For You My Love

By FeetPepper

After a miscommunication, Lila is on the run with her fated mate Killian hot on her heels. Once he quickly ca... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 19

18 4 1
By FeetPepper

Lila POV

My heart hurts and I know only part of it is from me. Killian feels like I've betrayed him. Why can't he see that Tomas is a different man since he's met Catherine. It took a lot for him to make his confession, but it meant nothing to Killian.

I went downstairs to find Killian but he's nowhere. I decided to try to mindlink.

Me: Killian

No reply. I can feel that he's blocked me out. I tried going down to the dungeons again but was turned away. I decided that I was going to see Daniela. I stopped at Catherine's room to see if she wanted to join me.

I knocked on the door. "Come in," she says.

"I'm going to Tomas' pack. Do you want to join me?" I ask.

"I would love to but Tomas said- You know what? Nevermind. Let's go," she says. "You got a bit of pregnancy brain already, don't ya?

We go to find Killian's keys but they're gone. He must be making sure I stay in or that I let him know where I'm going.

"No worries. We can take my car," she says. "I will drive."

We got in the car then I put her address in the GPS. It was a thirty minute drive. I called Daniela to let her know we were on our way. She was so excited.

"Hopefully we get to see Tomas too. I just might stay to be with him," she says.

The drive was short and uneventful. We had just turned onto her street when I got an urgent mindlink from Killian.

Killian: Where are you?!

Me: Calm down. We came to visit my friend Daniela.

Killian: Who is she? Where are you? One of my scouts said they saw you near Tomas' pack. Is that true?

Me: Yes. Why?

Killian: Listen to me. I need you to turn around and come home.

Me: We're already here. Let me just grab her-

Killian: Please listen to me. Daniela is not his blood sister. She's the one who contacted Marvin.

"Catherine stop the car. We have to get out of here," I said.

"What? Why?" She asks.

"Just get out of here fast," I say.

I can see Daniela. She's outside waiting. She starts waving to us as I yank the steering wheel. She starts running for the car. I see her pull a gun and then shoot.

She blew out the back window.

Me: Killian she has a gun. She's shooting at us.

Killian: We're getting there as fast as we can. Just drive.

Me: I think Catherine's in shock. She's not moving.

Killian: Was she hit?

Me: I don't know. I don't think so. I don't see any blood.

"Catherine! Catherine!" I shook her with all my might and then I slapped her.

"What's going on? I thought this girl was your friend," she says

"So did I, but apparently there are things going on that even I don't know about," I say.

"We have to get out of here. Start the car and let's go."

She turned the ignition but the car wouldn't start. Trying again, the car made some odd noises but then started right up. I didn't think we'd get very far though because the engine was knocking badly.

"Just drive, Catherine. Try to get us somewhere where we can hide. You got to remember there's Marvin's men out here too," I say.

 We drove by the highway. When we turn to get on the highway we were t-boned by a big truck. As I started to fade away, I saw somebody pulling Catherine out of the car. All I could think about was my baby until I thought of nothing more.

Killian POV

How could I let this happen? I was so concerned with Tomas, I didn't keep an eye on my mate and she walked right into a trap. I should have known better. 

We were running as fast as we can with Tomas in the front. The last few times I tried to mindlink Lila, I didn't get a response. I'm trying to think of best case scenario. She's just distracted with the gunfire, because I know the worst case scenario, her being dead, hasn't happened.

I would have felt it. I needed him to be faster. I wasn't even straining my wolf. There was no way for me to mindlink him so here we are. It should take us half the time running straight through. We should be there in about five minutes. Hopefully the girls are okay.

When we finally arrived, the entire place is quiet. It's like the whole pack is asleep, but I know that's not the case. Tomas shifts back probably to talk but I don't trust this silence. I stay in my wolf form ready to fight.

I can smell my mate but it's faint. I'm hoping it's not because she's gone but that she's got away. I follow her scent and eventually find Catherine's car near the highway, empty. There are no other cars around.

I can smell her blood but it's mixed with something else. Then I panic thinking about the baby. She wanted that baby so badly. She'd be crushed if she loses it. 

I try to find any other scent that I can follow but there is none. Whoever took her did so in a vehicle. I have to wait until she calls me. I have to know she's okay.

I run back towards town and I shift. Tomas throws me some clothes and I put them on. 

"I found the car. It was empty. They obviously didn't get away. Where does Daniela live?" I ask.

"She lives right there," he says pointing to a little purple house.

I go and knock on the door but no one answers so I kick it open. There's nobody inside the house. We started to search her home looking for anything that might tell us where they are.

Lila's POV 

I wake up on some floor with my hands tied behind my back and my feet tied together.

Me: Killian? 

Killian: Lila! Thank Goddess. Where are you?

Me: I don't know. I can't see Catherine.

Killian: I'm going to get you so concentrate. What do you see and hear?

Me: I don't know. I'm scared. I don't want to move.

Killian: I need you to be brave for me baby. We're going to find you. Just tell me what you can hear or see.

