cherry blossom || extraordina...

By GEMOfTheNight

"Just like cherry blossoms, our life here is short yet beautiful, brief but memorable." MAEHWA was their begi... More

one: plum blossom
two: begonias
three: magnolia
four: white roses
five: gardenia
six: edelweiss
seven: calla lily
eight: forget me not
nine: marigold
ten: valerian
eleven: white clover
twelve: hyssop
thirteen: balloon flower
fourteen: blue salvia
fifteen: camellia
sixteen: pink azalea
seventeen: red tulip
eighteen: purple lilacs
nineteen: tansy
twenty: hyacinth
twenty one: freesias
twenty two: bluebells
twenty three: chrysanthemum
twenty four: cyclamen
twenty five: bleeding hearts
twenty six: honeysuckle
twenty seven: heliotrope
twenty eight: amaryllis
thirty: cherry blossom

twenty nine: queen of the night

879 36 1
By GEMOfTheNight

━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━
she who enjoyed the small moments
━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━

🌸🌸🌸

Hana went to the hospital, and ignored Kyung as she ran past him in the hallway. She rushed inside Dan Oh's hospital room to find Haru sobbing beside Dan Oh's bed. Hana glanced at the monitor, where all of Dan Oh's vitals were flatlines. She let out a loud gasp as her vision blurred with tears.

"No, it can't be! Dan Oh!" she cried out sadly and rush to Haru's side and grabbed her cold limp hand from Haru. "Eun Dan Oh!"

"Hana."

Haru grabbed Hana's shoulders and gently pulled her away from Dan Oh's lifeless body.

"Hana, a stage is starting soon."

Hana shakes her head and looked at Haru, heartbroken. "Once a stage starts, the Dan Oh we know and love is gone. She'll be back as a mere character in the comic world, unaware."

page flipping...

Stage Hana found herself walking towards the cafeteria. She noticed Jinmichae up ahead carrying two boxes full of vegetables and smiled.

'Why am I in a stage with Jin Mi?'

Hana rushed towards Jinmichae and grabbed the box on top the one he was carrying. "Let me help you."

Jinmichae looked at her, surprised. "Miss Hana, thank you." he said and smiled, but he was mentally confused. 'Hana and I in a stage. That's strange.'

Hana and Jinmichae entered the cafeteria and Jinmichae placed the box he was holding on the counter before turning to Hana and grabbed her box and accidentally held her hand.

Hana and Jinmichae gasped in surprise and looked longingly at each other as they heard the closing of a book. They looked away from each other and Jinmichae took Hana's box from her and placed it on the counter.

"What was that?" Hana asked and glanced at Jinmichae.

Jinmichae shakes his head. "I don't know. The story is about to end, so why did the writer give us a stage?"

"Maybe you and I made a big impression on the writer?" Hana asked and chuckled in amusement. "Well, we were drawn again after our first manhwas."

Jinmichae looked at her and smiled softly. "Maybe we did. Maybe that's why the writer gave us a stage at the last minute." he said, grabbing Secret from the counter and flipped the few blank pages. "We only have a few scenes left. The writer is about to wrap up Secret and this world."

Hana smiled. "Then, we just have to make the most the little time we have left."

🌸🌸🌸

Hana watched as Haru tried making Dan Oh remember him, doing the same things that Dan Oh did when Haru lost his memory, putting himself in her path whenever possible, introducing himself every time they talk, and repeatedly doing everything they did before, making Dan Oh confused.

Hana saw how Haru tried so hard to be as cheerful as Dan Oh was before, but she never missed the sorrow in his eyes every time Dan Oh ignored him. She sighed sadly and looked down as she heard a flip of a page.

page flipping...

"Siu Hana!"

Stage Hana looked up in surprise and saw Dan Oh standing in front of her with a happy smile on her face. 'That smile isn't Dan Oh's. It's her character's smile. I miss you, Eun Dan Oh.' she thought sadly and forced out a smile. "Dan Oh, congratulations with your engagement with Kyung! You waited so long, and he finally reciprocated your feelings. I'm so happy for you!"

Hana clapped excitedly and embraced a smiling Dan Oh. When she heard the sound of a book closing, she pulled away from Dan Oh and looked at her with teary eyes.

"Eun Dan Oh."

Dan Oh looked at her, confused. "Hana? Why are you crying? Are you that happy for me?" she asked and chuckled. "Don't worry, Do Hwa will surely like you back."

🌸🌸🌸

Do Hwa happily entered the library and saw Jinmichae reading Secret. He smiled as he walked closer to him.

"I like that this is a romance comic. At least nobody dies." he heard Jinmichae mumble.

Do Hwa sat beside him. "What are you doing here? What are you reading?" he asked and Jinmichae looked at him. "Look at you. You're an ardent fan, aren't you?"

Jinmichae stared blankly at him, Do Hwa ignored him and grabbed the manhwa from him.

"You read this illogical and ridiculous story again and again." he said and flipped the few blank pages.

Jinmichae frowned at him. "You're here again. Could you please stop---"

Do Hwa smiled and nudged his arm. "Come on. I know you're happy to see me." he teased and Jinmichae narrowed his eyes at him. "I give the writer props for curing Dan Oh. If it was that easy to cure her, why did she have to be in pain the past decade?"

Jinmichae let out a light laugh. "Is that really the question you wanted to ask?"

Do Hwa's smile disappeared and sighed heavily. "If it's that easy for the writer to change something, why can't Hana and I be together?" he asked and smiled sadly. "Are we actually that ill-fated? Don't we have our own happy ending?"

Jinmichae's experssion softened as he looked at him. "Anything can change, Secret isn't over yet." he said and placed a comforting hand on Do Hwa's shoulder. "I think you both are luckier than others. You both feel the same way, and you're both aware."

Do Hwa looked at him sadly. "You really liked Hana. Even in this manhwa, you're still protecting her." he said as Jinmichae looked at him. "I love Hana. Just like what Haru is doing, I will follow my heart, no matter the consequences. You'll do anything for the person you love, right?"

Jinmichae's eyes widen and smiled in defeat. 'Hana loves you as much as you love her. While I was scared and cowering away to protect her, you stood tall and brave.'

🌸🌸🌸

Hana saw Dan Oh standing under the 300 year old tree and noticed Sae Mi running away sobbing while Soo Chul ran after her. She looked confused at Sae Mi and turned around to find Nam Ju and Joo Da smiling happily together.

"Oh Nam Ju take care of Yeo Joo Da." she mumbled and walked towards Dan Oh.

"Can you believe how old this tree is?"

Dan Oh turned and saw Hana standing beside her while looking up at the tree.

"In another world, this tree watched two people from different social status, fall in love. In another story, it watched two people die because they fell in love. In the present, it's watching two people survive their unsure story." Hana said and looked at Dan Oh, who stared at her in confusion. "This tree has seen everything. It's best if you hide and not be seen, right?"

"Living the same life people live, hiding among other students isn't fun." Dan Oh said, shaking her head and looked up at the tree. "I must find my own meaning of my life. This is my life."

Hana smiled softly. "My own meaning of life? It depends on whom you live your life with." she said and looked up at the tree. "I lived my life with the same person since the beginning. How about you, Dan Oh? Does the meaning of your life have to do with Baek Kyung?"

Dan Oh smiled happily. "Of course." she said as her smile disappeared, making Hana hopeful. "Probably."

"It's either you know it, or dont, Dan Oh. Probably isn't an answer." Hana said and looked back at her. "What do you think is the writer planning for our ending?"

Dan Oh stared at her in confusion. "Writer?"

"At first, I was scared about the consequences when we changed the story. I never liked my set up, but I have to protect my secret. When it was out in the open, I was hopeful, maybe I can change the story, despite what the writer was planning." Hana said and smiled sadly. "Now, I just want to be happy with the love of my life no matter what happens next."

"What do you mean?" Dan Oh asked, confused.

Hana looked up and saw a leaf falling down from the tree. She reached a hand towards it as it fell on her palm.

"Just like you don't know which leaf will fall next, there are no rules in this world as well." she said as she grabbed Dan Oh's hand and placed the leaf on her palm. "As long as you love each other, you can overcome anything."

Hana heard a flip of a page and smiled happily at Dan Oh. "I know you'll remember us, especially Haru."

page flipping...

Stage Hana was sitting under the 300 year old tree as she quietly cried.

'Why in the world am I crying all of a sudden? What's the writer even trying to do with me?'

She looked up when she heard rushing footsteps and saw Do Hwa panting in front of her. She mentally rolled her eyes, realizing what the writer was planning to do.

'My character is going to get her heart broken for the nth time, isn she? How cruel. I pity myself.'

"Do Hwa." she sobbed quietly.

Do Hwa took his handkerchief from his pocket and went to sit beside her. He gently wiped her tears and smiled softly.

"Even when you cry, why are you still beautiful?"

Hana and Do Hwa mentally grimaced in disgust. 'What was that?! That was so cheesy!'

Do Hwa gently cupped Hana's face with his hands. "Stop crying, it hurts when I see you cry." he said sadly.

Hana looked at him in surprise. "Lee Do Hwa, what are you---"

Do Hwa smiled affectionately. "Siu Hana, I'm sorry it took so long for me to realize. Thank you for waiting for me."

'Wait a minute!'

Hana and Do Hwa stared lovingly at each other as they heard a flip of a page.

page flipping...

Stage Hana was walking with Joo Da towards the school gate, late in the afternoon.

"Joo Da, if Nam Ju is giving you trouble, don't hesitate to tell me. I'll teach him a lesson." Hana said and hugged Joo Da's arm.

Joo Da chuckled and nodded. "You've been my guardian angel since the day I transferred here. I'm so happy we became friends, Hana." she said and smiled happily.

Hana smiled. "No, thank you for transferring here. If you hadn't, I wouldn't know how to keep Nam Ju in check." she said and stopped walking as she grabbed Joo Da's hands. "Thank you, Yeo Joo Da. Thank you, because of you, Oh Nam Ju changed for the better."

Hana and Joo Da smiled at each other and heard the sound of a book closing.

"See you until the story is over, Joo Da." Hana said and Joo Da nodded, smiling.

The two friends bid each other farewell. Joo Da walked out of the school gate while Hana turned around to walked back to school.

"Hana!"

Hana smiled when she saw Do Hwa running towards her. "Do Hwa, you're still here?" she asked.

Do Hwa stood in front of her, panting. "I was waiting for you to finish your stage with Joo Da. I wanted to hang out with you." he said and held his hand out.

Hana smiled happily and grabbed his hand. "Let's go."

Hana and Do Hwa walked around school, their hands intertwined and stood at the school's skywalk, looking up at the darkened sky.

"What do you think will happen after all of this is over? Will we still remember what happened here in the next world?" Hana asked in concern.

Do Hwa looked at her with determined eyes. "We will remember. We remembered Maehwa and Trumpet Creeper, didn't we? There are things that even the writer can't control." he assured.

Hana smiled in relief as she turned around and her eyes widen in horror. "However, the writer controls this world." she said and pulled Do Hwa's blazer to get his attention.

Do Hwa turned around and his eyes widen as he and Hana stared at the large black hole in front of them. Do Hwa looked away as he grabbed Hana's hand and dragged her away from the black hole.

Hana and Do Hwa panted as they sat on the bench, overlooking the school field.

"Yes, you're right that the writer has control over this world and the story, but not our feelings." Do Hwa said and looked lovingly at Hana. "Siu Hana, I really liked you a lot, in the stage and in the shadow."

Hana's heart fluttered as her eyes widen and looked at him in shock. "Do Hwa...."

Do Hwa chuckled and gently cupped her face with his hands. "That confession shouldn't surprise you anymore. I've always liked you, wait, no. That wasn't right." he said and shakes his head, making Hana frown.

Do Hwa leaned his face close to Hana's. "I love you, Hana, in the stage and in the shadow."

