Justice or Destiny

By zainee72

"Let go of me...!" she said struggling in his painful grip at her wrists, he pinned at her back. "Then stay... More

prologue
Character sketch
Part_1
Part_2
Part_3
Part_4
Part_5
Part_6
Part_7
Part_8
Part_9
Part_10
Part_11
Part_12
Part_13
Part_14
Part_15
Part_16
Part_17
Part_18
Part_19
Part_20
Part_21
Part_22
Part_23
Part_24
Part_25
Part_26
Part_27
Part_28
Part_29
Part_30
Part_31
Part_32
Part_33
Part_34
Part_35
Part_36
Part_37
Part_38
Part_39
Part_40

Part_41

6.4K 242 72
By zainee72

My head started spinning, and heart was beating like someone hitting my chest walls with heavy hammer. I wasn't able to move or breath, while he smiled at my widely opened eyes. He slowly raised my hand up. Before I could realise what was he going to do he slipped that delicate expensive ring over my finger.

My head whipped so fast that I was surprised I didn't break my neck. I was looking at him with horrific eyes. I stood like a statue, entirely paralyzed, so unexpected of what just happened. OH MY GOD, what did he do.? My head felt like I was being sucked into some bloody tornado. Earth getting slipped away under my feet.

Was I being pranked right now...? But as all started hooting, clapping and whistling, smile at Manik's face broadened. I was looking at everyone like they all had grown two heads over their shoulders. Then I looked down over the ring on my finger and realised it wasn't dream. Manik really slipped the ring on my finger.

"Wh...whta...did you do....!" my whisper dripped with dread and I felt the blood rushing to my heart with a thud. He leaned down with that smile at the edge of his lips.

"Returning the ring to its exact owner....!" he replied while shrugging his shoulders. Both Anvi auntie and Riya auntie hugged me together. But I seemed to process his words in my brain. Any one could tell how shaken up I was.

"Congratulations....!" Soniya was the third one who's chirping voice fell over my deaf ears. I was looking at everyone and waiting for them to create a big fuss but the way all cheered and clapped, I realised what exactly happened with me. With widely opened mouth and eyes I looked back towards Manik who was still grinning ear to ear. They all made me fool. Oh My God.

"Now its your turn....!" I wasn't even recovered from one shock when Aaryan uncle extended one more velvety blue box at front of me. I kept looking at the other ring. I didn't know how to breath and what to do with other male ring. I wasn't able to move my limbs. Sensing my panicked condition, Aaryan uncle pulled the ring out and gave into my trembling hand. Seeing me completely doomed Aanya encircled her one arm around my waist.

"MANIK...!" Uncle didn't need to say more because in the blink of an eye Manik brought his hand at front of my eyes.

"Common Nandni....!" Uncle Aayan also patted my back and with sweaty cold hands I pushed the ring over his finger.

"Yeiiiiii, finally....!" Aanya took me into bone crushing hug. But my eyes were stuck only at one person. Manik Malhotra. Biting my lower lip I tried to hold back myself from crying out loud. I'm gonna kill this Malhotra.

"So my offer is still available. If you say I can rearrange the date with that boy......!" Dadi jan exclaimed teasingly and this time manik jumped straight into this matter.

"Dadi jan, Don't you even dare to take the name of any boy now... !" manik stomped his feet angrily and seeing his expressions all started laughing. Rubbing back of his neck when Manik looked back towards me, I wished my glare could work like a dagger.

"Congratulations my sweetheart....!" dadi jan pulled me into a warm hug. I wasn't still into my proper state of mind. My whole body was shivering and I'm sure my face must be turned pale with shock.

"Congratulations....!" and now this is we call real surprise when Riya hugged me. Oh My Goodness. How she came here and when. Who brought her. Thousands questions were swirling into my mind and I felt my thoughts even more messed up. I know its not difficult for Malhotras but who ever brought her, really did a huge fever to me. I really needed her.

"I missed you so much...!" this time I couldn't control my desperate tears any more. I don't know, in that single moment I was having tears of happiness or anger.

"Hey silly girl, don't ruin your make up. Do you really want all guests to run away when they will see smeared mascara at your whole face...!" She slapped my head while giving tissue paper into my hands and uncontrollably I laughed through my tears.

Wiping my tears when I looked at my right side, I found soniya trying to get the attention of grumpy Akil but same like me he was also looking completely out of order. Oh God they all made both of us real big damn fools. Damn you Manik Malhotra.

There were every type of noises but special song of happy birthday made all of them completely silent. Some of them started smiling while others looking confused same like me. But few second later when dark sky twinkled with fireworks display, now I realised what was the day. It was Manik's birthday as well and fury of light showed the colourful message of happy birthday Manik. With widely shocked eyes I looked back towards Manik, who's gaze was already stuck at me.

Now I understood why dadi jan was determined to place the engagement at exactly this date. She wanted manik to have two most important occasions at the same night. But the main thing was that how I forgot about his birthday. Everyone was coming towards him to wish him but I wasn't having any plan to go and talk to him. Not at the moment. So turning over my heels I went towards the table where at the moment no one was sitting. Riya also was also with me. Within few seconds all Malhotras siblings started sitting around my table.

---------------

When dinner was served at several tables, settled into this decorated grassy huge lawn. Manik was sitting with his uncles with their friends. Aanya, Isha, sahil bhaie and Rohan joined me at my table. Whole time I could feel his heated gaze at me but still I refused to give into the temptation. Because I knew I couldn't simply look into his eyes without bursting into tears of anger, frustration and happiness. I wanted to kill him for troubling me so much.

