Altair x Assassin!Reader

By SniperHuntrezz

Altair takes a journey into an unexpected adventure with his 'new partner'. As a relationship blossoms betwee... More

The Feared Assassin
Woman Problems
The Temple
Betrayer
Saviour
Memories and Expectations
Garnier de Naplouse ~ Part 1
Garnier de Naplouse - Part 2
Hurt
Questions and Memories
No Answers, Only more Questions.
The Merchant King's Party
The Truth behind the Past
The Forgotten Friendship
Confession
"I Love You" (LEMON)
This means your Mine
Disobeying Orders
Following the path to Danger
Captured
Friends are Close, but Enemies are Closer
Re-opening Old Wounds
It was worth fighting for in the end. . .
Final Fight
Normal Life
Just taking out the trash
Kidnapped
Make your choice

Feelings

3.2K 92 21
By SniperHuntrezz

-Altair's P.O.V-

He gripped the reins hard as his horse jumped a fallen log heading up to Masyaf. He reached the stables, dismounting he let his body drop to the ground. He was so confused and shocked. He had just lost his friend who he's known since he was a novice, and Kadar. He felt even more angry that he was bested by a mere templar. He wanted to scream and shout in anger. He panted gently from the long heated ride, getting to his feet he passed through the gates. Raju was there to greet him.

"Altair you've returned!" He greeted.

Altair nodded trying to act formal.

"Raju."

"It is good to see you unharmed. I trust the recovery was a success?" He glanced behind Altair wondering where the others were, Altair broke his observation.

"Is the Master in his tower?" He asked.

"Yes yes, buried in his books as always. No doubt he expects you and..." He stopped as he remembered the others weren't present.

Altair closed his eyes on the horrible feeling that flowed through his veins.

"My thanks Brother"

"Safety and Peace Altair."

"On you as well."

Altair walked away, his hood covering the pained expression that covered his entire face. He broke into a run, racing up the mountain passing the villagers and assassin guards. He stopped as he reached the fortress gates, he tensed as he was approached by Abbas.

"Ah, he returns at last."

"Abbas." Altair said his name as if it were poison.

"Where are the others? Did you ride ahead hoping to be the first one back? I know you are loathed to share the glory."

Altair clenched his fists.

"Silence is just another form of a sin." Abbas chuckled.

"Have you nothing better to do?" Altair growled.

"I bring word from the Master, he waits for you. Best hurry, no doubt your eager to put your tongue to his boot." Abbas joked.

"Another word and I'll put my blade to you throat!" Altair threatened.

"There'll be plenty of time for that later.. BROTHER." Abbas spat the last word.

Altair walked on past, frowning deeply from the encounter. He kept his head down avoiding all contact with anyone,.. everyone. He reached the Masters study, gathering his thoughts and putting on a formal act and a deep breath he entered.

"Altair." The master greeted.

"Master."

He bowed with his arm across his chest.

"Come forward, tell me of your mission."

Al Mualim soon noticed that you, Malik and Kadar were not present and was immediately concerned.

"I trust.. you have recovered the Temples treasure?" Al Mualim asked.

"There was some trouble Master. Robert De'Sable was not alone." Altair mumbled.

The Master had to lean forward to hear him.

"When does our work ever go as planned. It's our ability to adapt that

makes us who we are."

"This time..it was not enough." Altair hanged his head.

"What do you mean?" The master now concerned.

"I have failed you."

It hurt Altair to say those words. It hurt even more that he was to still tell the Master that Malik and Kadar...and you were dead.

"The treasure?"

"Lost to us."

"And Robert?"

The Master asked as he circled his desk to stand before Altair.

"Escaped."

The Master frowned deeply.

"I send you, my best man. To complete a mission more important than any that has come before. And you return to me with nothing but apologies and excuses."

Altair hanged his head.

"I did-"

"Do not SPEAK! NOT ANOTHER WORD!" The master snapped.

He moved away clenching his fists.

"This is not what I had expected. We'll need to mount another force."

"I swear to you I'll find him, I'll go and-"

"No! You do Nothing! You've done enough." The Master sighed.

His attention soon turned to the absent assassins.

"Where are Malik, Kadar and (y/fn)?"

Altair dreaded the question. He looked up.

"Dead."

"NO, not dead."

A voice came from behind the pair. The white figure stepped forward, only to be drenched in blood.

"Malik" The master gasped at the sight.

"I still live at least!" He raised his voice.

"And your brother? (y/fn)?" Malik shook his head.

"Gone. Because of YOU!" Malik pointed at Altair.

"Robert threw me from the roof, there was no way back, nothing I could do." Altair argued.

"Because you did not heed my warning! All of this could have been avoided! And my brother..MY BROTHER WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!"

Malik hung his head, the pain and rage covering his face. He clutched his left arm as it was badly wounded.

"You're arrogance nearly cost us victory today." Malik glared at Altair.

"Nearly?" The master said in disbelief.

Malik nodded. An assassin stepped forward carrying the object that was what the assassins saw at the temple above the door. Altair's pride was wounded greatly at the sight, he failed where others succeed.

"Though it seems I've returned with more than just their treasure."

Suddenly another assassin ran into their presence.

"Master! We are under attack! Robert De'Sable lays siege to Masyaf's village." The assassin shouted.

"So he seeks a battle, very well. I'll not deny him, Go inform the others. The fortress must be prepared."

The assassin bowed, turned and ran to carry out his instructions.

"As for you Altair, our discussion will have to wait. You must make for the village, destroy these invaders. Drive them from our home." The master commanded.

"It will be done."

Altair left. He ran downstairs out into the courtyard. Villagers were rushing in through the castle gates fleeing the danger. He dodged past them then was stopped by Raju.

"Altair! It's good you've come. We need your help." Raju pleaded.

"What's happened?"

"Templars. They attacked the village, most of our people were able to get away. Most but not all." Raju hanged his head as he spoke his words.

"What do you need me to do?"

"Distract the Templars, keep them occupied while I rescue those still trapped inside." Raju explained.

"As you wish."

Altair continued his run down the hill, villagers still fleeing and screaming as he passed. He soon saw Templars at the foot of the hill, he drew his sword as he charged at them. A Templar had a civilian on her knees as he had his blade to her throat. Altair plunged his sword into the Templar's back as he yelled out on pain. Altair grabbed the civilians arm out of harms way.

"Run, get to the fortress!" He demanded.

She along with other hostages ran past him towards the castle as he descended down the village fighting off the Templars within. He reached the gates when word reached that the master wanted all the assassins to retreat. The did so sprinting up the hill with the last of the remaining villagers. The castle gate closed down behind them as they spread out into the courtyard where half of the village were. Altair panted slightly as he moved through the crowd towards the tower. Raju was sighted at the top.

"Altair come. Al Mualim's not done with us yet." Raju called.

"Where are we going?" Altair asked as he moved towards the ladders.

"Up there, we have a surprise plan for our guests. Just do as I do." Raju pointed to the next level of the tower.

Altair climbed the first set of ladders up to the ledge, there he looked on and saw Al Mualim stationed at the front looking over the castle gate. He ignored and climbed up the second set of ladders up to the top where Raju and another assassin were awaiting. They moved onto the platforms that were built into the edge of the tower. Altair moved onto the 3rd one. He looked down to see the hay stacks at the bottom. They were on a cliff, a very high drop to the river below. If any assassin ever miss timed his jump, or jumped too far. He would have plenty of time to scream and yell before falling to his death below. His attention turned to the gathered Templars in front of the fortress gate, Robert was on his horse at the front.

"Heretic! Return what you have stolen from me!" Robert shouted up to Al Mualim.

"You've no claim to it Robert! Take yourself from here before I am forced to thin your ranks further." Al Mualim threatened.

"You play a dangerous game!"

"I assure you, this is no game!"

"So be it!"

While Robert and Al Mualim were arguing. Altair was making his way across the beams towards a watch tower right next to the Templar ranks. Raju had to stay behind with the other assassin as he had broken his leg from the leap of faith when they jumped into the haystacks. Altair scaled the tower and reached the top, he heard Robert shout "So be it."

He approached the beam with his sword that was holding a load of cut down tree trunks. They would flatten anything in their way. Altair raised his sword when Robert spoke.

"Bring forth the hostage!"

Altair held his sword up in mid air. A Templar went forth with an assassin hostage. Forcing the assassin to his knees, the Templar pulled back his hood, Altair's eyes widened. It was you. You hands were tied behind you back, the Templar drew his sword and plunged it into your torso.

"No!"

You breathed then fell forward. Robert with the other Templars turned to see Altair, with his sword Altair swung at the beam sending it flying as the tree trunks were let loose. The Templars cries and panic was heard as they tried to get away but weren't fast enough. Luckily for Robert he managed to escape on his horse. Altair jumped down and running over to you. Dropping to his knees he turned you over, your blood covered his hands. The gates opened as assassins rushed out and killed any remaining Templar's. Altair quickly picked you up and rushed into the fortress, he headed straight for the doctor. Kicking the door in he placed you on a table as an assassin doctor followed.

"Help her!"

The doctor quickly removed you gear and cut your clothing to get to your wound and inspected it. The blade luckily didn't hit any vital organs but you were losing a lot of blood, and fast. He quickly got cloths and bandages.

"Hold this against her wound."

The doctor gave Altair a cloth as he pressed hard down on your wound. You groaned and tensed. The doctor soon had bandages around your torso covering your wound, but not entirely.

"Altair, I'm going to need you to hold her down as hard as you can."

"What for?" He asked.

The doctor went over to the nearby fireplace and turned with a hot rod in his hand.

"I need to burn her wound with these to prevent infection and heal it, burns are the quickest healers."

Altair's eyes widened at the red hot rod. He held you down by your arms, the doctors assistant gave you a quick drink then held down your legs. You swallowed tasting the whiskey, you frowned and slightly opened your eyes and saw the doctor approaching you with the rod. You tried getting out of the men's grip but it was useless. The doctor steadied his aim and plunged the blazing rod into your wound. You screamed so loud the whole of Masyaf could have heard you. You thrashed around hard as the rod burned into you, Altair had a hard time keeping you pinned down. The doctor removed the rod returning it back to the fireplace and covering you wound with damp bandages. You growled and groaned as the pain still flowed through you. Altair could feel you muscles clenched so hard under his firm grip. You soon calmed and breathed heavily, the doctor ordered Altair to carry you to one of the recovery rooms. He did so carefully as he carried you to the room, you had now fallen asleep. He laid you down on the bed and sat down on the nearby chair.

He sighed heavily, he couldn't get over the fact that you were alive. He put his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands, he rubbed his eyes then up threw his hair. He let his hood fall back onto the back of his neck. Rarely did he ever take his hood down but right now he didn't care. Relief yet pain flowed through him, he was so relieved that you were alive yet pained that he just about had to watch you die...again. He was angry, truth be told that you were alive and Kadar wasn't. He sat for a while looking at your still body, watching you slowly breath. His mind was blank, he didn't think at all since he was so confused. His thoughts and feeling were in a whirl, he knew deep down that there was something about you that you yourself were unaware of. Something he remembered, memories that haunted his dreams. He had never acknowledged it until he met you, he shook his head. He was so confused he had never been so before. The doctor soon walked in.

"Altair, the Master requests your presence."

"I'm not leaving her."

The doctor was confused on why he said that.

"Altair I'll look after her while your gone but the Master is eager and you know what he's like."

The doctor laughed nervously, Altair raised and walked over to him.

"Anything happens or need anything. Come to me. I'll be back."

Altair left pulling his hood over head face again.

'I needed answers.'

The doctor was approached by his assistant.

"Do you think he's..."

"Hush. If he is it's none of our concern."

The doctor turned.

"But Altair?"

"Things can change, especially Thee Altair."

The doctor smiled as he returned to his clinic.

How wrong they were...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.7K 32
#1 in Altair **Previously known as...Coldhearted Assassin Love** Assassin's Creed Fanfiction Kalila, a young Arabian noblewoman. She knows how to def...
7.1K 222 8
you are the daughter of a fearless templar leader, in the renaissance. of course, you think this is just another love story where you become an assas...
192K 6.5K 68
(note: Story cover has been updated May 2023 :) New chapter covers will be added slowly too) Catherine Wolfe didn't know why she was chosen, or if sh...
2.2K 11 30
UNDER EDITING. Alba, who is the niece of the Roma thieves guild leader La Volpe, has stayed with her uncle since she was a child. Her hate for the...