When He Calls My Name

Da PocketxKnife

A Xiao x Aether texting story (kinda)! (AU where texting exists lol) This will consist of Xiao and Aether's c... Altro

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52

39

1.5K 47 130
Da PocketxKnife

"Alright you first Aether," Xinyan says. "Truth or dare?"

"Let's start with truth," I say, rubbing my hands together like an evil fly.

Xinyan laughs. "Ah, so you like drama I see. Alright, let's see... Is it true that... you think Kaeya has a fat ass?"

I burst our laughing at that, as does she. "Uhhh...no, sorry Kaeya," I say. "It's pretty flat."

Kaeya's mouth drops. "Rude," he says. "My ass looks fat always." Xinyan, Kazuha and I all share another look, then die of laughter once again. "None of you guys have an ass I'd write home about either, just saying." The laughter stops and we all look at Kaeya in full offense.

"What the hell, Kaeya," I say. "This isn't about us."

"Yeah," Kazuha says. "I think Xinyan has a nice ass."

"Kazuha you're exposing yourself," I say.

"You know, Aether," Kazuha says softly, "sometimes the only way to truly unlock your potential is by becoming an open book. Allowing yourself the freedom to express can lead you down pathways you might have never dreamed to travel."

We all pause, blinking at the highly-relaxed anemo man rested on the floor as he smiles at Xinyan.

"A-anyways," Xinyan says, "Uh, Aether, since you went, now you can pick who's next."

I turn to my right. "Xiao," I smirk. "Truth or dare?"

"Whaaa—" he says, looking completely out of it. I can't help but laugh, wrapping my arms around him and falling over him once more.

"Truth or dare baby?"

"Oh, um... dare?" Xiao slurs.

"Ooo feeling adventurous I see." I pause, thinking. "Alright, I dare you to call Childe and tell him you got someone pregnant."

"What?!" Xiao looks at me confused. "Pregnant? How can I get you pregnant?"

"It's just jokes babes," I say. "You have to convince him that you got someone pregnant."

"Okay." Xiao whips out his phone, and we all giggle and lean in to get a good listen. He clicks on the contact, and we sit on the edge of our seats as it rings.

"Yo," Childe answers pretty quickly.

"Um..." Xiao looks at me, and I signal rapidly with my hands for him to keep going. "I'm pregnant." I roll my eyes, lifting my hands in the air, but quickly have to hold in an explosion of laughter. Kaeya shushes me, his own hand over his mouth to hold it in.

"... Huh?" Childe says.

"I mean I got someone pregnant..." Xiao slurs. "What does this...what do I do?"

"Are you drunk?" Childe says. "You're definitely drunk. Where are you? Do you need me to pick you up?"

"What?" Xiao says. "No." He hangs up quickly, and the four of us finally release our chaotic laughter, falling over one another. Xiao frowns, looking at us all with confusion. "I don't get it."

I attempt to pull myself together again, placing a hand on his thigh. "I love you," I say. "Okay okay, your turn baby. Pick someone to do a truth or dare."

Xiao's eyes struggle to focus, but they go across to the man seated on the chair. "Kaeya," he slurs. "Truth or dare?"

"Hmm," Kaeya pokes at his lip. "Truth." My body tenses at his choice, and suddenly the room goes cold and I no longer feel the urge to laugh.

"Do you have a crush on Aether?"

"Xiao, come on..." I say.

"No," Xiao slurs, "let him answer."

Kaeya eyes my boyfriend, then me. He shifts in his seat a bit, and the silence kills me a little more each second. "He is very attractive," he finally speaks. "I love him, but I wouldn't go there."

"You love him?" Xiao says, sitting up a bit more.

"Baby, stop trying to start a fight," I say. "You promised."

"I'm not."

"Alright," Kaeya interrupts, "Xiao, truth or dare?"

"...Truth."

"You've been staring at me since you've got here," Kaeya says. "Do you like what you see?" Kaeya smirks, looking Xiao up and down, and something about that interaction.....now I'm the one feeling awkward. My eyes dart between the both of them. What makes it worse is that Xiao's face goes bright red at his words, and his brows crease so intensely I'm afraid they'll rip off.

"N-no!" Xiao says, crossing his arms. "No way!"

"Can I go?" Kazuha says quickly, raising his hand. "Kaeya, I dare you to kiss Xiao." Kazuha smiles at Kaeya, clearly reading the wrong side of the room.

"Kazuha..." Xinyan says, nudging him and giving him the cut it out hand.