After giving so many congratulations, and finishing dinner, guests were almost gone except few. Suddenly I felt presence of someone behind my chair. That familiar heady scent was enough for me to know that it was Manik.

"Someone looking very excited....!" Aanya teased Manik and all chuckled at her mocking remarks.

"Why I shouldn't be after all I got engaged....!" he replied before taking seat next to me. I purposely ignored his presence. Its not like only he can do all ignoring drama. Showing no interest I looked at other side. Whole family was happy, laughing and gossiping.

Suddenly something clicked into my mind and desperately I started looking for one specific Malhotra. And a big smile appeared at my face, when my eyes met with Ishan. Standing far away from all the crowd he was looking exactly at me and Manik. He just signalled with thumb up before walking away. I wanted to say thank you, so I stood up and ran after him.

Coming at the other end of the yard, I found him standing alone. Both hands inserted into his pants pockets, he was looking at the crazy waves. Something pulled into my chest when I saw a distant look at his face. My steps came to abrupt stop when he pulled his wallet out of his pocket. Walking slowly ahead I saw how his lips stretched into a smile. But my heart pained when I found how it wasn't reaching his eyes. That smile was broken.

Curiosity forced me to take one more step closer and now I could see picture of a very beautiful girl. I didn't need any confirmation to know who was she. Mishka, only girl he ever loved. Her beauty was flawless. I couldn't help myself imagining her with Ishan. They both were most perfect couple with heavenly attractive looks.

A thought of losing your love bugged my brain, and I felt sharp pain clawed my chest. I couldn't even imagine losing Manik, the way Ishan lost Mishka. It was horrible ending of such pure love. Taking steps backward quietly I was going to leave when suddenly Ishan noticed my presence. His raspy voice stopped me.

"Nandni....!" folding his wallet, he fully diverted his attention towards me. The way he covered his pain behind a carefree and attractive smile, I really felt my heart stinging.

"Ummm, I came here to say thank you. If you wouldn't have pushed me harder, may be I hadn't gathered all the courage to stand against your family.....!" I said casting a thankful glance at him.

"You don't need to thank me. From the beginning he was yours. Either you would have tried or not, tonight he was going to make you wear his ring surely....!" he finished with a soft smile, that always enhances the purity of his soul. As loud music echoed in the other side of the house, we both jerked our heads towards the direction.

"Some dance time I think. You should go back. I'm sure Manik must be looking for you....!" he stated with the hint of tease and I just wanted to roll my eyes into 'Who Cares' style but Ishan wasn't the person I ever felt easy to show my tantrums at front of. So I simply nodded. Before I would've left I listened a sweet voice calling my name.

"Ah you are here and I was looking for you every wh.....!" Riya's words got stuck in the middle when she realised, who was I talking to. It was clearly written at her startled expressions that so many emotions swirling inside of her. Anxiety, nervousness, excitement, pain and at the end disappointment. From the corner of eye, I could see his stern gaze was stuck at Riya. Like challenging her to show any emotion towards him and she will bear his lengthy piece of advice for how she was just wasting her time. She should concentrate on her studies instead of fooling around and don't know what more.

"I...I'm sorry. I didn't know you were with him....!" she was pissed off but still couldn't help from quivering under his intense gaze. Listening her annoyed tone Ishan raised his one fine brow up while crossing his thick arms against his chest. His observing eyes all the time locked on her.

"I was just coming back Riya....!" I told her, trying my best to lessen the thick tension in the atmosphere. Riya nodded her head and without waiting for me she turned over her heels and hurriedly walked away. This time she purposely avoided her eyes to look at him. As soon she left, I looked back at Ishan who's blank yet stern gaze was still fixed in the direction where Riya got vanished. Clearing my throat I also excused myself and went after her.

--------------

I turned around the dark corner to go back when a warm huge hand grasped my wrist and as soon I gasped audibly, I was pulled back against any hard thing or may be a hard chest. Warm yet strong hand palmed my mouth to stop me from screaming my lungs out. When I noticed it was manik with full force I made myself free from his grip.

"What are you doing here....!" I spat angrily before taking a couple of steps back.

"Aren't you forgetting something...!" he asked while inserting his both hands into his pants pockets. He was gazing at me intently, that I couldn't miss as I was looking at him in simply confusion.

"I mean its my birthday, wont you wish me like May you live long life. May you be the happiest man on earth. May you get married soon. May your marriage be filled with all spicy ingredients. May you have a blasting honeymoon bla bla....?" he asked with most innocent face of the world.

"What....!" and that single word came out more like a disbelief instead of a question.

"Can't you talk straight without exposing your dirty thoughts....!" I replied bitterly with cold glare but the satisfaction at his features was showing that instead of being offended he was having fun.

"OK leave it. I will receive my all the wishes later personally and practically. At the moment I just came to say that everyone is dancing...!" manik replied with a sparkling smile.

"SO..?" With confused looks on my face I tried to understand what he was trying to say.

"So my dear fiance will you dance with me...?" he extended his hand at front of me and ignoring his offer I crossed my arms against my chest.

"I don't want to...!" keeping my chin up I plainly refused his offer. But the next moment his eyes twinkled even more brightly when he stepped closer.

"So you want me to have dance nicely with you or like last time I have to use my own ways...!" he teased while tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I narrowed my eyes when he reminded me our previous engagement night when he forcefully danced with me.