Hana's smiled happily as her eyes blurred with tears. "Do Hwa, I've always loved you, and always will, even how many lifetimes we have."

Siu Hana and Lee Do Hwa stared at each other with so much love in their eyes. Do Hwa leaned down and his lips met Hana's. Despite everything, their love was never lost, it only got stronger.

Maybe, just maybe, they could have their happy ending.

🌸🌸🌸

Hana and Do Hwa tightly held each other's hand as they walked towards the 300 year old tree. Their eyes widen when they saw Dan Oh and Haru tightly embracing each other.

Their eyes widen and their jaw dropped in shock, realizing their Dan Oh was back. They turned to look at each other and smiled happily.

Do Hwa wrapped his arms around Hana and embraced her tightly. "After the suffering Haru endured, Dan Oh finally came back." he mumbled happily.

Hana nodded in agreement and tightly wrapped her arms around him. "Our dear Dan Oh is back. Haru did it." she said and glanced behind Do Hwa to find a brokenhearted Kyung looking at Dan Oh and Haru.

'Baek Kyung?'

🌸🌸🌸

Hana and Do Hwa sat beside each other as they stared at Jinmichae carrying two large lunchbox and placed it in front of them. They went to visit Jinmichae in the cafeteria, but as soon as they arrived, Jinmichae forced them to sit and wait.

"Jin Mi, what are you doing?" Hana asked in confusion.

Jinmichae happily removed the lunch boxes one by one, revealing different kinds of main dish and side dishes. Hana and Do Hwa gasped in shock as they stared at the amount of food Jinmichae prepared.

"You want us to eat everything here?" Hana asked and Jinmichae smiled at her as he nodded.

Do Hwa grinned at Jinmichae. "Should I call you older brother now?" he asked.

Jinmichae's smile disappeared as he turned to him. "Dig in."

Do Hwa ignored how his smile disappeared when he talked to him. He shrugged and turned to Hana, smiling.

"Here."

Do Hwa took Hana's chopsticks and grabbed some stir-fried dried squid and placed it on top of her rice before handing her chopsticks back. Hana smiled gratefully at him then to Jinmichae, who was looking at them with sadness in his eyes.

"Jin Mi, thank you for the food!" Hana said happily as she brought a spoonful of rice and stir-fried dried squid to her mouth.

Do Hwa smiled fondly at Hana before looking at Jinmichae. "Why are you so being nice? Especially to me?" he asked in confusion.

Jinmichae sat across from them and smiled sadly. "Since we don't have much time left, I'll be allowed to spend a bit of time with you both, right?" he said and stared at Hana and Do Hwa as if they were Chun Hwa and Do Yun. "My younger brother and the woman I married in Trumpet Creeper."

Hana and Do Hwa glanced knowingly at each other as they stood up and walked behind Jinmichae to embraced him.

"You were my brother Jinmichae before we fought over Chun Hwa." Do Hwa said and grinned at him. "And, you know what? You still are."

Hana nodded happily. "Jin Mi, despite what happened in the past, we're family. You, Do Hwa and I."

Jinmichae's eyes blurred with tears as he let Hana and Do hwa embraced him tightly. 'I wish you both for your happy ending.'

🌸🌸🌸

Hana and Do Hwa happily walked inside their class, but abruptly stopped when they heard their classmates wondering why they couldn't remember some of their classmates, who didn't come to class.

Hana's eyes widen in horror realizing that it was starting. The story was about to end, and characters, who have nothing more to add to the story have begun to disappear.

'One by one, characters are disappearing because the writer has no use of them anymore.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 90 35
A basic love story with a tragic ending. Two boys fall in love with each other, but one of them had a life changing secret.
19K 313 48
Tae and Jungkook are telling how they fell in love and had to hide their love. The story is a fanfiction, but with chronological moments that truly h...
4M 143K 44
You never realize how special your purity is until you lose it. |♕| Editing |♕| 18+ Content. |♕| Complete. |♕| Cover created by @lantic ♡ |ψ|Sorry...
52.2K 1.8K 12
well.... description is already said in the title (・∀・)