DRAGONS HEART. daemon targa...

By aaronhtchnrs

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON / your lips, my lips apocalypse book 1/1 ©-aaronhtchnrs More

DRAGONS HEART
ACT ONE
GRAPHICS.
2. rose necklace
3. teasing a rogue prince
4. being a woman
5. give me a minute to hold my girl
6. my heart will never feel
7. threats have been made
8. sacrifices for consequences
9. weddings with no love
10. robert hightower
11. the rogue prince daemon
12. should i stay or should i go?
13. ceremony of chaos and corruption
ACT TWO: the rogue prince's claim
14. busy bees and perfect kids
15. the wishing well
16. bigger than the whole sky
17. the art of choosing
18. additions and plans of death
19. the vultures have risen
20. pity partys in flames
21. the first betrayal
22. the black queen
23. the end is here

1. the dragon and the stag

33.3K 1.3K 369
By aaronhtchnrs

CHAPTER ONE

ROSEVA BARATHEON had spent her days living in Westeros alongside the Targaryen's. Her father — Boremund Baratheon had sent her to be the Princesses handmaiden and greatest friend since her fifteenth name day. And since Rhaenyra was eight, she had looked up to Lady Rose and often wondered if she could be like her one day.

Roseva had felt completely isolated when she first arrived before becoming significantly close to the King and Queen of the Seven Kingdom's — King Viserys I and Queen Aemma Arryn as her own mother died giving birth to Roseva, leaving her as the only living heir of the Baratheon house beside her cousin, Steffon who would much rather take a knight's oath than become a Lord.

Hence why Boremund sent her away so she could become accustomed to finding a good husband to bear children with to carry out the Baratheon legacy. Roseva felt nothing but a prize to be won and she did not settle for anyone's praise and hands for marriage which left her father worried though he could never be angry at his daughter, more so frustrated.

By the time Roseva was twenty two, Rhaenyra has reached her fifteenth name day — herself, Alicent and Roseva spent the day running around the castle and picking flowers, sitting in Godswoods and reading old tales of their families old ventures. It had been the perfect day. But not all perfect days last forever.

Roseva's heels clicked against the marble floor, the bottom of her dress held in her hands as she practically ran through the halls of the castle. She had been late getting to Rhaenyra and once she had gotten to her room — the Princess was gone to which Roseva began sprinting to find young Rhaenyra, worried for her safety.

Of course she had never expected to run into a hard chest — her body stopped completely before she was pushed back a little, stumbling on her feet. Her eyes widened before spluttering apologies to the unknown person but when her eyes roamed up she locked onto violet eyes that filled her with utmost dread. Roseva knew of those eyes. She had once loved those eyes.

Since her arrival in Westeros she had watched the Prince from afar — he was older than her but he was beautiful. His Targaryen hair and the tight dimples that spread across his pale cheeks when he smiled made her heart flutter. Though Daemon Targaryen never took notice of her — or so she thought.

He always noticed his Rose. He tried to be close to her even when she spent all her time with Rhaenyra — he never thought he'd be jealous of his niece but there he was, one night before his wedding day with Rhea Royce, standing behind a wall, watching Roseva laugh with Rhaenyra. He had watched as her head tipped back as a light chuckle escaped her pink lips, her golden dress bunched up in her hands as she danced around the Princess who was staring lovingly at her — like how a young child looks at their older sister.

And he watched her now. Many years later, her brown eyes locked onto his with surprise and nervousness written behind them before they turned into annoyance that made his usual smug look plaster all over his pale features and hers form into a bitter distaste. Daemon had been gone for years, he left when he got married — she remembered that night distinctly. He had kissed her that night when he should've been bedding his wife. He was with her.

He was with her and then he left her. All the same, she was heartbroken — Rhaenyra was the only one who knew and she resented her uncle for doing something so mean and selfish to her best friend. Nevertheless, nobody else knew and it was for the best — it was better that nobody knew that she was practically ruined.

"Prince Daemon", the girl lowered herself before arising after a few seconds. His eyes took her in and he noticed almost immediately that her pink lips were the same, he wondered if they tasted the same.

"Rose", he greeted, a small smile gracing his lips but all she wanted to do was roll her eyes as the name — he was the first person to call her that — his Rose he would say just before their lips met.