Me: I think I hear a train. Yeah it's definitely a train.

Killian: Can you see anything?

Me: I don't know I'm tied up on the ground. I'm afraid to move.

Killian: You have to be brave baby. We have to get you out of there see if you can see anything.

Me: Oh, I can see Catherine. She's laying on the floor across the room.

Killian: Can you reach out and touch her?

Me: No. She's too far.

Killian: Listen, when she comes back you're going to have to cover your eyes. Don't let them see you mindlinking.

Me: Okay. This room is completely empty. It's all concrete. Wait, I see a window. Let me try to get there.

I try to wiggle my way into a standing position. It wasn't easy. I hopped over to the window when I notice a door opening. 

Me: Someone's coming.

Killian: Lay back down and pretend to be out.

I lay back down and try to even out my breathing. I can feel someone standing near me. I can't tell who it is. They kick me and I loosen my body. They kick me harder but I don't make a sound. I can hear them leave the room.

Me: They're gone.

Killian: Do you think you can get out of the ties?

Me: I can try.

Killian: No. Not yet at least. Try to see out of that window.

Killian POV

"It looks like she has deeds to three buildings in town. One is a warehouse, one a shop and the other is a slaughterhouse," Tomas says.

"We need more manpower," I say.

Me: Gamma Jade.

Jade: Yes Alpha.

Me: I need you to meet us at Tomas' pack. Bring as many men as possible.

Jade: In Texas?

Me: No. He has lands on old man McKinnon's property.

Jade: Yes Alpha. Consider us on our way.

"Greg, you take the shop while Tomas you take the warehouse. I'm going to take the slaughterhouse," I say.

Me: Are you still there?

Lila: Yes. I can't reach the window to look.

Me: Listen, we're going to search three buildings we found the deeds to. I need you to sit tight until we get there. We're waiting for backup.

Lila: Please hurry up. I don't know how long I can pretend to be unconscious. I keep getting kicked.

Me: They kicked you? They're going to pay for that. 

Lila: Catherine is stirring. Oh no she's screaming. She's going to get them in here. Please hurry.

Killian: We're on our way.

Lila: Be careful. I don't know how many there are. Someone hit us with a truck.

Killian: Just go back to laying down. Do you want me to talk to you?

Lila: I would like that.

Killian: Ok. Lay down. Give me a minute.

I gave Gamma Jade directions to each building and told her to split the men up. I swore in Tomas as a pack member so he could communicate with us. I told Tomas and Greg that we were moving in since Catherine was freaking out. Here goes nothing.

Lila POV

Catherine was screaming her lungs out and someone entered the room and slapped her. She cried out. 

"Open your mouth again you little bitch and I'll slit your throat," he says and I realize I know that voice. It's Jacob the bartender.

What is he doing with Daniela?

Me: Jacob the bartender is here. I don't know why.

Killian: I'll ask Tomas.

I waited for his response. Catherine was whimpering in the corner. I decided to go sit by her.

"Why is this happening? I don't understand," she sobs.

I wrapped my arms around by lifting them over her head. And decided to mind link her instead.

Me: Killian. I'm going to talk to Catherine instead.

Killian: Just let me know if anything changes.

Me: Okay. I love you.

Killian: I love you too. See you soon.

Me: Catherine?

Catherine: Lila? I forgot we could mindlink.

Me: Killian and Tomas are on their way so don't panic.

Catherine: But how are they going to find us if we don't even know where we are?

Me: They found some deeds to some buildings in Daniela's house.

Catherine: Who was that guy?

Me: Jacob the barman. 

Catherine: It didn't feel like we traveled far. What if we're in the bar?

Me: Let me tell Killian.

Me: Killian. Catherine makes a good point. What if we are in the bar? She says we didn't travel far.

Killian: There's no train by the bar.

Me: Could you just look?

Killian: We're at the bar. There's nothing there. Though there is a toy train.

Me: Remember back to prohibition days. There's probably secret rooms.

Killian: Can you pee by the door?

Me: Are you serious?

Killian: Yes. Scent up the place. Catherine too.

Me: Killian wants us to scent up the place by pissing by the door.

Catherine: What?

Me: So they can find us.

The indignities just don't end. As I'm trying to pull down my pants, I realize I'm just going to have to go. I close my eyes and just do it. Catherine does too.

Killian: I can smell something. Get away from the door.

Move with Catherine away from the door but nothing happens. Suddenly the door bangs open. It isn't Killian but Daniela. She points a gun at us and demands we leave the room.

I start to panic. She waves the gun to indicate where we should go. As we pass by a hallway I see him. He's ready to spring. Tomas jumps Daniela and the gun goes off.

A/N the photo is of Jade.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 7.3K 39
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
27.8M 634K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...
111K 7.7K 45
Shade Shadows is what the pack calls a Keffer, a cursed name for a being without a wolf and therefore denied the moon goddesses' greatest gift, a mat...
8.7M 249K 43
COMPLETED What would you do if you accidentally trespassed over an Alphas territory that's known for his brutal mentality and ruthlessness? And what...