"Last time you had your ways and I had my ways. You forcefully danced with me and in return I only slapped you. BUT THIS TIME you dare to touch me without my consent, I will burry you alive six feet under the ground....!" Looking straight into his eyes I replied curtly. But instead of taking me serious, throwing his head back he laughed whole heartedly. What, I wasn't joking man.

"You know this is why I love you, because you are the only girl on this planet who can slap Manik Malhotra and walk away like nothing happened....!" still grinning ear to ear he replied with such intensity and purity that I couldn't dare to say anything more. So I preferred to ignore his comment and passed by him.

"Hey stop, Nandni listen to me....!" Manik ran behind me. Encircling his warm fingers around my wrist he stopped me. But pulling my hand harshly I got free from his hold.

"Listen Mr self centred, just because we are alone doesn't mean you can do whatever you want to. There, while exchanging rings I remained quiet because making fuss at front of elders isn't in my nature. But listen to me carefully, right now I don't wish to speak or have anything to do with you....!" I exclaimed with hint of pure anger.

"Quiet feisty, I love that. You look hot when you are angry...!" the way his lips twitched into satisfied smirk I wished to bang my head into any wall.

"You know go to hell.....!" ignoring him I kept walking. At the moment I didn't want to face him. Because the pain to almost lose him was still fresh and raw. My chest was still heavy with all the pain and sorrow that I was trying to hold deep into my heart.

Before he could stop me, Aaryan uncle called him because he wanted his one friend to meet Manik. So he had no other option except to go and see-off guests. Taking deep sigh I went inside the house. With every step I took my chest felt empty and every breath I sucked, I felt my throat burned. Gulping a huge painful lump down, I entered straight into my room. I still couldn't digest all the drama he brought into my life.

Removing my heels and jewellery, I threw my exhausted body over the bed. I was gasping like trying to suck in all the air but still I was greedy for more. My heart with irregular beating, seemed tightening in my chest like getting squeezed into sharp claws. Every breath was slicing through my lungs. Was I going to have one more panic attack. No, I Wont, I'll be ok. I'll be ok. I rubbed my chest to ease the heaviness. Closing my eyes and after taking long deep breaths I tried to calm my nerves.

Swallowing all the pain down finally I stood up from the bed. I immediately clutched the edge of the side table when I felt dizzy. Closing my eyes I waited for my senses to get stable before walking towards my closet. Taking my clothes I went to have a warm shower. The way every muscle in my body was stiff and sore, I really needed it.

I pulled myself out of the shower. I slipped on a bathrobe and headed towards the night dress I was going to wear. Removing the robe I wore knee length loose shirt with trousers. Soft and stretchy fabric of this dress felt so soothing and warm against my cold skin. I came out into my room and the chill in the air passed through the thin layer of my clothes. I felt goosebumps over my skin as I dried and brushed my hairs.

When my gaze fell straight at my heels on the floor and all other accessories scattered on the bed, I walked slowly towards them. I touched everything so delicately like I was afraid to fell out of this dream. Now I understood why Manik was eating my brain to select all the things for the engagement. He wanted everything perfect and according to my choice

After sometime I came out on the balcony. My damp hairs swaying with soft blow of breeze. To prevent coldness I encircled my arms against my chest. I looked up at the clear yet dark sky, fully decorated with uncountable stars. Looking down I brought my left hand up and after seeing my engagement ring, I took a deep shaky breath in.

I never thought that life will give me one more chance. He always said that he won't leave me and tonight he proved that. Doesn't matter how hard I pushed him away, he never left my side but still all the drama he pulled at me, was making me crazy.

----------------

My whole body stiffened and heartbeat started roaring loudly into my chest when I heard the other door besides mine opened. Heavy steps approaching closer. I didn't move an inch nor looked at the person stopped just behind me because I knew it couldn't be no one except the owner of this room.

"Nandni...!" Manik said gently and just his single word once again knocked all the air out of my lungs. Once again an uneasy ache started chewing my insides. Taking fast deep breaths I gathered my lost voice before speaking.

"Go away....!" I said firmly trying hard to not let my voice wavered. Ignoring my command I felt him moving even closer.

"Are you really mad at me....?" He asked into a soft whisper, but sensing amusement into his tone my anger abruptly shifted to higher level.

"Mr Manik Malhotra, don't you dare to take one more step closer otherwise you will regret the day you decided to come into this world...!" I gave last warning through tightly clenched jaw. I hope he got the message that it wasn't the time to mess with me.

"And what if I do....!" with soft chuckle he took one last step closer and now I could feel the warmth of his breaths over my shoulder. I closed my eyes tightly, trying so hard to control the storm into my head. Then his hands held my both arms and it was the end of my patience.

"Forgive me princess for putting you through this pain....!" he mumbled so softly that his words felt like fuel over fire. In the blink of eye I turned around and slapped him so hard that I felt needles started prickling my palm. My chest was falling and rising with harsh breaths as I was seething in extreme anger. Slowly he rotated his face back towards me and his shocked gaze met mine. I'm sure at that moment my glare was more sharp than daggers.

"I deserve that slap....!" abruptly that shock was blanketed with those tender stare that could melt my deepest bones.

"What do you think of yourself....!" I yelled and pushed him vigorously by hitting at his chest.

"I'm a joke for you....!" I once again hit his torso angrily but that affection didn't waver for once from his deep eyes. How I could've missed that longing and endless love blinking through that arresting gaze.

"Do you have any idea what you have done. How much I cried during last few days. I starved and died every moment while thinking that I lost you....!" I screamed angrily and surprisingly he kept looking at me calmly.

"I couldn't sleep a single night while thinking that how will I spend my whole life without you. I every minute regretted for fighting with you because I was dying every damn minute to see you getting engaged with soniya...!" he looked stunned at my outburst and his eyes even got more softer. I was struggling to keep myself in control but I wasn't able to.

Before I could say more, manik grabbed my wrist and pulled me against his chest. Clutching the back of my head, he wrapped his other arm tightly around my waist. I gasped audibly when he placed his warm lips against mine, silencing my all renting. For a second I became shocked but soon using every bit of strength I pulled myself away from the kiss.

"I was enjoying seeing my girl getting all hot and possessive....!" he teased in a soft laugh, while his hands still holding me tightly against his stone-like hard body. Placing my both hands over his chest I was pushing him to get free. But he was impossible to move or push away. My both fists hit him to get out of his grip but simply failed.

"Keep fighting, keep hitting if it makes you happy....!" he said before he pulled me into bone crushing hug. The hand at the back of my head pressed my face against his chest. His embrace was so strong that I couldn't even move one inch.

"Manik I will kill you, if you didn't let me go....!" I spate through my gritted teeth.

"I can't baby doll, I really can't.....!" he answered simply. After listening his answer I once again tried to get free but the more I tried the more his grip tightened around me. Feeling all breathless and lifeless I stopped moving. And this was the time when may be he realised that how life squeezing his hug was. So he loosened the embrace little bit but still kept his strong arms wrapped around me. I felt like a smashed jelly. So mushy and lifeless. My whole body was shaking. He is such a monster. Then slowly he pulled back to look at my face. His arms were still caging me securely.

"Nandni listen....!" he tried to speak but cut him in the middle.

"NO, YOU listen to me. My life wasn't perfect before you came into my life but it wasn't this much unpredictable as well. Stop making decisions about us alone....!" I couldn't stop myself from yelling. He looked taken aback as tears rolled down from my eyes.

"Shit, don't cry. Please don't....!" he muttered while trying to cup my face but I jerked his hands away. Now I was sobbing and he once again tried to hold me but taking a step away I shoved pass him.

"GO AWAY. Leave me alone....!" I said through my sobs. My throat was burning and inside my chest felt empty. But after listening his next words my heart fell into my stomach.

"Do you really want me to leave. If you don't want to see my face, I will leave. But please don't cry, it kills me when you cry....!" I turned around to face him and found his gaze was dark and serious. Then getting no response he slowly turned over his heals and started walking back towards his room. Now why was he leaving. I can't even have a fight with him. Idiot monkey Malhotra doesn't even know the meaning of tantrums of newly engaged fiancé.

"Manik....!" I called his name sternly as I couldn't form any coherent word. I was so shaken by all the moments that I was still feeling like it was just a dream. He stopped in the middle of the balcony, looking back at me all confused and concerned.

"I was right you are really the worst fiancé, any girl could have.....!" I screamed angrily. Placing his both hands at both sides of his waist he threw his head back with long deep sigh. In normal cases I would have laughed at his such perplexed plus exhausted looks. But after troubling me so much it was nothing. He deserves worse.

"You are again leaving me...!" stomping my feet like a little kid, I cried out frustratingly.

"I swear, I don't understand what to do with you...!" He mumbled while rubbing his temples. I was giving him headache. Its good.

"Because you are an emotionless monkey heartless Malhotra....!" I frantically replied in frustration and he raised his brows up in shock as he observed the newly fantastic titles I given to him. He opened and closed his mouth like a poor fish getting thrown out of water. Entirely speechless. After silence of few look-look seconds, taking deep tired sigh he finally spoke.

"Are you done....?" he asked with such pleading look that now I really felt bad.

"Not yet....!" I wiped those dreadful salty tears away harshly while all the time my eyes remained locked with him murderously.

"Then come here...!" He stretched his both arms for me. I glared at his welcoming arms and then back towards his hopeful eyes.

"Please....!" his request felt like soft silk against my ears. He was looking back with that possession, I was captivated of completely. I was so lost into deep thoughts while looking at his outstretched arms that I didn't realise when he dropped them down. Like a pall of disappointment hung over his shoulders. That was the time when without any wait I covered the distance with long and fast strides. Throwing my arms around his neck I hugged him with such force that he stumbled backwards over his feet.

"WOOHOOOO, be careful baby doll. My back is still hurting....!" he wrapped his arms securely around me while reminding me of how today I pushed him on his back. It was painful.

"I hate you. I hate you so much....!" I sobbed uncontrollably while fisting his expensive designer suite tightly over his shoulders.

"Are you sure...?" Manik chuckled over my such childish behaviour.

"But I heard quite opposite words in dadi jan's room....!" he teased me about all the confession I made at front of dadi jan. Holly molly. He was right, I had confessed many things. Now he won't let me go without explaining all those words in detailed version. Slowly I moved back and nervously pushed one strand of hairs behind my ear.

"Want to sleep with me...?" he asked while having devilish smirk at his face. I couldn't stop the slight tremble in my body as I registered his words. He looked at me in silence for what felt like a minute, and I tried not to squirm under his gaze. Saying next words I tried to lessen the thick tension between us.

"Mr malhotra its becoming your habit to sleep with me... !" I repeated his own words and in response throwing his head back he laughed. I smiled seeing his carefree boyish side after so many days. Covering that millimetre distance between us, he leaned down and whispered into my ear.

"Because I love cherishing my girl and see her all breathless and squirming under my touch.....!" and now I was sure looked a flustered mess. Suddenly my face felt heated while my eyes were large with his such blunt answer. Definitely teasing Manik Malhotra wasn't a good idea. Chuckling at my stunned response he placed a soft kiss over my cheek and turned around to leave. Immediately my both hands gripped his wrist.

"Where are you going....?" I asked abruptly, and having a heart warming smile he turned around to face me. Once again he embraced me into warm hug.

"just going to change my clothes...!" he stated while placing a soft kiss over my head. He was still wearing his dark grey suit, except the tie he had removed.

"I'll be back in few minutes. Ok....!" I nodded my head quietly, feeling ashamed of my such desperate act. As he was going back towards his room, he stopped in the middle. With curious gaze he looked back at me and having that stern face he walked back in my direction. I patiently and silently waited for him to say as he kept glaring seriously for few seconds.

"Is there any ritual in your family to slap after engagement.....?" he asked with deep frowns that I felt my jaw almost fell over my feet. Then I said the only word, that now a days I mostly use for the answers.

"What...!" before I could say some thing in my defence he shook his head.

"I think forget it.....!" saying that he walked away. For few seconds I kept looking in his direction, still settling his words into my head. Then palmed my mouth to suppress my laugh. Poor boy. Wrapping shawl tightly around me, I walked closer to the metal railing at other dark corner of the balcony.

After so many days I noticed the beauty of my surroundings. Salty waves crashing vigorously under the bright light of the moon, looking heavenly attractive. Closing my eyes I inhaled the crispy soft air.

After standing for a while in utter silence, sudden low whispers just startled me. As I moved back towards my room, I was surprised to see Aanya and Riya both walking in my direction. Seeing me there, they both were little shocked at first then they both smiled happily.

"Look who's here. Soon to be Mrs Manik Malhotra....!" Aanya teased me and in response Riya giggled. I rolled my eyes at their failed attempt to make my mood lighter.

"Don't say that. I'm mot in mood to talk about your stupid brother....!" I replied back while covering the distance between us. This time both laughed and it made me smile also.

"You both have some good time together. I know there are many things to catch up on. Its dadi jan's medicine time so after changing, I'm going to see her. See you later....!" Aanya took me in side hug before going back inside. After waving good bye, me and Riya left alone. Riya was more like a sister to me, and having her here overwhelmed me so much.

"I missed you so much...!" I mumbled as we both sat over the resting chairs placed on the balcony.

"Missed you too buddy...!" she replied tenderly and taking a deep sigh I placed my head over the headrest.

"I was really happy when I came to know that you both getting engaged, but all the other drama behind this engagement, it was really shocking....!" Riya touched the most sour topic. I know she was curious but at the moment I wanted to forget everything that happened in last few days.

"How you came here....!" after taking a deep breath finally I asked Riya and suddenly her smile got vanished. She looked away while biting her lower lip she remained into her own deep thoughts. When I placed my hand at her shoulder, abruptly she came back into her senses.

"Ishan brought me here....!" she replied lowly. Though her expressions were sad but I couldn't miss that shine behind her orbs. Before I would've been so excited she shook her head.

"Don't think too much, I'm here because my best friend needed me....!" she replied with a bitter smile as she looking at me with flicks of pain in her eyes.

"Riya don't say like that. You should talk to him openly....!" I didn't want her to be so disappointed. I didn't want her to give up at the man who have such pure golden heart.

"I'm not saying anything by my own self, this is what Ishan said before bringing me here. He said I don't need to take any wrong meaning of this gesture, because he was doing all of this for my best friend nandni. She needs me. That's it....!" shrugging her shoulders she once again diverted her gaze at other side. She was avoiding eye contact and it means she was extremely hurt by his such ignoring behaviour.

I don't know for how long we kept sitting there and talking about everything related to each other we missed. I was happy that successfully I diverted her attention towards other things.

We both were laughing when suddenly Riya's expressions got hardened. I could literally see, pale shade spreading over her face. Hearing heavy foot steps I looked over my shoulder and found Ishan coming towards us. His eyes stopped for a couple of second at Riya before he returned his full attention towards me.

"I was looking for Manik. I thought may be he's here....!" he told me while completely ignoring Riya besides me. Sometimes I feel instead of blood, attitude is running through Malhotra's veins.

"He's not here. Actually he went inside to change....!" I gave the information, as much I knew. Nodding his head with polite smile he turned over his heals to go when Riya stood up from the chair.

"Ishan....!" finally she gathered all her courage to stop him. And that's why she's my friend because she never gives up. Abruptly his feet stopped on the spot, like he became little shocked. Turning around he faced us and raised both brows up like waiting for her to say whatever she wanted.

"Ca...can I talk to you.....!" I knew she was trying to keep her voice as strong as she could but still shakiness was clearly visible into her words. Taking it as best opportunity, I stood up and left from there. It didn't feel OK to stay there any longer.

"If its not very important then I should leave, because I'm quite busy....!" the sound of his voice was like a warm rejection, edged with silent darkness. Listening his answer abruptly my steps came to halt. I knew his this simple yet straightforward answer was going to hurt Riya but she had to learn how to bear this man. So I preferred to leave and let her deal with him alone.

"I'm sorry....!" she flushed regretfully and tried to walk away really fast. The pain of one more rejection, was all it took to have a wrong step and she tripped really bad. She landed over the ground with a painful thud.

"Ouch...!" she winced while sitting back on the floor. The way she was holding her knees I'm sure she scrapped them. Even from this distance I could see her eyes shining with unshed tears. With that physical pain, her emotions that she had been suppressing, began to surge forward.

Unconsciously I turned around to go back to her but when I found Ishan coming towards her with deep concern over his steal like hard features, I just stopped. He stopped at front of her and kneeling on one leg he held both sides of her arms and gently raised her up over her feet.

With tear fill shocked eyes she was just silently staring at him as he pulled the chair closer and pushed her tenderly down over it. At the moment she was nothing different from a scared wounded child. After making her sit, he once again kneeled at front of her.

"Riya.....!" he took her name in such soft whisper that she couldn't hold her tears back. They both have been through enough.

"you are just hurting yourself....!" listening his regretful words, anyone could tell that he wasn't saying it for her knees but for her heart. I couldn't hold myself from smiling when I saw him trying to pull her trousers up to see her injured leg. He was worried for her. But as he touched her trousers, with one hand she grabbed his wrist while with other hand she was holding her trousers tightly.

"Please don't....!" she mumbled lowly, while her face covered into pinkish shade of blush. Shaking his head into disbelief he stood up over his feet. For few seconds, he kept staring down at her while Riya was looking everywhere except him. I couldn't see his expressions from where I was stood but I could imagine the heat of his serious gaze burning her skin. I hoped for him to say something more but he remained quiet. It wasn't like I expected him to act different. After all his first love was snatched in worst and cruel way.

Once again leaving them I walked back into my room. It was just matter of time when they both will accept that they were perfect match for each other. If he was a silent storm in dark night then she was a sweet singing bird in lonely day.

---------------

After few minutes Aanya came back into room and told me that she had prepared other room for Riya which was next to dadi jan's. Actually dadi jan wasn't feeling well so Aanya decided to stay into Riya's room so that she could see dadi jan time to time over the night. But why I felt a mischievous glint behind her very serious expressions.

As soon Riya entered into room, Aanya took Riya with her. I didn't even get chance to ask that what happened later with Ishan. As both of them left, I kept sitting over my bed aimlessly looking at front wall. All the time thinking about Manik. I closed my eyes and his dark figure with heavenly beautiful features, invaded my mind. I jerked my head to get my every waking thought free from his image. Taking deep breath I once again came out at the balcony. I don't know why I was feeling so restless. Laying down over my bad into silent, lonely and dark room was something I didn't want tonight. For the first time I was scared of loneliness.

I wasn't sure for how long I sat on the balcony, lost in the deep dark silence but later cold breeze was something forced me to go back into my room. I was really confused that he was just joking or really asked me to sleep with him. Because he didn't come back. I saw him walking here and there into his room. Then later talking at his mobile. But I felt really disappointed when after disconnecting his call he left the room.

Folding my shawl and placing it back into closet I switched off the lights. Turning on the side lamp, I adjusted my pillow. Pulling my blanket up, I laid down and closed my eyes. My whole body was freezing cold cause of sitting outside. I hope tonight I will get some sleep. After turning left and right for few minutes suddenly I woke up to the noise of someone opening the door from outside.

My eyes flickered to the balcony door and found Manik stood while locking it from inside. I shot up into sitting position when he walked to the main door and locked it also. Then he came back and stood at the side of my bed. His smirking face was now clear to see under the dim light of the lamp.

"Move...!" he commanded just one word and it was enough to freeze my bones. Looking at my shocked face an amused gleam flickered in his dark brown eyes.

"Why....?" I asked quietly while sitting at the same position. My eyes locked on him, hoping that he wasn't here for the reason I was thinking. He stood with a smug soft smile looking at me like his presence in my room was simply obvious.

"To sleep with you, remember our agreement....?" he informed while nodding his head towards the balcony. He was trying to remind our conversation before he left to change his clothes. And now my jaw was hanging low in my lap.

"Manik y..you can't sleep here. My bed is so small. I mean we both can't sleep here. We both won't fit at this bed and what if Aanya came back....!" I finished in one breath, my shocked eyes moving between my small single bed and his massive huge body. I mean yeah we slept in same bed twice before this but those were king sized beds. Enough space for me to breath normally. Manik remained silent but kept his heated eyes trained on my panicked face.

"Are you done. Now move....!" I hardly stopped myself from palming my face in disbelief. Why even I was trying when I already knew that no one can win from this stubborn-hot-headed Malhotra. So I slipped far away towards the edge which was attached to the wall.

------------------

Facing the ceiling he laid on his back, while I kept staring at him and then at the small place he left for me. I know I'm quite smaller than him but not this much to fit easily in this tiny space he left for me. After adjusting himself he diverted his full concentration towards me and raised his both brows up.

"I know I'm quite handsome but don't tell me you are going to watch me whole night....!" there was flicker of devilment in his gaze as he teased me. Before I could ask him to move little bit away he grabbed from my right arm and pulled me down over the same pillow. In that moment I wished I hadn't worn such indecent thin dress to sleep into.

I was facing him by laying side wise. His arm was continuously brushing against my chest as he was adjusting blanket over himself. This bed was really short to accommodate this giant man and me. I don't know how he can be so calm and in control when at the other hand my stomach was full of knots and my head was more jumbled than ever. I was feeling strange combination of sparks, flames and chilling shivers.

I could literally hear my heart beating into my ears and the only sound in this dark room was our erratic breathing. The silence and the heat of his body against my icy cold was too much. Was he also feeling this odd yet completely opposite combination of our bodies. With deep frowns over his face, his next question answered my thoughts.

"Why are you so cold. Were you outside....?" turning his face in my direction, he asked me. In the semi darkness I looked up into his questioning eyes and believe me I forgot how to breath. My abilities to speak properly were suppressed. There was that dangerous passion and desire, that caused my heart to quiver. So lowering my eyes I simply nodded my head in yes.

"Were you waiting for me outside. ...?" surprise was clear into his deep voice. I remained quite but that strange aura of power he possessed swirling around him. After that I literally felt the heat of his lingering gaze, that was continuously stuck at my face. That darkness in his chocolaty eyes was tightening around my heart, making it flutter like caged bird.

It was the third time we were sharing the same bed. First when we went uncle Aaryan's office for meeting, second time when he had fever in Malhotra house. But I could tell that tonight our entire relation had shifted to another level, specially when we both having rings at our fingers.

Lowering my eyes I raised my hand up and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear, and the way my ring shined under the light of side lamp, it definitely stolen his fully attention towards my hand. Holding my hand he brought at front of his face and proudly smiled like it wasn't a simple ring but a stampede claim over me. Locking his intense stare with me he placed soft kiss at my ring finger. Something flashed through his gaze, but he kept it tightly contained. Taking deep breath he closed his eyes placing our entwined hands over his chest he mumbled lowly.

"Whatever you confessed at front of Dadi jan, don't you think, you should have said at front of me not my grand mother....!" he whispered and jerked my head up to see at his closed eyes. I knew it he won't leave this thing so easily.

"I know, but I didn't get chance to tell you....!" wrapping my other hand around his bicep I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

"its ok now I'm here to listen it, so please can you repeat it again....!" he didn't simply asked, he almost demanded and determination behind his words wasn't something to ignore. I was thinking from where to start when still holding my hand slowly he turned side wise to face me. Gently he pushed me down and now my back was flat over the soft mattress.

"Manik...!" My breath hitched when he shifted over me. His one arm was under my shoulders while other hand moved down and clutched the side of my ribcage. My heartbeat increased a thousand times more and face heated while lying under him.

"I'm sure you wont take risk to make me wait more....!" I could smell an open threat and my heart hammered to come out of my chest. Did I need to tell that Manik Malhotra gets what he demands and that too at any cost.

"I said I lov...!" my breath came into short gasp when leaning down he placed one hair rising soft kiss over my cheek.

"Im listening...!" he ordered to keep continue while now he kissed over my jaw. How I was supposed to speak when there was huge lump stuck into my wind pipe. Swallowing hard I tried.

"I s...said I...I love you. A...and....!" I opened my mouth to say whatever he wanted to listen but his lips creating a killing havoc into my senses. To stop my fingers from trembling my both hands clutched his collar tightly. A knot into my stomach was growing while thousand feathers flying inside of me.

"Baby I'm waiting....!" his heavy voice vibrated against my skin making the hairs on the back of my neck bristled. I sucked a deep breath when his usual aura of ferocity and dominance roared to life and he nibbled at the side of my neck into extreme sensational way. I really felt him smiling against my skin when I shivered as his actions were sending strange jolts of pleasure down my spine.

"And that...yo...you are only mine....!" as I said this line, I clearly felt more aggressiveness in his gentle touch. Leaving my ribcage his hand came up and holding edge of my neckline he pulled that soft stretchy fabric off my shoulder. I tried not to get panicked or conscious about his suspicious actions.

"Mhmm...!" he breathed out that word, clear indication to keep going. My bare shoulder covered with only white thin strip of bra was on display for his hungry gaze. Oh God, he sucked one sweet spot into the crook of my neck that I didn't even know exists and instantly goosebumps appeared at my whole body. My eyes were tightly closed at the sensation of his soft lips and the rough stubble that was teasing my skin. A pleasurable gasp left my lips as he sucked gently over the same sensitive spot.

"And I...I...can't live without....!" his next move forced me to bit my lower lip to stop from letting out sharp breaths as he sucked my skin just above my heart. Now I realised that some part of my cleavage was naked too. His lips nipped at my soft skin, I'm sure leaving a clear mark there.

"I warn you princess don't stop....!" his words were open challenge but did he know how hard he was making for me to be in proper senses. His face once again went into the crook of my neck, while trailing light kisses up and down. Then slowly from the base of my neck he moved up towards my chin.

I tried to say more but I couldn't dare to pull my lower lip from hard bite because I was scared of the moans that will come out of my lips. When he placed a trail of soft kisses at the corner of my lips I felt he was doing it purposely.

Suddenly stopping his lips from assaulting my skin, he shifted his stare at my tightly closed eyes. I could feel his minty warm breath over my lips while he whispered.

"You want to say more....?" he asked like a final question and opening my eyes I looked up at him. I shook my head in No, thinking he will stop now. But did I know that the real torture was going to start now. He was looking down at me with bright eyes fuelled with intensity. Next moment he smashed his lips against mine. His lips silencing every sharp gasp and every moan. He nibbled my lower lip really hard and I hissed audibly. His passion was raw and untamed.

Soon I felt the urge need to take some break. So placing my hand at his chest I tried to push him away. But in swift move my both hands were locked above my head and that too by his single hand. When I felt my lungs can't take it any more with full strength I protested to get free from his hold. I moaned loudly when I felt pressure into my lungs. I needed air. With full force I twisted my wrists into his palm and finally he got the point and broken the kiss. I sucked the air greedily as much as I could, when he finally showed some mercy and broke the kiss.

He looked at me in silence for what felt like ages and I tried not to squirm under his gaze. I knew he enjoys to be in control and dominance. And tonight he showed me a glimpse of his passion that he can use on me. And one thing I was now sure about is that my stamina was no match to this man. Still breathing heavily when I opened my eyes, his proud smirk was aware of my condition that seemed like entirely drained of energy. Moving over his side he pulled me into his arms. My flustered face pressed against his hard chest.

