Secret Headquarters: Charlie...

By MrsYNValdez

"𝕀 π•žπ•šπ•€π•€π•–π•• π•ͺ𝕠𝕦. 𝔸 𝕝𝕠π•₯." "𝕀 π•žπ•šπ•€π•€π•–π•• π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 π•₯𝕠𝕠, β„‚π•™π•’π•£π•π•šπ•–. 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕖 π•₯π•™π•’π•Ÿ 𝕀 𝕔𝕒... More

...
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~

~10~

768 12 17
By MrsYNValdez

(Guess who's back- back again)

"The Guard's on a mission in Japan, so it looks like we just missed him then."

Spoke Irons as he scrutinised every detail of a glowing blue map within The Guard's base.

He kept his eyes on the projected screens in awe.

"Let's get this object and get the heck out of here."
He said, finally taking his eyes off of the screen, looking around and putting his gun back inside his jacket.

Virginia reached forward, having just spotted something that Irons was too entranced to see.

She picked up the mug that Charlie had left on the deck, taking note of the contents inside.

"Um, looks like we got company."
She said, looking between the steaming mug and Irons.

He briefly took in the mug before looking back at the screen.

"Well, whoever it is, it's not him. They might be after the same thing we are though, so let's make sure they don't beat us to it."

✩☆🪐☆✩
~Charlie POV~

"What are we gonna do?"
Y/N whispered as Berger took a panicked breath from his inhaler.

Berger looked at Y/N and hastily whispered

"I Have an idea- we hide until Charlie's dad gets back and saves us.-"

He then turned to me
"How long is he gone for again?"

"He said he could be a couple of days."
I replied, uncomfortably, beginning to panic.

"A couple as in two or a couple as in ten?"
Replied Berger, visibly becoming more frantic.

"A couple-"
I begin to reply but Berger talks over me.
"Because the human body can survive three days without water-"

"A Couple literally means two!"
I said, kinda starting to get annoyed.

"Guys, come on. Lizzie's up there and we gotta help her."
Cut in Y/N, still managing to be the only level-headed person in the situation.

"How? The only way out is the elevator."

Suddenly, I had an idea.
"The garage. That's where the camper van came out of there must be an exit right?"

Berger and I stopped for a minute- why, you may ask, did we do that? Well, I don't fucking know but let's get back to the story at hand.-
before I gestured in the direction of the campervan
"Let's go!"

✩☆🪐☆✩
~3rd Person POV~

Irons and Virginia remained standing in front of the projection of the source.

"Whoever's down here, we're gonna smoke 'em out."

He looked towards Virginia, then Jersey.
"You and Wisconsin sweep the perimeter.
Jersey, you and Hawaii set the signal jammer upstairs, make sure no one's hiding out up there and no one takes as much as a piss without talking to me first, you got that?"
Said Irons, deadly quiet.

Just as he finished his sentence, Hawaii came out of the bathroom, zipping up his trousers.

Irons stared blankly at Hawaii for a moment, adjusting his jaw.

"Starting now."

Hawaii, completely obvious to his boss's anger, walked towards the small group, beginning to talk animatedly.

"He's got one of those little fancy Japanese toilet motion-sensor things that spray the-"
He made hand motions as he described the experience.

Irons, exasperated, said
"Yeah. Get upstairs."

Hawaii nodded, looked away and muttered
"Copy that."

"Let's go!"
Exclaimed Irons as they all began to move out.

There was a chorus of
"Move, let's go."
"You heard him. Let's move."
In reply, as Irons faced the projections yet again.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~Charlie POV~

Please don't be dead, Lizzie. Please don't be dead, Lizzie. Please don't be dead, Lizzie.- Also please let this be an exit- but- you know- please don't be dead.

I thought as we ran.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~3rd Person POV~

"Just text me when you're here, and I'll come outside."

Spoke Lizzie, into her cat headphones, surveying herself in the mirror.

✩☆🪐☆✩

Irons saw a projection on the screen reading:

'Garage exit'

He purposefully reached forward, pushing his hand into the projection and twisting the bar that appeared.

'Lockdown initiated...'
Sally spoke.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~Charlie POV~

"Hurry up!"
Y/N said, panicked as we all ran as fast as we could towards the van, in hopes of escaping our imminent demise.

Wow, very optimistic of you, Charlie.

'Live in three...'

