Sharing Life | ✓

By Kira0147

Contrary to the original idea, Sharing life is about Ram and Priya in a different light where they do not mar... More

1. It's No
2. Past & Truths
3. Acceptance?
4. Thy English!
5. Two-way
6. Photograph
7. Revive
8. Protector
9. Maa
10. Sweet Poison
11. Walking through darkness
12. Sori
13. 5-6 days a week
14. Just talk
15. Aye zindagi gale lagale
16. His World
18. Yeh Mann Atak Gaya Hain
19. Dear Comrade
20. Happy Birthday Ram!
21. Always. Forever
22. The Third Wheel
23. La Vie En Rose
24. Someone special
25. Ghee Upma
26. One step closer
27. That her
28. Dil Hain Ke Manta Nahi
29. Aahista Aahista
30. Hints & Moves
31. Bade Achhe Lagte Hain
32. Alliance
33. Cursed
34. That him
35. Sharing Life
Author's Note
Jokes aur Taane
Drabble
Sharing Life × A Thousand Years

17. Mere Rang Mein Rangne Wali

1.1K 82 52
By Kira0147

Things were getting complicated for Priya. The shield of being 'friends who laughed and discussed about the world & family problems' was failing.

She was baffled when he offered to help her with the bakery, but she got carried away with the being friends that she couldn't refuse. Moreover, it wasn't a direct help, so she agreed.

But in their last few interactions, knowingly or unknowingly, they had began to speak about themselves. She had voiced out things about herself that she had hardly shared with anyone.

She knew when one discuss about personal stuff, one tend to get emotionally involved with the other person. And it is damn scary.

In the former times, Mahendra and Neeraj had frequently said mean things about her, to her. Since then she had denied the pleasure of being worthy of any good — be it compliments, things, or people.

When Ram complimented her smile, it felt real. It felt true that her heart wanted to believe him and his words. He was being chivalric. Don't fool yourself, her brain denied.

She had began to feel good about herself with him. But she also knew that things come in package deal. Bad with Good. Suffering with Joy. And she was not ready for that.

This has to stop. Her brain ordered. The reason, she did not even greet him this evening.

Since he was family, Shivina's family, she couldn't totally avoid him. She decided to limit their conversations. In Ram's words, interactions limited to the world & family problems. She decided to remain strong and think thousand times before she speaks or acts.

Despite her firm decision, her plan wasn't working.

She couldn't help but notice that it was more than twenty minutes the movie began and Ram hasn't uttered single word. She could hear everyone chatter except him.

A while ago, he was all excited about the movie. He was bragging about its box office collection, craze amongst teens during his college days, his favorite songs, scenes and dialogs.

And now he was quiet.

Owing to the low light in the living room, she could not properly read him. She saw his head frequently turning away from the television screen to people in the room.

It wasn't clear what bothered him until she saw Meera walking away and his gaze following her. Later he turned to the screen and began to stuff popcorn into his mouth.

She felt the sting of tears in her eyes.

She didn't wish to notice any of these things or get affected by it but he affected her in a way anyone ever could.

No. If you do anything, you will complicate things. She commanded herself yet couldn't let herself out of the kitchen despite finishing the work. Instead she began to wipe dry dishes, finding an excuse to stay there. An excuse to check on him.

She tried not to think about him, but the harder she tried more she found herself worrying about him. Par Priya it's wrong to be aware that he's not fine and do nothing. When you were in distress and he was around, knowingly or unknowingly, unhone humesha teri madat ki hain. Karwachauth se leke New Year's tak. She justified herself about wanting to comfort him.

She stared in the dark living room when something hit her mind. "Yes!" she dropped the cloth, "I can do something without making it obvious."

She grabbed her phone, turned off kitchen lights and bolted towards him. Quietly, she scooted into the single sofa across from him.

****

His phone screen lit up. He noticed it immediately as he was not really into the movie.

He picked up mobile from the couch to check the notification. He was surprised to read Priya's name on notification bar as they had barely talked this evening.

He looked around and spotted her sitting. He tapped on the message.

Her: You disappointed me more Mr. Kapoor.

He felt paralyzed. Ho.. how could she know? Did she know I wa.. was.. But i didn't cry. And it's mostly dark here. No way she could read my mind.

He watched her, confused and mostly in fear.

She motioned towards the TV.

Watching MPK, perhaps now for the hundredth time, he knew the exact scene going on. Instantly, he connected the dots and caught the context. He breath a sigh of relief.

       Few weeks ago, he visited Bakery to meet her. Then, she thanked him for helping them with the scaling of Bakery.
       In response to her, he mimicked Salman Khan aka Prem from MPK and said, "Dosti ka ek usool hain Madam... No sorry, no thank you!"
        Obviously, Priya had no understanding of his MPK language.
        She looked deadpan whilst Ram facepalmed.
        He expressed his disappointment for not knowing THE GREATEST MOVIE to her. "You disappointed me Priya... you disappointed me."

