The Academy of Gentlemen (TFb...

By bubblysuga

EDITING [ ★ ] Lienne is an ordinary girl like you and I - but she has these three childhood friends, they go... More

Get Ready...
Prologue || Faint Memories
One || TFboys and EXO and Men, oh my!
Two || Don't Forget 04|05|15
Three || Open Day
Chapter IV - Times like these...
Chapter V - Angels watching over her
Chapter VI - The Stars in his life
Chapter VII - Chronic Bronchitis
Chapter VIII - Bittersweet Cake of Memories
Special Chapter - Little Deer
Chapter X - Old Wounds
Chapter XI - The Setting Sun
Chapter XII - Cinderella
Chapter XIII - The Balance
Chapter XIV - Betrayed
Chapter XV - Operation Cheer-up
Chapter XVI - "You Really Thought She Loved You"
(Not A Chapter) - You Are My Sunshines~
Chapter XVIII - JayJay
Chapter XIX - The Difficulty Child
Chapter XX - Misunderstanding
Chapter XXI - The Mission
Chapter XXII - The Truth
Chapter XXIII - Veronica and Vivienne
Chapter XXIV - Competition has begun
Chapter XXV - My Lady
Chapter XXVI - Confidence
Chapter XXVII - Confessions
Chapter XXVIII - Decisions Decisions...
Chapter XXIX - Princess
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter XVII - Standing in a Streetlight

871 45 16
By bubblysuga

"You really thought she loved you, right?"

Jackson felt devastated, it wasn't as if Lienne said she loved him, but maybe, just maybe,

But it was just Jackson pinning his hopes too high. Was he just a friend to her?

No wonder Karry and Roy had been acting so strange, was he the only one out of the loop?

They were meant to be a family, no secrets allowed. But here they were.

When did everything go wrong?

"I-I.." Jackson stuttered, but he got cut off from Karry,

"Don't even try to lie, Jackson. You did think she loved you." Karry said grimly and firmly, his eyes darkened, but when he saw Jackson trying to stifle his tears, Karry immediately threw away his attitude, "Oh crap, don't cry. What are you, six-years-old?" Despite his words, he came over and hugged Jackson in a brotherly fashion.

"I'm not crying." Jackson said stubbornly, then he pretended to yawn, "I-I'm just yawning."

Karry snorted, "I believe you with all my heart,"

He was right, Jackson couldn't lie to Karry. Karry was like his big brother, he teased and hurt him relentlessly, but once Jackson got hurt, Karry was the first person to spring into action.

Jackson ran his hand down his face, "I just thought that... it was a possibility."

Karry gritted his teeth, "A possibility that wasn't big enough."

"What should I do?"

"Nothing, you're the only one who thought Lienne loved you. It isn't her fault."

"But..." He was right, Jackson couldn't do anything about it other than lay low and watch, "Fine."

Karry patted Jackson on the shoulder lovingly with a smile, "Good. No more dates with Lienne, 'kay? We don't want your heart to be completely disintegrated."

Jackson didn't laugh, he took Karry's advice seriously. Never again. I will never see Lienne other than a sister, he thought.

The next day, Jackson did exactly that. He tried ignore Lienne's warm smiles but they still made his heart flutter nervously.

However, Lienne was confused, they got along perfectly yesterday but now Jackson was giving her the cold shoulder. Did I do something wrong?

She pondered about it all day, since it was still Spring Break, she rolled on her bed boredly. There's nothing to do... ah~ I should walk to the park! That would be a nice exercise, she grinned with satisfaction, she now had something to do.

First, she opened her window, how cold is it?

As soon as she opened the window, an icy blast of air struck her cheeks, "Oh shoot!" She exclaimed and shut the window quickly.

Right, she gritted her teeth, really cold.

Lienne wasn't exactly a big fan of the cold, once she got cold, she couldn't even think straight anymore and it was worse if you were talking to her, since she won't even listen and would just keep repeating 'I'm cold, I'm cold, I'm cold.'

(A/N; Does anyone else do that, or is that just me?)

She put an overly large coat, a long scarf and earmuffs on. Maybe she did look like an overly-stuffed turkey, but she didn't care.

She took a huge intake of air before she stepped out into the cold, bitterness of reality.

Lienne started walking to the park and suddenly felt really lonely which gave her another shiver, she stuffed her hands in her pockets, I should've brought my gloves.

"Uwah~ I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." A soft voice cried, followed by a crash. Lienne snapped her head to look over to the source of noise and saw Tao, Sehun and Jongin standing beside a stall.

Sehun looked pretty annoyed with Tao, since he knocked over a stall of apples.  And Jongin was just being Jongin, as he laughed hard at Tao.

She walked over to them and she could hear their loud conversations already.

"How clumsy can you get? I wish I never came, I wish I stayed home." Sehun grumbled and huffed.

Jongin wiped his tears away, still chuckling softly to himself, "That's what's expected of our Disney Princess!"

"Why are you guys so mean to me." Tao whined, almost on the verge of tears, but his sadness quickly turned to burning anger, "Why don't you help me?"

"You're so embarrassing, go help yourself." Sehun said cruelly with his famous poker-face.

"Hey guys!" Lienne awkwardly said, hopping over rolling apples.

Tao immediately grabbed onto Lienne's arm, "Lienne-ah, help me please." He pleaded.

Sehun almost pushed him to the ground when he shoved him off Lienne, "No one's gonna help you, learn to clean after your mess, you stupid Senior."

"Isn't today a lovely day." Jongin's eyes sparkled which was different to Tao and Sehun's cranky moods,

Lienne eyed him suspiciously, "Aren't you cold?" He was only wearing a loose t-shirt and ripped skinny jeans and he seemed to be comfortable.

"Cold?" He gave her a blank look.

"You know..." Lienne said, "That feeling of icy knives stabbing you a thousand times."

"What's that?"

Lienne opened her mouth to explain more but Sehun stopped her,

"Don't even bother, Lienne." He sighed, "He always thinks he's hot stuff, so 'cold' isn't even in his vocabulary."

Jongin flicked his hair dramatically, "I am hot stuff." Then he lifted his shirt up, showing his well-formed abs, "I'll melt all your so-called 'coldness' away!"

"Put down your shirt, Jongin." Sehun said with threat and menace, aware that at least three girls turned red when they saw Jongin.

Jongin shrugged and put it down, "You're just jealous, Ab-less Sehun."

"Please," Sehun said sassily, even putting one hand on his hip, "I don't want to be a man-whore like you."

"Excuse me-"

"Stop acting like you're three-years-old, guys, you're attracting attention." Tao said with superiority,

They both glared at him, "Look who's talking." Lienne looked over to Tao, who was surrounded by apples,

Their squabble was soon ended when the old lady that owned the Apple Stall waved her arms angrily at them, shouting a string of swear words. Sehun was frozen, Jongin was strangely amused and Tao gasped and clapped his hands over Lienne's ears.

Lienne slapped his hands away though.

They walked away with different expressions on their faces,

"That was funny." Jongin whispered lowly.

"No, it wasn't." Sehun snapped.

"She was a little bit rude." Tao huffed.

Lienne sighed, as if she was dealing with children, "What're you guys doing out here anyways?"

"Well, we decided to have a day out together." Tao chirped.

Sehun's grumpy little attitude remained, "I wish I never came, I knew it was nothing but trouble."

"C'mon, it's fun! It's just us, the youngsters of the Seniors." Jongin said cheerily, swinging his arms like an elementary kid.

"Not fun at all." Sehun deadpanned, "Anyways, so... you and Jackson, huh?"

Lienne snapped back into attention, "What? No."

"Really?" They all said simultaneously,

"No! I mean... well... it was just one night."

Jongin raised his eyebrows with amusement, "A lot could happen in a night..." He said, as if stating the obvious.

Sehun stepped on his foot purposely which made Jongin scream out his pain and hop around, "If you don't keep it PG, I will personally rip your balls off like Velcro."

"Look who's being PG now." Jongin glared daggers at Sehun.

Tao gave the two a look which surprisingly shut their mouths, "Jackson seems to be head-over-heels for you though."

"I don't know..." Lienne said truthfully.

Roy or Jackson?

Sehun dragged Lienne away and whispered quickly, "But didn't you kiss Roy?"

Jongin grabbed Sehun by the collar which pulled Sehun back instantly, "Why are you whispering?"

"None of your damn business." Sehun said coolly, then Jongin cuffed his ear.

"I'm also curious." Tao looked at Lienne.

"He was just asking if he could leave." She said, looking as innocent as she can.

The two trusted Lienne with their life, so they left it at that.

Lienne felt rotten for lying.

They didn't speak about her love-life for a while since they got distracted by cute side-shops. Lienne's little trip to the park suddenly became a shopping spree.

They had been out for hours already and Lienne was glad she decided to get out.

The three of them decided to walk Lienne home but she was strongly against it, "I don't want to trouble you!"

"It won't be any trouble at all." Sehun said truthfully.

But Lienne didn't want them to, so they made them turn back at the next corner,

As she was happily walking home, a bag in one hand containing cute plushies the boys bought for her.

Then she saw a strange figure in front of her house.

He had his hoodie up and his hands was stuffed inside his pockets, he looked like he was debating whether to walk up or not.

"Hello?" Lienne called out, which made the person jump, "Do you need anything?"

He turned to her and she immediately saw his face, "Karry?"

"Hey..." He said in his low, masculine voice.

"Hey," She managed to squeak back, she hadn't seen him for ages and he looked strangely handsome when he stood under a streetlight.

"Where've you been?" He asked, eyeing the bag suspiciously,

"Just out." She said, "With some of the Seniors."

"I see.."

It was awkward after that and he seemed to be staring at Lienne blankly,

"Uh..." She fidgeted with her scarf, "Do you want to come in?"

To her surprise, he nodded.

Then she fiddled with her house keys and went inside. He seemed to be lost, even though he had been in her house numerous times.

"Do... you want anything to drink?"

"No." He answered plainly.

"I'll just go-" Lienne started to turn around but Karry grabbed her wrist. Firmly. It was hurting her. "Uh... Karry that hurts."

But he didn't loosen his grip, "We need to talk,"

Her heart started beating loudly as she started into his liquid-brown eyes.

Omg guys.

Okay I caught my brother reading my diary

wHAT

What

What

What

No.

NO.

READ YOUR OWN DIARY.

Idk, I don't know how to do cliffhangers #SomeoneTeachMePlease

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 10.2K 87
*** PLEASE READ STOLEN MEMORIES ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN FIRST****** They say that people change after they get married. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan have been...
3.7K 248 10
I was just doing my daily routine... eating, sleeping, and sing-- just kidding. What I meant is, stalking Junkai. Yes. I'm an avid fangirl of Junkai...
525 15 14
Creation out of boredom with friends. Also just to show how delulu are we over EXO. Please don't take this seriously, we just created this for fun. S...
32.3K 1.1K 22
A talented girl and a transferred student from America. China was new and you had no idea how you had to adopt in this environment. It started from w...