"Roseva", she corrected with a exaggeration to the last part of her name and his eyes brows arose from their situated position at her stubborn tone — he remembered that all too well. He would never get angry at her like he would with others if they ever spoke to him with such tone — she was different, always had been, and always would be.

Daemon lifted a hand to brush a fallen piece of hair out of her face, "Sīr gevie", he whispered in his natural tongue.So beautiful

Roseva slapped his hand away, "Keligon", she responded and took a step back from him, he was never surprised that she could speak Targaryen - she had started learning when she arrived so that she could speak to Rhaenyra and help teach her High Valyrian.Stop

"Why are you back?", she finally asked — the question itched in the back of her throat, begging for a release. Daemon looked down at her, his gaze holding hers.

"Would you believe me if I said it was because of you?", he asked with an almost believable look but she knew better — after all these years, she had to know better. Daemon was manipulative, she had heard many rumours surrounding the Red Keep of his misadventures into brothels and how he was rarely seen with his wife, Roseva couldn't afford to have the same luxury, she had a family and title to think about.

"No, I wouldn't. Why are you really here?", Roseva's held nothing but fury towards him that was for sure, her hands clutched her dress, her knuckles turning as white as his hair.

"The tournament, it's for me".

"It's for the heir".

"That's what I said".

Roseva then rolled her eyes, not caring that he was the prince and she was only a lady, and Daemon did not seem to care either he just simply looked amused which only frustrated her more. His ego was unbearable and Roseva could tell it had only increased since his departure. "How's your wife", her voice spat at the mention of his wife — the distaste clear.

Daemon withheld speaking of her clear jealousy as she tried so desperately hard to not show it, "I wouldn't know".

Roseva raised her eyebrows then, he wasn't in love with his wife, she could tell by the look on his face — he way he looked at her was the way he was supposed to look at his wife and by the fact he came here alone suggested enough but still, she kept her distance.

"Very well. I must find Rhaenyra and have her ready for the day", she quickly brushed past him and lifted the bottom of her dress to walk up the narrow stairs before her name was called.

"Sīmontan", the deep voice traveled to her ears and she stopped with a huff before turning around to show her acknowledgement.Rose"I want my arrival to be a surprise", she knew what he was trying to say so without saying another word to him, she tapped the side of her nose to swear her secrecy with a wicked smirk before turning back around, not knowing that while she was walking away — he was watching her leave.

Rhaenyra Targaryen descended from her dragon, Syrax. "Welcome back, Princess. I trust your ride was pleasant".

"Try not to look too relieved, Ser", Rhaenyra jokes to the Ser on his horse — her most trusted guard.

The man chuckled shortly as the young Princess walked along, "I am relieved. Every time that golden beast brings you back unspoiled, it saves my head from a spike".

Rhaenyra laughed before Alicent exited the carriage, "Syrax is growing quickly. She'll soon be as large as Caraxes".

"That's almost large enough to saddle two", the Princess suggested with a small smile and looked up at the Lady.

"I believe I'm quite content as a spectator, thank you", Rhaenyra watched Alicent turn around and walk inside the carriage — trying to hide her disappointment.

Once they arrived back to the castle, Rhaenyra and Alicent walked through the halls of the castle — only stopping as Roseva descended the steps of the long staircase with a hard look, their feet stopping in their tracks.

"Oh no", Rhaenyra whispered and Alicent gulped from beside her. The Princess and Lady knew how Roseva got when they ventured behind the walls without her knowledge — despite knowing they were safe with the guards, they failed to tell the older woman of their whereabouts.

"And where have you both been?", she stopped in front of them with a scolding look. Alicent picked at her fingers and Rhaenyra went to speak but the woman raised a hand to silence her — only Roseva could get away with silencing a Princess.

"Actually I don't want to hear about it now, we will discuss it later as well as your consequences — that being you read the entire book the Septa gave you".

"But—", Rhaenyra began to protest.

"—And I mean all of it".

Alicent nodded quickly as she usually did but Rhaenyra — being her stubborn self, took a minute to reluctantly agree.

"Now, let's get you both ready. We have a busy day".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 377 5
⤷ always an angel, never a god, always a woman, never an heir, ──────────── 𝐈𝐍 which rhaenyra targaryen has an older sister - aelora targ...
21.7K 1.2K 40
Draegon Targaryen Stark wasnt looking for love but he would rather have the choice than a bride chosen for him. 🐉 "Give me your beating heat. I wi...
143K 4.8K 28
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞...