Demon: Book 1

By varzanic

-Demon Series: Book 1- Aden Perri has problems. The last day of school his girlfriend calls it quits... More

Demon Information: eBook
Demon Information: Print
Chapter 1: Asexual
Chapter 2: I Hate Dogs
Chapter 3: Summer Job
Chapter 4: The Wonders of Mother Nature
Chapter 5: Cleaning Duty
Chapter 6: Pitch Black
Chapter 7: He's Definitely Different
Chapter 8: Boundaries, or Lack There Of...
Chapter 9: An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 10: Two wolves
Chapter 11: Confession
Chapter 12: My Territory
Chapter 13: Party Mishaps
Chapter 14: Denial
Chapter fifteen: Simply Follow
Chapter 16 His Many Forms
Chapter 17: Super Spit
Chapter 18: You Can't Come
Chapter 19 Marked as Mine
Chapter 20: Warning
Chapter 21: Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 22: Caught in the Act
Chapter 23: Doors Remain Open
Chapter 24: A White Lie
Chapter 25: No Boys
Chapter 26: Final Hour
Chapter 27: Northern Rocky Ridge
Chapter 28: Treasure Trove of Junk
Chapter 29: Engagement
Chapter 30: The Note
Chapter 31: The Grove
Chapter 32: Failing
Chapter 33: My List of Problems
Chapter 34: Soggy Lunch
Chapter 35: A Picture
Chapter 36: No Sex
Chapter 37: Cell Phone
Chapter 38: Lesson Learned
Chapter 39: Brutal Honesty
Chapter 40: A Ticket
Chapter 41: Conflicting Advice
Chapter 42: Base Acid
Chapter 43: A Flat Lip and a Black Eye
Chapter 44: Eating Our Vegetables
Chapter 45: I Never Said
Chapter 46: Mom's in Charge
Chapter 47: Dinner with the Enemy
Chapter 48: Thanksgiving Horrors
Chapter 49: Just Facts
Chapter 50: You're Grounded
Chapter 51: Just a Few Adjustments
Chapter 52: The Perfect Sub
Chapter 53: Frozen Waterfalls
Chapter 54: Orange Juice
Chapter 55: Happy Birthday
Chapter 56 Date Night
Chapter 57: Late
Chapter 58: Hunting Down Titus
Chapter 59: Because of Me
Chapter 60: It's Just Pretend
Chapter 61: Flattery
Chapter 62: Touchy at Times
Chapter 63: True Form
Chapter 64: Tomorrow After School
Chapter 65: Hunters
Chapter 66: Shots Fired
Chapter 68: Water Falls Moments
Chapter 69: Full Moon
First Proof: Demon in Print

Chapter 67: Overbearing In-Laws

51.3K 2.8K 791
By varzanic

Chapter 67

Overbearing In-Laws

The ATV bounced along the dirt road back toward the cave. Darius had gone ahead and returned with it, while the rest of us helped Titus's to the nearest road. I sat in the back seat with him, cradling his head on my shoulder. A blanket lay over his bruised and battered body. The extent of his injuries were more prominent in human form. Darius and the alpha were in the front seat.

"Did you tell my parents?" I asked.

Darius glanced over his shoulder at me. "They're waiting at the cave with Rose and Storm." He smiled at me. "Your mother going to beat your ass."

I glared at him and looked away sharply. The red haired man only laughed at me.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I looked between the pair. "What are you going to do about Chris?"

"We don't tolerate hunters," stated Xavier. "It's in our agreement with the human that we have the right to protect our pack from all threats."

"Are you going to kill him?" I said softly.

"He'll be dealt with," said the alpha, "once we find him."

We traveled slowly along the road. The parking area came into view ahead of us. My parents were standing there with a lantern. I took in a deep breath and prepared for their reactions. It wasn't going to be good.

Xavier parked the vehicle.

Titus started to stir and opened his eyes. "Are we there?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Aden Perri," stated my mother.

I cringed, and Titus started to chuckle.

"I think you're grounded."

Rolling my eyes, I sighed. "Me too."

Darius came to help his brother. I stepped out of the ATV and gave my parents a forced smile. My mother charged.

She grabbed me and hugged me tightly. "You're in so much trouble. Are you hurt?" Stepping back, she scanned my clothes.

I shook my head. "Titus healed it. Most of it isn't mine."

