003. Girl Talk

~Girl Talk~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Persephone watched as the drops of rain hit the window in front of her. Desperately trying to ignore the voices behind her. Her sister, Athena, was joining the social season and everyone in the house was desperate for the girl to look her best. They wanted to please Queen Charlotte and have Athena in her good graces. That was all the Thornharts cared about, their status.

Persephone could care less about her sister being liked by the Queen. Even though she was excited for her sister, her family had been talking about it for months. Honestly, she would rather watch paint dry than to hear their conversations. But, Persephone wasn't the only one.

Francis knew this day would come. The day where reality would hit him. He would soon face the nightmare that he so desperately wanted to avoid. His daughter was going to get married. She was going to give up her last name and be given another. One less Thornhart in the family. Instead of being there for his daughter, Francis stayed in office, avoiding any interactions.

"You know, instead of looking out of the window you should be taking notes." Athena spoke out as she was getting measured. "Soon, it'll be your turn."

"When the time comes I'll be ready. Till then, I could care less." Persephone replied, not bothering to turn to look at her sister.

Persephone was now 13 years old. She had changed, both physically and mentally. The young girl had just hit puberty, areas around her body grew. She looked more and more like her mother but she still had some of her father's traits. The older she got, the more she had come to terms with everything. She was starting to understand why her father didn't like her and sadly, she got used to it.

She got used to the looks her father would throw at her whenever she tried to make a conversation with him. She got used to his cold exterior. She got used to it all, but one thing she didn't get used to was how he was to the public.

Francis was a completely different person to the public. A loving hard working father who takes care of the women in his life. Someone who is happy with what he was destined to have. It made Persephone sick to her stomach whenever he would pretend they had a loving father and daughter bond. It was all fake. She had to smile in people's faces and pretend that her life was perfect when it was the total opposite.

However, Athena still cared about being liked by her father. She wanted their relationship back. But she knew how much he dreaded for this day to come. The girls knew how much he wanted a boy, a boy he can never have. Even when trying on dresses and being measured, Athena hoped for her father's approval. To see her father at least say something to her instead of his cold remarks.

"You won't find a husband with that type of attitude. I swear you have honestly become a lost cause." Athena snapped, sick of sister's childish remarks.