Roses bloom but I bleed...

By YeahitsQ

Hey you: I'm the one who drowns in his thoughts constantly, has a variety of imperfections and yearns for tho... More

#1 - Hey.
#2 -Thoughts from my heart:
#3 -Close your eyes and picture this:
#4 - Today I am feeling ..........................
#5- My friend once said
19/07 - Part 1
19/07 - Part 2
19/07 - Part 3
#6
#7
#8
I'm that Rose in the garden.
A promise that I will keep.
#8
#9
Two best friends
This was my heartbreak
2021
Let Acceptance become a norm and comparing null and void.
just venting
thursday 2 June 2022 -13:07
I caught a glimpse of being at peace.
Just be yourself
...
Just reflecting and thinking
2022
I should be sleeping
Another one.
let's talk
It's been a while.
Let's look back but also forward.
check in.

...

16 2 0
By YeahitsQ

With all the wins, losses, sins, and blessings, I have always been a believer.

It's been quite some time that I have been on here expressing my thoughts to you, and in the time that I was away, I was drowning in the pressure and adversities of life. It is the story of my life, where every challenge is thrown at me, old and new but somehow I walk out of it differently.

It's been a few days now since a breakdown that I experienced and to be honest, it was a moment I wasn't proud of.  Tonight I am writing this with a clear mind because there are a few matters that I want to discuss with you.

So today, I met up with a buddy of mine, he and I have a very unique friendship. We talk a lot about life and especially the emotional aspects of ourselves. We went for a walk around the neighborhood and it was good for both of us as we needed to escape a bit from university. As we were walking, we talked about a variety of things, but there were two aspects that were very serious. The first one was about love, I mentioned that for the past months, I had this negative perception of it, the love that I get from my friends and family is completely different to love in a relationship with a significant other, and I couldn't give an actual reason for it. I began to realize that the reason that I had that negative view was that I didn't get the opportunity to be in a relationship yet. 

I'm not going to lie when I say I am scared of being in a relationship and being in love, because the flaws that are a part of me will always be a constant reminder of everyone thinking otherwise. My buddy understood this insecurity that I am going through, and he encouraged me to not always hide from love but to find it. The journey may seem long and time-consuming, the flaws will always be a part of you but don't let them block all the good qualities that you have. He is currently in a good relationship right now and he said that relationships won't always be perfect, there is always something you learn every day.

The second aspect was about faith. I know I don't bring it up here when I talk about problems, but it's an important aspect to me. Usually, when tough times occur, depression hits, and isolation takes place. What is worse is that I would distance myself from God. My relationship with Him hasn't been a good one, there would be moments when I would neglect him for worldly pleasures, and I would always bring my problems to him but there was always one concern that I wouldn't talk to Him about because I am still confused about it. These past few days were a wake-up call to build my relationship with Him. I mentioned to my buddy that I just want Him to give me the reassurance that everything will be okay and give me the patience to trust His timing, I just don't want to experience pain anymore but to finally get peace. My buddy mentioned to me that sometimes when we get distracted by life, being a sinner may make us feel as if we drifting away from God, but what's important is that we are still believers.

After the conversation today, I felt that was a development to change my whole perspective of certain things in my life. These past few days, I have been taking time to myself and spending my time with family and a few friends. It was good to laugh and have fun with them. I am just irritated that I still have assignments to do, but the road of my university life is coming to an end, God willing. 

Hopefully, I won't be that distant on here as well, but I wish that peace and love find all of you out there.

Till we meet again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 1.7K 68
Greetings dear readers! This is my first ever poems book. And um I wrote these all based on my personal experiences. As you may journey through chapt...
73.8K 9K 81
Ranked #2 on short poems ❝ Short poems chosen from the colorful canvas of my mind, and the deepest bottom of my heart.❞ • All rights reserved. Cop...
32.9K 723 53
"Write to express, not to impress." "A poems, a memories. " @GreeneverGardenn (Jan 20, 2021)
51.9K 292 27
accident na mangyari makipag talik ako sa lalaki, dahil sa kalasingan ko at pagiging broken ko, hindi ko alam na sya pala ang isang professor ko comp...