Isse yaad hain. A faint smile made its way to his misty eyes.

Her: Your THE GREATEST MOVIE is terrible.

Achha!? He glanced at her, raising his left eyebrow.

Him: English mein ek kahawat hain - Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Him: Five mins into a movie and you're criticizing it already😬

Him: At least WATCH.

Her: Dekhte hain.

She challenged and rolled her eyes.

Though the light in the room was dim and mostly dark, there was light on their faces due to their phone's screen and they could exactly read each other's expression.

After watching few scenes, she messaged him again.

Her: Stealing cigarettes? Seriously.

Her: Apparently his father smokes and expects him to be a nonsmoker. Great Role model!!

Him: Pura dekho.

Her: Woah. He is lying and she is helping him.

Him: JUST WAIT AND WATCH.

He glared at her and moved his head, telling her to watch the film.

In later scene, Prem ground cigarette in the ashtray. Smugly, he replied to her.

Him: Dekha.

Her: Oh! So hero didn't know smoking is injurious.

Her: Box par bhi nahi likha hoga na.

Her: She's saviour. Too good👏👏

Him: It's a movie Priya😑

After sometime, she complained again when Prem taunted Suman regarding table tennis.

Her: Boys are better than girls at sports? This is what you think Mr Kapoor?

Frustrated, he typed.

Him: Why don't you watch the entire scene and then react? Adhi-adhuri baat pakadke debate karti ho.

Furiously, they turned to the TV.

In the movie:
On receiving her father's letter, an emotional Suman leaves the garden. Prem follows her. He consoles her, "Akele rona is injurious to health." Followed by Tum ladki ho, main ladka hoon song.

Her: Thank God they clarified. Otherwise, all this time I thought Prem is girl and Suman is boy.

She made fun of the song and him. He rolled his eyes while she continued to type, i.e., criticize the movie.

Her: Yeh dekhke meri aankhon se khoon nikal raha hain Mr Kapoor.

Her: Isse acche toh main aapke jokes sunti.

Immediately, she realized what she sent and deleted the last message. But, too late. He managed to read it.

He grinned to her deleted message.

Him: You will find my blazer beneath your elbow. Pocket se tissue le lena.

He gestured towards the armrest of the sofa she was resting her hand on, where he had hung his blazer.

Her: Kyun?

Him: Arey tumhi ne kaha ki tumhari aankhon se khoon nikal raha hain.

She tried not to laugh but ended up giving a soft smile to him.

Her: Wait. Sports wear?

Her: Maan lete hain she knows how to play. Par hero ki toh koi behen bhi nahi hain. Where did she get that dress from?

Her: Casual dress mein toh khel hi nahi sakte hain.

"She was upset and he made her smile. They are singing, playing, bonding – spending good time with each other. And all she could think of is a sport dress?" he muttered to himself.

Him: 🤦🏻

Him: For thousandth time, IT'S A MOVIE PRIYA.

She ignored his texts and continued to point out issues.

Her: Why are they driving on lawn?

"Ram, you misunderstood Sandy. She wasn't rude just was brutally honest," he said to himself.

He exhaled deeply.

In last fifteen minutes, Priya had questioned — read criticized, almost everything about the movie.

She was still ranting about how Suman could've applied the balm and the scene made no sense. How movies are merely means to make money. How it creates an unrealistic idea of love & relationships. They sell lies, hype up everything and hence make more money. Marketing strategy, marketing gimmick and what not.

Seeing the pigeon in party, she went on different tangent of saving birds, animals and environment.

For the first time, with her criticizing continuously, Ram had no words to say — read defend, about his favorite movie.

He switched staring between the Mobile, Television, and Priya.

Her: Why is she crying?

She almost got out of her sit watching the scene.

Her: Slap him..

Her: Oh! I know why.

Her: Hero should come and save her. Ladkiyaan toh khud ko bacha hi nahi sakti. UNNECESSARY FIGHT SEQUENCE.

Ram closed his eyes for brief and let out a breath, slowly.

Her: Love? Yeh kab hua.

Her: What did I miss?

Him: Emotions.

Him: You missed emotions the entire time Priya🙂.

She was engrossed typing as she saw pigeon getting extra attention, that she missed reading his replies.

Her: Don't tell me the pigeon is going to deliver the letter like ancient times.

Her: Oh my God!! It does.

Her: And we have a song for that.

Her: Can't take this anymore Mr Kapoor.

At last, she read his replies and responded.

Her: Emotions? Love?

Her: If this is love then I'm glad that I don't believe in such nonsense.

