.

"Are you sure about work tomorrow Mags?" He said softly.

"Yes. Please don't argue with me about it." My voice is slightly harsh.

"Baby, no one is arguing. I respect all your decisions."

I nodded pinching my lower lip, I couldn't let Harry and I turn into Charles and I just because I was stressed, "I'm sorry."

He pulled me in and kissed me softly, then kissed my nose, "I'm going to talk to Jeff and Olivia. I know they won't listen, but I'm going to make it clear to Olivia to lay off."

I nodded and pressed my cheek into his chest, "Okay."

"You need to eat something okay? We got Panera, we got you your favorite soup according to your sister."

"I'm not hungry."

He kissed the top of my head, "Please Maggie."

His voice was laced with so much concern, and he pulled me closer to him, "Okay."

The next day Harry and I left early so that we could have enough time to shower and change before the concert. As we drove to his house, I kept feeling as if my chest was tight. I instantly started regretting leaving my mom, but I knew the pattern I could fall back into. I knew she was okay. She was in the hospital being taken care of and Becca was there.

But what if she dies? What if she calls out and Becca is in the bathroom and no one hears her?

I shake my head as he pulls into his driveway and he notices my distress, "Baby, I can take you right back to the hospital after we shower. We have time, you don't have to work."

"No." Is all I manage to get out as I step out of the car.

When we get to the house I walk straight to the bathroom, placing my overnight bag on the toilet, pulling out my toothbrush. I start brushing my teeth and look at myself in the mirror. I'm a mess. And when Harry's beautiful face appears in the mirror next to me, I'm aware of how much more a mess I actually am. I look down avoiding my own reflection and Harry leans down, kissing my neck softly.

He walks past me and turns on the shower for me so the water begins to warm, "Just let me know when you're out so I can shower too." I nod in response.

Ten minutes pass and it isn't until Harry walks back in that I realize I had been staring at the shower without getting in. The steam caused my hair to stick around my face and neck.

"Baby," is all Harry gets out before I start crying, "here, we will do this together."

He walks over and helps me out of all my clothes, quickly taking his off as well. He walks me into the shower, and the hot water feels amazing. I close my eyes under the stream of water and take a deep breath. I feel as Harry brushes my hair back with his fingers, letting the water coat every strand. He pours the shampoo on the top of my head, and starts to massage it into my hair, it feels so relaxing. Once it's rinsed off, he adds some to his own hand so he can wash his hair, and I manage to add some conditioner to my ends, letting it sit while he finishes washing his hair before rinsing it.

Harry grabbed my loofa that had found its permanent home here, and added body wash to it, running it along my body. He kissed my neck softly as he did, moving up to my ear and whispering, "I love you."

I smiled softly, "I love you too."

I rinsed off as he washed himself, watching the soap and water on his body. I really loved this man. He really loved me. I couldn't get enough of knowing that. I leaned forward, slipping my hands around him and he pulled me hard against him.

"Harry?" I said walking a few steps until his back was against the wall.

"Yeah baby?"

"I really love you." I said, giving him a soft kiss, before kissing down his neck. I reached down, and began stroking him up and down, feeling as he slowly got hard. His breath slowed as I did. I kissed down his chest, lowering my body as I kissed lower.

"Baby, you don't h—I want to. Please." And I really did, I wanted to show him how much I loved him. I wanted to make him feel good the way he made me feel good.

When I was on my knees I took him in my mouth, moving my mouth up and down his length, my hand creating the same motion on the areas I couldn't reach. I soon learned that he really enjoyed when I ran my tongue along the bottom of him as I sucked, his hand gripping onto my hair, a small "fuck" slipping through his lips.

I moved up and down his length at a quicker pace, grabbing into his legs, and I felt as his muscles began to tighten. Soon he came undone in my mouth. I wiped my mouth as I stood up and he quickly pulled me into a deep kiss. His body was still shaking as he did.

We stood under the water, kissing as it turned cold, letting us know it was time to get out. By the time we were dressed and ready to go, I felt a little more alive, and hoped it would stay this way throughout the entire night.

We made it thirty minutes before sound check, and we could hear commotion coming from the arena.

"Olivia, the children can't run on the stage, it's a hazard. Plus I am having a meeting with Anita, Harry and Maggie here so I need it cleared out."

"I'm sure Harry won't mind if I stick around, this is his stage after all, the kids are fine."

Harry took my hand, and led me in the arena up the stage stairs, "Olivia. Out. You aren't a part of this meeting. Stop giving Charles a hard time."

She looked down at our hands and I looked away. I couldn't handle any eye contact with her. I didn't have it in me to hold my ground today.

"Harry, we already had to pay off people from your little hospital outburst, and now you're holding her hand. It's like you don't even care about this arrangement.

"Because I don't. No one goes into these arrangements actually caring, Olivia."

I try to let go of Harry's hand, but he only holds it tighter. Olivia is quiet until she finally calls her kids and walks off the stage, but not before turning to Harry, "I will be discussing this with Jeff."

"Go right ahead, you forget he works for me, not you."

Once she is gone I hear Charles breathe in deeply, before speaking, "You both have twenty minutes, enjoy the stage."

Once he walks away, I turn to Harry, "Someone turned in a video of the hospital?"

"No, photos and a story about me saying I love you. But it's taken care of."

I try to let go of his hand, and he doesn't allow me again, "Maggie stop, I don't care. Please. I really don't care about that stupid arrangement anymore."

I look into his eyes and see his sincerity, and moreover, his exhaustion with it. I take a deep breath and walk over, holding him close. He kissed the top of my head and whispered, "Let's lay down."

We walked to the center of the stage, and laid down on our back, facing up. We laid in silence, but he held my hand the entire time, his thumb making small circles.

"Babe?" I say, barely a whisper coming out.

"Yeah?"

"I'm really tired."

He turns to me resting his head on his hand, "You want to go home?"

I nod, tears down my cheeks.

"Okay baby. Wait here." He gets up and walks off the stage. I begin sobbing uncontrollably and before I know it, Charles is picking me up in his arms.

"Where's Harry?" I managed to get out.

"He's canceling the show tonight and tomorrow."

Before I can manage a protest, he cuts me off, his voice so soft, "Today, your only concern is Maggie, okay?"

I nod as he brings me out to a giant suv, placing me in the backseat.

"Sleep okay? I believe you're going to Harry's. Just rest."

I nod, and before he closes the door, I whisper, "Thank you."

AN: I feel the end of this story slowly approaching, which is insane. Thank you for the love!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

70.8K 1.7K 34
Before you read this, make sure you read Love at the Forum!
215 0 22
He has secrets, and by definition it's her job to dig them up, but how is she going to feel when she stumbles upon something that was never meant to...
288K 13.1K 80
For as long as she can remember, Maddie Graham has had only one dream, to stand on a stage, facing an adoring crowd and sing the songs she has spent...
93.8K 1.4K 30
Christina Donaldson had been working as a personal assistant to many artist for years, but nothing could prepare her for being one to Harry Styles. A...