Shaking her head, she took a moment to compose herself. "Do you know how worried I was to find that note and know you were with Chris. Do you have no sense?" she exclaimed, pressed her lips into a thin line. "After everything that horrid boy has put you through, you're dumb enough to get in his truck."

"I thought I could fix it." I shrugged, rubbed my upper arm. "I know what I did was stupid." My eyes wandered to Titus as he limped toward the cave. "It was really stupid."

Any anger in her expression was gone when she noticed me starting to become emotional. She hugged me again, and my father joined us.

"I'm sorry." I quickly cleared my eyes, before anyone saw.

With a sigh, my mother grabbed my hand. "What's done, is done. Learn what you can from it and let's move on."

I nodded.

"Alright, let's go inside. It's still far too cold to be standing out here." She led the way to the cave. We walked back to the alpha's room. Titus was taken to an attached bedroom. We sat down on the piles of furs. I leaned into my mom's side as everyone in the room took a moment for the night's events to settle.

"You clearly know your grounded, right Aden?" said my mother.

"Yeah," I muttered.

"To what extent, I'll let Xavier decided."

I flinched at the name and glanced at the alpha. He looked just as surprised.

My mother sat up straight. "The weddings not far off. He'll be under your care soon enough."

Groaning, I hid my face in her shoulder. "I'll never be considered an adult."

"You never think a damn thing through, so it's your own fault. This werewolf thing turned out far better than I could have planned."

I gave her a confused expression. "You swore."

"The occasion called for it sweetheart," she patted my leg. "I had a lot of pent of emotion the last couple of hours. I need to get some of it out." She cleared her throat. "So Xavier, have you thought of a proper punishment?"

The alpha laughed softly to himself. "Grounded sounds like a good one."

"Werewolves are grounded?" she questioned.

Xavier shook his head. "Not exactly. Restricted access, not allow out of the cave are popular punishments. Extra chores as well."

My shoulder sagged. He was given her too many ideas.

"Sounds perfect to me. He'll need something to do while he's sitting at home."

I bit my cheek. "How long?"

"Until the wedding," stated Xavier. "Someone will take you to and from school. No more chances. What Darius said is true. You're a part of this pack, and practically my son-in-law." He leaned back on his arms. "That's of course if Karen would allow me to put you under my jurisdiction as well as your parents."

"Sounds lovely."

Running my hands down my face, I groaned. "Fine, I get it." I let out a deep breath. "I deserve it, anyways." I stared at the entrance to the room where Titus was sleeping.

"Go on sweetheart." My mom gave my hand a squeeze. "We're staying the night, and I'm sure Titus would prefer if you spent this time with him."

"Thanks." I glanced around at everyone. "Good night."

They all wished me good night as I crossed the room. I pulled back the hid covering the door. A small lantern was sitting in the corner. Titus was sleeping soundly. I knelt at his side and adjusted the fur around him. Brushing back his hair, I leaned down and kissed his forehead. He started to stir.

His eyes opened, and he smiled. "Hey."

"How are you feeling?"

"Like someone punched a few holes through me," he said with a chuckle.

I didn't find it funny. I was the one who caused it. Mates were supposed to protect each other, and I had only hurt Titus. Hunters had tried to kill him twice because of me.

"I didn't mean anything by it, Aden."

"I know," I muttered, turning away to roughly wipe my face on my sleeve.

"You're a mess," he tugged on the bottom of my shirt.

"So are you," I replied, through my tears.

"Aden don't," he reached for me. "Don't cry, I've had my ass kicked enough for one day."

"You're not funny." I covered my face and took deep breaths to stay calm.

"Aden." He squeezed my hand. "Come here."

I pulled my shirt off and undid my pants. Slipping them off, I climbed under the covers with him. I sunk down lower enough that my head won't touch his shoulder and curled into his side.

"Do you still want to do it?"

I peered up at him. "What?"

"Mate with me. Werewolves are strong, but we have to be. There will always be dangerous people out there trying to get rid of the pack. We don't live by human laws. Today you saw that, and if you want to back out, I'd let you go."

