Twenty

It's been a few weeks since the whole Chace incident and nothing has happened. Like I said it would. Some how Jason weaseled his way into one of my brothers end of summer BBQ's. My brother and him are way closer than I would like. We're not even dating still and their the best of friends now. It makes me want to smack the both of them.

I even got roped into riding with him to Evan's to go horseback riding with them. Jason was going to load up the horse's tomorrow and we'd go Saturday morning. Leave after we got back since I had work in the morning Sunday.

"Did we get the release papers set for room 3?" Dr. Stole asked as he leaned over the nurses desk to grab another file.

"I just had them sign it. They were getting dressed when I left." Going back to my paper work.

"Do we know why there's a guy just standing at the end of the hallway?" Dr. Stole asked and all of us leaned over the counter. Looking down the hallway. I saw a familiar blonde talking on the phone. Oh my hell its Chace. "I'm going to ask him what he's doing here?" Dr. Stole said before heading down the hall.

"He's cute." Suzie said and I shook my head. "Do you know him?"

"I'll tell you in a minute." She nodded and I got my phone out. Texting Jason and telling him Chace was at the hospital and apologizing for waking him up. I put it to the side of my computer as I waited for Dr. Stole to come back. It dinged almost immediately.

'You're not alone are you? I'm awake.'

'No, Dr. Stole is asking what he's doing here?' I sent back as I saw just the man I was talking about reappear. Chace was following after him.

"It's just that way sir. Sorry we should have shown you the way out when you were released." Dr. Stole said.

"Jennie?" Chace said as he met my eyes.

"Oh Chace, what are you doing here?" I asked and heard my phone go off.

"I was having stomach pains really bad. Pretty sure it was food poisoning. I'm here for work. So hotel food ya know." He said with a laugh. I laughed a little. Not really believing the story. "Small world though. At least I know where to find you if I need too." I watched as Dr. Stole's eyebrows scrunched together at his words.

"Ha ya. Well hopefully you get feeling better." I said and my phone dinged again.

"I'm sure I will. How are things here tonight?" He asked and I was hoping for a call to go out. So he'd have to leave.

"Oh they're alright." I said and I could tell that Dr. Stole noticed I was uncomfortable.

"Well I'm sorry to make you go. But we can't have none patients on the floor. If you need anymore help please don't hesitate to come back." Dr. Stole directed him to the door as my phone went off again. I grabbed it quickly and looked at what Jason had said.

'Has he left yet? What did he say?'

'Are you ok?'

'Jennie I'm a bit nervous you haven't answered me yet.' Another text came through as I was reading.

'I'm coming right now if I don't get an answer back.' I quickly responded back.

'Sorry, don't come. Dr. Stole made him leave.' I sent back before Suzie leaned over to me.

"That was weird. What's the deal with him?" She asked and my phone went off again.

'What do you mean made him leave? What's going on Jennie?' I sighed now he's going to be freaking out.

'I'll call you in a little bit on my break.' I sent back and Dr. Stole came back to the desk.

"Jennie who is that to you?" He questioned.