"Relax my angel....!" he whispered while his hand tenderly rubbing my back. My chest was still rising up and down with deep breaths.

"What a delicate little thing you are....!" his mocking remarks made me embarrassed and angry too. Obviously I will be all breathless and exhausted if he will apply all his giant like strength over me.

"I wont let you kiss me ever again...!" I stated firmly with heavy fast breaths. Manik laughed like I told him some joke. He tightened his arms more around me, squeezing my jelly like figure into his steel like hard embrace.

"As if I'm gonna ask you before doing anything....!" as he whispered against my ear, I slapped his chest. He picked wrong timing to tease me with his power.

"Miss murthy today in backyard you kicked my ass really bad and this was your punishment. And this is how I'll always teach you a lesson if you ever again misbehaved with me like that.....!" he winked and now I felt suddenly my cheeks started getting heat up.

"Do you know after seeing this much flustered, what I'm thinking.... !" manik asked casually and I waited patiently for him to continue.

"I'm thinking about our wedding night. Believe me, you will make one hell of an interesting bride and for me that night would be memorable.....!" once again he teased me about my poor stamina.

"Oh God stop thinking too much...!" I punched his chest when he busted into mocking laugh.

"Stop making fun of me, otherwise I'm going to kick you out of my room....!" I said angrily but he laughed even more. I remained quite, completely ignoring his chuckles while my heated cheek still pressed against his chest.

"OK look at me baby doll.....!" moving his head down he was trying to level his stare with mine, but I buried my face more into him.

"Lets do it again. This time I will do it gently...!" his voice turned deeper as he offered me such devilish offer. No way I'm going to take such risk again.

"No way....!" I replied without taking a second. He chuckled when he tried to cup my cheek but I slapped his hand away.

"I don't want to make whole world to laugh because Manik Malhotra kissed me and I died cause of oxygen shortage.....!" I mumbled without any second thought and he gave a husky laugh at my words.

"I promise little princess you will love it. Look at me....!" he once again tried but covering my cheeks with my both hands I kept my face buried into his broad chest. His one arm was still wrapped around my shoulders while other hand trying to get access of my face to taste my already swollen red lips. When for few seconds he remained still and silent, slowly I peeked through my fingers. My heart skipped few beats when I found a warm smile over his face and unconditional love blinking through his dark eyes. That look over his face was enough to melt my heart. That affection behind his stare was like that ray of sun after a stormy night, that can make you feel warm and wanted.

Moving my both hands away from my face I looked up into heated orbs. Holding my chin he raised my face up and closed my eyes as he leaned down. Our lips met softly. I moaned lowly as the pleasurable tingles started from my lips and across my whole body. My face heated with every sensational second of that moment. He kept his promise as he kissed me so tenderly and sweetly. His movements were softer than I would've imagined coming from Manik Malhotra.

He held me enough closer, to let our hearts mingled into a rhythm. Like he was expressing his all emotions through his lips. His every move, every touch was agonisingly slow. He touched me gently, like he was afraid that I will break into pieces under his little pressure. This time when he ends the kiss, there was strange satisfaction at his face. Slowly I opened my eyes and found him smiling at me.

"I'm so glad that finally we got engaged....!" he whispered while rubbing his nose with mine. He pecked my forehead for the last time before he once again wrapped both arms around me. Having a content smile I closed my eyes. His fingers were moving into my hairs like soothing every stressed vein into my head.

"I love you...!" I whispered into his chest and abruptly his hand stopped into my hairs. Then putting his frozen senses together he also whispered against my hairs. I could feel him smiling all the time.

"I love you more princess...!" and those were the last words I heard before he extended his arm and switched off the side lamp as well.

"Now go to sleep. We are going back home tomorrow...!" now this was the news for me.

"I didn't even do my packing....!" suddenly all the sleep was gone and my eyes widely opened. Groaning with irritation, manik pulled me back into his arms.

"You will get enough time for packing. Now let me have some rest. Its been days I couldn't sleep.....! With those lazy words he hugged me closer and after few minutes of utter silence, I was sure he was in deep sleep already. Pulling my head slowly little away from his chest, I kept drinking the beauty of his calm features.

"Happy birthday my beloved fiancé.....!" I whispered so quietly before placing a soft kiss against his lips. I gasped when his lips stretched into a soft smile. OMG was he awake.

"And that was sweetest wish my angel....!" Opening his sleepy eyes he mumbled tenderly. Though there wasn't any tease in his actions but still I felt my face heated up like he caught me red handed. Biting my lower lip to suppress my smile I once again buried my face into his broad chest. I inhaled his unique heady scent that always feel like home.

Clinging to him like a scared lonely child, I kept ensuring myself that it wasn't any dream. Don't know when a sweet heaviness tug at my eyelids and warmth of his body and softness of this bed started consuming me into deep peaceful slumber.

——————""""——————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

891K 38K 65
#14/10/2018__romance fanfiction #32 He always wanted more and when he wanted something he will have it by any means. Nothing could stop him when he...
4.9K 342 2
MaNan One Shot~ "His love for her is like a fire, burning hot with embers, only for her, He looks at her as if he wants to devour her, touches her a...
757K 31.4K 83
"Bhai stop it what are you doing? She's your wife" Mukti yelled at me. "But I don't want her, I never did neither I expected this to happen" I growle...
3.1K 675 37
Welcome to a world where admiration turns to hatred before blossoming into a deep and passionate love. Follow the journey of Nandhini as she navigate...