Justice or Destiny

By zainee72

"Let go of me...!" she said struggling in his painful grip at her wrists, he pinned at her back. "Then stay... More

prologue
Character sketch
Part_1
Part_2
Part_3
Part_4
Part_5
Part_6
Part_7
Part_8
Part_9
Part_10
Part_12
Part_13
Part_14
Part_15
Part_16
Part_17
Part_18
Part_19
Part_20
Part_21
Part_22
Part_23
Part_24
Part_25
Part_26
Part_27
Part_28
Part_29
Part_30
Part_31
Part_32
Part_33
Part_34
Part_35
Part_36
Part_37
Part_38
Part_39
Part_40
Part_41

Part_11

506 47 10
By zainee72

He was wearing handsfree and placing one knee at other leg he was busy at his mobile. Then suddenly he looked up and I definitely saw his eyes opened little wide. But May be it was a figment of my subconscious mind  because in the blink of eye, a stoned face Manik Malhotra staring back completely expressionless . Holding my long gown little up I took few steps inside.

"Ummm where is Abhimanyu....!" I asked him, while looking around. He pulled the handsfree out of his ears and his brows shot up with such arrogance that I regretted for asking him. His lips set into thin line and dark eyes got narrowed at me. 

"You asked me something.....?" he asked bitterly, looking left and right like making sure, was there any one else around him or not. I rolled my eyes at his such dramatic response. His only presence in the room had my heart dissolving in dread.

"I said where is Abhi....?" this time I rasped through gritted teeth. My hatred towards him always inflaming to its edges, completely ready to flood out. His neutral expressions wore off, replaced by cold rage that rose from deep within him. I waited for his reply in tense silence, but his response filled me with more annoyance.

"I think I'm not his personal guard....!" his words hit me hard and I blinked, eyes glazing over him in disbelief. Moving my eyes at other side, I decided to wait for Abhi instead of banging my head with this mountain of arrogance. Entirely ignoring my presence, once again he got busy in his mobile. I hate myself, for giving him such power to piss me off with simple few words.

I kept standing there, ignoring the uneven beat of my heart and impatiently waiting for Abhi. Standing at front of such big-headed man, wearing wedding dress and doing nothing was making me ache in my own anxiety. He don't even know the 'M' of manners. Can't he offer his seat to a lady who's legs are getting numb while wearing high heels and heavy dress.

"Nandni where are the boys....?" julia asked looking between me and manik but he didn't feel necessary to even look up. I just shrugged my shoulders to show her that I wasn't even aware. She left without saying further.

After waiting almost 15 minutes I started feeling bad for Julia who must be waiting in next room for me to come back and give the final say. How Abhi can do this to me. First Aanya and now him. Both pushing me into this mess, themselves God knows where are at the moment. 

I built up the slightest bit of courage to look at Manik again. I crossed my fingers at my back and decided to ask him something that I never thought in my nightmares I would do.

"Hi....!" I said while stopping few feet away from Manik. I couldn't believe that I was talking to him until pair of dark eyes locked on me. This time flash of irritation was more visible on his features, his brows furrowed deeper. Clearing my throat, I blurted.

"Ummm, is my dress ok. I mean I don't know about dresses and it's first time. Actually julia asked me to have other's opinion too....!" I was blabbering like a fool. His thick long lashes crouched over darkening eyes. I shook my head silently knowingly how pathetic it sounded. He going to kill me surely.

He gawked back at me as his eyes hungrily ran down my body and then again back up towards my eyes. I swallowed, feeling a different sensation storming inside me.

"Placing his mobile at couch he stood up. Taking small steps he stopped closer. Even after wearing heels, still easily towering over me. I could even inhale his scent, causing Goosebumps to erupt down my whole body. The look he gave me, made me want to crawl back into try room but it was too late.

"Do I look like any dress designer, who knows what is good in this freaking ugly dress....!" my eyes popped out and felt like my heart completely came to halt inside my chest. He called this dress ugly. Was he really serious. I don't know when my wish to punch him, will be fulfilled.

Suddenly my eyes moved down and ran at every inch of this beautiful piece of fabric. No way. Not even a blind person may call this dress ugly. May be its not looking good at me but I'm sure dress was most beautiful piece of this shop.

Greeting my teeth with pure abhorrence I looked up towards him. Before I could say he once again proved how I made huge mistake to ask him about this dress. I was trying hard to control my nerving breaths that his words caused.

"By the way whatever you wear, it will look same at you....!" He couldn't be saying that. Looking at my shocked face, he shrugged like it was most obvious thing I should know already. He smirked once again and for the first time, along pure anger I felt little conscious about my figure.

"What was that supposed to mean....!" I retorted, growing defensive. I probably was an idiot for provoking him to say more nasty comments at me but I couldnt just stand there and let him have upper hand.

"Are you seriously that dumb. I mean didn't you look at yourself in the mirror.....!" disgust in his tone proved his words, causing unwanted waves of anger to ripple throughout my body.

I know he have some serious problem with me but I couldn't help feeling uncomfortable about my appearance. As long as I know my body shape was the one thing, I always proud of.

I cursed my unfortunate to bring me at such situation when I thought I  could have Manik malhotra's opinion. Veins in my head already throbbing with pain and anger. And now I wanted to confront Abhi. Who called me here and himself got disappeared.

"You know what, I don't know why Abhi brought you here when you are nothing to any use. Why don't you go back home and let the air of this shop be little less suffocating....!" I hit back instantly, anger towards this man bubbling up already.

In response he gave me most irritating smirk. It's just everything getting underneath my skin. I would never understand that what's his problem. I never get bothered when other people dislike me but I don't know why I can't ignore him.

Stuffing his both hands inside his pockets, he kept looking into my furious eyes. Once again his eyes moved down at me and I almost flinched unconsciously. His eyes were touching every inch of my body seamlessly. I wish I would have been wrapped my duppatta around myself instead of throwing at shoulder.

I wished this dress at least could have so many buttons at my neck line so that I could close them till my chin and could feel less bare to his eyes. Why he was staring at me, that too so openly. Sometimes his confidence makes me scared.

"Go back, and ask that juliet, julia, jewly whatever she is, to give you a dress according to you. I mean....!" nodding his head towards me, he purposely left his sentence incomplete. My whole body deflated at his mocking words. In that single moment I regretted for wearing this dress and coming out at front of him.

My mind started having huge battle. Was I looking too fat or was I looking too skinny. After roaming at my whole body his eyes returned back to mine. He smirked, like he could read uneasy feeling over my face. Was I really this much obvious. I clenched my both hands at my sides. My nerves were messily bundled up and I was doing my best to resist the urge to kill him.

"I hate the fact that deplorable person like you is here. A complete coward who feels pleasure in others humiliation......!" I knew staying silent and staying miles away from him would've been the better choice but his mere presence around me, manages to wind me up. His eyes immediately hardened. No hint of any smirk or mocking stares. Just pure anger.

"And I hate the fact that you are still alive. It would've been good if I had pushed you in that stream under the bridge. Even your father would have been thankful to get ride of you without any waste of money....!" His last line felt like a back hand across the face and that stung more than I thought it would.

Somehow his words were true, baba wanted to get free of my burden asap but listening those words loud, had cut my soul so deep. The pain I felt over the realization was beyond harrowing.

My hands began to shake, a nasty come back was ready on the tip of my tongue but that would make me stand for more few seconds here. And I don't want to see him any more, otherwise my windpipe will get squeezed completely. I needed air to breath. My jaw was clenched tightly, hating the fact that he had open access to my paining veins. I wanted to leave from there before anything else could come crashing down on me.

I spun on my heels to leave back into try-room when at the sound of few heavy steps, my eyes shifted at the entrance of that private room. There was Abhi, Ishan And Aanya. All of them looking at me with such confused eyes that I took a step back slowly. Looking at Abhi's little worried eyes, I felt my anger ran up higher into my fire-spiting orbs.

"If you didn't want to help me for choosing the dresses why you brought me here. I could do better alone than having useless idiots around me....!" I snapped at Abhi whike looking straight towards Manik who's smirk changed into deep scowl. At the other hand Abhi's eyes were little wide open, features slightly twisted in fear that may be he did something really wrong.

"I just want to get over with this stupid shopping thing as soon as possible....!" this time my voice wasn't angry anymore, it was defeated. After looking at Abhi's face I regretted for taking out my all anger and frustration at him. My exasperation was making my face and ears burning hot.

My eyes flickered between every person present in the room individually. All were looking at me like I have grown two horns over my blazing head. I felt embarrassed. Why I can't control my tongue. Always it slips at wrong timing and wrong person. Abhi was so shocked, looking at me totally speechless.

In one second Aanya was besides me. Her eyes filled with worry and concern. Taking a slow step towards me, she hugged me like I'm on the verge of breaking. I wrapped my arms around her tightly, reminding myself to breath deeply which I was holding back.

"I'm sorry, dadi Jan had appointment with doctor. I called Manik to send Abhi to pick me from clinic and Ishan went to drop dadi and Sameer at home.....!" as Aanya said, my blazing eyes unconsciously went towards Manik. That demon winked at me. He knew all the time, where Abhi went and he annoyed me to hell. I wish my eyes could throw daggers and tear him apart. I hate him.

"Thank God you are here I really needed you....!" why my stupid voice cracking slightly. Was I really this much frustrated to have someone besides me when I had only boys at the name of company. Don't they know for the shopping of wedding, I needed any girl. I needed my friends.

"Why wouldn't I come when my best friend needs me....!" she said politely like I'm having typical bride moment. Having Anxiety, nervousness, frustration yet at the end wanted every thing perfect. Don't you think, a friend in such messed up condition feels like a bliss.

"Wao you looking like a most gorgeous bridle in this dress....!" Aanya said while pulling little back and staring at me with most admirable sweet eyes. Bending my head down to look at my own self I gave perplexed smile.

"This dress is really looking beautiful at you....!" it was the first time, Ishan malhotra said something directly to me. Was I looking really this much vulnerable that all were trying to cheer me up. All the time Abhi standing at side just looking at me. I know, I really made him shocked.

"Thanks....!" I replied to Ishan and a genuine smile appeared at my face. My eyes moved towards Manik who was sitting back at the couch And his hands-free once again were plugged into his ears. The frost in his dark brown eyes gave me worst feelings. Now what I did. For a second I questioned my own self that how someone, so cold and arrogant like Manik Malhotra, could be part of such nice family. 

"I'm sorry we are already late. Let's go we will choose the best dresses....!" Aanya asked excitedly, as if her sixth-sense was saying that I was on the verge of crying. I smiled looking at her face and nodded my head in yes. Aanya got little relaxed after seeing me smiling again.

When my happy mood matters for someone then no one can ruin it and it's my promise to myself. I looked back towards Abhi, who was still looking at me, still features dripping with worrisome.

Before I could say anything to make Abhi sure that I wasn't angry at him Aanya dragged me towards the try room. I wanted to tell him that he wasn't at any fault, infect it was someone else who always put me on fire.

         ---------------

After half hour of trying so many dresses, I'm still not sure which one I'm gonna buy. I was sitting at couch, leaning my face into my hand. I was tired already.

"Nandni why we can't buy the first one, you were wearing outside when Abhi brought me here.....!" Aanya queried about the dress that Freaking malhotra called ugly. I was lost in my own thoughts when Aanya raised his brows in questioning style.

"I like that dress so much, but do you, ummm do you think it was looking ugly at me.....!" I asked Aanya, when I knew it that dress can't be ugly at any cost. I wanted to slap my own self for asking such stupid questions when I know already that his opinion doesn't matter.

"Are you serious. You hurting the poor dress....!" Aanya gasped like I insulted a holy thing after saying that dress ugly. I rolled my eyes at her over dramatic reaction.

"But Aanya I think it's showing so much at neck...!" Suddenly remembering Manik's stares at me, icy chills started wrapping around my body, and I could listen my own pulse into my ears.

"Nandni, it's showing just little bit of your sexy cleavage. Obviously you are a girl and have this killing figure which you always keep hidden from all admiring eyes. It's your wedding. You can't wear a tent at the name of dress....!" Aanya whisper-yelled at me, while sitting besides me. Finally she remembered that few men are in next room.

"Ok. Ok. Understood. Then it's final that dress is perfect for wedding because that's little heavy. Now for engagement I need slightly simple and decent. I would prefer a light colour....!" I said and Aanya had to sit up straight like she knew I needed absolutely all her attention to me. She nodded her head and after explaining to Julia, just within next few hours, we selected all the dresses, shoes and basic accessories.

            --------------

It was almost evening time when we were done with complete shopping. I started feeling a heavy burden when whole bill for my shopping have been paid already by Abhi. Being a student and part time employee, it was too much for him.

I tried hard to convince julia to make the bill separate for my things but she refused. When me and Aanya returned back, there were just Abhi and Ishan. Manik have left already. Looking at packed shopping bags, it was clear Abhi have completed his shopping as well.

"Guys everything is done now we can leave....!" Aanya said, her voice sounded little tired. Suddenly both boys twisted their faces towards us. I really smiled looking at Abhi's exhausted face. I saw relief in his eyes. Coming ahead Ishan took few shopping bags from Aanya's hands and started walking towards exit.

"Guys, me and Ishan will settle these bags into car you both come out then we can go to buy your rings....!" taking other bags from my hand Aanya also left, leaving me alone with Abhi. As both siblings left Abhi came towards me.

"I'm sorry I left without informing you. It's just I needed to pick Aanya. I shouldn't have left but I could feel, you needed her. I'm really sorry....!" His voice was quiet apologetic. I saw nothing but just truth in his eyes. Recalling everything I just said to him, I felt bad. It was strange, in a sweet way. How he was still concerned about me when it was me who was rude.

"Don't be sorry. It's me who should apology. So I'm really sorry for snapping at you without knowing where and why you went....!" I said firmly, my every word was truthful. Genuinely I apologised to him.

"Shhh. Enough of sorries. Let's go let me buy you a beautiful ring.....!" Abhi smiled and placing his hand at my back, he guided me towards exit.

           --------------

After two more hectic hours, car stopped at front of Malhotra mansion. As gate was opened car entered into long drive way in the huge grassy yard. I thought driver will drop me at home but why we all are here. Before I could ask Aanya she slipped out of the car.

"I think it's quite late, I should go home. Baba must be waiting....!" I said still sitting inside when three of them were out of car and waiting for me to come out as well. All looked at each other having suspicious smiles, like they know something what I don't.

"Nandni I will see you inside....!" saying that Aanya left with Ishan once again leaving me with Abhi alone. Taking a defeated sigh I came out of car and stood besides him. I remained silent, waiting for him to elaborate, why he brought me here instead of dropping at my own home.

"I have a surprise for you. Just be ready and at night Aanya will take you somewhere.....!" I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. Where he is taking me and how could I go with him without asking baba.

"And don't worry about baba I took permission already. Now you go inside and I'm also leaving for my home. See you later....!" Abhi explained, like reading my thoughts already. His hopeful eyes sparkling bright with some strange emotions, I couldn't recognise them.

Without asking further I went inside. Before placing foot at the entrance of living room I wanted to forget that one specific person of this house, made my day most horrible. Because at the end of this night, I just wanted to remember one thing. Tonight Abhi planned something special for me and nothing else matters any more.

                      ——————""""""——————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 1.5K 9
He was the strictest Dom, loves to control women and she was a free bird, didn't like to be controlled by anybody. He was into the BDSM and she hate...
909K 57.4K 64
INTRODUCING Manik malhotra~asias no.1 youngest business tycoon..age 26 yrs..winning businessman of the year awards frm past 3 yrs..mood switches...so...
834K 47.6K 60
Please let me go my papa will be panic, Manik I will talk to him, see he knows that you are my first choice I will convince him please if you want co...
891K 38K 65
#14/10/2018__romance fanfiction #32 He always wanted more and when he wanted something he will have it by any means. Nothing could stop him when he...