"It's romantic," Kazuha says. "Look, he's blushing. I think he would love a kiss. I think it would bring him joy."

"Shut it!" Xiao says. "I... I don't want a kiss from anyone but Aether."

I sit awkwardly beside him, trying my best to look unbothered by the situation.

"It's a dare," Kazuha says. "Everyone knows you have to commit to a dare." He stands up and grabs Xiao's arm, before gently pushing him into Kaeya with a smile. "Kiss guys. It's okay."

Kaeya eyes my boyfriend, and Xiao stands there for a second, before he's grabbed by the shoulders and pulled in for a peck. Xiao's eyes widen and once let go, he immediately stumbles backward, face still a tomato.

"See?" Kazuha says, "the tension has already been eased. The aura in the room has definitely shifted. Sometimes a little love goes a long way."

"Oh Kazuha..." Xinyan whispers. "I think you caused tension elsewhere now." She gestures toward me, as I sit in the same spot playing with my hands quietly, not sure where to look. I didn't think something like that would bother me, but... fuck, it's pissed me off something mad. I'm not sure if I'm more mad at what happened, Kazuha, or one of my best friends kissing my boyfriend. Sure, it was just a peck, but... damn, I'm fuming.

"Are you alright, Aether?" Kaeya says. "Too far, is it..?"

"No," I say, not looking at him, eyes trying to find a place to land. "I'm fine." I don't know why I lie. Usually I'd be straight forward, but I guess I just don't want to be the one to ruin the mood...

Fuck it.

"Actually, yeah," I say. "That wasn't cool. I'll try to just chalk it up to the fact that we're all pretty fucked up right now, but he said he didn't want to kiss you. So why would you do it anyway? And Kazuha, I expected more from you."

"Whoa," Kazuha says. "I'm sorry, I wouldn't have done anything to upset you intentionally, Aether... I just sensed the tension, and I believe that love can bring people together. I kiss my friends all the time."

"You what?" Xinyan says.

"I'm sorry," Xiao says, placing his head in his hands. I shake my head, wrapping an arm around him and rubbing his back.

"You have nothing to be sorry about," I say. "You're the victim here."

Kaeya looks down, guilt pretty evident on his usually smug face. "I apologize, Xiao," he says. "You... I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable."

Xiao runs his hands down his face, avoiding my eyes. He takes in a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "I... let it happen."

I turn to him, taking my hand off his back. "Huh?"

"I said I let it happen," Xiao repeats. "I could have easily...fought my way back to the bed, but...when he paused to make sure it was okay, I gave him a look."

"A look?" My tone is peppered in betrayal.

He nods slowly, putting his head back in his hands. "I'm sorry..." he slurs. "I just... wanted you to see how it feels."

"Huh?" I shake my head in confusion.

"Venti is an old friend of mine," he says. "You kissed him at that party. I didn't say anything, but it's been bothering me."

"So you kiss my friend as revenge?!" I say.

"I...just thought it was an opportunity to show you what it felt like, but I realized it was wrong too late."

"I thought we squashed that," I say. "It's not my fault you're holding onto past problems and not telling me how you feel about them! What the hell?"

"I'm sorry."

"No, save it Xiao," I say, standing up. "If this is how our relationship is—playing who can hurt who the most, and when we're at our strongest someone's gotta plot revenge on past mistakes—then I don't want it. You can go fucking snog Kaeya's face off for all the shits I give. I'm done with this."

"No, Aether, stop!" Xiao grabs my arm, panic plastered across his face. "Please stop, don't leave me! Please, I'm sorry, I need you... I really really need you!"

"Fuck off of me." I yank my arm away. "You should've thought about that before you went and kissed my friend."

I take my pride, holding back any tears desperately clawing at my eyelids, and storm for the door.
——————————————————————
TO BE CONTINUED (thought it was past time to make you guys suffer again ✌️)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

85.3K 3.4K 100
Figuring out what feelings really mean is difficult. Especially for those who were never born with them. Xiao and Aether embark together on a journey...
67.9K 1.4K 25
Drawn to Xiao and not knowing why.. Everyone has left him, leaving him to have no care whatsoever. His pain is forever and he will always endure it...
93.1K 1.6K 19
so like this is my first time writing anything like this and its obvi Xiao x Abyss Aether. Top Aether. Some smut
23.5K 834 30
Finished! The art on the cover is of my creation, please do not use it. "He would do anything what's in his power to protect traveler, even if it me...