STARRY EYES ⎯ BRIDGERTON

By Paris_El10

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ STARRY EYES ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ ❝ [ You were there when I needed someone ] ❞ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥIn which... More

Starry Eyes
act. one
001. Thornharts
002. Tea Party
003. Girl Talk
004. Kiss Ass
005. Decisions
006. Black Sheep
007. Sickness and in Health
008. Worst is yet to Come
009. No Matter What
011. Grief
012. Recovery
013. One Thing After the Other
014. A Little Too Late
015. Time will Tell
act. two
016. Here we go...Again
017. Reunited
018. Deja Vu
019. Letters
020. Sneak Glances
021. May the best man Win
022. Secret Date
023. Gossip
024. Happiness is a Butterfly
025. The Vronskys
026. Revelation
027. Betrayed
028. No means No
029. Conflicted
030. Big Question
031. Ultimatum
032. Marriage
act. three
033. The calm before the Storm
034. Awkward Conversations
035. Set the Trap
036. Whose side are you on?

010. New Addition

4.8K 163 118
By Paris_El10

~New Addition~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Late at night as the moon shone above the sky, accompanied by the stars. Many slept peacefully in their beds, knowing tomorrow was a new day. Others were out, drinking, getting into trouble or simply having a walk around town. Everything was simple in this small town in England. Everything was always the same every night...except tonight.

Screams echoed throughout the Thornhart home. The screams bounced around the walls letting each person in the house know what was happening. To some people, it was almost like a deja vu but to others, it felt like a living nightmare.

"Ugh." Persephone groaned, covering her ears with her pillow. "Out of all the 24 hours in a day, it had to be now."

Even from the other side of the house, the screams abruptly woke Persephone up. As much as she tried going back to sleep, she simply couldn't. Her sister continued screaming, making Persephone realize she would not sleep any time soon.

While the rest of the house was trying their best to get some sleep. Others stood awake. Margaret was the first one to run to Athena's room, knowing these screams very well.

"Just keep pushing Athena, you're almost there." Margaret encouraged the girl.

"I can't take it anymore." Athena cried, sweat dripping all over her body. "It hurts."

"That motherhood for you dear. Just a couple more pushes and you're done."

Just like everyone in the house, Athena and Daniel were peacefully sleeping in their room until a sharp pain coursed through Athena's body. She knew what this could mean and quickly woke Daniel up to get Margaret—afterall, she was the expert in delivering babies.

As Athena kept pushing with all her might, Daniel was outside of the room, pacing back and forth. His nerves kept him from staying still as he continued to hear Athena's screams.

"You'll get used to it." Francis stared at the man in front of him as he continued pacing back and forth.

Daniel stopped for a moment to stare at the older man. "I don't think I can ever get used to painful screams like that. How did you do it?"

Daniel couldn't believe how calm Francis was. His daughter was only a few feet away, screaming in agony and he didn't even flinch.

"When Rachel gave birth to Athena and Persephone I simply drank." Francis shrugged as he handed Daniel a cup of rum. "It helps calm the nerves."

Daniel carefully took the drink, glancing at the cup before looking back at him. "I'm surprised you were this calm when Persephone was born."

Daniel already knew the issue with Rachel no longer being able to carry another baby. The doctor had specifically told her she would no longer have any more kids. The pressure of having a boy grew even more. 

"I was nervous." Francis admitted, staring at the glass in his hand. "God knew how much I wanted Persephone to be a boy. But in a way I knew I would only have girls."

"Why is that?"

"My mother, may god rest her soul, was very spiritual. She would always tell me what would happen." Francis began. "One morning, the day before my first social season, she informed me of what would happen. My mother told me I would find the one I would marry but she would give birth to only girls."

"In a way, I thought she was joking. She always knew how much I wanted to continue the Thornhart line. But as years went by, I do believe my mother was right."

Francis' mother always believed Francis was a selfish man. Never really caring about his sisters, believing that he was superior to them because he would be able to continue the Thornhart line. In a way, Francis believed he was cursed. Cursed to only father daughters.

"Did she say anything else?" Daniel was quite invested in the story. Almost wishing the woman was still alive. Would she have changed anything?

"She did." Francis nodded. "She told me my youngest child would be my karma and of many others as well. She would be brought into this world to ruin the lives of those who will wrong her."

Again, Francis never took his mother seriously. But after the birth of his last born being a girl and the mother naming her Persephone. Francis was slowly believing the words his late mother spoke to him.

"And you believe that?"

Francis looked at Daniel seriously. " My karma is never having a boy and she made that happen. Persephone is a strong girl. She fears no one. If she's like that as a teen, imagine her as a grown woman."

