Love and Legality

Par scrapinbug05

Jennie meets Jason one night out at the bar with her friends. They very quickly hit it off and feelings start... Plus

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Twenty

Nineteen

0 0 0
Par scrapinbug05

It felt so hot when I woke up. An uncomfortable amount of hot. When I went to move away from the heat I couldn't. Peaking out of my eyes I was met by dark hair. Opening my eyes wider and looking down. Jason was wrapped around me. Legs threaded through mine and his head rested on my chest. His arm was slung over me as well. What in the actual hell? I untangled my legs from his and then lifted his arm. Slowly sliding out from underneath him. He sighed as his head started to slip off me.

"Good grief you sleep hard." I whispered as I gently moved his head onto the pillow next to me. Finally free of him. I took my things into the bathroom and started the shower. Locking the door before I got in. Hurrying through the shower and just braiding my hair back. I packed up all my things before I headed back out. The bed was empty when I came out and Dottie was gone too. Laying the nightgown over the chair in front of the vanity. I went to make the bed and Jason came back in with his bag.

"I'm going to shower really quick. Dottie's outside with Evan." He said as I tucked in the sheets.

"Ok." I had just pulled the comforter over when he turned back to look at me.

"By the way." He started and I looked back at him. "I don't sleep that hard." My mouth dropped and he chuckled as he shut the door.

"If I find out I can pull that bed out downstairs. You're getting your ass kicked." I called out to him. His laughter continued as I grabbed my bag and headed out of the room. Once I was downstairs and I put my bag by the door. I went directly to the pull out to test it. With one light pull it popped out. "That son of a bitch."

"I take it him sleeping in your room last night wasn't welcomed." I turned to look at Evan.

"Not in the slightest. He said he couldn't get the damn bed to pull out." I growled. "I'm going to kill him." Evan chuckled as he stopped me before going back upstairs.

"Before you kill him. Don't you think a little torture of your own might be better. Pay him back." He said with a grin and I laughed. "It's only fair."

"Good thinking Evan." I said before heading into the kitchen.

"I made breakfast burritos for you two to take with you." Evan said from behind me.

"Thank you, you didn't have to do that." I said as I picked up the burrito from the counter. He had wrapped it up in foil for us.

"You two cleaned up after last night. So it was only fair I took care of breakfast." He as he put down the left over eggs from the burritos for Dottie. She scarfed them up in a hurry.

"I'm going to go put my bag in the car." I said and Evan nodded. I opened my burrito on the way out after getting my bag. Damn he makes a good burrito. Unlocking my the car and setting my bag inside. It was a gorgeous morning and the sun was just shining through the trees. I shut my door. Taking a bite of my burrito as I looked over the mountains. I wouldn't mind living here. It's absolutely stunning.

"Hello." I looked quickly to where the voice came from. A guy that was covered in sweat. Probably from running was at the end of the driveway.

"Hello." I said before pushing off my jeep.

"I've noticed your car at Evan's a lot lately. Are you family?" He asked walking towards me. His blonde hair was pushed back out of his face. Probably from running a hand through it. His beard was lush and thick. The baby blue eyes were heart stopping.

"Ummm no, I'm just a friend of Evan's." I slightly stuttered.

"I didn't realize Evan had such beautiful friends." He said with a smile and I chuckled.

"Oh your a flatterer." I said with a smile. "How do you know Evan?" His smiled grew as he spoke.

"I'm his neighbor." He pointed down the lane. "My cabin is the 4th one down with the green shutters."

"Oh I saw that the other day when I was out with Evan. It's a beautiful house." I said before he put his hand on my jeep. Leaning into it and smiling at me. Nothing like disarming a woman with a smile.

"So where you from?" He asked looking me up and down.

"A few towns over." I told him with a smile.

"Ooo secretive." He said with a chuckle.

"I don't know you. I'm not going to willing give you where I live." I laughed a little.

"I'm not some murderer out to get you." He said leaning further into my car and inching a bit closer to me.

"That's exactly what a murderer would say." I said and he laughed.

"Are you leaving already?" He asked as he looked through my window.

"Yes, I have to get back for work later tonight." I nodded and took a step back.

"What do you do?" He asked noting my movement.

"I'm an ER nurse." His brow lifted.

"Really, that's a rough job." I shrugged and then stupidly spoke my next words.

"Some of us like it rough." As they left my mouth I wished I could have taken them back. I didn't want it to sound sexual. He chuckled and gave me another heartbreaking smile.

"Noted." I drug my hand over my face.

"I so did not mean that the way it came out. Oh my hell, I'm so embarrassed." Shaking my head at myself.

"It's alright. I knew what you were going for." He laughed again and looked behind me. "Hey Evan."

"Chace what are you doing around here? Flirting with my adopted grand daughter?" Chace's face turned red at Evan's words. I turned and saw Jason angrily walking out to the car.

"Just introducing myself." Chace said and Dottie came running over to me. She barked at Chace which she never does. That's weird.

"Dottie stop." I said and stepped forward to move him back. He took a few steps backward as I opened the door for her. Jumping in and barking again. "Dottie enough." I shut the door.

"I don't know what's got into her." I said before Jason rounded the car.

"I do." Saying it low enough Chace didn't say anything. "Jason." He said putting his hand out to shake. Chace looked between me and Jason then shook his hand.

"Chace. Nice to meet you." He then backed up a bit and looked back to Evan. "It was good to see you Evan. Let me know if you need anything." He said with a wave. "Great to meet you. Wait sorry I didn't get your name?" Taking a step back towards me. I could feel Jason tense up next to me.

"It's Jennie." Shaking his hand and he gave me a wink.

"See you later. You too man." He gave a Jason a salute and then jogged off.

"Your little boyfriend is a slime ball." Jason muttered as he turned back around.

"He's not my boyfriend. We were just talking." I defended which I don't have to do.

"You may have been talking. He was flirting." He said before heading up the stairs.

"What's wrong with that?" He stopped looking back at me. His eyes were on fire.

"Because it's Chace Myers. Steer clear of him." Evan jumped in. I rolled my eyes at the both of him.

"Finally someone talking some sense." Jason said before hugging Evan. "It was great to meet you. I've got your number and you have mine. Call me anytime." Jason said with a smile.

"Absolutely. Don't forget your burrito on the table." Evan pointed back at the house. I stepped up the stairs and gave Evan a hug of my own. "I'll let you know when we get home. It was quite the weekend." I said with a laugh.

"I'm serious when I said steer clear of him. He's bad news and is rotten to women." He said seriously and I nodded.

"I wasn't planning anything. Men that unnerve me don't get chances." I said with a smile and he chuckled.

"Well you may have just started a war between those two men. Good luck." I shook my head. "I'm not worried though. Jason could snap that kid in a heart beat."

"It won't come to that." He raised his eyebrow at me. "I'm serious, I literally just met the guy. Do you honestly think anything would happen with that damn heathen around." Pointing towards the house as Jason walked out. Evan chuckled and shook his head.

"No I don't." Jason looked between the two of us.

"Exactly, I'll be fine." Giving him a kiss on the cheek before heading down the stairs.

"You two have a safe trip." Evan called as we got to the car. We both waved before getting in and putting on our seatbelts. As I pulled out I looked in the rearview mirror and saw Chace down the road a bit. Watching us.

"That's creepy." I said and Jason looked to see what I was looking at.

"What the hell is he doing?" Jason questioned and I shook my head.

"I don't know but, he's got some major creep vibes." I said before pulling away.

"You were the one being nice to him." Jason countered and I glared over at him.

"He snuck up on me when I was putting my bag in the car. I didn't go searching for him." Jason's brows scrunched together.

"He snuck up on you? You need to be careful whenever you come out here anymore. Make sure Evan comes out when you get here and watches as you leave." He sat back in the seat. "I don't trust that guy."

"I'll talk to Evan about it." I said as we pulled out onto the highway.

"Do you have a concealed permit?" He asked and I shook my head. "You should look into getting one." This was starting to scare me now.

"Ok you're freaking me out. Stop. It won't come to that." He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you know how many stalking cases I've fought in court. This is exactly how it all starts." He shakes his head. "Women get hurt by men like that because they think they're harmless. All it takes is a cute smile and a few bullshit words."

"I did find it weird he asked me where I was from. I feel like that's something you ask after you've talked for more than two seconds." I said and looked over at Jason. His mouth was hanging open.

"You didn't say where you lived did you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Of course not. I'm not an idiot. I said a few towns over. He then said I was being secretive and that he wasn't a murderer or anything. I told him that's exactly what a murderer would say. He noticed my bag in the back too."

"Jennie, why the hell didn't you call Evan or I outside. He could have taken you and we wouldn't have noticed." He was right. I shouldn't have kept talking to him. I'm like one of those girls on the True Crime I watch.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think of that." I said now panicked. "You don't think he'd hurt Evan do you?" I asked hurriedly.

"I don't know, I think it would be a good idea to talk to him tonight about it though. I'll call him while you're at work." I nodded as I watched the road. He grabbed the top of my thigh and squeezed it. "It's going to be ok Jennie. I'll take care of it."

"I should have known something was wrong when Dottie barked at him. She doesn't ever bark at people." I said as everything started to click. He nodded as he watched me.

"Pull over. I don't think you should drive like this." I did as he said and we switched seats. The entire ride home all I worried about was Evan and the possibility of him being hurt. He was old and something bad could happen to him easily. The moment we pulled into the drive way. I noticed my dads car.

"What's my dad doing hear?" I questioned and Jason looked over at me.

"I texted him earlier and told him you'd need to take Dottie. You looked preoccupied and I knew you'd need to get ready for work." I watched him give me a smile.

"Thank you." I said before speaking again. "You have my dads phone number?" I questioned and he smiled bigger.

"Possibly." He said carefully as we pulled into the garage.

"Unbelievable." I said to myself. Getting out of the car and letting Dottie out. She ran to my dad and he opened up the car to let her in.

"Hey sweetheart. What's going on?" Dad asked looking in between Jason and I. Jason started to tell him about Chace and what had happened. I think we may be taking this a little to far. Maybe he's just nosy and curious about his neighbors.

"Well I don't really like the thought of you going up there alone anymore." My dad started.

"Well I can't just stop seeing Evan." I argued.

"I told her she should get a concealed permit." Jason countered and my dad nodded.

"I think that's a good idea." I shook my head at the both of them.

"I think this is being blown out of proportion. Nothing has happened. We just need to calm down." I said now upset. "I'm going to get ready for work. I'll see you later dad." Heading inside through the garage and shutting the door. I peaked out the window. The two of them still talking. When did my dad get so chummy with Jason?

As soon as I was done showering and getting ready. I called Evan to check in with him. Jason had already spoke to him and has now got him riled up. He told me to maybe take a break from visiting him and I said that was out of the question. Seriously they need to calm the hell down. I'm going to smack the crap out of Jason for stirring this giant pot of crap.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

168K 6.5K 43
Katie feels abandoned and alone after her father left her and her mother for his new family. So when she finds herself part of the popular group at s...
564K 8K 6
Leah was having a time adjusting to her new life after her mother remarried. Her step brother hated her, she had trouble making new friends and she...
1.6K 34 6
Meet Jennie Kim, a 26-year-old who's left close to bankruptcy after a divorce from her cheating, childhood sweetheart, Kai. Following the implosion...
1K 41 29
She's just your ordinary girl. She has silk brown waves. Big chocolate brown eyes. She's really no one special. An average girl. With beyond extraord...