I'll Love You Forever

Av Natashakiable18

Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Non-related chapter
Another non-related chapter
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 9

2.2K 44 2
Av Natashakiable18

CHAPTER 9

            “Lexie Grey, Lexie grey, how is your day?” I hear a voice which instantly brings a smile to my face.

            “Do you really wanna know?” I reply a bit teasingly as I turn to look at Mark who was also down in the ER.

            “Yes, I wanna know if you’re up for dinner at Camparos tonight.” He asks before we walk into a room just to see a patient bleeding horribly after a car crash.

            “Tyler! Please be okay!” A woman, about the age of 17, yells out as she stands by the door with shock on her face.

            “Ma’am, you can’t be in here.” I tell her as I help the other doctors with the patient.

            “That’s my boyfriend.” The woman tells us as she starts crying a bit,

            “I-I-I don’t even know what happened.” I turn to a nurse and hint at the door.

            “Okay, we’re doing everything we can. But you can’t be in here.” The woman nods as the nurse escorts her out of the room.

            “Okay, he’s flat lining, charge to 300.” I hear Dr. Hunt yell out as he’s handed the paddles. He places them onto the patient’s chest and yells, “Clear!” Everyone removes their hands quickly away before the electricity jolts the patient’s body and he stabilizes.

            “Okay, we need to get him to an OR, NOW!” Dr. Hunt yells as we all head out the door and rush him into surgery.

            Later that day, I had met up with Mark again while on the elevator heading to neuro.

            “So, you never answered my question.” I look up at him.

            “What question?”

            “Are you in the mood for Camparos tonight? I got us a reservation.” I look at him and smile,

            “Oh, I don’t know Dr. Sloan. I don’t know if my husband would like me going on a date with another man. Especially a good-looking doctor like yourself.” I tease him.

            “Mhm. Then maybe he doesn’t have to know.” He teases back before leaning close to kiss me.

            “I think I’m in the mood for that.” I say before kissing him back.

            “It’ll remind me of the time you met my dad for the first time.” Mark thought about it for a bit and nodded,

            “Oh yes. I remember that. You were so gorgeous and you still are.” I giggled softly as the doors opened.

            “This is my stop, I’ll see you tonight.”

            “You always will.” I say as he gets out. Once the elevator gets to my floor, I get out and head to work.

            “Have you told him yet?” I jump a bit startled by the sudden voice. I turn to look and see Derek.

            “The patient?” I question him unsure of what he was talking about.

            “No. Mark.” I raise my eyebrow,

            “Since when do you like to be my big brother while at work?” He holds up a patient’s chart and we start to head to the room.

            “I was just asking. So, did you?” I shook my head,

            “I wanted to tell him first, but I should have known Mer couldn’t keep a secret from you.” As we entered the room, Derek handed me the chart and I read it off.

            “Michael Reed, 15, suffers from constant epilepsy.” Derek nods at me,

            “Yep, you gotta love those seizures.” The guy jokes with me as Derek starts doing the typical checkup.

            “Dr. Grey, what’s the name of the procedure we’ll be doing?” I look at Derek,

            “Corpus Callosotomy.”

            “Exactly.”

            “What exactly is that doc?” The boy asks while looking from Derek then back at me.

            “Dr. Grey?” Derek says in a voice that indicates I should explain it.

            “Well, we will go in and split both the hemispheres of your brain.”

            “And this will stop my seizures?” Michael asks with a slight smile of excitement.

            “Yes, it should.” I say with a smile.

            “Then sign me up.”

            “There will be some side effects to this surgery, of course. Unfortunately this will cause your left hemisphere and right hemisphere to act on their own.” I look at Michael who’s giving me a confused face.

            “There’s something called alien hand syndrome, which can cause your hands to act on their own without you telling it to. And there is also a chance you might have a slight speech impairment.”

            “Well I guess all those are better than this…” Michael began to speak, but suddenly he began shaking and jolting; he was having a seizure. Derek quickly pushed the red button on the wall before we both assisted him.

            “Okay, we need to get him to an OR. These epilepsies could kill him.” I nod as Michael starts stabilizing.

            “We’re still waiting on his parent’s consent though.” I inform Derek.

            “Find them and get it. I’ll take him to the OR and once you’ve gotten it, come down and scrub in.” I nod as I leave the room and ask one of the nurses to find his parent’s number.

            Once I got the parents into the hospital to quickly sign the consent form, I head on down to the OR and scrub in.

            When work was over, I met up with Mark in which he kissed me before we did anything else.

            “How was your day?” He asked while we headed out the door.

            “It was great. I got to do a corpus callosotomy.” I smile widely and Mark’s eyebrows go up.

            “Wow, you don’t get to do one of those everyday.” I nod.

            “How was your day?”

            “It was okay. I did a breast reduction.”

            “You don’t sound too happy about that.” He shrugs,

            “I’d prefer if they were enlarging them.” He teases me in which I playfully hit his arm.

            “Well, because of that comment, I won’t tell you this secret that I’ve been keeping.” Mark gasped,

            “No! You have to tell me, cause now I’m curious.” I laugh. I always loved teasing Mark, especially when it made him curious.  We get into the car and head over to the restaurant.

            “Are you gonna tell me now?” Mark asks as he turns to look at me.

            “Nope.” I tease him again.

            “Oh c’mon. When will you tell me?”

            “When I feel its right.” I smile at him before we arrive and head in. As we sit down, Mark looks at me while I look at the menu.

            “Is there a reason you’re staring at me like a creep?” I ask him before putting my menu down.

            “You’re just gorgeous.” He says and right as I pick up the menu again, Mark reaches over and starts tickling me. I squeal loudly and start laughing.

            “Oh my god! Mark!” I almost drop the menu as I try pushing his hand away.

            “Are you gonna tell me?” I giggle uncontrollably as I try talking.

            “What was that?” He teases as people start staring at us.

            “Okay! I’ll spill.” I say while trying to catch my breath. Mark pulls his hand away and smirks.

            “Now you got everyone staring. We’re at a fancy restaurant, Mark.” I tease him as he moves his hand close to me again.

            “No, no more tickling.” I whine softly. Before I can tell him the big secret, the waiter comes by and takes our orders. But when ordering drinks, I think my choice gave the secret away.

            “Lex?” Mark asked a bit suspicious.

            “Yes?”

            “Are you?” I smile widely and nod.

            “Yep, I’m pregnant.” Mark sits there in shock, but not for long because he leans close and kisses me.

            “This is so exciting! You’re…” He shakes his head and corrects himself.

            “WE’RE having a baby.” I nod happily as we share another kiss. 

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

15.3K 310 21
34.3K 752 51
240K 6.6K 21
𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚍, 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚒 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 �...
1.1M 17.9K 28
Just between us did the love affair maim you too? Grey's Anatomy / Mark Sloan.