I rose up on my elbows and kissed him. Looking him straight in the eyes, I pressed my hand to his cheek. "You entire family came to save me against experienced hunters. Those men could have killed them, but they still did it. If that's how a pack works, then I have nothing to worry about. I'll have you and Darius, your dad, and everyone else in Northern Ridge, there to protect me. Hell, Titus." I sat back and ran my hand down my face. "You didn't even hesitate to run across that meadow. You were ready to die for me." I sucked in my lips. "Besides my parents, I never would have thought anyone would be willing to do that for me."

Our eyes met.

"But you did. You'd have to be stupider than me to let someone like that go, and that's really saying something."

"Come here," he motioned for me.

Titus held onto my chin as I kissed him. "Your hearts bigger than your head sometimes. That's all."

"That's just a clever way of calling someone's dumb, Titus."

He laughed. "Maybe."

I took in a deep breath. "That hunter said something that stuck with me."

"What?"

"Most people become a werewolf's mate because they think it would be exciting," I smiled to myself, "but I loved you before I knew."

"I will protect you." Titus ran his finger along my faded scar. "It'll be even worse when this is permanent."

"Than I really have nothing to worry about." I crawled back under the covers and brought them up to my chin. "What you don't take care of Darius and your dad will."

Titus laughed. "Welcome to pack life, Aden, overbearing in-laws and all."

***

"Alright everyone smile," said my mother as she hurried back to get into place for a group photo.

Titus's put his arm around my shoulder as I held up my diploma. I had done it. After a year of hell, we had made it through.

One of my teachers snapped a couple images before my mom went over to make sure they looked alright.

Darius tugged on the collar of his shirt. "Are we done yet?"

His mate eyed him. "We're going to dinner after, so you're not getting out of those clothes for awhile."

"Alright let's do one with Titus's family," said my mom.

My dad stepped into the side. The werewolves squeezed in around me. I really hope this werewolf blood would make me taller and a little more muscle would be nice too. My mother did a few more photos, even showing Rose how to take a picture, so we could have a family shot. We stood around as my mother started to check them all to make sure no one had their eyes closed.

Titus took my diploma from me and flipped it open. "Aden Perri," he read. "Pretty nice."

"Do you have one?"

He nodded. "Somewhere buried in my room."

Shaking my head, I laughed. "Not surprised by that at all."

"You look nice." He lifted up my oversized sleeve of my gowned.

"Like a giant blueberry," I mocked.

"A cute blueberry, though."

I rolled my eyes. "Flattery isn't your strong suit."

He narrowed his eyes with a smirk. "I doubt that. I convinced you to marry me." Putting an arm around my waist he pulled me to him.

"Well I guess you're sort of charming," I said softly, sensing him moving in closer.

He kissed me. I clasped the back of his neck and kissed him back. Stepping back, I sucked in my lips. I heard my mother awe, and my head snapped in her directions.

"Mom!" I yelled, seeing her and Rose staring at the camera screen. "Erase it now."

She turned the camera off and put it away in her bag. "That's a wall hanger."

"Mom," I breathed. "That's embarrassing."

She shrugged. "I'm planning on using it the wedding as well." Hooking arms with my father, she walked off. "Come along, I know you're all starving."

"Finally," exclaimed Darius "Food."

Titus grabbed my hand, and we followed our parents out of the school gym. Chris's friends were standing together with their diplomas. Katy wasn't far off, posing with her group as well. The public had been told he had been killed in a hunting accident, when in actuality he was on the run.

I heard growling and glanced over my shoulder to see Darius baring his teeth to one of my classmates' mothers.

Storm pulled him away. "Can you mind your manner for one night?" she scowled.

"You heard what she said," he muttered. He noticed me looking and winked. "Don't worry, princess. I got your back."

"Oh god," I breathed. "Darius is going to make this hard."

"I'm worth it, right?" Titus slipped his arm around my back and squeezed me to him.

"Hmmm... just barely."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 18.9K 11
Aden Perri has problems. The last day of school his girlfriend calls it quits. And proceeds to move on a little quickly. His friends disappear, le...
377K 20.5K 34
~Book 6 of the Demon Series Three years, and Ranger has nothing. Not even a trail to follow. He’s wandering blind in rogue territory in search of two...
859K 23.6K 56
Baba- This is soon to be Alpha in the Blue Moon Star's. After he finds and claims his mate that is. Baba is straight with a girl wolf. His birthday i...
599K 27.9K 53
Eighteen-year-old Sean Brooks comes from a long line of witches. But unfortunately, he doesn't have a spell that can help him with relationships. Whe...