From the perfect start

By _lilithcarter_

Kaden Graham Harrison. His world is home to billionaires, future presidents, models and children of diplomats... More

Dedication
A/N and Aestethics
Cover
Instagram
Chapter 1- Feeling free
Chapter 2- Another world
Chapter 3- Let me forget
Chapter 4- Together alone
Chapter 5- Promise me
Chapter 6- I can still remember
Chapter 7- New life
Chapter 8- My father taught me
Chapter 9- Again
Chapter 10- Good and bad
Chapter 11- Coincidence
Chapter 12- 8 million
Chapter 13- Iced Coffee Latte
Chapter 14- Sometimes we all need a break
Chapter 15- A breath of life and death
Chapter 16- Whatever you wish
Chapter 17- Destatrious introductions
Chapter 18- Law and order
Chapter 19- Down and dirty
Chapter 20- Close to you
Chapter 21- You are just healing
Chapter 22- An hour with the right person
Chapter 23- Baby fever and apologies
Chapter 24- Causing trouble
Chapter 26- Bottling up the truth
Chapter 27- Player
A little talk
Chapter 28- Nosy girls have the most fun
Chapter 29- Realization
Chapter 30- Murderous
Chapter 31- Seeing the dark
Chapter 32- Brothers and dark shadows
Chapter 33- Jail or grave
Chapter 34- Games we play
Chapter 35- Carry me
Chapter 36- Reading you
Chapter 37- Chess
Chapter 38- Their actions talked to me
Chapter 39- Everything is fine
Chapter 40- Calming the storm
Chapter 41- Eyes don't lie, neither does touch.
In between
Chapter 42- Because she said so
Chapter 43- Remember who you are
Chapter 44- Breaking all those bones
Chapter 45- Not your fault
Capter 46- old memories, new friends
Chapter 47- earn me
Chapter 48- I am dying
Chapter 49- That brain of yours?

Chapter 25- Truth or Dare

8.9K 260 85
By _lilithcarter_

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

Please don't forget to vote and comment, it means a lot!

I love you, bye.

I will end this year with you by publishing this chapter! I hope you enjoy and I wish you dearly that 2023 will be your year.

This is just to keep you on edge before the „real" update comes tomorrow;)

„Please... trust me."

Her brown strands fall over her exposed shoulder, the black top building a contrast to her pale skin and the slight red blush lingering on her beauty.

A burn rushes through my aching throat as I lean my head back to empty the next glass. I started to drink to distract myself from the termagant next to me but as I lost count, I realized that looking at the picture beautiful girl, whose laughing at Ray's words at the moment, is on my mind.

The only one on my mind.

The sound echoes through the room and as I watch her I can't comprehend how there is even another sound but her in this room. How is it possible for them to look at anything other than her? I can only focus on... her.

The reality crashes in when my own words repeat in my head.

"She is gorgeous, no reason to deny that but she is a nice girl. I don't do nice girls, you know that."

God, I am such a dumb fuck. Those drinks make me unreasonable. I should start listening to my sober self.

Who gives a shit that Harvey is flashing me his knowing look and a grin as he focuses on my clenching fists. I flip him off and avoid looking at Aleandra with Ray's arm around her.

The whore Katherine and me are a little outside of the crowd. I lean against a table and she fidgets with her fingers next to me, a tight fake smile on her lips.

She seems calmer than before, thinking I changed my mind because I didn't do anything unpleasant the first round. She is just where I want her to be... on the tip of her toes, terrified I will push her down the edge of the cliff.

Now, I am done.

I lean down, pressing a harsh kiss on the top of her head.

A promise.

This won't be fun for her. I wrap an arm around her waist and walk around the circle of a few guys and girls on the floor, bottles of whiskey and vodka laying around. Ray sees me and he shows me his brightest smile.

"Hey man. You joining in again?"

I just nod, pulling out a chair from the side and as Katherine wants to sit down I pull it quickly away. I let myself fall onto the comfortable cushion as the woman falls onto her ass.

Some of them look shocked, others let out a chuckle. But no one dares to say something. They ignore the incident. She places herself next to me, so now I have Ray and Aleandra on one side and Katherine on the other.

You may call me pathetic for that move, and I probably am. Maybe I am acting like a school kid but she started that game, thinking she would win. Oh, Kathy. No, I invented this game and even though you are the epitome of pathetic, I will gladly let myself down on your level for a short time. Until I have crushed you.

"So, let's start asking your lovely company. Last round she barely spoke, can't let that happen again, now can we?" Harvey asks into the group. My gaze flashes to Aleandra, who has her palm wrapped around Ray but her brows furrow at his words.

Is the pretty girl jealous?

"Oh, she isn't my company. You can have her boys." I say, tapping her head like a gentle lover, but my words are tinted with spite.

I nearly disgust myself with how I talk about someone. God, my mother would kill me if she would know I talk about another woman like that. But if she knew what a monster she is, she would understand. She doesn't value anything, so I won't value her more than the dirt under my shoes.

"Good to know." A guy with almost white hair and a smug grin on his face replies.

He starts asking the first question and one after the other gets perforated with boring shit like "When did you lose your virginity" "Weird fetish" and "Worst date".

I hate this kid-shit.
This isn't the real thing.
Not my people.
Some of them are nobody's.

But I cannot let myself into the backrooms before the job is done.

Laugher erupts around the group, Katherine often joining in but I can't help but notice her uneasiness as I am silent next to her. Without erasing my focus from the crowd I take my phone out and send a message to Harvey and Ray.

The girl next to me? Play with her and don't be nice. I don't give a shit if she starts to cry. She needs to crawl back into the hole she came out of.

You do not want to tell us what she did?

Do it.

Already done.

I look back up from my phone and lean forward so I can be more engaged in the questions.

"Katherine, your turn. Truth or Dare."

"Truth." She replies and Ray leans forward.

"What's the most disgusting thing you've ever done?"

I know the answer to that, not that she would admit it.

Liar.

Liar.

Liar.

"Mhm. That's a hard one. I don't know. I think it was eating those extremely hot peppers. I was so disgusted and I nearly puked.

I know boring, but it was really bad." She shrugs, letting out a childish giggle, playing with her hair that she put into two pigtails a couple of minutes before.

This isn't how she sounds. I have heard her true laugh.

She is not to blame for the fact that there are disgusting guys who get turned on by her acting like a little kid but she is acting on it...

and she enjoys it. Enjoys making them believe they are fucking a kid when they are with her.

She sold her soul.

I let out a snort.

Yeah... boring.

Obloquy, Kathy.

Obloquy.

I look at Harvey and lean back in my stool. I throw my arm casually over the rest.

A curt nod.

"That's weird." He starts, looking completely baffled.

Katherine turns her head to him and what seems like a slightly drunk confused girl, is someone terrified of the next words.

A thin layer of sweat builds over her perfectly applied makeup, her hand faster playing with her ridiculous hairstyle.

"Remember when we went to high school, together?"

I bite the inner side of my cheek to suppress a grin when her shoulders seem to relax and her eyes start to glow.

She thinks this is her opportunity.

Her opportunity to get further into our world.

My world.

I will push and push and push.

Until you are out of this world and when you are crying about the loss of luxury and fame, they all will have you forgotten.

"Yeah, that must be me." She smiles.

No, you weren't.

You were busy with something else.

My jaw clenches.

Her dreams get shattered.

"Mhm. Ah, so I think you were the kid that got shoved into the toilet once."

„You are  right, bro. Weren't your mother a whore and fucked your teachers so you wouldn't get kicked out?" Ray asks, pointing his fingers dead seriously at her.

I hear "Oh, shits." And huffs but I can't help but only focus on Ally who looks shocked and disgusted.

But not because of Katherine.
Because she is the devil.
Because of Harvey.

Because of his words... because of me.

As her gaze snaps to mine, I quickly look away, acting unbothered.

This is not about her.

"No, you must confuse me with someone. That's not me. I went to school with you, but I and my family did no such a thing. We are not scum." She tries to save herself with an awkward chuckle.

I don't know your mother, but scum you truly are.

"No, I remember exactly. You were like a druggy in middle school and then tried to dress up, hoping no one would notice."

A few chuckles run through the crowd and I see a couple of girls pulling out their phones.

Normally I wouldn't allow them to film but this is exactly what I wanted and we aren't in an exclusive area anyway.
A shit-show.

To hide what is going on behind.

"Wait so you lied to me? You said you grew up rich in the suburbs. Your dad isn't a lawyer?"

"What, no. I mean, of course, I didn't-"

"Fuck, I remember too. You wanted to pull an Anna Delvey but then that dude caught an STI."

"Gross." A man in the corner yells and I can't help but feel my lips twitching as I see the disgusting looks.

Still, my brain forces me to look back at Aleandra who looks shocked and furious at the same time. As our gaze meets something inside me makes my blood burn.

Fuck.

She leans up.

"What the fuck are they doing? Let this girl alone." She whisper-yells in my ear as I tilt my head slightly down.

Don't ruin this for me, Ally.

"Do you remember that, Kaden?"

"Yes, wait...

Now, I know how your name seemed so familiar. The incest kid."

Puking noises pass around again.

Everyone is enjoying her misery.

I push away from her, standing up in my seat as if she was a poisoned snake I have to get away from.

Well, this isn't far off from the truth but unfortunately, she has already bitten me and taken someone from me in her nest.

I try anything to not show my amusement, how much I crave this moment of her utter humiliation.

And this is just child's play. Her sitting in the middle of the room tears streaming down her precious face, trying to explain that everything we said is a lie.

They are lies.

She would be a poor soul if we did this to her and this would be all true but no. She isn't the victim here. He was. And when I am done with her she would wish she could take his place.

I can feel Aleandra moving up next to me, wanting to rush to Katherine or punch me for humiliating her.

But I stop her, my hand reaching around her delicate wrist, pulling her down again.

She looks at me, sending daggers into my skin but she can't stop me.

I know you hate me right now. Probably more than in all the weeks we know each other together but I know you.

And God, if you only knew, you would beg me to kill her right now.

I lean down to her ear, her rage practically reflecting her body.

"Listen to me. Please trust me, Ally, Later you can punch and yell at me for all I care but now you have to trust me." I whisper into her ear and lean a little away so she can see my eyes. Hers soften as she sees the sincerity in mine.

"You trust me, baby?" I ask her and I could jump off a building just for those words.

Who gives a shit, if she trusts me.

This is my party, my circle, my people. They do what I say. With a snap of my fingers and she is off her school.

She nods but I still see the fire in her eyes.

She is not done with me but I am done with her. This can't keep going on like this. I straighten myself up.

"How could you bring her in?" I raise my voice at a random guy standing in the back of the room.

I have never seen him before.

"What? I didn't-"

"I saw you bringing her in. I trusted you to check her."

The blood drains from his face.

"Out. Fucking get out and take this whore with you. And don't think this is over." I yell and the next moment he hurries out, a disturbed Katherine on his toes. She runs on her own, not wanting to stay in her hell any longer.

47 minutes he was in that hell, Katherine.

For you, it will be 47 years.

For a minute the room is silent, and not a breath is dared to let out, until Harvey slaps his palms together, with his infamous grin pretending this wasn't just a shit show.

"So, I am sorry for this little disturbance. My security will take care of her and make sure this scum doesn't take another step into our city. Don't worry you will never come across such a...

you have seen her. Now, I want you to accompany me into a more pleasant room in the building... we wouldn't let our evening be ruined by this girl, would we?" He lets out a chuckle and we both lift our glasses in the air. I give him a thankful nod and empty the next drink.

The people erupt into cheers and like they always do... everything that happened before is forgotten. Nobody will think about Katherine tonight anymore.

Until tomorrow, when her life is officially starting to fall apart.

Until I take it apart.

Piece by piece.

Some are led into another room.

Not us.
Not the once from my world.
I get a wink from Ray as one hand is wrapped around a scotch glass, the other around Ally's waist.

He leads her into the backrooms.

No.

My world, Ray.
Mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.8K 1.4K 62
Kaden falls for his childhood friend but has a hard time showing his feelings. He has a terrible relationship with his dad, he smokes, drinks, does i...
284K 5.9K 78
And we're back! But this time we're looking into the lives of the younger siblings: Alyssa Phoenix, Julianna and Jade Ramirez, and their best friend...
12.8M 340K 56
He was her best friend's brother. She was his little sister's best friend. He was a player. She had a crush on him. --------------------------- Ariel...
52.6K 2.1K 33
This is a dark romance!!! Noah Grant was a boy Lena shouldn't have fallen for, and yet she did, and it cost her her life. Bullied by the students of...