Him: No, you do.

She glared at him.

Her: Nahi. I don't. I think yeh pyaar, mohabbat, sab bakwaas hain.

Him: Phirse jhooth.

Her: You believe in love.

Again, she repudiated.

Her: No, I don't.

Him: Yes, you do. 

Him: Here's a thing, Priya.

Him: You agreed to go on a date with me for Akshay and Shivi.

Him: To this day, you feel betrayed due to Neeraj and Maitri. You are deeply hurt still you convinced your family to accept their relationship.

Him: You refused to a marriage of comprise, Priya.

Him: Tum mano ya na mano, you're believer of love.

She felt her arms prickling with nervousness. Maitri and Neeraj? How does he know about them? Did I tell him this too? Priya!!

She was caught off guard by his claims.

Her fingers hovered over the phone, typing and backspacing, thinking of something to refutate but in vain.

There was a brief pause in the conversation until they heard Sandy call her, "Pri Di!!" her voice startled.

She was heading to kitchen when she spotted Priya watching movie with them. "You're watching a movie."

Akshay paused the movie and everyone turned to Priya. It broke their trance.

"Did you have too much halwa?" she pressed back of her hand on her forehead, "Kahi aapko bukhar toh nahi?"

She flinched.

"Di baat toh sahi hain," Akshay said in serious tone, "It's more than forty minutes and you're still sitting on the couch, watching movie and not criticizing it."

Eager, she turned to Ram and explained, "Bhai, you don't know — Picture aur Pri Di. IMPOSSIBLE. I remember, the last movie she watched was 'Kuch kuch hota hain'. Two years back. Woh bhi beech-beech mein, hardly 20-25 minutes dekhi hogi. She was so mad about choti Anjali reading letters and planning to reunite Rahul and badi Anjali. And when she saw students dancing, gossiping and flirting in the college, she ran out of patience and left," she burst into laughter.

I know. He caught a glimpse of furious Priya.

Flustered, she got up.

"Main.. main bas abhi aayi thi. Kitchen se," she justified. "And this is the most stupid movie I have ever seen," her voice faded into murmur.

"Par aap movies dekhte kaha ho," Sandy muttered.

"I'm leaving." She stormed off.

Sandy chortled and inquired if anyone needs anything from kitchen.

She came back and passed water bottles. "Pri Di was definitely high on the halwa. Not only she watched a romantic movie but she even kept casserole in the refrigerator."

"Toh?" Shivina questioned. "It's good. Khana waste nahi karte."

Akshay tittered, "Baby, there's no need to keep Roti or puri in fridge," he explained and pulled her closer. "You will learn."

Sandy resumed the movie and they continued to discuss it.

Thereafter, for the rest of the film, Ram imagined what would Priya say if she were here and laughed.

"Sandy, it's good that Di didn't wait for the entire movie. Imagine her reaction on Prem working at thr construction site."

"She would say," she cleared her throat, "Agar majdur hi banna tha, toh abroad jake padhai kyun ki?" They high-fived each other and laughed.

"Absolutely!"

"Yaar, aise nahi bolte. You're mocking Pri Di. It's not good," Shivina interrupted.

He resisted his laugh. "Im sorry but can't help. She's really allergic to movies."

"Allery severe than Paneer," she controlled her laughter too. "But don't worry Bhabhi, we'll apologize for this. Pakka."

He heard them and and scrolled through their chats again. Then it occurred to him that she was really into the movie. Watching it attentively and giving it a try genuinely.

She criticized cause, obviously it wasn't her thing. Yet she tried. The Priya Sood watched his favorite movie with him. Why? Use toh movies pasand nahi. For me?

"Nahi, Ram! Kuch bhi mat soch. Tere liye kyun dekhegi." He snapped at himself.

Strangely, his favorite MPK doesn't seem to be fascinating anymore. He glanced at the closed door of the room and missed his new movie partner.

He took his phone, read and re-read their chats, smiling to himself. He never thought he would actually like someone ruining MPK.

His eyes kept returning to the closed door, lost in her thoughts. He wondered how she managed to remember the dialog of a movie she never watched and even watching the same movie with him. Why would she do something she absolutely hate?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 658 22
#balh #raya #ram #priya This is a story about a girl who fall in love with a play boy. And later that guy change in to a good man and fall for her. ...
FEELINGS By V

Fanfiction

34.5K 1.8K 45
How they meet well it's complicated How they workout it's even more complicated And their feelings they aren't just complicated but tangled too. S...
RaYa Snippets By its_PMG

General Fiction

12K 586 12
One shots, random story ideas, and musings centered around Ram Kapoor and Priya Sood❤️
15.8K 1.1K 48
If Ram and Priya were neighbours and college friends..