"Well, I don't believe it." Daniel spoke. "If you guys would have molded her correctly, she wouldn't have turned out this way. She should learn as a woman she should never raise her voice to a man, let alone her father."

Daniel believed in many things. Things that would make Persephone hate him even more. To Daniel, women should have no voice in anything. They should agree with whatever their husband tells them. Women to him were trophies. Something to show off to everyone and then put away.

Francis simply shrugged. "I was barely there for her. Her mother and Margaret taught her to be this way. If there is anyone to blame, it is them."

Before Daniel could reply back, the door was abruptly opened to reveal one of the maids.

"Sorry to interrupt, Lord Thornhart but Lady Thornhart has just given birth."

Francis turned to Daniel. "Well, I'll let you enjoy your time with your little family. I'm going to go and get some sleep."

"And you don't want to go in and see the baby?"

"No." Francis waved Daniel off. "I'll visit tomorrow morning."

Daniel nodded his head watching Francis walk to his room. He took a deep breath before entering the room, preparing himself for what was to come. The possibilities of things not working out the way he would want.

Athena smiled as she watched her husband nervously walk by the side of her bed.

"You know, the baby isn't going to bite you."

"I know, I just can't believe after months of preparation, we're finally parents."

"I know, isn't he adorable?" Athena watched as the baby in her arms peacefully slept.

"He?" Daniel glanced at her, hoping he heard her correctly.

Athena nodded her head. "Congratulations Daniel, it's a boy."

Daniel can feel the weights being lifted off his shoulders as Athena told him the news. His first born, a boy. Things were turning out in his favor and he couldn't be more proud of that. Everything was coming together nicely.

"What will his name be?" Margaret asked Athena.

"Well, I did want to continue my mother's greek mythology names but I have thought about it for a while and decided against it." Athena admitted.

Ever since she could comprehend, Athena loved the way her mother kept the theme by naming them after Greek goddesses. It showed how much passion her mother had and she believed their names suited them. Athena always dreamed that one day she would be able to continue the tradition but after so many things had happened between them, she didn't have the same excitement she once had.

Her relationship with her mother had practically desinagraded. No longer having much of a mother and daughter relationship. Athena had gotten closer with her father while her mother stayed beside Persephone. The once semi close family was now even more divided.

"Did you come up with something?" Margaret questioned, a bit disappointed.

"Yes. My first born will be Lucas." Athena smiled, staring at the newborn. "Lucas Thornhart will be his name."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

By the time the sun came up, news about the new addition to the Thornharts became town news. The family filled with only girls now had a boy. A boy named Lucas who will be able to continue to extend the Thornhart name at least for another generation. No one was more happy than the grandfather himself.

"Cheers." Francis raised his glass alongside Daniel.

As they both took a big gulp of their drink, Francis couldn't help but feel warm inside. The man believed he would never witness the day he would be able to have a grandson to carry his last name, but times have changed.

"Who would have thought the Thorharts would have a boy." Francis spoke, leaning back on his chair. "You know, I can't thank you enough."

"Nonsense, Lord Thornhart." Daniel shook his head, placing his cup on the table. "You were the one who opened your arms and made me a part of your family. The least I could've done was give you a boy to keep the legacy going."

"You have no idea the relief I have right now." Francis stated. "I couldn't even sleep thinking Athena was going to have a girl."

"I knew the moment Athena was pregnant we would have a boy. My family is filled with boys." Daniel half lied.

Daniel Thornhart was the oldest of four boys. He knew there was a chance he would have a boy but with the Thornharts, he wasn't exactly sure it would happen. Sure—he wished for a boy but he was scared, terrified even, knowing there was a chance Athena would give birth to a girl. But luck was on his land...for now.

"Why name the boy Lucas?" Francis asked. He knew Athena wanted to carry Rachel's Greek mythology names, so it surprised him to find out Athena didn't go on with her plan.

Daniel shrugged. "I didn't know about the name either. I just told her to pick a name she liked and she named him Lucas."

"Sorry to interrupt the celebration but there is a man by the name of Lord Arrignton." the butler announced.

"Ahh yes, bring him in." Daniel responded.

"Lord Arrington?" Francis looked at Daniel confused.

Before Daniel could reply, a man walked in, greeted both Daniel and Francis. A man who looked about the same age as Daniel, if not a little bit older, stood tall with a smirk on his face.

"Lord Arrington, it's good to see you." Daniel stood up, greeting the man with a bear hug.

"I should congratulate you two. The first boy of the family." Robert looked between Daniel and Francis, who still sat in his seat observing him.

Daniel turned to Francis. "This is the person I was talking to you about. Robert Arrington, the oldest of the Arrington family."

Francis stood up. "I remember your father. He was a great man."

"Indeed he was."

"He is currently filing for divorce." Daniel added, giving Robert a drink.