"We can make it!"
She continued.

We were gaining on the door...

'...two...one. (one)'

When it slammed in our faces.

"Ow!"
Yelled Berger.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~3rd Person POV~

"Did you hear that?"
Wisconsin asked Virginia as they shone their flashlights around.

"Yeah."
She replied.

They both began to step forward.

"On me."

✩☆🪐☆✩
~Charlie POV~

We all stood facing away from the door, not sure what to do. I once again looked to Y/N, because I, the seaweed brain, don't know what to do and Berger sure as hell doesn't.

"Go back!"
She exclaimed looking at Berger and me.
We all started running back in the direction we came.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~3rd Person POV~

Hawaii took a sip out of a red solo cup, holding a plate in his other hand, going to sit in the living room.

"Argon, we found the place."
Said Jersey, roaming the house, peering at himself in a mirror as he spoke.

"All right. What?"
Replied Argon.

"But we got a problem."
Says Jersey, stepping closer to the mirror and inspecting himself further.

"Yeah, what is it?"

Jersey once again avoided the question, replying
"You're gonna wanna get over here, ASAP."

"I'm on my way."

✩☆🪐☆✩

Lizzie walked through the house, making her way to the entrance.

She turned a corner and looked up, locking eyes with Jersey.

They stare at each other for a second before Lizzie gasps, turning and running back the way she came. Argon follows closely behind, taking out his gun.

✩☆🪐☆✩

Hawaii, yet again completely obvious, sets up the signal blocker on the table, happily eating a slice of pizza.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~Charlie POV~

We ran all the way back through the super-cave until we reached a mist-covered portion.

Y/N and Berger continued running, but I stopped to take a look around.

I turned slowly, seeing something glowing on a podium. Whatever it was, it called out to me.

I slowly stepped up, until I was face to face with the glowing rock-like object.

I reached up and grabbed it.

Suddenly all of the lights changed from a glowing yellow to a bright blue. I looked around

I get the feeling, I may have fucked up.

I slowly brought the glowing object closer to me.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~3rd Person POV~

'Power source removed'

Irons looked up as the voice spoke seeing a glowing red visual on the screen, reading 'source removed'

✩☆🪐☆✩

Jersey continued to search for Lizzie around the house, brandishing his gun. He went from room to room, checking everywhere- except behind the doors.

"Where are you hiding?"
He called out, almost mockingly.
Lizzie let out a scared squeak, once she realised he was gone.

The door swung closed, revealing Lizzie hanging from the other side, a scared expression on her face.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~Charlie POV~

I stepped back from the podium, still staring at the glowing orb in my hands.

'Generating predictions'

A bunch of images flashed before my eyes, each more terrifying than the next- explosions, war, fighter planes, famine, extinction. The World was falling to pieces and there was nothing I could do about it...

"Ch... Char... Lie...CHARLIE!"
I was pulled from my horror daze by Berger yelling in my face and shaking me.
"Huh?"

I looked around regaining my bearings.
Then we all heard the sound of footsteps overhead.
We all looked up.
"C'mon!" said Y/N.
We all turned and ran as Berger tugged me along.

"Whoever's in here, I know you can hear me."

Great. Another ominous, faceless voice I need to worry about.

We all slowly come to a halt to listen to what the voice has to say.

"We have this place locked down, so there is no escape."

Trapped in a hellhole with an ominous, faceless voice. Where have I heard that before?

"We've come to retrieve an object and we followed the energy trail to this exact spot, so we know it's in here."

Y/N suddenly turned to me
"The van."
She said softly, in realisation.

"We came for the object, not you, so you have a choice. You can just- give it to us and no harm will come to you. Or you can get in our way and you will be sorry."

"Oh No."
Said Berger, sounding tense.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~3rd Person POV~

A black car pulled up and a red trainer-clad foot stepped out, squashing a bee.

It was Argon.

He stepped out onto the gravel outside of the Kincaid house, surveying the area.

✩☆🪐☆✩

Argon walked through the living room.
"Where are these intruders?"
He asked Hawaii.

"They're downstairs and there's someone up here. A girl."
Replied Hawaii, still eating pizza.

"What if she called the cops?"
Questioned Argon, looking in an accusatory manner towards Hawaii.

"Not possible. I set up blockers around the house."
Said Hawaii, feet up on the table.

"Did you block every frequency?"
Argon pressed, his voice rising.

"Does Spongebob live in a pineapple?"
Retorted Hawaii, exasperatedly.

Argon and Jersey looked at one another, unsure.

"Looks like we might have to get our hands dirty tonight."
Said Jersey, grabbing a fresh carton of ammo to load his gun.

"Hey,"
Hawaii said, standing up now.
"Killing kids is not a part of my contract."
He began walking in Argon and Jersey's direction.

"Hey, hey, hey. Woah, woah, Who said anything about killing kids?"

✩☆🪐☆✩

Lizzie now stood at the top of the staircase, behind a pillar, listening to the exchange.

✩☆🪐☆✩

"All right, we're gonna find her and we're gonna scare her, right?"

Said Argon, looking primarily at Jersey, who, so far, had been a little too trigger-happy.

"Uh-huh."
Jersey replied lightly, as he and Argon turned back to Hawaii.

"Good. 'Cause I don't kill kids."
He said, firmly.

"No, totally, totally, totally."
Replied Argon, shaking his head.

He then looked off to the side.
"But, ah, what about adults? Adults are fine, right?"

"Adults are fine."
Replied Hawaii, with a smile and a finger gun.

"I kill adults all the time."
He grinned, spreading his arms.

"Yeah, exactly."
Said Argon as Jersey smiled along and then shot Hawaii.

✩☆🪐☆✩

Lizzie turned away as the gun fired, even more scared now.

✩☆🪐☆✩

"One less adult."
Said Argon, emotionless.

✩☆🪐☆✩

Lizzie grimaced, contemplating her next move. She cautiously began to step forward quietly, away from the railing. She was doing brilliantly until she stood on a creaky floorboard. Her eyes widened.

✩☆🪐☆✩

At the sound of the floorboard, Jersey leapt from his seat as he and Argon headed towards the noise.

They spotted Lizzie, Jersey raised his gun and yelled "Freeze!"Lizzie turned, raising her arms and gasping. She had been caught.

"Who are you?"
Asked Argon.

Lizzie took in a shaky breath.
"I'm Lizzie McGonagale. -Elizabeth.- And I'm Fourteen years old. And- I look really mature, but I'm just starting to feel comfortable in my own skin.- and I'm too pretty to die, okay?"
She began crying now.
"I'm way too pretty to die and I don't know why you guys wanna kill me.- because I'm so pretty and I have so much more life left to live right now.-You guys don't have as much life to live as I do, and I really just don't want you guys to kill me.-Please don't kill me-"

"Shhh. Please."

The doorbell rang.

(A/N: SURPRISE BITCH! Turns out, I wasn't as busy as expected! I'm sorry for having been gone so long, and that I kept saying I was back- I know it looks bad, but life really just got in the way. First, I went back to school, then I got sick - which, for me, takes fucking forever to recover from. Then, when I was okay again, the thing that I've been watching the movie on broke and my brother didn't fix it for a solid few months. Then school work got harder, then my family started visiting more frequently- then I just- plain old lost interest. Then, when I wanted to come back, that whole cycle repeated. I'm making a concerted effort to finish this story- I am still happy about writing it, I'm just incredibly drained 😅 I hope you guys all understand.

-Y/N)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 5.1K 96
My Parent have been dead for a while now, but when the lawyers had finally gotten round to the discussion of where I'd live, they just handed me an e...
1.8K 1K 65
Ranked #1 on Wattpad for "Mindbending" and "Thought-provoking" Categories " Ιͺ Κœα΄€α΄ α΄‡ α΄„Κœα΄κœ±α΄‡Ι΄ ʏᴏᴜ Κ™α΄‡α΄„α΄€α΄œκœ±α΄‡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ α΄€ ꜱΙͺΙ΄Ι’α΄œΚŸα΄€Κ€Ιͺᴛʏ. α΄€ ɒʟΙͺα΄›α΄„Κœ ΙͺΙ΄ ᴍʏ κœ±Κκœ±α΄›α΄‡α΄. α΄€...
574 30 28
I have restarted this book. I wanted to make it easier to read and more enjoyable. I hope to make shorter chapters and update frequently. :) In the b...
530K 15.1K 47
//~Part 1 of the Shattered Secret Dyad~\\ ((TW: Pregnancy..... started this at the age of 14 back in 2015 so please bear with me)) ---------- "It's t...