"Really?" Francis questioned, not really caring. "You were part of the social season with Athena and Daniel."

"I was but after we had gotten married, we tried for a baby but she couldn't conceive. The doctors informed us she could never conceive a child." Robert explained, taking a sip of his drink. "I was big on having children so a filed for divorce."

The news about the oldest Arrington getting a divorce was still hidden within the family, not wanting news to break just yet. In fact, Robert's mother was doing everything for her oldest son to reconsider but the boy was adamant.

"Daniel, you know I haven't agreed to anything." Francis turned towards Daniel, not caring that Robert was present.

"I know you aren't but all I need is the green light and the plan will be in motion."

"And why are you in on this?" Francis asked Robert. "Why do you want to help Daniel so bad?"

"It's a win for all of us." Robert shrugged, leaning back on his chair. "When Daniel told me about everything, I knew it would benefit all of us."

Francis shook his head. "I don't know. With Rachel getting more and more sick I can't think straight. I need more time."

"Time is ticking." Daniel leaned against the table. "Soon enough, we won't have time for anything. It's best to think quickly."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

There was a knock on Athena's door. It was soft and quiet, you can almost not hear it, almost. Even though Athena was tired and ready to sleep the day away, heard it.

"Come in." Athena mumbled.

Looking at the door she found Persephone closing the door behind her. It had been a while since the two sisters even sat in the same room. Athena, who was still mad about Persephone not liking Daniel and Persephone who gave her the same energy back.

"Just came here to congratulate you on your child." Persephone spoke, looking anywhere but the person she was speaking to. "I heard it was a boy."

"There's no need to walk on eggshells, Persephone."

"I know." Persephone sat down on the bed. "It just feels weird."

Athena nodded, understanding exactly what her sister was feeling. The two girls were close but after Persephone's outburst, they two were never seen with each other.

"We argue all the time. It's time for us to move on from that and focus on rebuilding our bond." Athena didn't want to fight with her sister anymore. She understood there was no way Persephone and Daniel would get along and she had to deal with that. But now her main focus was on her little one.

Persephone looked at the newborn who was soundly asleep in his mother's arms. She was happy for Athena. Persephone always knew Athena would be a good mother and she was glad she had got to see it first hand.

"Would you like to hold him?" Athena asked.

Persephone nodded her head, taking a seat next to sister. Athena placed Lucas in Persephone's arms, showing her how to properly carry a baby. Lucas made little to no fuss, enjoying being in his aunt's arms.

"And you couldn't pick a better hour to be born?" Persephone jokingly asked the newborn.

"Please. I wish he could have picked a better hour." Athena sighed, watching the interaction between her sister and her son.

"You woke the whole house up." Persephone turned to her sister, who lightly pushed her.

"Hey! It's not my fault. Labor is 10 times harder than it looks. You'll know when it's your turn."

"Hearing your screams last night, I'm actually reconsidering." Persephone laughed, looking down at the baby. "I can't believe you're actually a mother."

"Me neither." Athena agreed. "I still can't believe I even gave birth to a boy. A Thornhart at that."

"Yea, Francis must be happy. He got what he wanted." Persephone mumbled before turning towards her sister. "You know, before coming here I caught a glimpse of Lord Arrington in a meeting with Francis and Daniel."

Athena furrowed her brows. "For what?"

"I'm not sure." Persephone shrugged. "But I don't think it's anything good."

Persephone knew if it had anything to do with Francis and Daniel, it wasn't something good. She didn't know Lord Arrington all too well but what she did know was that he was a power hungry man. A selfish man. Man willing to do anything to get what he wanted. A man who was very good friends with Daniel. She had to know what they were planning before it's too late.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

! Author's Note !

─◌✰್ How do you guys feel about the new addition to the family? Also I wanted to ask if you guys would want me to continue the Greek mythology names or would it be too corny lol?

─◌✰್ Robert Arrington is finally introduced and he plays a very big role of Daniel's plan (a little hint hint). Things are going to start going downhill for Persephone.

─◌✰್ Thank you all for reading. Enjoy♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.3K 2.3K 9
{CURRENTLY REWRITING} ▬▬ GUNS AND ROSES. ❝ people do understand the language of the heart, you know, even if the head does not always comprehend it...
192K 6.5K 31
Delilah has never truly had a good relationship with anyone. Her father had made it no secret that he did not want her and had not paid her any care...
2.8K 240 7
- ͙۪۪̥˚ in which maria dowling, a daughter of a french marquis, refuses to marry and when she is sent to england to enter the coming season to find...
936K 27.8K 65
metanoia /ˌmɛtəˈnɔɪə/ noun change in one's way of life resulting from penitence or spiritual conversion. In which the passionate Bridgerton sister...